My PP Killing Countach LP400 '74

• Thread starter ugabugaz
  • 4 comments
ugabugaz

Countach
ZDUbC.jpg

This car is a PP Killer - Very quick, but oh so very unstable when stock.
On Sports Grade tires it will want to kill you with ruthless efficiency.
Too bad, I've tamed it, The beast is no more.

Stats when tested (Sort of Maxed):
485 HP - Weight (1001 kg) - No Aero - No Turbo - Sports Hard/Medium/Soft - You can modify this as you see fit - DO NOT USE RACING TIRES WITH THIS SETUP unless you modify the Camber.

Lap Times:
Nordschleife on Sports Soft: 7:02.006 <- Lap was average, Can be faster/slower
Nordschleife on Sports Hard: 7:29.369 <- Same as above

LSD: 23/46/20
Brake Bias: 5/5 <---Adjust this to your driving style, Personally I like rear bias. This car however is slightly twitchy under braking. You may prefer 6/5 or Even 6/4.

Suspension:
Ride Height: 0 | 0 <-- You may drop to -25|-25 (-25|-25 Works best on the Ring) Based on the Circuit - No problem whatsoever, Tune is tested at both heights.
Spring Rate: 9.6 | 15.3
Dampers Extension: 6 | 8
Dampers Compression: 5 | 7
Roll Bars: 3 | 5

Camber: 3.6 | 3.3 <--Racing Tire Users MODIFY CAMBER DOWN to around 2.00 Front, 1.2 Rear
Toe: -0.04 | -0.04

Additional Comments: Tune Works best on Sports Soft

Love Feedback but only if you spend time with the car.
My previous tune, The Wicked Elise <-- Clicky
My previous tune, Hot Hatch Megane <-- Clicky

Last edited:
Emm you havent listed what PP it is . I assume 500 PP , the LSD accel says 346 I guess it should be 46 :D

I tuned one of these for the 525pp shootout on SS tyres mine had a wing though. I managed to beat someones Zonda, great car.

EDIT: I see youve corrected the LSD already :D

Emm you havent listed what PP it is . I assume 500 PP , the LSD accel says 346 I guess it should be 46 :D

I tuned one of these for the 525pp shootout on SS tyres mine had a wing though. I managed to beat someones Zonda, great car.

EDIT: I see youve corrected the LSD already :D

Yep. 550PP - Works wonders online, at least for me. Forgot to mention, It was tuned on the Ring, So it will work best there. Throttle control is advised, It's still tons of HP at very little weight ;p

Edit 2: Top Post updated with lap times / comments

Last edited:
unfortunately, my car had a weight 3 reduction installed, and already chassis reinforcement, so I added about 100kg ballast,

I'll blame it on my car, but the tune wasn't stable at high speeds, and suffers much understeer, although tameable, but did have classic lambo feel, so I'll give it that.

7:30 on the ring, with a crash, (and avoided 5 other crashes) on Nostalgia pp.

default tranny, correct? topped 315km on the straight, so that was fun,

Still an easy win for the seasonal. thx.

unfortunately, my car had a weight 3 reduction installed, and already chassis reinforcement, so I added about 100kg ballast,

I'll blame it on my car, but the tune wasn't stable at high speeds, and suffers much understeer, although tameable, but did have classic lambo feel, so I'll give it that.

7:30 on the ring, with a crash, (and avoided 5 other crashes) on Nostalgia pp.

default tranny, correct? topped 315km on the straight, so that was fun,

Still an easy win for the seasonal. thx.

Stock tranny works fine for The Ring - Adjust it as you see fit.
The tune makes it inherently unstable at high speed, at least a bit, I sacrifice high speed stability for low speed corner quick turn-in. If you want high speed stability, simply do this...
-0.004 | 0.004 Toe. The bold represents change. Not sure where you found understeer though, What tire grade did you test on?

The chassis reinforcement could be what broke the tune, I never use it.As the name implies, it stiffens the car...so yah, Try it without a chassis reinforcement if you have another Countach. The weight really doesn't matter, no need to add another 100 kg. The tune does have slight understeer under certain conditions, but it's very small.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back