Primus Ortus

Oh wow! That is amazing! I may have to learn how to do HDR images some times soon. Fantastic work :drool: And thanks again :cheers:

Agree with everyone here withe that last shot. The miniature city shot is amazingly realistic, too!

Primus. That X2010. Is... Simply... Stunning, so amazingly spectacular. And so is the new Nissan shoot. Great work! :drool: And so are the Track shots on the previous page, and the Lancer Rally ones! I am in visual Heaven!

Okay, remember the Real World Circuit set? (See HERE) Well, I finally got around to the City Circuit, excluding SSR 5 and 7. My favorite is Rome. Madrid, London, and Cote d'Azur are 6 bracket HDRIs, with some editing in Gimp, Lightroom, and Picnic. I know, it's overkill... :indiff: Rome and Tokyo are single shots. The 2.0 update messed with the sky. I don't like the bloom GT5 forces on the shots. In order to do an HDRI now, however, you have to put up with it. Rome and Cote took the longest - I illuminated the windows, added light shafts and added a halo around a couple trees. I did something similar to the second Cote pic, but also added a sun, took out some offending clouds, and worked on the water. Hope you like!

Thank you arsenal. :)

I love the third shot in post 385.

That was one of my favorites as well. Thanks!

Wow, that HDR is gorgeous!

Thanks Nato! (Did you get that pizza sauce off your Gallardo? :D

Oh wow! That is amazing! I may have to learn how to do HDR images some times soon. Fantastic work :drool: And thanks again :cheers:

You're pictures are already great. Thanks for the compliment!

SVX
Agree with everyone here withe that last shot. The miniature city shot is amazingly realistic, too!

Thanks SVX - I'm still undecided about Mini-Madrid. The composition and framing are okay, I'm just not sold on the focus I guess.

Would you look at that! :drool:
That is an astonishing Piece of Art right there!

Heh, thanks!

the x2010 shot is amazing!! 👍

Thank you rev!

Primus. That X2010. Is... Simply... Stunning, so amazingly spectacular. And so is the new Nissan shoot. Great work! :drool: And so are the Track shots on the previous page, and the Lancer Rally ones! I am in visual Heaven!

Thanks you Skython. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Oh that sea shot at Monaco :embarrassed: :drool: these are all amazing! I don't think it is overkill, its fantastic 👍

Last edited:
Wow. Someones been busy since I last came here. All three of your latest sets are amazing (Don't have time to look at the others) and are way beyond my skill level.

Maybe one day you could give us some more tips and tricks :sly:.

So I took the ol' Alfa out for another spin, this time on Cirque de la Sarthe. Fun to drive, but a little top heavy and narrow, she likes to yaw a little bit much when going over rumble strips on hard turns. Nevertheless, she's beautiful to me. :)

Also, here's a couple bonus shots originally made for the City Circuit set I did previously:

6289798199_7ccb252a33_b.jpg

Thanks Skython!

Oh that sea shot at Monaco :embarrassed: :drool: these are all amazing! I don't think it is overkill, its fantastic 👍

Hehe, thanks Solo - I appreciate the comments/compliments!

WTF!!, this set is gorgeus!!

Monaco and Rome are :drool::drool:

Rome is my favorite of the bunch as well...too bad I only have a 30 day trial on Lightroom...

:eek: Wow! Those city shoots are just...WOW! :drool: 👍 :)

Thanks Nato. :embarrassed:

i liked the Rome and London pics

Me too! Thanks for visiting!

Wow. Someones been busy since I last came here. All three of your latest sets are amazing (Don't have time to look at the others) and are way beyond my skill level.

Maybe one day you could give us some more tips and tricks :sly:.

Ya, right ashes - your photos are every bit as good if not better. I appreciate the flattery though! :)

I love the third shot.

Thanks bro - and congrats on your PMC win!

Lovely Alfa set - she is a great car. 👍 :)
Primus Ortus
she likes to yaw a little bit much when going over rumble strips on hard turns
I've nearly rolled her a couple of times hitting the rumble strips during a hard turn myself. ;)

Despite such great shots (3 and 6) the best would have to be the final shot, though there should be more sky glow, in the city the sky is brighter than that due to all the lights. 👍 :drool:

Lovely Alfa set - she is a great car. 👍 :)

I've nearly rolled her a couple of times hitting the rumble strips during a hard turn myself. ;)

Thanks as always Nato!

Despite such great shots (3 and 6) the best would have to be the final shot, though there should be more sky glow, in the city the sky is brighter than that due to all the lights. 👍 :drool:

Thanks Skython - while I agree with you about the glow, I took it out for the same reason I darkened the sky in the other SSR7 shot - I wanted a Noir feel in those photos. I captured it better in the first shot of the two, I think. ;)

Here is another shot of the Alfa, which failed to make the latest 2.0 comp (I think the judge was looking for a retro feel...) In any case, I like the lighting and the effect the aperture had on the grandstands:

That is a great shot - it was tough to get in the poll in 2.0 this week, I didn't make it either. :(

That is a great shot - it was tough to get in the poll in 2.0 this week, I didn't make it either. :(

Thanks Nato. Yeah, it was a pretty good poll, that's for sure.

BkS
Love that final Alfa shot, gives a real sense of nostalgia.

Thank you! That's what I was going for with the lighting. :)

Here's a new set I started in anticipation of entering the latest 2.0 Comp.
I've titled it, "Snow White and Rose Red at the 'Ring".
I hope you like them!​

Last edited:
This isn't realistic, this is too beautiful. The colours are soo smooooooth! And the first one has great lighting. 👍 :drool: Outstanding work Primus! 👍

Your Alfa update is amazing :drool: And I love the last IS F DTM shot, fantastic colours and depth of focus 👍

Le first one looks straight out of Shift 2 :D
But it still has a great atmosphere, and that's all a picture need. 👍

Lovely gallery, but those postcards on the previous page are absolutely fantastic :drool: Great job 👍

Well, it's been over a month since my last update...blame that one on the 24 Hours of Le Mans I started. :ill: I love Nurburgring, but I'm going to be forfeiting that 24 hour race... In any case, I finally got a chance to do something besides circle Le Sarthe, so I kicked the dust off the ol' Vette's tyres and gave it a spin in Japan. The editing style is a little different for each photo, but the emphasis was on lighting. The first one is my favorite:

____________________________​
I like them alright :) Love the lighting in the first shot. 👍

Thanks as always Nato!

This isn't realistic, this is too beautiful. The colours are soo smooooooth! And the first one has great lighting. 👍 :drool: Outstanding work Primus! 👍

Thank you Skython!

Your Alfa update is amazing :drool: And I love the last IS F DTM shot, fantastic colours and depth of focus 👍

Lol, thanks Solo - I appreciate it.

Fantastic shots, I have take a look at your gallery, what to say... :drool: ... it is amazing!

Thank you my friend!

Le first one looks straight out of Shift 2 :D
But it still has a great atmosphere, and that's all a picture need. 👍

I don't have Shift 2, hehe, but I'll take it as a compliment... :sly:

Lovely gallery, but those postcards on the previous page are absolutely fantastic :drool: Great job 👍

Thanks TM! I'm partial to the postcards as well. :)

Fantastic! I love the lighting in the first shot ( funny I seem to remember saying this before. ;)) 👍

Back