Is there a way to get back from 2.01 to 2.00?

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 27 comments
Germany
Germany
KiroKai
KiroKai
Hi, first thanks if you read my post, some answers would be very nice. I hope somebody can help me...

I have several reasons why I'd really like to get back patch 2.00 and remove the 2.01 version. Now I don't know how to do this, so I ask you.

Will the patches be removed when I delete the GT5 data from my HDD and reinstall it?
Will I be able to download them again, excluding the 2.01 by using the cancel function after 2.00 is installed?
What will happen to my save game, will it be compatible to the older version?

I know that I will be forced to play offline as long as I use the old version (if there's any way to get it back), I only need this for about one week to do some things that have been removed by the 2.01 patch.

Thanks in advance for any answers!! Please tell me if and how it is possible. :)

When you delete the GT5 installed game data you remove everything(make sure you back up your game save just in case, and back up any replays that you want) so if you want to reinstall you will need the disc(ver 1.00) then install all updates except that last(should be 2.01(stop after the 1GB patch(ver 2.00)))

When you delete the GT5 installed game data you remove everything(make sure you back up your game save just in case, and back up any replays that you want) so if you want to reinstall you will need the disc(ver 1.00) then install all updates except that last(should be 2.01(stop after the 1GB patch(ver 2.00)))

Interesting, I just asume that when updating it will go straight to 2.01.. have you tried it yourself fox? Just wonder if any recent DLC, or even stealth cars will be affected by it.
Another question, how do I check my disc version?
Thanks in advance

When updating it will go

1/11
X%

Total x%

Just stop the update after the 1GB update has installed.

Do it slowly.

Just stop the update after the 1GB update has installed.

Do it slowly.

Very much thanks for your help! 👍
I'll try it. Also, I'll copy my save game and replays before, I just hope that my save game still works with the older version... One thing I know for sure already is that all my car icons will have to be repaired. Not really looking forward to doing this, will take hours.

now im curious to why you want to go back. i havent played gt in a while so i still have 2.0.

You'll get the answer when I'm ready. ;)

I've went all the way back to 1.0 with my 2.0 savegame. Everything is still there, but it is interesting to note how the game calls the X2010 the "Red Bull X1 Prototype" back in the early days...

It's also werid not seeing the Open Lobby, Online Dealership, or Seasonal Events buttons on the menu. Makes me feel empty... :P

I have also heard that people have went back to earlier versions so they could glitch up the license tests for easy golding. I've never tried it myself, but it does seem possible...

Very much thanks for your help! 👍
I'll try it. Also, I'll copy my save game and replays before, I just hope that my save game still works with the older version... One thing I know for sure already is that all my car icons will have to be repaired. Not really looking forward to doing this, will take hours.

You will lose your replays, photos, thumbnails and courses you created.
You might also lose the cars from 2011 and the new dlc stuff if you play on an older version.

Here this might help,

GT5 update history:
1) 608 MB = 1.05
2) 301 MB = 1.06
3) 47 MB = 1.07
4) 1763 KB = 1.08
5) 48 MB = 1.09
6) 380 MB = 1.10
7) 62 MB = 1.11
8) 13 MB = 1.12
9) 1149 KB = 1.13
10) 1192 MB = 2.00
11) 112 MB = 2.01

Cool, mite work well then. Seems there still chances of lossing items so in that case going to try it on another account so don't corrupt my original save game.

Thanks for all the feedback. Will update and let you know how it go soon.

Haha I know, thanks fox but just gonna take extra precaution and use it on a different account since you are still able to lose photos, tracks and dlc from what I read so far.

Haha I know, thanks fox but just gonna take extra precaution and use it on a different account since you are still able to lose photos, tracks and dlc from what I read so far.

Like SlyckTires already said, deleted the game data effects all accounts if they are on the same PS3. You only lose the dlc stuff and 2011 cars if you play on a version lower than 2.00.

Again, much thanks for all the replies! I did it today and I'm almost ready, only thing I still need to do is fix the Premium car icons and import the replays I saved before.

I actually knew that I'd lose all my photos (I really enjoy the photo mode of GT5 - over 3,500 pictures so far!) which actually isn't too bad because I keep exporting them, too bad I haven't noticed that I forgot my brand new Spa shots, done with my white F430... they all were taken with that super high double-than-normal quality (before 2.0 you weren't able to select this on replays, only photo travel) which takes ages to load for every single picture. I lost these pictures. :grumpy: Anyway, my own fault.

I've went all the way back to 1.0 with my 2.0 savegame. Everything is still there, but it is interesting to note how the game calls the X2010 the "Red Bull X1 Prototype" back in the early days...

It's also werid not seeing the Open Lobby, Online Dealership, or Seasonal Events buttons on the menu. Makes me feel empty... :P

I have also heard that people have went back to earlier versions so they could glitch up the license tests for easy golding. I've never tried it myself, but it does seem possible...

Agree with all points! I feel lonely too now. :P I have the icons, but can't use them as I'm not on the latest version.

By the way, is your PS3 still connected with the internet? I tried to keep it connected so that I could use PSN, but you get a notice that there is new game content that pops up every 5 minutes. It is very annoying! If you drive, the game won't pause, if you're in a menu, the game won't ignore the buttons you press. I have cancelled the installation accidental because I needed to press "O" to quit the "There is a new game patch" message. :grumpy:

About the save game thing, I didn't even need the backup of my save game, GT5 kept it like it is. Only problem I had was that before I downloaded any updates, the game was freezing when I wanted to change/view my new gear. Of course, as it wasn't included in the original game.

GSD
You might also lose the cars from 2011 and the new dlc stuff if you play on an older version.

Here this might help,

GT5 update history:
1) 608 MB = 1.05
2) 301 MB = 1.06
3) 47 MB = 1.07
4) 1763 KB = 1.08
5) 48 MB = 1.09
6) 380 MB = 1.10
7) 62 MB = 1.11
8) 13 MB = 1.12
9) 1149 KB = 1.13
10) 1192 MB = 2.00
11) 112 MB = 2.01

Very much thanks for the overall info and the update data sizes!
Luckily, I haven't bought the DLCs yet. Will get it in December when the second one comes out, going to buy them both then.

You can't play online though.

I know. :indiff:

GSD
Like SlyckTires already said, deleted the game data effects all accounts if they are on the same PS3. You only lose the dlc stuff and 2011 cars if you play on a version lower than 2.00.

Exactly. Whenever you delete game data or download patches, they will be added/removed on all accounts on the same PS3.

Last edited:
Im curious, what happens to the DLC? I read all of the above, but what if I will uninstall everything, and install untill 2.00 will the DLC return (or can i redownload it?)

A 2nd question is about the stealth cars and chromelines, how can I get those back?

The DLC content is in patch 2.0.

As for the stealth/chromeline cars just log into the PSN using the account you used when you used the codes and redownload them or just use your save as they should be in the garage.

The DLC content is in patch 2.0.

As for the stealth/chromeline cars just log into the PSN using the account you used when you used the codes and redownload them or just use your save as they should be in the garage.

thanks for your information.

EDIT:
I tried to download to 2.0 on another PS3 and put my savefile of 2.1in it,that works [OK]
when I was ready and put my save (now from 2.0) to my own PS3 system (with GT5 on 2.1) I gotall the stealth cars new... I had the Stealth cars ofcourse,and some had miles/kms and were tuned,but now they are all new with 0/0/0. That's new and strange to me.

Last edited:
GSD

Here this might help,

GT5 update history:
1) 608 MB = 1.05
2) 301 MB = 1.06
3) 47 MB = 1.07
4) 1763 KB = 1.08
5) 48 MB = 1.09
6) 380 MB = 1.10
7) 62 MB = 1.11
8) 13 MB = 1.12
9) 1149 KB = 1.13
10) 1192 MB = 2.00
11) 112 MB = 2.01

Thanks for that, very useful. :)

now im curious to why you want to go back. i havent played gt in a while so i still have 2.0.

If I had to guess, I'd assume it's due to the stock rim painting glitch. ;)

If you're still on 2.0, I'd recommend stocking up on cars with painted stock rims before you update. They seem to be going for a lot in the Marketplace too. :drool:

only thing I still need to do is fix the Premium car icons and import the replays I saved before.

Hey, great thread here :) very useful, thanks for starting this :)

Would be thankful though if you can help out in fixing the premium cars thumbnails, how do you do that ???

Hey, great thread here :) very useful, thanks for starting this :)

Would be thankful though if you can help out in fixing the premium cars thumbnails, how do you do that ???

When downgrading to another GT5 version, of when transferring your savefile to another PS3, the thumbnails always be screwed up.
You can fix this by pressing triangle in the car menu (on any of the cars) and use the option 'create thumbnails'.
NOTE here that if you have a lot of cars and do this, it can take up to 1 hour+ !!!

Probably worth pointing out if you happen to have a USB hard drive then backup your PS3 hard drive before doing all this, then when you've finished, restore the backup.

You won't lose all your replays, photos, etc then.

Probably worth pointing out if you happen to have a USB hard drive then backup your PS3 hard drive before doing all this, then when you've finished, restore the backup.

You won't lose all your replays, photos, etc then.

Interesting to know this, could you give me an idea how long it takes to back up your PS3 HDD if you got it filled up to about 200GB (lots of video data)?
Based on that I could get to know if it's faster to back it up or if exporting the stuff and importing it back again afterwards (besides being a terribly big effort with lots of replay files to export and import one by one) will be quicker.

Yeah, would be a great tip, I hit a wrong button when I was backing up my replays and lost them all, only 7 were actually backed up :s

Back