1st GTP F1 World Championship for ordinary mortals only!

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 539 comments
There is nothing wrong with Mr.S organising skills. Its just that, there is not enough interest generated on the GTP forums for F1 2011.

thunderjolt
I never said he had any problems with his Organising skills.

I know, i'm not accusing you of saying anything. Im just saying, that mr.s shouldnt feel down, about being "pranked" and not having many people show up, its not his fault.

sorry guys, but its time to look for f1 codemasters forum. There're many threads about online leagues. And many ppl ACTUALLY racing.

First race with You was great, but i really want to race F1 online, not just spend time waiting for anybody to show up.

But i will check this thread if something changes.

Sorry that I haven't been active in this thread or this league much, just only being on GTP for 10 minutes at a time and what-not.

Sorry Mr.S for being a crap team-mate but when I tried making a championship it failed too.(Mine was more-so that it was crap though)

Sorry I haven't been able to make the races, should've told you guys that I've been in Spain for the week. Sorry. :(

I'll gladly host the lobby and join you guys but I won't run after anyone anymore. A race must consist of 6 people, at least, I think.

Mr. S
I'll gladly host the lobby and join you guys but I won't run after anyone anymore. A race must consist of 6 people, at least, I think.

Okay cool, you can count on 2 people being there, hopefully we....i'm not going to jinx us.

Indeed. Haven't checked the thread for a while, sorry - being sick doesn't help much. :)
The qualifying in Malaysia will start at:

8:30pm GMT
8:30pm UK time (winter, yay)
9:30pm CEST (Paris, Madrid, Berlin)

Mr. S
Indeed. Haven't checked the thread for a while, sorry - being sick doesn't help much. :)
The qualifying in Malaysia will start at:

8:30pm GMT
8:30pm UK time (winter, yay)
9:30pm CEST (Paris, Madrid, Berlin)

You are awesome for posting the times for the race in the UK. I was going to turn up at 7:30pm.. >.<'

Bit of a dodgy night...

First of all that setup for Sepang was brilliant so thanks Mr S.

What I thought was a shocker in qualifying somehow turned out be second on the grid but I know that Bazy was on hard tyres and Thunder was getting pestered by his brother so it was probably better than I think. But definitely a massive improvement from Melbourne.

Had too much wheelspin at the start and lost loads of ground to Mr S on the rundown to turn 1. I think Thunder was all over me and I planned to take a deep line into turn 1 to have the inside for two but went way to deep on full tanks and cold tyres...
nobody would go into me but unfortunately I got in Thunder's way and ruined his race straight away... Sorry about that.

Most of the race I wasn't properly settled so I kept spinning. But on what I think was the first third of the race for some reason I'd caught right up to the back of Mr S at the first two corners. I assume you pitted but the real mystery was the drivethrough I got for the "Illegal overtake" on you.

Then somehow I met Mr S again and you surprised me with your dive down the inside of the hairpin and I'd already turned in so spun you out unintentionally.

Then the worst moment... Very sorry about that Mr S I should have taken the blue flags as a warning but I thought you were a HRT and the game was messing up again so I gave what I thought was the lowly AI (HRT, Lotus and Virgin) my usual lack of respect and yeah you're quite aware of the rest of the story.

Managed to get fastest lap on what was my last lap a 1:29.7 and I thought it might be a good idea if I donated my points to you as a sort of payback for ruining your race. Mindyou looking at the table I'm not sure you need the points so it's up to you if you want to take them.

I think Thunder was all over me and I planned to take a deep line into turn 1 to have the inside for two but went way to deep on full tanks and cold tyres...
nobody would go into me but unfortunately I got in Thunder's way and ruined his race straight away... Sorry about that.

Yeah, I did have to play a lot of catch up only to spin out. No worries. Next time just check who behind you before you swerve back onto track. :)

Also, The crash we had Mr. S (Completely my Fault because I span) was pretty awesome. I saw your front wing explode all over my driver. I was only worried that I could've ended your race.

Then somehow I met Mr S again and you surprised me with your dive down the inside of the hairpin and I'd already turned in so spun you out unintentionally.

Then the worst moment... Very sorry about that Mr S I should have taken the blue flags as a warning but I thought you were a HRT and the game was messing up again so I gave what I thought was the lowly AI (HRT, Lotus and Virgin) my usual lack of respect and yeah you're quite aware of the rest of the story.

Managed to get fastest lap on what was my last lap a 1:29.7 and I thought it might be a good idea if I donated my points to you as a sort of payback for ruining your race. Mindyou looking at the table I'm not sure you need the points so it's up to you if you want to take them.

No worries man, keep them. I couldn't get a fast lap in anymore but well, such is life. I was kind of furious right after the race and I'm sorry for telling you to learn to drive...accidents can happen, that's just it. I'm just sad because I would've crossed the line like 60 seconds before bazylfox in case nobody would've crashed into me. But then again, bazylfox had a puncture shortly before the pits as well - so it would've been more like 30-40 seconds anyway, I think. He also spun when he was like 2 seconds after me, right after my first pit stop. Who knows what would've happened without any incidents at all.

Yeah, I did have to play a lot of catch up only to spin out. No worries. Next time just check who behind you before you swerve back onto track. :)

Also, The crash we had Mr. S (Completely my Fault because I span) was pretty awesome. I saw your front wing explode all over my driver. I was only worried that I could've ended your race.

No worries here as well, I'm just amazed how your car wasn't even damaged when I rammed straight into your right side pod (couldn't avoid you, as you might've guessed) at around 220 km/h.

I was just really pissed that I couldn't win this one either after my PS3 froze 3 times during the first race, around 1 second each time - causing me to spin violently each time.

Anyway, good race apart from those incidents. :)

a_start_melb_2011-6-470x313.jpg

Malaysian Grand Prix

Qualifying

1 - Mr. S | 1:30.502
2 - GTRacerUK | 1:31.756
3 - bazylfox | 1:32.788
4 - thunderjolt | 1:33.216
(+8 "Legend" AI drivers)

Race

1 - bazylfox | -
2 - Mr. S | -
3 - GTRacerUK | 1:29.615
4 - thunderjolt | -
(+8 "Legend" AI drivers - not taken into account for points)

(Sorry, my phone was kind of "frozen" and I couldn't take a picture of the screen - quickly memorized the fastest lap. )

Standings

1 - 54 points - Mr. S | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 1, pole: 2)
2 - 40 points - bazylfox | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
3 - 31 points - GTRacerUK | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 1, pole: 0)
4 - 25 points - Pawel17 | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
5 - 12 points - Jamie-C | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
6 - 12 points - thunderjolt | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)

There was a race?? I woke up at 6am, waited for half an hour, know one was on, so i went back to sleep. Dammit.

PAWEL17
There was a race?? I woke up at 6am, waited for half an hour, know one was on, so i went back to sleep. Dammit.

I might be wrong but could it be you were online 1 hour early? Due to the UK being back on GMT etc :/

Mr. S
I might be wrong but could it be you were online 1 hour early? Due to the UK being back on GMT etc :/

Ah!! Damn! Had no idea. But this would have been more convenient to start later.

Last edited:
Thank You guys. It was decent race, hope more to come.

Q: on my flying lap mr Liuzzi drove out of pits straight into me - so i got +10 positions penalty, lol. So i decided not to wear softs and do just one lap on hard tyres. Race starting position 12. :)

R: I knew i must start extremely fast and overtake all AI's so i don't loose time for You guys. I had good start, put engine map on fast and used almost all KERS. I was 4th before 1st corner. Then i saw GTRacerUK and thunderjolt going on grass. So i managed to go slow into corner and overtaken them.

I was right after Mr.S but did few mistakes and i lost some time. After 1st pit stop i was 4th after Mr.S, Buemi and Algersuari. I've quickly catched AI's. I spun on 1st corner after using DRS and Buemi rammed on me - so i got 5xp points penalty lol. After 2 laps i've overtaken them.

We had few laps with Mr.S fighting (after second pit stop i guess) but when You got inside line i didn't want to crash and stayed on outside. Then i just couldn't keep up :)

On 20th or 22nd lap i got left front puncture just after main straight, so i lost a lot of time going to pits. And then something strange happened - (lap 25th) on second to last straight i catched Mr.S and easily avertook him. I tought it must be some car failure. I had more then 13 seconds lead and just focused on clean laps. On last lap i was so nervous !
And across the line ! Yes!

I had 3 pit stops - softs -1st> softs -2nd> hard -3rd> softs

Sorry for You Mr.S, hope this bad luck was last time.

Race was fun and i hope to race You again!

Last edited:
Can't believe I forgot in my post before but congrats on winning Bazy.

Again I can't make next week but I'll be back in a fortnights time.

Can't believe I forgot in my post before but congrats on winning Bazy.

no problem - thx

Again I can't make next week but I'll be back in a fortnights time.

Maybe we can postpone next race one week later. We have Independence Day on 11th which is day free, and thursday evening i will be heading for my mothers house.
I don't want to miss race ! So maybe we can race 17th ! or maybe 9th !

From what I recall, Mr. S said he won't be holding any more races because of the turnouts. Maybe, we could convince him otherwise. Or set up a GTP Group full of racers and hold "Friendly" races whenever we want. Anyone think this is a decent idea?

From what I recall, Mr. S said he won't be holding any more races because of the turnouts. Maybe, we could convince him otherwise. Or set up a GTP Group full of racers and hold "Friendly" races whenever we want. Anyone think this is a decent idea?

I do.

As long as people show up: no problem. I'm just sick of running after people. I really enjoy playing with you guys.

<rescheduling cancelled>

Last edited:
Mr. S
As long as people show up: no problem. I'm just sick of running after people. I really enjoy playing with you guys.

Anyway, since bazyl requested to reschedule the race:

Is everyone game for the next race on Sunday, the 13th? Instead of Thursday, of course - not in addition. :)

It would be great, because i would then have finished Uni for the year.

Back