1st GTP F1 World Championship for ordinary mortals only!

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 539 comments
I'm out from evening 10th till afternoon 13th.

But if You guys will race during these days, that's no problem for me.

Hm, There's a 50 50 chance for me to join in. Saturday is usually a day my Family likes going out. I'll make my final verdict on Saturday.

Right, so it seems leaving it on Thursday would be best since bazyl can't make it during the weekend. :(

Please let us know in advance (by posting in here) if you can't make it.

------------------------------------

china-flag.jpg

The next race will be held on THURSDAY at 8:30pm GMT (8:30pm UK time - 9:30pm CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME (PARIS, MADRID, BERLIN etc.) - be there or be square! I'll send out invitations around 10-15 minutes before.

i was there, but just to say i can't make it. There was only me and Mr.S so i guess we wouldn't race.

Hope next week more will show up !

Please let us know in advance (by posting in here) if you can't make it.

------------------------------------

china-flag.jpg

The next race will be held on THURSDAY at 8:30pm GMT (8:30pm UK time - 9:30pm CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME (PARIS, MADRID, BERLIN etc.) - be there or be square! I'll send out invitations around 10-15 minutes before.

Yet again, for great justice.

Well, depends on how many people actually show up. But it'll certainly be on if at least 5 or 6 people show up.

BREAKING NEWS!

During Qualifying Kovalainen Trolled us hardcore by setting a Lap time of 6 Seconds.
Mr.S cable fell out of his DFGT causing him to get Suspended.
Thunderjolt (Me) got totalled by a one of the AI Cars and cannot continue the Race.

That is all.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS!

During Qualifying Kovalainen Trolled us hardcore by setting a Lap time of 6 Seconds.
Thunderjolt (Me) got totalled by a one of the AI Cars and cannot continue the Race.

That is all.

Yeah, was kind of odd - I moved the car onto the grass just before the last hairpin and got suspended immediately, not even a warning. Blocking? Yeah...because everyone wants to be on the grass. :ouch:

I couldn't reply during the race but I started on 12th, not 8th, thunderjolt - yet, an HRT saw me diving towards the top 3 on the inside of the first corner and subsequently decided to check the durability of my right sidepod and turned me around. That caused me to end up last again. The same HRT tried to knock me out once more.

Anyway, due to the bugged qualifying I'll award the pole position points to both me and GTRacerUK. Hope that's ok for everyone since I've been DSQ'ed after the qualifying was over.

I wanted to set the fastest lap during the race but well... hardly possible with 1 stop and dying tyres. :D

Could bad luck please stay away from me for the next race? Just once? That'd be pretty awesome. :D

Yeah, was kind of odd - I moved the car onto the grass just before the last hairpin and got suspended immediately, not even a warning. Blocking? Yeah...because everyone wants to be on the grass. :ouch:

I couldn't reply during the race but I started on 12th, not 8th, thunderjolt - yet, an HRT saw me diving towards the top 3 on the inside of the first corner and subsequently decided to check the durability of my right sidepod and turned me around. That caused me to end up last again. The same HRT tried to knock me out once more.

Anyway, due to the bugged qualifying I'll award the pole position points to both me and GTRacerUK. Hope that's ok for everyone since I've been DSQ'ed after the qualifying was over.

I wanted to set the fastest lap during the race but well... hardly possible with 1 stop and dying tyres. :D

Could bad luck please stay away from me for the next race? Just once? That'd be pretty awesome. :D

Well I got totalled, So I'm hoping that doesn't happen again..

thunderjolt
BREAKING NEWS!

That is all.

Speaking of horrible AI, next time you choose AI, don't pick buemi, he enjoys diving onto your racing line while you are overtaking.

Mr. S

Let's hope so lewis.

Well I got totalled, So I'm hoping that doesn't happen again..

The AI cars looked really sloppy, like they were lagging. They went from left to right and back again all the time.

Speaking of horrible AI, next time you choose AI, don't pick buemi, he enjoys diving into your racing line while you are overtaking.

I'm usually just picking the bottom drivers, didn't know Buemi had that habit. :/

Yeah I was going for it as well after it seemed you had some problems with around 8 laps to go. But on my fastest lap I span and my left rear hit the barrier. It would have been a race ending crash in real life but there wasn't a scratch to be seen on the game!

Really happy how well the race went though, no spins apart from the one I mentioned above. And I surprised myself when I was able to up my pace with Mr S catching rapidly in the first 10 laps, then maintain a gap, then increase it in the pit stop phase and finally increase it to a comfortable margin in the final stages.

I think I only lapped you Pawel but thanks for getting out the way so well.

Yeah I was going for it as well after it seemed you had some problems with around 8 laps to go. But on my fastest lap I span and my left rear hit the barrier. It would have been a race ending crash in real life but there wasn't a scratch to be seen on the game!

Really happy how well the race went though, no spins apart from the one I mentioned above. And I surprised myself when I was able to up my pace with Mr S catching rapidly in the first 10 laps, then maintain a gap, then increase it in the pit stop phase and finally increase it to a comfortable margin in the final stages.

I was speculating on increasing the pace by 2-3 seconds during the last 12 laps but well...not today. Great drive and grats to you. :)

PTsws.jpg

Chinese Grand Prix

Qualifying

1 - Mr. S | 1:39.652 (on par due to incidents / bugs occured during qualifying, actually started on 12th)
1 - GTRacerUK | 1:41.651 (on par due to incidents / bugs occured during qualifying)
2 - bazylfox | 1:42.307
4 - thunderjolt | 1:42.756
5 - PAWEL17 | time has been cut off on the picture, sorry :dunce:
(+8 "Legend" AI drivers)

Race

1 - GTRacerUK | -
2 - Mr. S | -
3 - PAWEL17 | 1:38.742
4 - bazylfox | -
DNF - thunderjolt | -
(+8 "Legend" AI drivers - not taken into account for points)

Standings

1 - 78 points - Mr. S | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 1, pole: 3)
2 - 62 points - GTRacerUK | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 1)
3 - 52 points - bazylfox | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
4 - 46 points - Pawel17 | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 0)
5 - 12 points - Jamie-C | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
6 - 12 points - thunderjolt | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)

crooky369

I think you have some drivers mixed up, bazyl was catching you in the first few laps, i was right behind him, he spun or something, then i was behind you, i was losing alot of time, then found some rythm, and started gaining here and there, as you passed traffic, you made a smart move by pitting early avoiding traffic, which i thought i could avoid, but lost time, then after the pitstop, i was around 2 secs behind, before i hit buemi, then had to pit for a new wing, and on a set of new tyres, got that fast lap.....or so thats how i saw it.....i supposedly came 3rd on my screen....huh....

Great to see mr.s winning the champ, without yet winning a race. Haha

Oh, you got hit by him? I thought your tyres were degrading too fast and that'd be the reason for you pitting twice. :grumpy:

If bad luck keeps following me around...you guys will catch me at the end of the next race. ;)

Mr. S
Oh, you got hit by him? I thought your tyres were degrading too fast and that'd be the reason for you pitting twice. :grumpy:

If bad luck keeps following me around...you guys will catch me at the end of the next race. ;)

Well technically i hit him, but i was overtaking on the racing line, when he decided to dive on to my racing line, giving me know time to react, you know how it is, they have a mind of there own. They could use with a bit of GT5 intelligence.

I think you have some drivers mixed up, bazyl was catching you in the first few laps, i was right behind him, he spun or something, then i was behind you, i was losing alot of time, then found some rythm, and started gaining here and there, as you passed traffic, you made a smart move by pitting early avoiding traffic, which i thought i could avoid, but lost time, then after the pitstop, i was around 2 secs behind, before i hit buemi, then had to pit for a new wing, and on a set of new tyres, got that fast lap.....or so thats how i saw it.....i supposedly came 3rd on my screen....huh....

Really? I thought you were a lap behind... and the game had cocked up one again with lapped traffic.

Well I just about to ask why Bazl wasn't on 55 points but my question has been answered.

Sounds like an eventful race :lol:, sorry I couldn't make it guys, I was in a practice session in GT5 for a 2 hour endurance race I'm participating in tomorrow so I couldn't join :(, I'm going to make sure I'm there for the next one though :)

Congratulations for the winner - GTRacerUK !

For me it was terrible race. AI was sooo stupid and agressive.
Buemi made me spin 5-8 times, lapped AI blocked me and drove into me in the corner so of course i got drive through penalty.

I think yesterday i forgot how to drive - because i was driving like rookie.

I feel sorry for thunderjolt - because i know how AI drove last night.

Maybe next race Ai turn off ??

bazylfox

Buemi made me spin 5-8 times, lapped AI blocked me and drove into me in the corner so of course i got drive through penalty.

I'm guess that'll happen if we have atleast 6 Drivers.

bazylfox

Haha that buemi, he was causing all kinds of trouble. I would like to see AI off, but then we need more drivers, SH fire was offline 48 mins before i came on. And jaimie was doing another race. I want more drivers, so i will try chasing them up for the next event.

Back