Clueless Tunes - Cleaning up (Nov. 23rd)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 3,040 comments
Looking good so far! You seem to have gotten rid of most of the understeer. Personally I prefer a bit of oversteer, would that be possible without making the tires suffer?
I also like the way the car handles the curbs well.
I look forward to seeing what you can sneak out.

Looking good so far! You seem to have gotten rid of most of the understeer. Personally I prefer a bit of oversteer, would that be possible without making the tires suffer?
I also like the way the car handles the curbs well.
I look forward to seeing what you can sneak out.

I'm with you on the preference for oversteer. I did not play with the torque distribution yet. Stock was 41/59 which does work pretty well somehow. I think moving power towards the rear a bit will help. There still might not be enough torque to kick the rear RH tires out though. I will see what I can do with the suspension. It probably should not get too much stiffer overall. Try 5/6 or 5/7 brake balance too. I'll give it another run tonight. :dopey:

madmyk
I'm with you on the preference for oversteer. I did not play with the torque distribution yet. Stock was 41/59 which does work pretty well somehow. I think moving power towards the rear a bit will help. There still might not be enough torque to kick the rear RH tires out though. I will see what I can do with the suspension. It probably should not get too much stiffer overall. Try 5/6 or 5/7 brake balance too. I'll give it another run tonight. :dopey:

Slight lower rear might help?

I now have a new phone, and all I can say about phone technology is aaarrrrggggg!!!!! How do you do it Desperado? :) <--- this took me 30 min. To type :dopey:

At least I can do that :DOPEY:

Slight lower rear might help?

I now have a new phone, and all I can say about phone technology is aaarrrrggggg!!!!! How do you do it Desperado? :) <--- this took me 30 min. To type :dopey:

At least I can do that :DOPEY:
My OP for the "Tons of Fun" took me around 5 hours to put together, and I've been editing it ever since.:crazy:

On the bright side at least the phone let's me get on this site and connect my ps3 for the seasonal races.:cheers::gtpflag:

My OP for the "Tons of Fun" took me around 5 hours to put together, and I've been editing it ever since.:crazy:

On the bright side at least the phone let's me get on this site and connect my ps3 for the seasonal races.:cheers::gtpflag:

You, my friend, are amazing! :bowdown: 👍...........amazing!!! :dopey:

Will be in Walla-Walla between Christmas and New Years, how far away is that?

Forgot to add This cannot be my entry into the "Tons of Fun" event. So here it is :dopey:

Not a normal Clueless Tune, but I was convienced to do it because eveyone should have this car, and I have been refusing to tune a GTR :dopey:. It meets all requirements for the "Tons of Fun" at 1880kg and sport softs, but cannot be barrowed :(. But it just might make people enjoy this car. Thank you!

Nissan GT-R SPECV (GT Acadamy Special)
kyotogiondm.jpg

mtasotarmac.jpg

Found as a gift from PD

868bhp
610pp
662 ft. lb. @6400 RPM of torque
weight 1880 Kg
P/W Ratio of 2.13Kg/HP

parts

Auto
Oil Change

weight Reduction
Stock/None
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
Center Diff
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Soft (S3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Weight Adjustment - 200kg @ 40
Torque Split: 25/75
LSD- Front: 15/18/9
---- Rear: 18/22/10

GearingIn this order please
Top Speed - 137
Final - 2.500
1st - 4.497
2nd - 2.965
3rd - 2.291
4th - 1.811
5th - 1.480
6th - 1.250

Ride Hight - Front: -20 Rear: -16
Spring Rate- Front: 16.0 Rear: 11.8
Extention- Front: 7 Rear: 7
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 4
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 3.5 Rear: 2.2
Toe Angle- Front: -0.10 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 4

No weight reduction, just add 200kg in all the right places 👍

Thank you for this event, it has been a blast!!! I hope the testers enjoy :dopey:

london1.jpg

Last edited:
About 6 - 8 hours drive.:dopey:

Unfortunately its near the far eastern end of the state and I'm Just west of Portland in the western end of the state.

madmyk

Ahh okay, it will also be running on racing medium I just thought I'd be better to get it working well with the worse compound. 👍

A few things to address

1. Thanks madmyk for helping tomhart9 with his tune. I don't think I'll be getting the DLC, so thank you.

2. Clueless tunes will be adding a new member soon, so keep an eye out for that 👍

3. The cars I was testing for the "Tons of Fun" event are on share if you are a friend and would like to try them (again sorry for entering a Datsun :D )

4. Onboy... Clueless Vs. Outlaws in a Super Kitty Panda battle? You don't stand a chance! :crazy::scared:........:lol: :lol:

-'night :dopey:

\
4. Onboy... Clueless Vs. Outlaws in a Super Kitty Panda battle? You don't stand a chance! :crazy::scared:........:lol: :lol:

-'night :dopey:

*coughcough*
we have the Harvey wallbanger on our side, we fear nothing. Not…

And does madmyke want to join us? Outlaw vs Clueless tag team/relay/2v2 battle. :D The Clueless Outlaws!

'night, even though it's noon over here.

Ahh okay, it will also be running on racing medium I just thought I'd be better to get it working well with the worse compound. 👍

Well, in that case you might not need the brakes anymore! :crazy:

I think I'm done unless you have suggestions for the transmission (see original post for edits). Changing the torque distribution made a pretty big difference, but otherwise I couldn't get anything more out of it. I go for stability over the last few tenths so hopefully that will work out for you. It should be able to handle a bump from a car or a minor off track excursion without causing a fatal spinout.

You can mess with the tranny of course. Camber can be tweaked without upsetting the balance much but could affect tire wear. I couldn't get oversteer in the suspension without totally destablizing the car, but you can try lowering rear downforce if you like. For bumpy tracks you might want to lower the rear dampers 1 click each.

Hope you like it. Thanks for the feedback so far. Let me know how it works out. :cheers:

ToscanaTarmachorizontal.jpg

Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09

"Tons of Fun" edition

First, I would like to thank Clueless Tunes for offering me to join them, they like to have fun and so do I, I hope I can provide more fun tunes.

I have created this car for Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun" competition.

This car is my first ever competetive tune, and I am very proud of this, although I have no high expectations. I chose this car based on its looks, there is something about an Italian supercar that just screams beauty. In season 14 of Top Gear the presenters went on a GT road trip through Romania, James May chose a 2 seater Lamborghini while Clarkson and Hammond chose proper GT cars, however it was James that enjoyed the destination the best so I hope that I will have a pleasing final result too (which shouldn't be too hard, as my expectations are very low ;)).

Found: New Car Dealership
Colour: Arancio Atlas
Wheels: Stock

GT Auto
Oil Change
Rear Wing 1

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension

The Tune

Horsepower: 875 BHP - Engine fully broken in
Weight: 1653kg
PP: 612

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount: 155kg
Position: 14----------- -8
Weight Balance: 41/59---44/56

Engine
Power Limiter
Power Level: 100%

LSD
Initial: 6/8
Accel: 10/13------------10/10
Braking: 15/15----------10/15

Torque Distribution: 45/55

Transmission
Set Max Speed, then Final, then Ratios.
1st: 3.496---------------3.448
2nd: 2.333---------------2.308
3rd: 1.704---------------1.690
4th: 1.290---------------1.284
5th: 1.000---------------1.000
6th: 0.790---------------0.794
Final: 4.212-------------4.900
Max Speed: 310kph

Suspension
Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 12.5/12.5
Extension: 6/5-----------5/5
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll: 3/4-----------4/4
Camber: 2.5/2.0
Toe: -0.25/0.20----------0.00/0.20

Brake Balance: 4/7--------5/9

Tyres: Sports Soft

Notes:All aids off except ABS, tuned with at DS3 controller. This car will let you get on the power really early and is really fun to drive as you can throw it around the track, however if you go too far it WILL kill you :cool:.

Changes for London & Nurburgring GP/D are in RED

Car is alot more stable and tame now, however for best results you still need to BRAKE EARLY for some corners. This allows you to put the power down much earlier and results in a better lap time.

Last edited:
madmyk
Well, in that case you might not need the brakes anymore! :crazy:

I think I'm done unless you have suggestions for the transmission (see original post for edits). Changing the torque distribution made a pretty big difference, but otherwise I couldn't get anything more out of it. I go for stability over the last few tenths so hopefully that will work out for you. It should be able to handle a bump from a car or a minor off track excursion without causing a fatal spinout.

You can mess with the tranny of course. Camber can be tweaked without upsetting the balance much but could affect tire wear. I couldn't get oversteer in the suspension without totally destablizing the car, but you can try lowering rear downforce if you like. For bumpy tracks you might want to lower the rear dampers 1 click each.

Hope you like it. Thanks for the feedback so far. Let me know how it works out. :cheers:

Brilliant cheers! The first race is Saturday so I'll let you know what happens! 👍

I would like to welcome Wildheart to Clueless Tunes, your first tune looks good, and I wish you luck in the "Tones of Fun" event :cheers:

madmyk, wish I could test your tune, I'm sure it's easy to drive like always :sly:

OP Updated (sorta :dunce: ). Have a great day! :dopey:

I would like to welcome Wildheart to Clueless Tunes, your first tune looks good, and I wish you luck in the "Tones of Fun" event :cheers:

madmyk, wish I could test your tune, I'm sure it's easy to drive like always :sly:

OP Updated (sorta :dunce: ). Have a great day! :dopey:

Thanks mate, good luck to you too :)

I edited my tune to say it was done with a controller too.

Hi there ,

First i would like to thank you for the Impreza TC tune , now i aint much of a fan of 4WD in this game . Anyways not going to far into the discussion why i'll try to keep it on-topic as much as i can :) .

I saw you're tune and tought why no my DLC cars are sitting in the garage anyways collecting dust so might as well try it .
Took the Scooby out gave it a nice and shiny paint job , installed the desired parts and adjusted the settings to you're tune .
And well of to deep forest we went , deep forest is my personal favourite testing track .

Online room , only ABS1 on , yes racing softs i know the tune is for Racing hard but most online lobbies i find run softs so better to try them, oh and a controle pad seeing my wife isn't really to happy about the "i want a racing seat" discussion :ouch: oh and automatic gearbox :ill:

Anyways , After taking it for a couple of laps i saw times of low 1.09.xxx , now this might not be top of the notch times for some of the drivers out there but then again the hot lap times aren't really top priority for me , I find it more intresting to see what happens in some cases , like late braking , running not the perfect line , and how the car feels when driving it hard trying to push it .
And this is where you're tune shines in my opinion , the car doesn't feel dangerous at any point , it is rock solid like it runs on train tracks , it is able to adjust a line midcorner , you can throw the car around any corner without having the fear of a whipeout .
It is fast there is no question about it , and the gearsettings are very smooth and it is a pleasure to drive . Yes the fun factor might not be very high but it is a extremely competitive car online , no idea about offline seeing i hardly bother with that .

I couldn't find any flaws in the tune , other then you need to keep an eye on the speedmeter constantly seeing you are going way faster then you think .

I'll defenatly be using this car a whole lot more thats for sure :sly:

Anyways end conclusion about the tune a defenatly 👍👍👍👍👍/5

ps : sorry i know my kind of revieuws might come across strangly but then again thats me so i hope you can understand all the blabber above :dopey:

*coughcough*
we have the Harvey wallbanger on our side, we fear nothing. Not…

And does madmyke want to join us? Outlaw vs Clueless tag team/relay/2v2 battle. :D The Clueless Outlaws!

'night, even though it's noon over here.
fixed it...

What kind of tag team/relay/2v2 we talking about? All Pandas, all day? :D
I'll have to see if madmyk is up for it, or maybe the new guy Wildheart90 (thats right we've expanded :D )

My Panda tune should be done in the next 72-96 hours. :dopey:
Thanks mate, good luck to you too :)

I edited my tune to say it was done with a controller too.

Great to have you in the garage 👍 will update the OP to state you tune with controller when I get to my computer, and not this phone :mad:

:dopey:

fixed it...

What kind of tag team/relay/2v2 we talking about? All Pandas, all day? :D
I'll have to see if madmyk is up for it, or maybe the new guy Wildheart90 (thats right we've expanded :D )

My Panda tune should be done in the next 72-96 hours. :dopey:

You better get moving then, I've already completed my Panda! Just need to refine the diff, the gearbox, the suspension and the brakes. :dopey:

:lol: :lol: well at least you have the tires set, and the car :scared: :lol:
:dopey:
Oh, I forgot the tyres…aandd the engine. And the new turbo. And the back seats that need to be thrown out with the rest of the weight…and the car itself, actually. :lol:

Nah, it's pretty much done, just don't forget the bicycle tyres it's fitted with.

Oh, I forgot the tyres&#8230;aandd the engine. And the new turbo. And the back seats that need to be thrown out with the rest of the weight&#8230;and the car itself, actually. :lol:

Nah, it's pretty much done, just don't forget the bicycle tyres it's fitted with.

I'll let you know when I'm done 👍 (don't forget to put on the light weight paint!)

Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
"Tons of fun edition"

And here i am again :D , after the Scooby ( Impreza TC ) tune wich you can read about somewhere above this , i decided to give another tune a try .
Now even tho i don't understand anything about the rules of the "Tons of fun edition" compitition i decided to give it a go with the Lambo .
I tried out a couple of other tuner tunes and was rather impressed by the cars handling with only Sport softs tires .

Anyway's seeing i had one of these Italian rustbuckets in my garage it would be a cheap test :P , normally i would take it to deep forest but as far as i have managed to find out it is all about Monza ( no chicanes thank god ) .
So after getting the car set up i loaded into Monza .
Offcourse some of us with kids and a wife know how easily distracted we can be , so after finally returning to the driving seat i forgot about the Sport soft tires , lets just say that my first toughts about the car weren't anywhere near positive , i felt like dumping it straight away .
So it was time to grab a beer and a smoke and see what was wrong .....
And after a lot ( well not really i saw it straight away ) searching i found the problem .... THE DRIVER :banghead::banghead:

Finally i was able to get onto the track , and after only 10 laps i can allready form a conclusion .
This is a supercar , engine will roar like there is no tommorrow like a lambo should . Gears will pass one by one in a manner that is next to perfection , you really got a very good setting on this , it is nice and smooth yet allways on high bhp / torque moments . It never feels like there is a gap between any shifts .
Then the handling , even tho it is a 4wd , it isn't very forgiving wich means you need to pay attention all the time . This isn't some random 4wd wich you don't need to respec . It won't kick you in the balls but instead the bull will hump you from behind . Yet even with that said if is a pleasure to drive .

This ain't no sunday drive car , but a beast on the track .
Treath it good and you will love it , treath it crap and the bull will gladly stand behind you .

I saw there were different classes in the "Tons of fun post" and i ain't sure wich group this will be in as far as PP goes or if PP even has something to do with it , but when driving constant 1.40.xxx's ( laps that was without driver mistakes ) and even a 1.39.9xx i think it must have a chance to catch a lot of people offguard .
edit : this was off-line with a controller-pad , abs1 only , and tire wear on , realistic grip

all in all a defenatly 👍👍👍👍/5
( the reason for only 4 it the driver was lacking the skill to go full out :ouch:)
but this car is defenatly worth training with .

disclosure: i am sorry for the wall of text and if some of my phrases are non-understandeble , if i aint making any sence it was fully intentional and large amounts of alcohol had nothing to do with it .

little extra edit : this car seems to be way more addictive then i was counting on , i managed a 1.38.853 ( same offline abs1 etc... settings and i still feel i can push it even harder )

Last edited:
"Tons of fun edition"

yes yes i see the look on you're faces allready thinking : "oh god there is the idiot again" but be re-assured i will try to make sence for once ...
I am getting addicted to these Sport soft tunes .

Anyways The GT-R , it is butt-ugly nobody can convince me otherwise period , but the technoligy behind this car is something everyone carlover or not has to respect . Such a big / heavy car yet the performance is compared to some supercars way better .

Again i took this car to Monza ( no-chicane ) still annoyed but the apperance but still all testing should be objective . I had a pretty good reference with the Lambo seeing bhp / weight wise they are pretty close , both 4wd also .

I do tend not to look at the laptimes during the hotlap , first finding during all the laps the car feels slow it doesn't look fast , i mean there isn't any moment where you feel "this is the edge of the car" cornering is solid , but braking .... it has brilliant brakes , maybe overexaggerating ( god knows if that is spelled correctly ) but its like throwing out a shipsanker compared to the lambo , i can brake an easy 2 maby 3 meters later thats 6 to 9 feet i think .

So you think hmm the speeds are pretty much the same for the lambo , yet you can accelerate faster and brake later and wich in the end confirmed my findings , it is fast but doesn't feel like a borderline case.
A 1.37.580 on monza ( no chicane , abs1 , controller pad etc... als the same settings ) means for me it is 1.273 seconds faster then the lambo .
I do think and hopefully with the weekend starting now i might be able to cut of another second maybe even 2 but that would mean running flawless .
It is a challange but a fun one .
Keep in mind i consider myself as a medium skilled driver , running with a controllerpad and my times will easely been beaten by some i am sure , but this might consider a lot of other medium skilled drivers to diver Sport soft tunes a try and find a whole new dimension in GT5

score
👍👍👍👍/5
4 thumbs because you did a great job on the car , but the car on its own is just not something that appeals to me

Anyways i'll leave this thread alone for a bit now , dont wannabe a hijacker , just very impressed with what you have guys done to these cars , keep it up .
Sorry again for the loads of text :D

"Tons of fun edition"

yes yes i see the look on you're faces allready thinking : "oh god there is the idiot again" .......

Anyways i'll leave this thread alone for a bit now , dont wannabe a hijacker , just very impressed with what you have guys done to these cars , keep it up .
Sorry again for the loads of text :D

On behalf of Clueless, I would like to say thank you for the reviews! That is what most, if not all, tuners want, is a review 👍 Keep it up and I may add you to the staff as a reviewer :D

Now on to my review :dopey:
I didn't pick the car for the looks, or the handling, or the speed, but rather it was given to me by PD and my oldest said I should enter it :yuck:
But it does handle well, and the speed is so... calming... that you forget that you are traveling at over 200mph :scared:........saddly the car fits the specs for the event, but you can't share it (..you can share it, it just can't be barrowed :confused: ).

So thank you for the reviews, and feel free to test some more! 👍 Just check out the OP and enjoy some diving :dopey:

.. but you can't share it (..you can share it, it just can't be barrowed :confused: )...

So , that means every tester has to build this car with his own "Academy Special"?

Why not build this car with a "normal" SpecV (exact the same as the Academy Special) , paint it pink and put it on share for everyone? ;)

raVer

So , that means every tester has to build this car with his own "Academy Special"?

Why not build this car with a "normal" SpecV (exact the same as the Academy Special) , paint it pink and put it on share for everyone? ;)

raVer

That might just happen :dopey: :D

On behalf of Clueless, I would like to say thank you for the reviews!

You are very welcome , it was very fun to do

Keep it up and I may add you to the staff as a reviewer :D

We will see , one can never know the future ahead

I didn't pick the car for the looks

thank god :P , that means you have good taste

So thank you for the reviews, and feel free to test some more! 👍 Just check out the OP and enjoy some diving :dopey:

Oh i will , like i said these sport soft tunes are strangly addicting , it is a shame i can't find many online lobbies with tires restrictions to see how the cars and myself would do . Also these would make certain reviews much more intresting , alltho i might try them against RS racers , you never know what can happen :scared: ,

I got some ideas of making reviews a bit more intresting , even with pictures :odd: ( less textwalls that way :P ) , its all still a work in progress

You are very welcome , it was very fun to do ...

Oh i will , like i said these sport soft tunes are strangly addicting , it is a shame i can't find many online lobbies with tires restrictions to see how the cars and myself would do . Also these would make certain reviews much more intresting , alltho i might try them against RS racers , you never know what can happen :scared: ,

I got some ideas of making reviews a bit more intresting , even with pictures :odd: ( less textwalls that way :P ) , its all still a work in progress

If you like the sport soft
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6173769#post6173769
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6023019#post6023019
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5771938#post5771938
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6236453#post6236453
Just a few :dopey:
(we have more, and madmyk is very good at tuning for SS 👍 )

Back