1st GTP F1 World Championship for ordinary mortals only!

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 539 comments
Sorry about not turning up last race. My router stopped working and refused to connect back to the internet.. By the time it was working the race was over.

Sorry guys for Quitting just like that... I don't think it'd be worth it if I race with you guys any more. While I was racing knowing I wouldn't be able to recover I started thinking what's the point in racing. I tried to keep racing for as long as I could (Didn't want to look like I'm a sportsman). Sadly watching that gap grow from seconds to minutes I thought what's the point. Sorry guys, but I don't really think I should be racing any more. I'll still be around to talk to. Maybe if I could match any one else's pace one day maybe I'll consider racing again.

:(

I know that feeling, believe me. However, thanks for being a true sportsman and make way when I lapped you. In fact, I would've loved to have some sort of "thanks" button in the game.

Pawel: I was really sad to see you spinning, thought we'd get our great battle this time. In fact, I began shouting "NOOOOOOOOO" and my roomie asked if I'm ok. :grumpy:

Last edited:
crooky369
Yeah I'm not a fan either.

I prefer pork myself.

*Gets coat.

Haha, well played.

And Mr. S, well done on. Your first Championship Race win, finally Luck went your way. I'm sure it is not the last. Too bad i wasn't able to give you fight, sorry my fault.

Good to see, 4 races, 4 winners.

Last edited:
I love Turkey, brilliant track for online racing, offline as well. Most fun races i've had online in F1 2010, unfortunate that i've yet to have any in F1 2011 yet.

Sorry for not showing up last night. But i got Skyrim at last in my hands and got so lost in time :) When i checked it was 1:30 AM.

Peter.
I love Turkey, brilliant track for online racing, offline as well. Most fun races i've had online in F1 2010, unfortunate that i've yet to have any in F1 2011 yet.

Where we're you last night then!

XZ69K.jpg

Turkish Grand Prix

Qualifying

1 - Pawel17 | 1:25.200
2 - Mr. S | 1:25.257
3 - GTRacerUK | 1:26.443
4 - thunderjolt | 0 laps
(+8 "Legend" AI drivers)

Race

1 - Mr. S | 1:25.690
2 - GTRacerUK | 1:26.144
3 - PAWEL17 | 1:24.839
4 - thunderjolt | DNF
(+8 "Legend" AI drivers - not taken into account for points)

Standings

1 - 103 points - Mr. S | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 3)
2 - 80 points - GTRacerUK | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 1)
3 - 67 points - Pawel17 | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 2, pole: 1)
4 - 52 points - bazylfox | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
5 - 12 points - Jamie-C | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
6 - 12 points - thunderjolt | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)

Next week is generally stuffed with pre-christmas things going on in Europe - so the next race will be on December 15th!

Next week is generally stuffed with pre-christmas things going on in Europe - so the next race will be on December 15th!

Perfect!

Somehow despite me working every other Thursday night I've never missed a race. 👍

I do think the points system needs a slight tweak though in that there's too many points for a fastest lap. The problem is if you're in a comfortable third like Pawel in Turkey and me in Malaysia then it makes sense to pit for a set of fresh options and go for fastest lap.

Me, I think Pawel and maybe others have taken advantage of it and I don't think it's fair that the person who's driven a better race in 2nd gets 3 points less than someone who places 3rd with a fastest lap that's pretty much a foregone conclusion if you're a half decent driver.

I do think the points system needs a slight tweak though in that there's too many points for a fastest lap. The problem is if you're in a comfortable third like Pawel in Turkey and me in Malaysia then it makes sense to pit for a set of fresh options and go for fastest lap.

Me, I think Pawel and maybe others have taken advantage of it and I don't think it's fair that the person who's driven a better race in 2nd gets 3 points less than someone who places 3rd with a fastest lap that's pretty much a foregone conclusion if you're a half decent driver.

I have to agree - how about the others? How about making it 3 points for the fastest lap? Of course, you'll keep the 6 points if you've gotten them in a previous race.

I have to agree - how about the others? How about making it 3 points for the fastest lap? Of course, you'll keep the 6 points if you've gotten them in a previous race.

Even then though you'd get the same amount of points. I think the rule should be that you shouldn't be eligible for fastest lap if you make any more stops than the leader has.

Even then though you'd get the same amount of points. I think the rule should be that you shouldn't be eligible for fastest lap if you make any more stops than the leader has.

Than the average player would make sense - would be rather bad if everyone but the leader made 3 stops and you wouldn't get your points because of that. :)

crooky369
Perfect!

Somehow despite me working every other Thursday night I've never missed a race. 👍

I agree, but it wasn't planned, i stuffed up my race, by misjudging the tyre wear. I was pushing and pushing to catch up, but when you see that you can't catch up, why not just go for the fast lap.
I think lowering the fastest lap fpoints to 1 or 2, should be fine.

Than the average player would make sense - would be rather bad if everyone but the leader made 3 stops and you wouldn't get your points because of that. :)

Yeah that makes sense.

All of us just mirror each other with pitstops at the moment anyway because the tyres puncture too easily if you try and run them past the recommended laps which results in reducing the already limited number of strategys you can use.

I agree, but it wasn't planned, i stuffed up my race, by misjudging the tyre wear. I was pushing and pushing to catch up, but when you see that you can't catch up, why not just go for the fast lap.
I think lowering the fastest lap fpoints to 1 or 2, should be fine.

I didn't think of this because of you, just to be clear on that - I actually thought about it after Malaysia but thought it'd be unfair to make this suggestion since I "made the rules" and took advantage of that in Australia. :)

I guess 3 + no extra stop would be best, uh? So that it's still worth something. :)

Last edited:
Montmelo.png

The next race will be held on DECEMBER 15th at 8:30pm GMT (8:30pm UK time - 9:30pm CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME (PARIS, MADRID, BERLIN etc.) - be there or be square! I'll send out invitations around 10-15 minutes before.​

The next in my series of 100% Races will take place next weekend, 16th-17th. It's up to all of you drivers what time, what day ,and what track we go to next. Vote please, and please enter!

Link to the Poll!

Mr. S
The next race will be held on DECEMBER 15th at 8:30pm GMT (8:30pm UK time - 9:30pm CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME (PARIS, MADRID, BERLIN etc.) - be there or be square! I'll send out invitations around 10-15 minutes before.

Remember, remember...:)

Yes, we do, but i can't be there to race with you guys.

I have to do some driving very early in the morning tomorrow (1600km)

I wish you great race :)

bazylfox
Yes, we do, but i can't be there to race with you guys.

I have to do some driving very early in the morning tomorrow (1600km)

I wish you great race :)

Well that sucks. Has Mr.S messaged any of the other drivers ahead of schedule? I know for one, SHfire is no longer racing, but maybe some others might want to race tonight.

I haven't messaged anyone specifically (through PM) about it - hope we're having 4 or 5 people + AI (minus Buemi). :)

Back