Vol Jbolaz

Hermits United
Premium
United States
Burlington, NC, USA
a_garris/Vol_Jbolaz

ParitySeries.png

News

• 14 April For now, this series will take place in the SNAIL_Division2 lobby.

Overview

This series will aim to produce close racing of drivers at different skill levels in production cars. This series is still experimental and will require patience as it is improved over time.

I expect to format this in a number of short seasons, probably three to six weeks long for each season. For each season, there will be a different initial PP and tire selection.

Format

The series will be weekly. Race sessions will start at 22:00 Eastern Time on Tuesday evenings (03:00 GMT on Wednesday mornings). After each race, there will be an adjustment in the parity.

Parity

Each series will have an initial PP level that all cars start at. There will be a minimum PP level below which they won't drop and a maximum above which they won't rise.

There will also be a set PP increment. Cars will move up and down between the minimum and maximum levels by that increment. The increment will depend on the cars place in the race and the number of cars present.

Event Settings

• Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order:
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: Off
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real

Regulation Settings

• Tuning Prohibited
  • No Skid Recovery Force
  • Driving Line Off
  • No Active Steering
  • No TCS
  • No ASM

GVE-R-cropped.jpg

Schedule

• 30 October 2012: 86-ilk
    • Car Selection: Toyota 86 GT '12, Scion FR-S '12, Subaru BR-Z '12, Lexus GS-F '13, Daihatsu YetAnotherBadgeSlap '14
    • Initial Performance Point Level: 440
    • Lower Performance Point Level: 425
    • Upper Performance Point Level: 455
    • Performance Point Increment: 5
    • Tire Selection: Sports Hards
    • Track Selection: Grand Valley Speedway, Rome / Reverse, Circuito de Madrid / Reverse, Deep Forest Raceway Reverse, vote
    • Special Rules: For this, tuning will be allowed. Cars are not allowed a rear spoiler. Other body kits are allowed.

Last edited:
The full leaderboard is available online as a shared Google document.

12 June Megane versus C30 - 5 races - 80 points maximum (replay files)
  1. Nic-KL - 74 points
  2. ADR_BRONCO - 72
  3. Oshawa-Joe - 65
  4. Vol_Jbolaz - 65
  5. ChuthuluGoat - 58
  6. nateral00 - 57
  7. dabneyd - 53 (4 races)
  8. jeffandleigh - 20 (2 races)

5 June F2007 - 6 races - 96 points maximum
  1. ADR_BRONCO - 89 points
  2. zer05ive - 83
  3. spooble - 81
  4. Nic-KL - 80
  5. Oshawa-Joe - 80
  6. Vol_Jbolaz - 73

29 May Impreza RM - 5 races - 80 points maximum
  1. Nic-KL - 75 points
  2. dabneyd - 72
  3. kcheeb - 68
  4. Oshawa-Joe - 64
  5. zer05ive - 61
  6. Vol_Jbolaz - 53
  7. ChuthuluGoat - 51
  8. GlennGolfer1 - 45
  9. GTP_esh - 27 (2 races)

22 May GT500 World Tour - 5 races - 80 points maximum
  1. Nic-KL - 73 points
  2. Oshawa-Joe - 68
  3. kcheeb - 61
  4. zer05ive - 59
  5. dabneyd - 51 (4 races)
  6. Vol_Jbolaz - 50
  7. aubdogg - 49 (4 races)
  8. leadbedr - 42 (5 races)
  9. tezgm99 - 41
  10. Apmaddock - 34 (3 races)
  11. Chuthulugoat - 30 (4 races)
  12. SCREAMING_CHIEF - 27 (4 races)
  13. GlennGolfer1 - 26
  14. iceburgson - 19 (2 races)
  15. dvdoughboy - 10 (2 races)

15 May Night of 500 PP - 5 races - 80 points maximum
  1. Nic-KL - 73 points
  2. dabneyd - 66
  3. Vol_Jbolaz - 64
  4. spooble - 61
  5. ChuthuluGoat - 57
  6. leadbedr - 56
  7. GTP_dylansan - 45 (4 races)
  8. tcoffin014 - 39 (4 races)
  9. rallywgn81 - 32 (3 races)
  10. GTP_esh - 27 (2 races)

Last edited:
Sounds good. I will have to check the dates as I think I have 1 or 2 girls basketball games that I have to supervise at that time.

Sounds good. I will have to check the dates as I think I have 1 or 2 girls basketball games that I have to supervise at that time.

I really want to flesh out the first post some, but...

the nice thing about this series is if you miss a race, you don't fall behind. The cars are not constantly growing like before. The only thing that happens is you miss some points. You can still enjoy racing with us, you are just out of contention for the championship.

You need to specify whether suspension, LSD, transmission, and other non-pp based parts are allowed.

[*]Allowed Tuning: Body/Chassis Modification, Engine, Intake System, Exhaust Parts, Turbo Kits

I do need to work on the first post and lay it out better and clarify things better. But for this, no transmission, drivetrain, suspension, or aerokit parts.

You can, if you want, stiffen the chassis, but on comfort medium tires, you are likely to overload the tires and introduce understeer. On older cars, though, this may make them easier to handle. I can't complain about that, but so much. I'm hoping for some very close racing, so I don't want anyone fighting wild oversteer.

I could see the justification for a transmission on a car that starts well below 350 and is now being driven well outside what it was designed for. But... I'm going for more of a lightly-modified production car series. I would rather no one used Weight Reduction - Stage 3, for example, or perhaps limit preseason spending to 25,000 or something. But I'm not going to go that far right now. First time out, I just want it to be simple.

In the Lemons series, we had been limiting cars to being 10 years old. I didn't do that this time, but I personally will probably use an older car (possibly even the Exa). Is there any danger in allowing a newer car? Is there a particular newer model that could wreck the series?

The PP should keep things pretty much even...don't think there's anything that'll really stand out, especially if you're keeping racers, tuners, concepts, etc out.

No matter what rules you set, there will be cars that give drivers an advantage. The handicap system should neutralize most of that, but you still have to expect a handful of cars to out perform the rest even after handicaps are applied.

No matter what rules you set, there will be cars that give drivers an advantage. The handicap system should neutralize most of that, but you still have to expect a handful of cars to out perform the rest even after handicaps are applied.

So, do you think you want to join us, Huyler?

I think so. It depends on what PP you select. I don't want to see more than 20pp difference in cars. If you make 350 the starting point, the range should be 340-360.

I'm also wondering whether CS tires would be better than CM tires...but that could just be due to how bad the Mazda Cosmo handled. I'm OK with either tire.

I think so. It depends on what PP you select. I don't want to see more than 20pp difference in cars. If you make 350 the starting point, the range should be 340-360.

I'm also wondering whether CS tires would be better than CM tires...but that could just be due to how bad the Mazda Cosmo handled. I'm OK with either tire.

I want to play around with it a little bit. If the PP step is 3, then the range will be 344-365. If the PP step is 2, then the range will be 346-364 (or maybe 346-366 or 344-364).

I think you have to start everyone dead center and have no more than 10pp swing in either direction.

Okay, I may have to bump Spa from the schedule. And depending on how tires work, may just say Comfort and let people pick between Hard/Medium/Soft. Which is kind of a pain.

If the room is set to 360PP, how do we make sure drivers who should be under that amount actually are? Its not that I dont have faith in people, but that is a deciding factor!

If the room is set to 360PP, how do we make sure drivers who should be under that amount actually are? Its not that I dont have faith in people, but that is a deciding factor!

This is cumbersome, but has worked before.

We set the PP limit to the lowest drivers. They enter the course. We up the PP limit, to the next set, and they enter the course, and so on.

No one is allowed to leave the course during qualifying.

This is cumbersome, but has worked before.

We set the PP limit to the lowest drivers. They enter the course. We up the PP limit, to the next set, and they enter the course, and so on.

No one is allowed to leave the course during qualifying.

As long as thats the case you can surely count me in. I'm a born skeptic thats all.

garris - never saw you in a room, so didn't join...msg'd you, but didnt get a response.

Some other time I'd like to try this PCP racing concept of yours..maybe 3 20 minute races in an evening or something.

Wondering if there's room for me to join

I have never done a series before but I would like to join this one. I am a clean driver

Welcome.

I'll be fleshing out the first post more. Everyone keep your eyes on it.

garris - never saw you in a room, so didn't join...msg'd you, but didnt get a response.

Some other time I'd like to try this PCP racing concept of yours..maybe 3 20 minute races in an evening or something.

Sorry, I didn't see the message. I was checking every now and then to see who was in an online lobby.

But, to really test this out takes more than just two of us. We'll need a good little group of people, the more the merrier.

Back