Solo's Gallery (UD 6/3) PMT3 R2 rejects, Mustang (criticisms wanted!)

• Thread starter Solo
  • 1,077 comments
Very nice shots lately! (I know I'll keep saying that :lol:, oh well.)

The Brera shots are great, and so are these ones as well. I think I like the Golf R shots the most. Your CCCL shot is probably my favorite of the bunch, there's something with that one that attracts me. And one thing more, you were a fellow GIMP user, right? I just want to highlight how nice it is to see you experiment with the colour toning options. Your old shots could be a bit boring seeing how most of them were very red-ish when it came to the colours (for example your "Uphill" entry). That wasn't a bad thing, but it's nice to see greater variation. Your CCCL entry is in my opnion your best entry into anything so far. It's due for you to have a win soon. :P
Your improvements are getting greater and greater.

/wall 'o text. (Sorry!) :dopey:

Skython
That last shot will go through, I'll be surprised if it doesn't. it's perfect. Though I'm not to fond of some of the GTR shots. Maybe just me. The Mini shots are great though. 👍 :drool:
Thanks :D I hope it does get somewhere as I really want to get comp win soon! I see they may be a bit too bright on the Monza track. Thanks :cheers:

SVX
Fantastic lighting mate!
:D thank you!

FishyJuice
Very nice shots lately! (I know I'll keep saying that :lol:, oh well.)

The Brera shots are great, and so are these ones as well. I think I like the Golf R shots the most. Your CCCL shot is probably my favorite of the bunch, there's something with that one that attracts me. And one thing more, you were a fellow GIMP user, right? I just want to highlight how nice it is to see you experiment with the colour toning options. Your old shots could be a bit boring seeing how most of them were very red-ish when it came to the colours (for example your "Uphill" entry). That wasn't a bad thing, but it's nice to see greater variation. Your CCCL entry is in my opnion your best entry into anything so far. It's due for you to have a win soon. :P
Your improvements are getting greater and greater.

/wall 'o text. (Sorry!) :dopey:
Hey! I love the longer posts and in depth comments 👍

I do still use Gimp yes. I have been able to use it better now on my new Macbook as it has a much better screen than the PC I used before so I think I can get the colours more accurately edited :) I also realised as you said that my shots used to be too red tone heavy!

:lol: I hope it does get somewhere. I really want a first comp win to add to my PMC tournament win! Thanks for the comment Fishy :cheers:

You have really put the gauntlet down for the competitions and for the DLC shots. Now lets see if I can do the same.

arora
Nice cccl shot 👍

Also liking #4 and #12, the simple compositions that breath much life :lol:
Thank you :) haha yeah indeed :)

matt-mtb
You have really put the gauntlet down for the competitions and for the DLC shots. Now lets see if I can do the same.
I hope it does well! I feel it is one of my best entries yet into a contest. :cheers:

grrlpurple
Great set. Love the mood in that first Golf R shot :)
Thank you :) :cheers:

And it looks like its time for another update finally! Been on holiday and busy revising the past little while, felt a little rusty shooting and editing but I will get back with time :) Just a small set for now, but I have a few more in the pipeline to be up over the next few days so keep tuned!

Thanks to you all for your views and comments, please give criticisms I want to learn what you all like! :)

The King is back...
I meant the Skyline!!

Nice pictures, thanks. And impressive level of detail in the light.

:lol: Thanks :) Yeah I was really surprised by that shot!
Just a note to everyone, these again are for WarriusZero's racing league the Zero cup!

Very nice update there. I'm not a fan of the skyline but that looks nice. Good luck with exams.

Oh an d I hope you had a fab holiday

Last edited:
Great quality Solo!👍
Critisism: mabe juuust a bit too much red/pink tones.:confused:And that's it. But it's more of a like/dislike thing than a real problem or sumn.
Once more - great quality - it's the main thing.

Hope you had a great holiday, it certainly didn't do your GT5 photography any harm, these are all up to the usual Soloracer (high) standard. Fantastic! 👍 :)

Me Gusta the R33 Skyline.
Nice idea with the Light to capture the reflection :)
Thanks, so surprised with that as I said before!

Very nice update there. I'm not a fan of the skyline but that looks nice. Good luck with exams.
Oh an d I hope you had a fab holiday
Hope you had a great holiday, it certainly didn't do your GT5 photography any harm, these are all up to the usual Soloracer (high) standard. Fantastic! 👍 :)
Solo! Great shots bro. Like Nato - I hope you had a great holiday.
Thanks guys :cheers: My holiday was great, the skiing was superb and the snow conditions were almost perfect! Thank you for the praise :)

What colour is that skyline by the way?
Im not sure, I will find out and PM it to you 👍

Loving the first one.
Good work!
SVX
Great update Soloracer!
Awesome gallery !!! :drool::drool::drool:
Amazing shots ! 👍👍👍
Ouaou Evora and Atenza are Brilliant
All the gallery is gorgeous 👍
:cheers:
Thanks everyone 👍 :cheers:

Great quality Solo!👍
Critisism: mabe juuust a bit too much red/pink tones.:confused:And that's it. But it's more of a like/dislike thing than a real problem or sumn.
Once more - great quality - it's the main thing.
Thank you :) Hmm yeah I see what you mean, I always seem to have that problem :lol: I shall work on it for the next set 👍

Fiat 500

Jaguar XK-R

Thanks for looking again everyone :)
These again are shots for the Zero Cup
Please leave C&C
:cheers:

Great shots, but as a set, you might want to vary your angles a bit more. All of them are low. The flare looks good in most. Do you know that when it isn't there, how to get it? I switched to extreme monochomatic and back, so it was gone. But then when I switched back I couldn't get the flare to appear anymore.

WOW them 500 shots are amazing. That bloom effect is effective. BUT, what the hell were you thinking with that Jaguar. Don't ever put spoilers on XKR's, it just ruins the line of the car. Nice pictures but that aero package is hideous.

Great shots, but as a set, you might want to vary your angles a bit more. All of them are low. The flare looks good in most. Do you know that when it isn't there, how to get it? I switched to extreme monochomatic and back, so it was gone. But then when I switched back I couldn't get the flare to appear anymore.
Thanks :) Ah yes! What is happening to me :nervous: My angles used to be adventurous but as you point out here they are so boring! Thank you for pointing that out! No sorry I don't, I only found out about it through Gtuned's guide.

Bravo !
Very nice Jag and Fiat shots :drool:
Lovely tones in the set 👍
Thank you :)

WOW them 500 shots are amazing. That bloom effect is effective. BUT, what the hell were you thinking with that Jaguar. Don't ever put spoilers on XKR's, it just ruins the line of the car. Nice pictures but that aero package is hideous.
:lol: Thanks, The wing set was part of the job brief for Warrius, I quite like it, I really like the Jag race cars. I see where you are coming from though with it, I wish PD gave us some better wings!

I'll echo Sej's comment, Solo, but I say it because I'm just as guilty of sticking to the same basic angles, if not more so. It's hard to argue with low angles - they just make the car look so aggressive and intimidating! Even when it's a little panda-coloured Fiat :P

That said, even if they are all low angles, they're still pulled off very nicely, and I like your use of the flare effect. Great work 👍

Back