#TheCardboardBox Tuning |Touge|Wangan|

Which kinds of setups would you like to see more of from us?

• Purpose built Race-Cars

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • High-Performance Touge (>530PP)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • L.o.t.S. Touge (Class A, B, C)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Wangan

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Track-Ready Street Cars

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nrburgring24ha.jpg

Vantage GT4
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10

GT Auto:
Oil Change : GT Auto Front A

Tale of the Tape:
589PP
740hp/7400rpm | 535ft-lb/6400rpm

1362kg
Model: Premium/DLC
Type: Grip/Track

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
F/C Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Caron Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Racing: Hard - Soft

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st:-- 3.075
2nd:-- 2.060
3rd:-- 1.511
4th:-- 1.199
5th:-- 0.957
6th:-- 0.777
Final: 3.443
Max Speed: 230 MPH
(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)

L.S.D.:
0 - 7
0 - 25
0 - 10

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 12.8/13.0
Damper Extension: 5/5
Damper Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/3
Camber: 2.2/2.7
Tow: -0.11/0.11

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
7 - 6

Ballast:
0kg

Tuned on the Nurburgring for precise handling & grip for track days and GT4 style racing for any type of racer on GTP.

Last edited:
Kickin' it Old School

Working on some old-school cars for the badass drivers out there who got the balls to run massive horsepower without ABS! MUAHAHAHAHAH

Chevrolet Camaro '69
Dodge Challenger '70
Ferrari 512BB
Ford Mustang Mach 1
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '85

Update II:
Request: Shelby GT350R '65
Ferrari F40

Update III:
Progress Report

Last edited:
CircuitdelaSarthe2009.jpg

Solar Crown
Bugatti Veyron 16:4 '09

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
693PP
1256hp/6600rpm | 1063ft-lb/4600rpm
1424kg
Model: Standard

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Racing Exhaust
Transmission: F/C
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Torque Center Differential
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Racing: Hard - Soft

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 4.181
2nd: 3.020
3rd: 2.315
4th: 1.840
5th: 1.501
6th: 1.240
7th: 1.040
Final: 2.370
Max Speed: 236 (260 at top)
(Set Final, Max Speed then Individual Gears)

L.S.D.:
13 - 25
35 - 45
42 - 50

Drivetrain:
25 - 75

Suspension:
Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 17.5/15.5
Damper Extension: 6/7
Damper Compression: 7/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 2.5/2.0
Tow: -0.29/0.20

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
8 - 9

Ballast:
0kg

Notably one of the worst handling cars in all of GT5 i decided to take it on and here is my result. After alot of time spent tuning on custom tracks from the Legend of the Streets: Initial D GT5 Touge racing league and the Nurburgring the Veyron has become more of what it should be.
My best lap at the Nurburgring was 6:05.2xx (August '12) using this setup & a time of 3:03.9xx at Circuit de la Sarthe.

Last edited:
Kickin' it Old School

Working on some old-school cars for the badass drivers out there who got the balls to run massive horsepower without ABS! MUAHAHAHAHAH

Ferrari 512BB
Ford Mustang Mach 1
Chevrolet Camaro '69
Dodge Challenger '70

how about a shelby GT350R 65.. could send a o/o/o to donate to this.

You'll regret that...it's an arse to tune from what I've heard.

yeah, suffers terribly from Skinny Tire Syndrome hahaha! i've never backed from a challenge though, if it turns out good then the community is the winner, not just me 👍

circuitdespafrancorchamrv.jpg

Aventador R-GT
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 '11
Tale of the Tape:
648PP
891hp/9400rpm | 82ft-lb/6400rpm
1276kg

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Torque Center Differential
F/C Suspension
GT Auto Front C
GT Auto Rear C
GT Auto Canards
GT Auto Spoiler B
Tyres: Racing Tyres

Downforce: 5/30

Transmission:
1st: 4.020
2nd: 2.792
3rd: 2.114
4th: 1.669
5th: 1.367
6th: 1.127
7th: 0.934
Final: 3.500
Top Speed: 224
(For Higher speed tracks adjust using Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
Front: 5-17-32
Rear: 10-33-45
Diff: 25-75

Suspension:
Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 14.2/15.2
Damper Extension: 7/7
Damper Compression: 6/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 2.5/2.5
Tow: -0.15/-0.06

Brakes: 9/7

Tuned for GT tracks such as Spa, Monza & Nurburgring GP the Aventador R-GT is a true machine and has the handling to match it. With around 900Bhp it will without a doubt monster its way through the pack to shows whos the boss.

try this tune around spa,the nurburgring and suzuka and this tune turned this car into a completey different monster.the acceleration,the grip is in a higher level and this thing is faster around the nurburgring gp then the 458 italia and that car is rwd.but it still understeery

Last edited:
Ok, I'm making good progress with the "Old School" setlist of cars and i felt there was something missing amongst them... a Lamborghini Countach!

But... I'm having a tough time deciding whether i should do a setup of the LP400 or the 25th anniversary edition. The LP is far lighter than the '25th' which has nearly 80hp more than the stock LP. I'm gearing more towards using the 25th anniversary Countach because of the power.

Since the car will be running ZERO ABS, the lighter weight might seem ideal but that's not always the case when the car's suspension isn't as responsive. That being said, i haven't driven either of these two machines yet.. what does the community think? comments?

SolidSnake7735
Ok, I'm making good progress with the "Old School" setlist of cars and i felt there was something missing amongst them... a Lamborghini Countach!

But... I'm having a tough time deciding whether i should do a setup of the LP400 or the 25th anniversary edition. The LP is far lighter than the '25th' which has nearly 80hp more than the stock LP. I'm gearing more towards using the 25th anniversary Countach because of the power.

Since the car will be running ZERO ABS, the lighter weight might seem ideal but that's not always the case when the car's suspension isn't as responsive. That being said, i haven't driven either of these two machines yet.. what does the community think? comments?

I think the countach 25th anniversary,I know it going to be harder to brake but the extra power make it faster in a straight line

I just restored my Countach 25th to 0/0/0 with the special coupon since it had over 50k miles!!! gonna be adding this beauty to the Old School setlist

for the record.. after i release this set of cars next week i will be adding more cars that i feel belong in that list as time goes by. also i'll be taking suggestions etc.

If only people would review my tunes, what a happy boy i'd be :D

I just restored my Countach 25th to 0/0/0 with the special coupon since it had over 50k miles!!! gonna be adding this beauty to the Old School setlist

for the record.. after i release this set of cars next week i will be adding more cars that i feel belong in that list as time goes by. also i'll be taking suggestions etc.

If only people would review my tunes, what a happy boy i'd be :D

You know..you could have just won it...

Ermm...updating your R33 which we beat on Route X? :lol: Don't talk about SSR7, nothing noteworthy happened. :lol:

Oh alright! I'm on it, ok? :P

You know..you could have just won it...

Ermm...updating your R33 which we beat on Route X? :lol: Don't talk about SSR7, nothing noteworthy happened. :lol:

Oh alright! I'm on it, ok? :P

hahaha SSRX races were intense!!
I haven't updated it yet but i'll get around to it this week.
and how could i have won the Countach? i remember having won the LP400 but not the 25th Anniversary.

hahaha SSRX races were intense!!
I haven't updated it yet but i'll get around to it this week.
and how could i have won the Countach? i remember having won the LP400 but not the 25th Anniversary.

B-spec Lamborghini exclusive Event.

o rly? damn so i wasted that special ticket :indiff:
being as we were only given 5...

oh well.. im running the Countach right now.. this thing is fun but fights back every turn. this will be an interesting car to set up

Hi Shadow, just wanted to check, for the Lambo Aventador tune you have:

L.S.D.:

Is the 5 on front and 10 on rear braking sensitivity or initial torque?
Sorry for simple question, sounds like it should be the braking but looks like the initial torque.

Hi Shadow, just wanted to check, for the Lambo Aventador tune you have:

L.S.D.:

Is the 5 on front and 10 on rear braking sensitivity or initial torque?
Sorry for simple question, sounds like it should be the braking but looks like the initial torque.

Hi this is how it would look in game
Front - Rear
5 - 10
17 - 33
32 - 45​

Made some changes to the setting of this and the front spring rate....
Front - Rear
5 - 10
6 - 17
32 - 45​

Front Spring Rate: 12.7

Last edited:
Thanks Shadow, interesting tune on the LSD, managed a low 2:09 round spa, will get into 2:08's or 2:07's with a bit of practice, nice one 👍

6773630717_5d8b135ba9.jpg

Honda S2000 '06
Duct-Tape Master

GT Auto:
Paint: GT Polarized 005-P or Monte Carlo Blue Pearl (Honda)
Wheels: Enkei JS+M, Gold Chrome
Aero: Front Type A, Wing Type B
Engine Overhaul/Chassis Restoration
738.9 Miles​

6773627321_d3958539ce_b.jpg

The stakes are always high on the touge. But, even more so when the challenge is that of the Duct-Tape deathmatch!! Being as we don't all have the privilege to duct-tape our hand to the wheel, you can still enjoy unrivaled handling and style in this S2K. Honda has created what I believe to be the best 6-speed transmission in existence and it shines in this setup coupled with the musical harmony that is a high-revving VTEC engine redlining at 9000PRMs. Stiff springs and modest dampening keep the car hugging the road at all times. The nearly-fully locked LSD set with low initial torque assure that you will always have the power on tap. Coast through corners or power your way through! What better way to enjoy the winding mountain roads of Toscana(Tarmac) tracks and the Nurburgring than in an All-Motor, 357hp 2-seater?

I don't know.. you tell me.

NOTE:
The LSD settings are set for running with ABS OFF. If you find braking into turns difficult with ABS ON, change the LSD settings to 5/55/5

Last edited:
6773630697_8b1cf9839f.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M SCP '99
The Black Mamba II

GT Auto:
Paint: Abyss
Wheels: VOLK Rays TE37, Gun Gray Pearl (M)
Aero: Front Type A
Engine Overhaul/Chassis Restoration
589.1 Miles​

AYC: 64

6773627631_816513ac3f_b.jpg

First thing's first. Lan Evos aren't for everybody. Particularly because many are not fans of the AYC and how it handles. The understeer, the feeling of the front tires having no traction at all.. just a few of the complaints of Lan Evos. This car is no exception to those qualms. BUT... if you ARE an experienced Lan Evo driver and aren't the type to opt out of AYC in exchange for the LSD then this car is for you! Mild AYC settings coupled with the ridiculous acceleration of the 4G63's backfire system make for one insane ride into, through, and out of the corners. As the headline in the OP says, "The only things you can trust on the Asphalt are your driving technique and the car you're holding onto", you must remember that you're driving a Lancer and you must handle it like a Lancer. Not like a GT-R, not like a Subie, not like an Audi. Keep these things in mind and you will become one with the car. You too will be able to have the agility and explosiveness of The Black Mamba.

Last edited:
Updated the shared car's list.. If you want to try out some of our vehicles in their original form, straight from the source, send me a PSN friend request. If I have room on my buddy list I'll accept you. Please leave comments or reviews on our cars, it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, guess I have some new cars to try now. I probably won't be liking the Evo right from the start, but might get used to it later on. About the S2k, I'll probably like it. It will be a blast to use a 500pp S2k again. ( haven't used one since my first Pre-Season car )

Err…one thing mate. It's only slight, but you could make the AYC setting a little more obvious to the eye, it took me a good few minutes to find that it was written in the parts list. :lol:

TokyoR246.jpg

XKR 'Black Pack' Edition
Jaguar XKR Coupe '10

GT Auto:
Colours: Midnight Black, Porcelain, Kyanite Blue Metallic & British Racing Green : GT Auto Front A

Tale of the Tape:
528PP
537hp/6000rpm | 542ft-lb/2500rpm
1753kg
Model: Premium
Type: Street (Replica Tune)

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 1
Supercharger
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Sports: Soft

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.718
2nd: 2.343
3rd: 1.525
4th: 1.142
5th: 0.873
6th: 0.697
Final: 3.450
Max Speed: 230Mph
(Set Max Speed, Individual Gears then Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
Stock

Drivetrain:
30 - 70

Suspension:
Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 5.4/4.5
Damper Extension: 5/5
Damper Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/5
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Tow: 0.00/0.20

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
6 - 5

Ballast:
124kg at +/-0

This is not an all out racing/track car and has been made as close to real life setup of the 'Black Pack' Edition of the Jaguar XKR. I have followed details as close as i could to the real life specifications of the car.

Last edited:
Just a question. Will we see a NA1 NSX tuned for the Touge? I really like the NSX but for some reason, I prefer the NA1 over the NA2 on the looks department.

EigerNordwandShortTrack.jpg

Raptor NA1
Honda NSX S Zero '99

GT Auto:
Oil Change : Chassis Restore : GT Auto Wing B

Tale of the Tape:
500PP
349hp/7500rpm | 267ft-lb/5900rpm
1117kg
Model: Standard
Type: Touge

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Air Filter
Sports Exhaust
Transmission: 6 Speed Close Ratio
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C L.S.D
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Sports: Hard

Power Limiter:
99.3%

Transmission:
6 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
0 - 9
0 - 47
0 - 13

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 10.0/12.0
Damper Extension: 6/4
Damper Compression: 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/3
Camber: 2.2/2.0
Tow: -0.10/0.33

Downforce
F - 0 : R - 17

Brakes:
7 - 8

Ballast:
0kg

Based closely around Solid's 'POSEDION' setup The Raptor NA1 can perform just like the younger NA2 model. With its 5-Speed Transmission and lower power output its not as fast as the NA2, But its traction makes up for this.
I posted a 2:43.153 at Legend of the Streets: Initial D GT5 Touge Serre Da Freita circuit.

Last edited:
Err…one thing mate. It's only slight, but you could make the AYC setting a little more obvious to the eye, it took me a good few minutes to find that it was written in the parts list. :lol:

fixed

i hadn't figured into putting an AYC section into the setting sheet being as very few cars actually use this feature.

Back