Timing System Flawed

Maybe a short description of this launch technique should be added to dr_slump's Drag Bible? Maybe its not needed, but I would have had no clue about doing this untill I saw the video I posted which was in the supra times thread, or someone straight up told me to do it.
Should I? Hmm.....

That isn't a glitch, it's realistic. Real life drag racers have all kinds of devices they use to help them get the launch RPM right, but we don't have any of those so we have to do it the old fashioned way.

So I am sure many people are excited about the new Speed test where you can time your runs and compare them to your friends. I was excited as well until I found rather annoying glitch that can shave up to .050 off your time. I found this out when running my Aventador. I was getting consistent 8.955's but found out that if you don't rev your car, wait just enough and mash the gas right before you go, you can significantly reduce your time. I was able to get a 8.912 doing this. You want to time your engine so you are in your powerband as you launch, hard to get right, but very rewarding. This kinda defeats the whole purpose of the timing system as it is supposed to see who has the fastest tunes, not who can time the engine the best.

The only way around this is to somehow prove you kept the car at full throttle before the 3...2...1...START countdown, quite difficult....

:nervous:

Dragracers never launch they're car at redline for a couple of reasons. The first which you have mentioned: the powerband. The is for ever car an optimum spot on they're torque curve for maximum power. This is often not at the red line.

The second is to find the perfect amount of revs to launch so as to not spin the tires, or to maintain maximum grip. Again redlining the car will just result in wheel smoke.

I realize that as a DS3 user you just have a button to work with but there is also too the analog stick to. Try a different amount of revs each time and find your best take off.

This technique has been there since the beginning.

I figured it out in GT4 and have used it ever since.
And I've used it to break some old GT3 , GT2 and GT1 records.

MadMax

it doesnt matter anyways the whole timing thing is wrong all around....once we get a new update hopefully they will figure this out.. for example... i bought a new enzo for the heck of it cause i wanted a white with red wheels one :) broke it in put a completely new tune on it and first run was a 9.005... now i go in an tight the susp up a bit and do my second run i out launch my ghost car and put about a car length at he 1/4 mark and went a 9.055 then looked at my time my 0-60 was faster my 0-100 was faster but yet my 1/4 wasnt and i beat my ghost run of 9.005 by a complete car... ive only tested 2 cars on the time thing it was adventador when it first came out i did a auto tune and ran 8.930 and posted it online then played with the enzo and seen that i dont waste my time now... and anyways the top times are all within a thousandth of a sec so reaction is the real key once again...

Dizzle I haven't experience what you are talking about, all I can say is that I can run any of my cars and get very close to the same results each and every time.

Dizzle I haven't experience what you are talking about, all I can say is that I can run any of my cars and get very close to the same results each and every time.

I agree with that...

It's not a glitch or a flaw, what you're trying to do by not hitting the throttle from the start is achieve a launch at the optimum RPM. But, I do have to say it's quite annoying this system. Having to restart countless times until you get that optimum launch.

It is what it is.

This.

MadMax

And this.

I used to do the 400 & 1000mtr on GT1 and GT2 and then post our best times to a leaderboard.

Best example I could find where I'm listed:

Allow time for the page to load:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040602173621/http://www.racing-line.org/courseselect.php?SelectedGame=GT2&SelectedCourse=34

It's certainly not a glitch, it's part of the game, and your launch technique is the key to success in serious competition . Many hours alone is spent on setting up the perfect launch. More hours than I care to think about to be honest. :crazy: :yuck:

This.

MadMax

And this.

I used to do the 400 & 1000mtr on GT1 and GT2 and then post our best times to a leaderboard.

Best example I could find where I'm listed:

Allow time for the page to load:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040602173621/http://www.racing-line.org/courseselect.php?SelectedGame=GT2&SelectedCourse=34

It's certainly not a glitch, it's part of the game, and your launch technique is the key to success in serious competition . Many hours alone is spent on setting up the perfect launch. More hours than I care to think about to be honest. :crazy: :yuck:

Thanks for the link Sphinx. 👍

I couldn't resist from taking a shot at those 1000m times :sly:

This sort of old record data is hard to come by nowadays.

MadMax

Back