GT4 Weekly Arcade Time Trial Challenge

• Thread starter shotamagee
  • 265 comments
I did not save a replay, sorry. But I know, I was shocked more than anyone else that I managed to keep my cars maneuvering through the track aggressively. Just all of that rallying practice from the events sure made a difference in my driving skill, shall I say. You can delete my time by permission.

No worries from me Crooooooow, I just wanted to see how it was done. :boggled:
Rallying has never been my forte, and especially not under last-minute pressure!!! :dopey:
You should always keep your replays though, it's a requirement of post #1 of this thread, and of OLR rules that we're supposed to be adhering to.
I tend to hang on to them for at least a week or 2, so bear that in mind for future rounds as next time (if there is one) we won't be inclined to be so lenient. ;)

Trust me, I never usually win which sends and stores a message in my brain that I do not need to save a replay. But after this win, I will delete that message and save all my future replays.

It's all good. After watching holl01's grand canyon liscence test run I was like, what? So that time that you did could probably have another 2 seconds off of it lol.

Ok, Crooooooow has asked to remove his time.
So now I'll ask Bopop4, if I can see a replay (or something) for either of his runs. ((Pref Lancer) as I spent a fair bit of time practicing with it to get within a second of my WRX time) yet you've still done me by over a second, would love to see where you found the extra time.

Would you like the replay with or without the steering indicator?
I'll try to film it and upload it to YouTube at school, will be from a camcorder though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfPtNOJGBRk&context=C3d4cf1fADOEgsToPDskKJMTSNWeWS5dPMJBz7djYn

Oh no, I tapped the wall after the chicane. :banghead:
I don't know hat I was thinking, that turn is flat-out.

If this replay is just to see how I did it then it should be fine right?
It probably added 2 tenths to my time too.'

Last edited:
Would you like the replay with or without the steering indicator?
I'll try to film it and upload it to YouTube at school, will be from a camcorder though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfPtNOJGBRk&context=C3d4cf1fADOEgsToPDskKJMTSNWeWS5dPMJBz7djYn

Oh no, I tapped the wall after the chicane. :banghead:
I don't know hat I was thinking, that turn is flat-out.

If this replay is just to see how I did it then it should be fine right?
It probably added 2 tenths to my time too.'

Wow, that was very impressive.
Unfortunately nudging the wall no matter how lightly does disqualify a time, as per the rules set out in post No.1. Can you please double check that your time in the WRX is within the rules/track boundaries, (no need for additional replay (unless you want to), I'll take you word for it, I've now seen that you're pretty speedy).

Consider this to be an official reminder to everyone, this competition is being run under the OLR rules (with particular emphasis on section 16), and I expect all competitors to stick to them.

Last edited:
Yeah, as soon as I saw the lap I knew that it would probably be taken away. Guess I just forgot about the lap since I was busy with the Wrx. Sorry for posting an illegitimate time everyone, it will not happen again. I checked the Wrx lap and it is clean.

Last edited:
Unlucky Bopop4. :(
I'd prefer to win by skill rather than default, but sometimes them's the breaks.
I guess it'll serve as a welcome reminder to anyone that competes that "OLR rules" mean "OLR rules' and laps must be 100% clean to those rules and any extras imposed by the organiser. I'm always careful to race that way, and ever since I used to compete in the odd GT4 WRS series it's become a way of life. 👍
It's worth checking your replay before you submit a time, rather than afterwards.
I can post my videos if anyone needs them, but I haven't filmed them as yet, so let me know if they'll be required before I make the effort.

Anyway, hope you and Crooooooow aren't too disheartened by this and will look upon it as a learning experience and come back faster and stronger than ever. :nervous:

On to round 12! 👍 Some great car / track combos you've compiled for these shotamagee, keep up the great work!
ten-on-ten.gif

Anyway, hope you and Crooooooow aren't too disheartened by this and will look upon it as a learning experience and come back faster and stronger than ever. :nervous:

]

Lol, I checked my replay this week almost a dozen times because I thought that I had jumped a kerb. Then I realized that there were leaves over it, disguising the kerb as dirt.

I'll add to the part about shotagamee Doing a fantastic job with this series, the car/track combos are fun and have a different challenge to them each week. 👍

Hommell: 1'29.830
MR-S: 1'17.764

:nervous::indiff:*twitch* *twitch*

Great lap Smallhorses, ( I have to stop posting my times in advance ), did you also find that shifting a couple of hundred Rpm sooner gave faster times?

Edit: Ignore that last part, lol.

Last edited:
Apologies for being late, but I'm feeling a little poorly at the moment and haven't organized next weeks challenge, so I'm going to extend this round for one more week.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope that you're feeling better soon!

Edit: Hommell 1'29.745

Last edited:
Ok here are the results for week12.

GT4 Weekly Arcade Time Trial Challenge: Week 12

Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe ’99 & Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S (JGTC) ’00 @ Autumn Ring

Position - Driver – Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe ’99 - Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S (JGTC) ’00 - Bonus - Final Standing

1 - Bopop4____ – 1:29.745 – 1:17.764 – Yes– 1:28.745
2 - Smallhorses – 1:29.815 – 1:17.672 – Yes – 1:28.815
3 - Shotamagee – 1:30.298 – 1:18.453 – Yes – 1:29.298
4 - Thc118____ – 1:31.727 – 1:18.482 – Yes – 1:30.727

Congratulations to Bopop4, and thanks to everyone who took part, now on to week 13.

GT4 Weekly Arcade Time Trial Challenge: Week 13
gran-turismo-4.jpg

This week’s challenge is;

RR Road Car Week.
Last week was MR week, and so now to ensure each drivetrain in GT4 has been covered, this week will pit two RR cars against one another. You’re primary car will be the light and nimble Alpine A110 1600S ’73. As no RR week could be complete without testing your ability behind the wheel of a Porsche 911 your secondary car will be the RUF RGT ’00. Let’s see how well you can utilize the natural RR traction characteristics both these cars possess to navigate the twisty Cote d’Azur race track.

Track: Cote d’Azur

Primary Car: Alpine A110 1600S ‘73
Transmission: Either
Driving Aids: Off
Tyres: S2 (Sports Medium)
Quicktune: None (Stock)

Optional Bonus Car: RUF RGT ’00
Transmission: Either
Driving Aids: Off
Tyres: S2 (Sports Medium)
Quicktune: None (Stock)
Optional bonus Car Time: For this week, you need your time in the RUF to be quicker than the Alpine by 10 seconds to get a 1.000 second bonus.

My Times (so Far)
Alpine A110 1600S ‘73: 1:55.581
RUF RGT ’00: 1:43.650

These are the specs the cars should have on the track menu screen just before you start driving;
Alpine A110 1600S ‘73: HP-138 KG-715 Tyres-SM
RUF RGT ’00: HP-379 KG-1330 Tyres-SM

You have until Tuesday 14th February 2012 1:00 PM GMT to post your best time(s) in this thread (you can edit/improve them if you wish). All other rules are as per post No1.

Good Luck.

Week 13 Results

Last edited:
Nice challenge, I was thinking that it would be about time for an RR race.
As much as I love Monaco this is going to be a nightmare with all of the barriers.
:)

Edit: Wow! That is Alpine is a fun car to drive! The Ruf understeers horribly though, completely the opposite of what I thought it was going to be like.

Last edited:
Nice challenge, I was thinking that it would be about time for an RR race.
As much as I love Monaco this is going to be a nightmare with all of the barriers.
:)

Edit: Wow! That is Alpine is a fun car to drive! The Ruf understeers horribly though, completely the opposite of what I thought it was going to be like.

Yeah that's why I made the Alpine the primary and the RUF the secondary car, with what I hope is a pretty conservative bonus time as well.

EDIT: I guess that means you've driven the cars but not posted times, which I can understand, so would competitors rather submit via PM?

Well the last time I posted my results Smallhorses nipped me by a hair, so I know that I shouldn't do that again. I'm fine with posting the results on the page, it's fun to see them all come in during the morning, like seeing if your quailifying time will stick.

I also tried Monaco with the Yellowbird, that car should have been the secondary. It's not that I think that your choice was bad ( a good contrast between over and understeer). It's just that the Yellowbird is wild, try it. It'll make you get up on the wheel :mischievous:

I still think that you're doing a great job with the comp!👍 Can't wait to see what the next challenge is.

And then I made you try that teensy bit harder until you beat me! :mischievous:
The Hommell was a bugger to get right through those first turns, but it felt great when you got it right! This week I've almost zero time to compete, away from home at a meeting tonight & tomorrow, and a leaving party on Saturday, so I anticipate a hungover attempt on Sunday, not to mention trying to get a Chappy 2D to cooperate and a Plymouth 'Cuda to behave for other series too!
Then again as a 911 driver, I love a bit of RR so I'm definitely going to make time for this! :)

Alpine A110 1600S ‘73: 1'53.367
RUF RGT ’00: 1'41.969

Last edited:
Last place is getting rather cozy,
I think I'll stay put for another week.

Alpine A110 1600S ‘73: 1'57.501
RUF RGT ’00: 1'46.998

I wonders if Smallhorses posted his real time or if he ran 3 laps, set a time, and then ran another 50 so that I won't know what to beat. :)

I wonders if Smallhorses posted his real time or if he ran 3 laps, set a time, and then ran another 50 so that I won't know what to beat. :)

I ran about an hour last night and posted my fastest clean laptime, as I knew you weren't going to post anything until I got a time up! I usually don't get a chance to run these challenges until the Monday night before the deadline due to other commitments, but I made an effort last night!
Not had chance to run the RUF yet, should get some more time before deadline though.
Where are you up to then? ;)

Should. Not. Post.:nervous:
But I must for the sake of the competition.

1'52.191 Alpine
1'42.036 Ruf

I feel like I may have to post a replay for this one.

Edit: I guess a have a free turn to prod you for times in a future comp now. :)

Last edited:
1'53.058 Alpine
1'42.765 Ruf

:eek: That's scary quick!
I was looking to break into the 1'53s and would be happy with that, but almost another full second to find now? I can't see me doing that somehow! Great laps! :bowdown:
I'd definitely be getting your replays ready, as I'd love to learn how it's done! 👍

Wow, thanks!
I'll probably film the Alpine in the next day or two. I want time to try to shave off that last little bit and break into the 42s.

Hello everyone, haven't played GT4 for a long time so I could join you if you don't mind.

I really can't suit my driving style to the A110. I need to watch your replay to get things going. The RUF is fine, I can shave at least .300 of my time on that one if I try.

Alpine 1'54.692
Ruf 1'42.052

^ It's always great to have more competitors!

That's a fast Ruf time though, I may want to see it at the end of the comp. (Not for legibility but just to see how you made it handle like a car and not the bus that it is now.

Alpine A110 1600S ‘73: 1'53.367

Well, guess that i'm going to have to break into the 42s now.:scared:

Not a problem, but I got to do it again to make a replay, haven't saved anything. That shouldn't be a problem though. Will work on the A110 time surely, it's frustrating.

Back