400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Planning a trip to Germany in the near future. Hoping to rent a BMW and spend a day at the ring. Should I pick you up on the way? I do hold a national racing licence in the U.S. which just means that I'm crazy enough not to be bothered by a little lawn mowing in the Bimmer if a couple of wheels happen to leave the track.

And yes of course :dopey: I live in Boos, Eifel its really next door

💡
I think one could "Train" for driving some sections of the Ring using GT5.

I suspect PD is one of the best at replicating real world tracks for SIM setups.
Perhaps even those used by professionals.:cool:

Motor City Hami
Planning a trip to Germany in the near future. Hoping to rent a BMW and spend a day at the ring. Should I pick you up on the way? I do hold a national racing licence in the U.S. which just means that I'm crazy enough not to be bothered by a little lawn mowing in the Bimmer if a couple of wheels happen to leave the track.

Have I raced against you at Mid-Ohio, or Road America? I retired from that kind of racing about 10 years ago.

Will be happy to meet you if you want, my girlfriend knows a great place u can rent here for a week or more, or just a few days, it is really cheap ( she told me cause my parents will come here aswell) So if you are really intrested i can give you telephone numbers and so on or even call for you and let you know what.
Thanks for the offer. I doubt I will be planning anything soon though. We just bought a house so traveling abroad is out of the cards until our finances settle down again.

The problem with a little lawn mowing at Nurburgring is that just about any contact with the grass is shortly followed by contact with the Armco. There are only a few turns that have sufficient run off to allow for mistakes. I read an interesting site a few weeks ago that covers all the basics of traveling to the track. Basically you should expect to be slower than the locals in hot hatches until you've put numerous laps in.

there are three different sets of physics, possibly more. Offline, private lobby, public lobby and I'm lead to believe there is a difference between 'free-run' and actual racing too)
3 yes, 4 maybe, but not as you described.
1) Offline - no tire wear
2) Online - no tire wear
3) Online - with tire wear
4)? Offline - with tire wear (the endurance races only, may be the same as online with tire wear)

Not different...

1) Private vs Public - This is a myth, mostly created by the tire wear bug that has since been resolved. For some time, the first track loaded would prevent tires from heating up. You could race an endurance on blue tires. Cold tires obviously messed with the physics but once you changed the track in a private lobby it would usually resolve itself.

2) Free run vs Race - This is another myth, mostly created by the lag issues people have been experiencing since the game was released. When more cars are on your screen there is a framerate or timer issue that causes some cars to understeer and others to oversteer, mostly because you are running in slow motion while attempting to steer and drive in real time.

I had suspected a "timing" issue might have had something to do with performance differences.:ouch:

I've installed tunes in my on-line lobby, only to join a friend’s room and have the car feel totally different.:odd::mad:

So perhaps the best place to tune is the room you will actually be racing:confused:

Very frustrating, perhaps making some feel they are worse driver than they actually are.:banghead:

Have I raced against you at Mid-Ohio, or Road America? I retired from that kind of racing about 10 years ago.

I started in 2004 in a Honda Civic in Improved Touring C. Then built a Spec Miata in 2008. Mid Ohio is one of my favorite tracks. What did you race?

Between the tire settings, grip settings, cold tire bug, and timing bug, it doesn't surprise me that people have a hard time tuning for online.

Motor City Hami
I started in 2004 in a Honda Civic in Improved Touring C. Then built a Spec Miata in 2008. Mid Ohio is one of my favorite tracks. What did you race?

Mainly my '68 AMC Javelin in the Vintage Trans-Am series. Gave it up after 5+ years to start a family. Ran one SCCA race. Very fun :D

Second round will be top 10 tuners, every tester that's willing and able.
420PP, 1000KG minimum, free ballast, 0.0% power limiter.

I'll make a more fancy-pants version for the OP shortly. :)

2001 Acura Integra Type R

columbiatrip7hr1.jpg

Sports Exhaust
99.1% Power Limiter
193HP / 1197KG / 400PP / CS Tires

No aero

Transmission:
Final drive to 3.000
Top Speed to 149mph

LSD: 7 / 14 / 5

Suspension:
+40 / -5
11.9 / 5.1
5 / 4
4 / 5
3 / 2

Camber/Toe:
1.6 / 0.0
-0.20 / -0.25

BB: 3/6
ABS: 1

Last edited:
Second round will be top 10 tuners, every tester that's willing and able.
420PP, 1000KG minimum, free ballast, 0.0% power limiter.

I'll make a more fancy-pants version for the OP shortly. :)
That's 1,000kg minimum weight? Also what tires?

That's 1,000kg minimum weight? Also what tires?

Round 2

Top 10 tuner entries, any drivers

All rules same as the first round, except as follows:
PP limit will be 420PP
All entries must weigh 1000KG's or more.
The use of power limiter is not allowed at all.
Ballast is free to be added as pleased.
No car from the top 10 in the first round can be entered into the second round, all entries must be with different cars, car boundaries are the same as round 1. No concepts, RM's, race cars, rally cars allowed.
Tires are the same. Everything not listed here, is the same as round 1.

Tires are the same. Everything not listed here, is the same as round 1.

I, in all likelyhood, will not make it to the second round, but how much time are the top ten tuners aloud to find and tune a new car? Fun shootout so far by the way 👍

Nissan 280Z '78

169 Horsepower
1043 Kilograms
400 Performance Points

Ride Height: -2 / 20
Spring Rate: 7.1 / 6.7
Extension: 7 / 7
Compression: 4 / 4
Anti-roll: 3 / 3
Camber: -2.8 / -2.3
Toe: 0.05 / -0.09

Differential: 45, 36, 36.
Aerodynamics: 0 / 5
Brakes: 8 / 6
Ballast: 0 (0)
Engine: 99.1%

1st: 2.230
2nd: 1.670
3rd: 1.258
4th: 1.020
5th: 0.822
6th: 0.696
Final: 4.160
Max: ???km/h
  • Champoinship White paint
  • Rear Wing Type C
  • increased rigidity
  • window weight reduction
  • weight reduction stage 3
  • Engine tuning stage 1
  • sports intake manifold
  • sports air filter
  • sports exhaust manifold
  • twin clutch
  • semi racing flywheel
  • Carbon shaft
  • full custom transmission
  • full custom differential
  • full custom suspension
  • comfort soft tyres

This is my entry. Car is on share. You will need to turn ABS to ON if you use it. (until I get on PS3 again and add it on to the car myself) Enjoy.

I, in all likelyhood, will not make it to the second round, but how much time are the top ten tuners aloud to find and tune a new car? Fun shootout so far by the way 👍
TBD. I'm thinking a week though, either 1-2 weeks for testing, probably 1 though.

This is my entry. Car is on share. You will need to turn ABS to ON if you use it. (until I get on PS3 again and add it on to the car myself) Enjoy.
I need you to add my FR.
Updated link.

one last question. Top ten per group, or top five per group to make it ten? If you just take the top ten overall, some may find that unfair if there car was not tested by all testers. Just something to think about. :D

one last question. Top ten per group, or top five per group to make it ten? If you just take the top ten overall, some may find that unfair if there car was not tested by all testers. Just something to think about. :D
Top 5 of each group, I should have been more specific. 👍
Of course, if all testers drive all the cars, it'll be straight fastest 10, we'll see when we have all the results. 👍

If the 2nd round is on the ring, ill join as tester again for sure! :D
Should bring a new dimension to the shootout! :P

And from what i seen, results will vary a lot from the different testers, it will be hard to say wich cars will be faster overall until the deadline when will start posting the results.

I will create a post with the entire countdown from 1st to last.

So far all cars are under 8:35.000 👍

If the 2nd round is on the ring, ill join as tester again for sure! :D
Should bring a new dimension to the shootout! :P

And from what i seen, results will vary a lot from the different testers, it will be hard to say wich cars will be faster overall until the deadline when will start posting the results.

I will create a post with the entire countdown from 1st to last.

So far all cars are under 8:35.000 👍

Even the mini-van? Wow!!! Driving GOD!!!! :bowdown::bowdown:

it is not. only V8 vantage / stratos / viper acr... What is your car??

Not GTP_CSL, CSLACR ;)

It's a Merc 190E, and mine is, of course, the white Integra. :)

I'm breaking ground tonight, btw. Not many, but enough to get started before it starts getting late. :)

And there I tought I was doing "OK"..

Ok that´s it I give up on GT, ill stick to PC MMORPGS , any one want my copy of GT? OR do I just throw it away ? :grumpy:

My best time is way off what people are saying they turned, but you know what? I love this game :D. I will never be the fastest, but driving other tunes and other cars is what makes this great. If I were to take any tuner here's car I WILL be slower then them. Does that mean I cant enjoy it? NO!!! Noone will judge your times as long as you drive them all, and give back some feed back. And of course my number one rule HAVE FUN!!!! So get back to work and test these awesome cars :dopey:

Ok that´s it I give up on GT, ill stick to PC MMORPGS , any one want my copy of GT? OR do I just throw it away ? :grumpy:

Mike is, pretty much, par-for-par with as fast as people get, at least on the Ring, though I suspect everywhere if he puts laps in. ;)
We're talking fast fast, fast here, to be within even 10-15 seconds means you're doing very well,

goldian

I felt bad on the first Shootout I entered. Then I walked away with a few tuned cars that are still the fastest I own for that PP. I learnt a little about tuning too.

As the seventh fastest test driver in Wallbanger's 500pp FF Challenge, i would say, "Stick with it."

You only get better by doing. Just do your best.

@Goldian remember Mike is a Nordschleife master who's probably put more miles in around the ring than the rest of us combined barring praiano who loves the ring and tests most of his tunes there. Don't feel bad that some of the top drivers around here are quite a bit faster than you when they've spent so much time on this track in the last year+.

I was feeling great when I got my fully tuned Copen around the ring in under 8 minutes so I started my Ring Masters challenge Thread. CSLACR and praiano in very short order were running their own Copens around the ring in 7:20 or so.:drool:

Still love the challenge of the track and I'm slowly getting better but will never be able to come close to the times these "Aliens" can get.

Enjoy driving the cars and improving your driving and maybe one day soon you'll be another one of those alien drivers guys like krenkme and myself chase.:D:cheers:👍👍

I felt bad on the first Shootout I entered. Then I walked away with a few tuned cars that are still the fastest I own for that PP. I learnt a little about tuning too.

As the seventh fastest test driver in Wallbanger's 500pp FF Challenge, i would say, "Stick with it."

You only get better by doing. Just do your best.

…Of the 7 testers. :P

Anyway, don't throw in the towel just yet, at least you can manage a fast lap of the ring without crashing. :lol:

Back