Clueless Tunes - Cleaning up (Nov. 23rd)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 3,040 comments
(applause) i would like to thank the academy...wait wrong place.(boo birds) My request is gonna be a difficult one for you and that despicable parrot of yours. How about an Alpine A310.

(applause) i would like to thank the academy...wait wrong place.(boo birds) My request is gonna be a difficult one for you and that despicable parrot of yours. How about an Alpine A310.

For you, you bet. Great reading in the Tuner wars 👍 I do hope you keep up the great writing. I really, REALLY enjoyed reading it. 👍👍👍👍:bowdown:

Now as for the Alpine. Full tune, or pp level, or tire resrictions?

oh, and someone wants to say hi...

parrot3.png

:dopey:

Last edited:
:scared::scared:GOOD GOD!(Dives behind couch) I'VE GOT A PLATE OF GRITS AND CORN BREAD WAITING FOR YOU, YOU ABOMINABLE BESTIE!
(stands up, tidies self up:sly:)
Now then, lets go with SH tires and 500pp (or as close too but not over) as possible, and handling sorted enough that even one of my buffoons could drive it;). Good luck!:cheers:

:scared::scared:GOOD GOD!(Dives behind couch) I'VE GOT A PLATE OF GRITS AND CORN BREAD WAITING FOR YOU, YOU ABOMINABLE BESTIE!
(stands up, tidies self up:sly:)
Now then, lets go with SH tires and 500pp (or as close too but not over) as possible, and handling sorted enough that even one of my buffoons could drive it;). Good luck!:cheers:

I'll give it my best. I've got a few tunes to polish up and post, but yours will be next after that :dopey:

Good deal. this ride is gonna tie into my next piece:sly:.

Alpine A3110? I've got one tuned for 450PP, I think. Drives quite nicely provided you remember to keep some degree of throttle on at all times. Up for another fight, Krenkme? <--- my phone is learning your username! :dopey:

I could get close to 500pp by putting on a ironing board on the back :yuck: 450pp seems to be a good option. Would that be okay?

Alpine A3110? I've got one tuned for 450PP, I think. Drives quite nicely provided you remember to keep some degree of throttle on at all times. Up for another fight, Krenkme? <--- my phone is learning your username! :dopey:

:lol: I'm not sure that's good :lol:

Well, I always seem to lose (Pandas, Trucks, Alfas :ill: ), but... lets see what comes of the CotW. But I will for sure be building this car, so feel free to start and we'll see what happens :dopey:

Well i have been looking for a 400pp to replace my awful '91 miata. That wouldn't water it down too much would it?

At 400pp you might not get all the car has to offer, but It is very doable <---- not sure that's a word. :dunce:
I'll have to check with the bird. :lol:

i do have a totally untouched one i could send you at some point in the next couple days

I only have the one, and to take it down to 400pp I would have to limit the power, and I HATE doing that.

So really, it is your request. 450pp is the best option for this car (just because I don't like the rear wing). Close to 500pp, like you first said will give you better handling. And 400pp I'd need a new car :dopey:. Your choice. I'm happy to do which ever you'd like.... have i told you how great your "reviews" were for the tuner wars? I'm going back now to read them again before I go to bed. Great Job 👍

The date was January 2nd, 2012. Final score Oregon 45 - Wisconsin 38. One happy Outlaw, one depressed Idiot.

Now we never made an official bet, but I did tell Mr. Wallbanger that, if the Badgers were to lose, I would tune a...Ford. :grumpy:. So I picked one that I don't mind looking at, painted it in Oregon Duck colors, and set off to tune it. And here it is.

Ford Mustang "Duck" 1 '71

sangalganoabbeyq.jpg

sangalganoabbey2.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

380bhp
500pp
516 ft. lb. @3500 RPM of torque
weight 1640 Kg

parts

Auto
Change oil
Paint - Grabber Green Metallic(a)
Rear Aero B
weight Reduction
None
Engine
Stock
Intake
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Stock
Turbo
Supercharger
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Soft (S3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune
Rear Aero - 20
Weight Adjustment - 25 @ 50
LSD- 9/12/10

GearingIn this order please
Top Speed - 118
Final - 2.625
1st - 2.864
2nd - 2.119
3rd - 1.635
4th - 1.280
5th - 1.040

Ride Hight - Front: -12 Rear: 0
Spring Rate- Front: 7.2 Rear: 8.0
Extention- Front: 7 Rear: 3
Compression- Front: 4 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 1
Camber- Front: 1.8 Rear: 2.2
Toe Angle- Front: -0.15 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 4

NOTES -
One of the most easy cars to drive. Peak torque comes at a weird point so manual transmission may work better, but I'm too old to find out for sure.

Well Mr. Wallbanger, I hope you enjoy your Ford :yuck:, and I'll get you next time :dopey:

kyotogionh.jpg

A Badger driving a Duck :lol:

*Car will be sent to you shortly*
-Edit - *Sent it*

Last edited:
Thanks for the "Duck"!👍👍

Hopefully its fast enough to keep outrunning those badgers.:lol::lol:

What's wrong with Fords? I've never got this joke…is it just an American thing like STi vs Evo?
It's called brand loyalty. Some guys are Mopar fans and hate Fords and GMs, others go the other way. Some of us though enjoy great cars regardless of manufacturer.👍👍

Onboy123
What's wrong with Fords? I've never got this joke&hellip;is it just an American thing like STi vs Evo?

XDesperado67
It's called brand loyalty. Some guys are Mopar fans and hate Fords and GMs, others go the other way. Some of us though enjoy great cars regardless of manufacturer.👍👍

For me it is a personal thing. Long story short, I was in the back seat of a Ford when my two friends were in the front. Driver lost control, flipped the car crushing the passengers neck paralyzing him. He won a law suit against Ford for "bad safety design " in the amount of 15 million dollars and he was the best man in my wedding.

Oh and there UGLY!!!

So that's why for me. :dopey:

For me it is a personal thing. Long story short, I was in the back seat of a Ford when my two friends were in the front. Driver lost control, flipped the car crushing the passengers neck paralyzing him. He won a law suit against Ford for "bad safety design " in the amount of 15 million dollars and he was the best man in my wedding.

Oh and there UGLY!!!

So that's why for me. :dopey:

For real? :lol:

Ugly? Oh rly?

Ford_GT_485d2f7397bd3.jpg

:P

Onboy123
Doesn't matter. It's a Ford, it's a proper looker, you are wrong. :P

And the GT40 was hardly ugly a car either. :P

Meh. If you like that thing it's fine. But don't forget the Pinto, Maverick, Taurus, Raptor, ect. :P

Meh. If you like that thing it's fine. But don't forget the Pinto, Maverick, Taurus, Raptor, ect. :P
At least they corrected those mistakes fairly quickly unlike the eternity of hell Chrysler subjected us to with the K car...:drool:

Odd how Chrysler spent 50years doing their best to kill off Plymouth the only division that showed real creativity then when they succeeded only survived because they managed to allow some real designer to restile the trucks and produce a couple cars like the 300 and the Charger. They even tried to screw up with the Charger dragging their feet on giving us the 2door Challenger.:odd:

Then again not every company can produce a rolling piece of Art Deco like the Edsel...:crazy::lol:

Compared to what? The Dodge Charger which is…enormous and slow for a car with a 7 litre V8, that weird one with the pinched nose and all that, vs Ford and the Model A, the Model B and that lot, which were the home to all the hot rod boys.

Anyway, enough of this petty bickering, I'm ready when you are with the Alalalalalalalpines.

Onboy123
Compared to what? The Dodge Charger which is&#133;enormous and slow for a car with a 7 litre V8, that weird one with the pinched nose and all that, vs Ford and the Model A, the Model B and that lot, which were the home to all the hot rod boys.

Anyway, enough of this petty bickering, I'm ready when you are with the Alalalalalalalpines.

Agreed. I have my personal reasons for not liking Ford much, and I find most of them ugly, but that's my opinion. The "Duck" 1 looks good though.

My 450pp Alpine is ready, but I'm not. Will not be able to get back on the PS3 for quite some time. I'll let you know when though. :dopey:

You know what they say about men that drive big cars :sly:
Big gas bill :dopey:

FORD- Fixed Or Repaired Daily
FORD- Found On Road Dead

If it going to be American Muscle it had to be MOPAR...that is all!

Okay, double post on purpose. (Might be triple ).
We all know by now why I dislike Ford, but to each there own. It has a lasting effect on me and calling them ugly (they are) was to have fun with it.
Dodge (Mopar) > anything :dopey:

That said, new tune soon (while I sit through ballet ).

While trying to find what everyone likes here at GTP, I found that the NSX has a love/hate thing going on. So to find out what all this is about, I searched my garage and found a Yellow pancake sitting in the corner gathering dust. Polished it up, put some parts on it, and set to the track. This is what I came up with.

Honda NSX '90 "Lemon"

tokyor246w.jpg

specialstageroute5fs.jpg

Found in the Used Car Dealership

412bhp
500pp
291 ft. lb. @6300 RPM of torque
weight 1275 Kg

parts

Auto
Engine Overhaul
Paint - Indy Yellow Pearl
weight Reduction
Stage 1
Window
Engine
Stage 2
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
None
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Soft (S3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune
Weight Adjustment - 43 @ -50
LSD- 9/12/10

Top Speed - 211
Final - 4.062
1st - 2.765
2nd - 1.798
3rd - 1.332
4th - 1.051
5th - 0.854

Ride Hight - Front: -5 Rear: 0
Spring Rate- Front: 5.5 Rear: 6.2
Extention- Front: 7 Rear: 7
Compression- Front: 6 Rear: 8
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 3
Camber- Front: 1.8 Rear: 2.2
Toe Angle- Front: -0.13 Rear: 0.08
Brakes- Front: 5 Rear: 6

NOTES -
It is easy to drive, but is it worth all the hype?... maybe. I enjoyed my time in the car, and if you need a out there NSX tune, this could be the one... I'm just unsure what all the buzz is about :lol: :dopey:

So Clueless Tunes made it over 100 tunes, and for that we asked someone for a request. A timid man, seeming to suffer from Ornithophobia, asked if we could tune a Rustbucket French Beauty. The Alpine A310. So we accepted comandorando87s request (who also was brave enough to drive the "Black Widow" at the Tuner Wars , and is a GREAT wrighter). So here it is, the Clueless Tunes:

Alpine A310 1600VE '73 "rouillé"

kartspace.jpg

nrburgringgpd2.jpg

Found in the Used Car Dealership

243bhp
450pp
189 ft. lb. @6400 RPM of torque
weight 910 Kg

parts

Auto
Engine Overhaul
Paint - Raven Black Pearl Effect
weight Reduction
stage 3
Window
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
None
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Tested an tuned on Sport Hard.
Run on Sport Soft (S3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune
Weight Adjustment: 83 @ -50
LSD- 12/18/10

Top Speed - 112
Final - 2.150
1st - 4.125
2nd - 3.215
3rd - 2.600
4th - 2.105
5th - 1.716
6th - 1.502

Ride Hight - Front: -20 Rear: -10
Spring Rate- Front: 6.4 Rear: 7.5
Extention- Front: 8 Rear: 3
Compression- Front: 5 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 1
Camber- Front: 1.8 Rear: 2.3
Toe Angle- Front: -0.16 Rear: 0.08
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 2

TUNER NOTES -
This car does have six gears, but sixth is more of an "Overdrive" gear. Most of the time you will never use it, unless you run on long straights. Other then that, a very easy drive, great for first time drivers of a Rear engine car. :dopey:

nrburgringgpdu.jpg

*Car is on share*

Last edited:
Back