◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
On that last race man, Doughboy was reeling me in, one more lap and I would have been in a race again. I wonder what times he was clearing.

Umm... In related news, I've decided to change the name of our league.. It's pretty clear that not all of us are "intermediate-level" racers (see above post) so I'm changing the "I" in S.N.A.I.L. to mean "interactive" instead of "intermediate". The fact of the matter is, we were never all intermediate-level racers to begin with. We got CYBORG NINJA'D from the start..

Some pretty nice footage there. Quick question, how did you get a hold of my family home video? My father, 0110, usually has it under lock and key. He's always been afraid our talents would be used inappropriately. As you see above...he was right. :mischievous:

What you aren't seeing in the video is my distant relative bowler creeping through the ventilation shaft tipping me off to these goons location

Last edited:
Dirty mentioned a time for the NSX a few pages ago so I wanted to update with my hot lap so far. I ran two 3 lap trials. Top time for the first was 2'00.164 while the second heat had a best time of 1'59.904. The car has 429 PP and is silver in color. :D

With a good 10-12 minuntes and the car broke in I think the 57's are a real possibility.

And I thought my 2:04.0 was decent for once :scared:

Umm... In related news, I've decided to change the name of our league.. It's pretty clear that not all of us are "intermediate-level" racers (see above post) so I'm changing the "I" in S.N.A.I.L. to mean "interactive" instead of "intermediate". The fact of the matter is, we were never all intermediate-level racers to begin with. We got CYBORG NINJA'D from the start..

All in favour of diabolic having to install extra ballast to make us mere mortals actually be able to still see his car after lap 1? :lol:

I hope to grab poll but don't be surprised if another cyborg takes it. My least favorite courses are the two road courses which led to me never practicing. Here I will be trialing for poll position.

Prepare yourself: HSR is another track where I complain about the automatic transmission costing me races. :lol:

also. have too attend silent auction this friday evening so I won't be hosting. I'll be online late just for practice. if you see me feel free to pop in. I use either the d1 lounge or zeros just so the connection its consistent with the races. :)

Just want to give a sincere "Thank You!" to Zero5ive for maintaining this very organized thread. It's easy to get to, easy to find information on what I want to see. Also for letting it evolve in name, and regulations. Just a joy to be a part of the S.N.A.I.L League.

i removed links to snail & a dirty shuffle room I take part in as well as a quote from top gear.

and yes, i race utilizing an automatic transmission. it cost me a few tenths here and there since i can't short shift but the real killer is long straights were I can lose the opportunity to draft pass. Its a choice though and I make do.

zero, the schedule for this week still has the spirit on indy road course :nervous: please no more!

Last edited:
Ran some practice at Tokyo. It took me a half a lap to remember why I don't ever drive the Acura NSX. It took me two laps to remember why I don't like Tokyo reverse. It took me three laps to get into the 1'59's. Now I'll have my bSpec team break in the car for me and I should be good to go.

i removed links to snail & a dirty shuffle room I take part in as well as a quote from top gear.

zero, the schedule for this week still has the spirit on indy road course :nervous: please no more!

oops! my bad, it was late and I was tired lol. The line-up has been corrected.

btw diabolic and Rally, you guys like my new sig??? :D

imtolegittoquit

I got a bunch of PSN's last night but i'm sure not all of them.

Thanks for searching us out! Since you already added my PSN account last night, you can skip directly to the Step 3 of the instructions listed at the bottom of the original post.

btw, of all the open lobby practice sessions we've ever had, I believe you're the first "random" that we've recruited to join the league! (Shout out to Dirty and his TNT!!)

Just want to give a sincere "Thank You!" to Zero5ive for maintaining this very organized thread. It's easy to get to, easy to find information on what I want to see. Also for letting it evolve in name, and regulations. Just a joy to be a part of the S.N.A.I.L League.
Word!
Zero, thet sig is stylin. I should link it too.
BTW, for the race tonight, I've got an idea for after the practice session. IDK if you guys have tried it or heard about it, but I played a game just now called cat and mouse. Its played at the ring, or on extremely long custom tracks. There are as many teams of two as you can make, with the possible odd man out being the wild car. One driver of the team drives something very very slow,in this scenario I'll use a Fiat 500, the other team member drives a super car. The goal of the game is to get you teams slow car across the finish line first. All cars have free reign to do whatever, no holds barred style race to the finish. So the super car driver can push his team mate, or speed up/back track to start taking out the other teams 500. Whatever. The wild car is a race car, something faster then the pack, of course, now that guy takes out or helps anyone he wants. When the race is over, the winner driving the 500 get the wild car, the wild car driver, then takes his place on his team, and everyone switchs there car, from fast to slow, or slow to fast.

Let me tell you, this is intense. I mean, it really got my adrenaline going. If not tonight, it is something we should do on one of the off night practices. Pure. Adrenaline.

Thanks for searching us out! Since you already added my PSN account last night, you can skip directly to the Step 3 of the instructions listed at the bottom of the original post.

btw, of all the open lobby practice sessions we've ever had, I believe you're the first "random" that we've recruited to join the league! (Shout out to Dirty and his TNT!!)

i did that earlier today and i'll talk to my guys about joining too. I was scared at first because I started doing laps to break in the car and was running 1:04's with the NSX.

Then I realised I was still on sports hards lol. I've only got about 10 laps in and i'm running low 1:58's. I've still got a few HP to gain with breaking in though so I should be at high 1:57's.

I'm not sure where that puts me in the group performance wise though. I know I have to start in group 2 so it reall doesn't matter yet.

I played a game just now called cat and mouse. Its played at the ring, or on extremely long custom tracks...

that was a race type in PGR 3 and 4. We did it a lot in forza 3 as well, but we would use smal cars and SUV's lol. It is really fun. Nothing made you sweat like driving a factory MR2 and having an 800HP dodge ram coming after you.

I would make an excellent driver of the mouse car. When I run dirty shuffle, I'm stellar at eluding potential accidents.

On second thought...I'm also great at exacting revenge. the first person who takes me out doesn't get to finish the race most times. Probably the reason I'm still at God status in Motorstorm after thousands of races. :D

(yes, i pimped my Motor storm creds)

ps: Hammer, if you're running 1'58s in a lobby/lounge and not offline...we'll see you in D1 shortly.

Last edited:
Word!
Zero, thet sig is stylin. I should link it too.
BTW, for the race tonight, I've got an idea for after the practice session. IDK if you guys have tried it or heard about it, but I played a game just now called cat and mouse. Its played at the ring, or on extremely long custom tracks. There are as many teams of two as you can make, with the possible odd man out being the wild car. One driver of the team drives something very very slow,in this scenario I'll use a Fiat 500, the other team member drives a super car. The goal of the game is to get you teams slow car across the finish line first. All cars have free reign to do whatever, no holds barred style race to the finish. So the super car driver can push his team mate, or speed up/back track to start taking out the other teams 500. Whatever. The wild car is a race car, something faster then the pack, of course, now that guy takes out or helps anyone he wants. When the race is over, the winner driving the 500 get the wild car, the wild car driver, then takes his place on his team, and everyone switchs there car, from fast to slow, or slow to fast.

Let me tell you, this is intense. I mean, it really got my adrenaline going. If not tonight, it is something we should do on one of the off night practices. Pure. Adrenaline.

That sounds intense and hilarious at the same time! We have to try it!! Since you know all the rules, would you be willing to host a weekly Cat & Mouse night? If you're interested, check out this post for the tentative league schedule. Dirty said that he was going to continue to host TNT (Tuesday Night Terror) each week, so that would leave Monday, Thursday, and Saturday as the remaining available nights. Do any of those nights work for you? You don't have to host it every week if you don't want to, but it's probably best to at least have a designated night so that all of the snails interested in joining can have something to plan their schedules around. 👍

Last edited:
I would make an excellent driver of the mouse car. When I run dirty shuffle, I'm stellar at eluding potential accidents.

On second thought...I'm also great at exacting revenge. the first person who takes me out doesn't get to finish the race most times. Probably the reason I'm still at God status in Motorstorm after thousands of races. :D

(yes, i pimped my Motor storm creds)

ps: Hammer, if you're running 1'58s in a lobby/lounge and not offline...we'll see you in D1 shortly.

I tend to be a little faster in a lobby because of drafting and what not. I could run consistent mid 1:58s, the high 1:57 would be at the very top of my ability

p.s. call me legit

Thanks for the TNT shout out zer0! I will definitely keep hosting TNT as the turn out was good IMO. Don't know how it was after I had to go but it was fun to me.

P.s. where's badger? Lol

Thanks for the TNT shout out zer0! I will definitely keep hosting TNT as the turn out was good IMO. Don't know how it was after I had to go but it was fun to me.

Yeah, the turnout was definitely solid. As we recruit more guys (Legit for example), the turnout will only get better. Btw, can you give me a brief description of the TNT's will look like? Practice? Shuffle? Random? Winner Picks? I'll update the schedule with whatever you say (you can change it any time)

P.s. where's badger? Lol

badger is a ninja.. silent, but deadly.. waitinnnggg..for...his....mo..mennnt... toooooo....STRIKE!! :lol:

Mayham Mondays it is! We can flesh out the details in game, but the only real requirement is the mouse car all be the same.

Diabolic Friday

March 30, 2012

LOW BOOST EVENTS ]
(driving aids off accept ABS)

25 laps: Special Stage Route 5
400PP FR Drivetrain Only
Sport Hard
TUNING PROHIBITED
low boost / heavy damage

8 laps: Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
500PP
Sport Soft
TUNING PROHIBITED
low boost / heavy damage

The Classics:
Playful Art in Motion

Lobby vote length: Nürburgring typeV
400PP Pre 1980
Sports Hard
TUNING ALLOWED
PAINTING YOUR CAR A GAUDY COLOR IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!
low boost / light damage

Update: A question was asked to me about tuning. The amount of engine limiting is not regulated, but if the lobby has a problem with cars for any race, I will ask those drivers to switch. Basically, if you think folks MAY not like you're car, chose something else to start. Boost is on, so car choice should have little importance.

Also: No Race Modified cars are allowed. Likewise in the first race, no tuner cars are permitted. If it has logos, decals or a body kit of any kind that isn't stock, assume its not welcome. :cheers:

Last edited:
Back