Tuner Wars by Harvey Wallbanger (First 2 battles joined 12/6/11)

Oh noes!! Roj is here!! He has seen the plans for the Alalalaalalalalalalapine!!! NUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dopey:

I'm staying out of the Rustpine crap. Enjoy catching whatever disease that car has. :P

I'm staying out of the Rustpine crap. Enjoy catching whatever disease that car has. :P

Thank god it's not a mandatory challenge then. Eh, I've been too healthy, I want some rust disease to put me out of business for a bit to let the pressure and heat die down. :P

Thank god it's not a mandatory challenge then. Eh, I've been too healthy, I want some rust disease to put me out of business for a bit to let the pressure and heat die down. :P

Mandatory or not, I can still say no. :P

You mean, it's so ugly it's...beautiful?! :dopey:
You mean like my pug? :lol: (Pug as in the dog, not a peugeot)

~Turtle
turtle.gif

I tuned my eighty-six SS for 450PP at Trial Mtn. It has a mid rpm turbo, 5kgs ballast and is setup for grippy hot lapping on SH tires. Its my contribution for COTW if anyone wants to try it is on share or just ask me for the settings to build your own. :sly:

Edit: GRRRR! I meant to stick this in the garage thread, Meh... on second thought I guess its fine here.

Last edited:
Man I can't believe people actually took my challenges seriously! Guess this means I need to actually make a tune for them:nervous::dopey:

Last edited:
Okay the AE86 SS '00 maxes out at 482PP. Do we want to go with that or set a slightly lower PP?

Also it definitely can use dirt and snow tires so make sure your tune can handle Eiger Nordwand.:crazy::D

Okay the AE86 SS '00 maxes out at 482PP. Do we want to go with that or set a slightly lower PP?

Also it definitely can use dirt and snow tires so make sure your tune can handle Eiger Nordwand.:crazy::D
I believe it also has the same 466pp by either installing the high rpm turbo or stage 3 engine tuning so that would give two tuning options.

Being forced to drive a rwd around GT5s version of rally... well, thats just cruel and unusual punishment.... Thanks Harvey:sly:

I believe it also has the same 466pp by either installing the high rpm turbo or stage 3 engine tuning so that would give two tuning options.

Being forced to drive a rwd around GT5s version of rally... well, thats just cruel and unusual punishment.... Thanks Harvey:sly:
Actually stage 3 engine tuning only makes 456PP I believe, system is off for the night now.:confused:

I know only power upgrade options are stage 3 engine tuning, titanium racing exhaust, and either the mid or high rpm turbos.

Hey I just went off what wikipedia said about the AE86 being a favorite for Rally racing, especially in Ireland.:crazy::lol:

I don't mind it.

From the bumper camera. :dopey:
As I'd say in real life in an overly sarcastic tone: Cleverrr.:sly:
You know it sort of looks like a turtle...just saying...:lol::lol::lol:
No. Not at all. I don't see a turtle in it at all. You need glasses. Or maybe I'm just in denial. Probably the latter, but I seriously don't see any turtle.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

So with me not able to get a car ready, does that mean the Outlaws have to beat up on each other? :dopey:
Naw I think I've got Roj doing the CotW.:D

Now if I can get anything like reasonable handling out of it I'll be happy...currently think the '83 is a much better car and that neither really ends up getting the kind of performance they should.

Right now my '83 is down 9PP, 30HP and weighs 11kg more than the '00 but its over a second faster on Trial Mountain.:odd:

They are equipped as close to identical as I can make them so its really strange that the '83 is that much faster. Top speed for both is right around 130mph on TM and I'm doubtful that the extra 26ft-lb of torque for the '83 is making that much difference.:drool:

Thinking I'll take a break since I don't seem to be making much progress at the moment.

So for the first time I can't take a beating by the hands of the Outlaws, you go and get one of the most respected tuners here a GTP? That makes me feel good and bad at the same time :dopey:

So for the first time I can't take a beating by the hands of the Outlaws, you go and get one of the most respected tuners here a GTP? That makes me feel good and bad at the same time :dopey:
Seems the AE86 SS Ver. '00 battle didn't come off.:(

I'm currently tuning my 450PP "Purple People Eater" to take on your Alpine krenkme.:D

Lord have mercy on the poor fool that test drives this beast!:bowdown::crazy::gtpflag:

XDesperado67
Seems the AE86 SS Ver. '00 battle didn't come off.:(

I'm currently tuning my 450PP "Purple People Eater" to take on your Alpine krenkme.:D

Lord have mercy on the poor fool that test drives this beast!:bowdown::crazy::gtpflag:

Sorry it never turned out :(. I wish I was home to tune one myself.

I fell in love with the Alpine, and it seems others have as well (THANK YOU Camandorando). So if this is the next fight... bring it!!! :dopey:

Sorry it never turned out :(. I wish I was home to tune one myself.

I fell in love with the Alpine, and it seems others have as well (THANK YOU Camandorando). So if this is the next fight... bring it!!! :dopey:

Currently attempting to get my "Purple People Eater" around Trial Mountain in a reasonable time. If I can get it to stay settled when making quick transitions it should be a lot of fun...as long as you like drifting/power sliding through the turns.:lol:

Very doubtful I'll be able to turn it into a true grip tune without sticking a wing on it but letting the rear slip out a bit and then powering through the turn is a blast for me.:crazy::D

It's turning into one of those cars where coming off throttle/braking is the wrong thing to do 90% of the time, instead you need to hang on and gun it!:odd::scared::gtpflag:

Oh and I just got a message from Turismo.M.G! so be on the lookout for something interesting in the next hour or two.:sly:...New Car of the Week thread is up and I picked something with a little more performance than we've been seeing.:D Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro '07.:D

Last edited:
So, I do hope the Alpine battle works out (I may have a chance 👍 ), but all I hear from the garage down the street is how much they enjoy "eating fried perrot" or how "those idiots are clueless". So when Harvey said I could choose the next battle place and resrictions, well I went "Clueless" :dopey:

Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07, as much HP/PP/weight as you like, the only restiction is the car has to run on Sport Soft tires, and the course will be :D.....Autumn Ring MINI!!!

Short course and tight corners. So maybe a maxed out car might not work for you... maybe it will. Lets see :dopey:

oh and feel free to use setting 2 for high speed ring :dopey:

*Theo, DaDog, help would be greatly accepted. :D

EDIT - NO REAR WING!!!!! :yuck:

Last edited:
Hmm not the courses I would have chosen to give the TT a workout but sounds good.👍👍

By the way I've now gotten my "Purple People Eater" down to mid 1:38 on Trial Mountain and still have a bit to go before I'm happy with the tune.:crazy::D

Made an adjustment to the ride height and found a lot better control of the weight transfer under quick direction changes. Was having an issue before where when at speed the car wanted to transfer all the weight to the front inside corner when making quick transitions and then wouldn't shift the weight back fast enough causing the front end to either over rotate or else refuse to turn back. Also didn't help the rear ends tendency to want to break free.:nervous:

Anyways have no idea where commandorando plans on taking these but figure if it works well on Trial Mountain and Deep Forest it should do okay most places.:drool:

Edit: Was that no rear wing for the Alpine or the TT? Cause I'll fight to keep the wing on my TT car looks totally wicked right now.:crazy:

Hmm not the courses I would have chosen to give the TT a workout but sounds good.👍👍

By the way I've now gotten my "Purple People Eater" down to mid 1:38 on Trial Mountain and still have a bit to go before I'm happy with the tune.:crazy::D

Made an adjustment to the ride height and found a lot better control of the weight transfer under quick direction changes. Was having an issue before where when at speed the car wanted to transfer all the weight to the front inside corner when making quick transitions and then wouldn't shift the weight back fast enough causing the front end to either over rotate or else refuse to turn back. Also didn't help the rear ends tendency to want to break free.:nervous:

Anyways have no idea where commandorando plans on taking these but figure if it works well on Trial Mountain and Deep Forest it should do okay most places.:drool:

Edit: Was that no rear wing for the Alpine or the TT? Cause I'll fight to keep the wing on my TT car looks totally wicked right now.:crazy:

Well, no one said I made any sence :D. If this track (A.R.M) is not okay with everyone from the Cafe, maybe Deep Forest then?

I must have hit it just right with the Alpine (for my driving). Just lucky I guess. :dopey:

The Wing was for the TT. (I think it looks... :ill: ), but if you must, that's fine 👍

Ok so what is it ?

Audi TT coupe 3.2 quattro '07

on deep forest

Sport softs

( and the ugly ricer wing is optional right ? )

Back