◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,851 comments
Plus, my team won so... it's a great clip! :sly:
:rolleyes:

Not from last night, but I do have a reply from Friday night. I am planning to embed a clip of it in the Cat & Mouse rules because I think it provides a great visual explanation of what Cat & Mouse is all about.
Thats an idea. Might cut down on the many explanations we gotta do throughout the night.

I was also thinking that people hosting the events they run in their lobbies might be a good idea, after some of the hijinks that went down with randoms jumping in a ruin an event. The only issue I foresee with this is that everyone is going to need to add whom ever is hosting to their FL.

Will be nice to see a video of the Cat & Mouse.

I think I understand but wanna see it in action.

Okay, I'll post a quicky camera version on youtube. I'll do a video capture later (I have to go buy the capture card first).

Everything but Sunday nights will just be in public rooms?

I think cat and mouse nights should be in lounges also. To avoid unknowns from entering and ruining it

All of the non-league nights are held in the open lobby in order to help recruit for the league. For example, Legit only joined us because he stumbled across up in the open lobby. We could always hold events in my lounge since everyone in the league has access to it, but we'd never gain new members like Legit.

I joined by stumbling into a room Friday or Saturday night. :) I saw the name of the room "S.N.A.I.L. xxxxxxxxxxxx" and figured they probably race clean and hope they don't mind some random joining in.

If I hadn't gotten punted at Laguna in the race before, I wouldn't have left that room to find the SNAIL room.

@Zer0

Don't go buy a capture card on my account.

I joined by stumbling into a room Friday or Saturday night. :) I saw the name of the room "S.N.A.I.L. xxxxxxxxxxxx" and figured they probably race clean and hope they don't mind some random joining in.

If I hadn't gotten punted at Laguna in the race before, I wouldn't have left that room to find the SNAIL room.

That's right.. Infinital is another member that found us through the open lobby. The only reason I didn't mention him before is because he at least knew about GTPlanet beforehand..

@Zer0

Don't go buy a capture card on my account.

I was planning to anyways in order to post cool videos our our league races. But don't worry, I'll post the Cat & Mouse clip just using a digital camera. The quality won't be great, but it'll be good enough for viewers to see what's going on.

I think cat and mouse nights should be in lounges also. To avoid unknowns from entering and ruining it

This is why I have started adding you guys on the friend list since that's the only way you can race in someones lounge, isn't it?

Let me know if you need anything specific. If I have extras I'll send them.

Same goes for any other S.N.A.I.L. too!

Thank you for the offer, and I might take you up on it, but I'm not sure yet. I just need to see what's available then consider getting the colors by either buying the cars for the desired colors, or but the DLC paint chips or work out some arrangement for trade.

I was planning to anyways in order to post cool videos our our league races. But don't worry, I'll post the Cat & Mouse clip just using a digital camera. The quality won't be great, but it'll be good enough for viewers to see what's going on.

Zer0, I have an Haupagge DVR I can capture HD video with. Let me know if there's anything you want recorded and posted.

Thank you for the offer, and I might take you up on it, but I'm not sure yet. I just need to see what's available then consider getting the colors by either buying the cars for the desired colors, or but the DLC paint chips or work out some arrangement for trade.

No worries, if I have a duplicate chip, it's all good. If it's the only one I have, trades would be welcome :)

Oh yeah, and by your sig Sharkie, are you a Mass Effect fan?

This is why I have started adding you guys on the friend list since that's the only way you can race in someones lounge, isn't it?

Feel free to add any snails that you'd race with outside of S.N.A.I.L. events, but I wouldn't recommend adding everyone just "because".. Any league event can always take place in my lounge if necessary, because everyone in the league has access to it. However, as I mentioned above, I believe holding league events in the open lobby helps us find new members who might not know about GTPlanet.

The more friends you have on your friends list, the more likely you are to lag and get booted from rooms. I've experienced this firsthand. I started adding a bunch of PSN friends via PS3trophies.org trophy boosting threads, but I start started to lag like crazy and get disconnected all the time, especially when playing GT5. Then I read somewhere that too many PSN friends might be the cause so I deleted everyone I didn't actually game with anymore, and that instantly cured all of my lag issues.

The problem with too many friends is that the PSN has to keep track of each and every one of them for you. For example, when they log on, what they're playing, when they log off etc. All this data it has to track only multiplies with each friend on your list. Therefore, more and more of your bandwidth is taken up and the result is lag. 👎

While we're on the subject, I might as well remind everyone to please clear your system cache and then reboot your PS3 before joining up.. especially on Sunday's league nights when getting disconnected is a much bigger deal since points are recorded and your finishing position would likely take a hit..

Last edited:
I've been doing the paint scheme too. Usually do white on white. But since our last race I've been painting my cars grey with gunmetal wheels. I'll be using yellow wheels now :)

Me and puddin_head were wondering how many snails drifted as we love to do some drifting. Maybe it's something we can do one night? It's fun to us to just drift and bs it up on the mic. Of there's a way to calculate points somehow that would be something I'd do on TNT.

I make a good cat. Not that I'm invincible, but I'm confident I'll shake whomever comes up. However, I'm much better as the mouse. when i was pushing we were so far ahead that multiple waves of cats came after us. As the mouse, we were not able to get as big a lead which put a smaller target on our back. hence we won both those.

did that make sense? pretty useless info but i just love talking about it. Such a great game.

I hear ya.

I feel like I make a better mouse, as well, because I know the 'ring very well.

On the other hand, my cat skills need improvement because I'm more comfortable at lower PPs, and I've yet to figure out the best way to pit those dastardly nimble and stable little cars.

Whatever the reason, though, we did make one hell of a team in C&M, though we didn't win as many as I think it looked like we did...we just led most of a lot of those races.

I've got dibs on some kind of green for my S.N.A.I.L. cars. ;)

Zer0, I have an Haupagge DVR I can capture HD video with. Let me know if there's anything you want recorded and posted.

Wow, from the research I've done, the Haupagge is the big kid on the block. I was considering getting it, but then I read that it actually doesn't record in HD. In fact, there's no device at all that can record HD from the PS3.. Something about Sony blocking that capability to prevent HD content from being duplicated and/or pirated?

Wow, from the research I've done, the Haupagge is the big kid on the block. I was considering getting it, but then I read that it actually doesn't record in HD. In fact, there's no device at all that can record HD from the PS3.. Something about Sony blocking that capability to prevent HD content from being duplicated and/or pirated?

If you use HDMI then no, but if you use Component :) This is the DVR Haupagge from a few years ago, not a capture card.

Here's my Youtube account, http://www.youtube.com/kcheeb

Most of the videos are from F1 2010, it gives you an idea of the quality I can get.

EDIT: Remembering it's Youtube so the vid is downscaled. Viewed as recorded, it's like being in game.

The person who brought this series to my attention is GTP: irmopars or on PSN: Mighty_mopar, but I don't think he's part of the series, yet.

Well im here :) And I would like to join up aswell. Sharkie and I bought the cars and were testing them out last night putting some miles on 'em.

PSN: Mighty_mopar (underscore)

Looking forward to racing with you all tonight. I believe Rally had said we would be in the lowest Div room, will there be room #'s posted, ect, or how does that work.

1 million dollar car eh? :drool:

Cya on track tonight!

Welcome to the league mopar! As far as a league event night like tonight (TNT) I'll be posting a room # around 8. The Sunday races are where it counts for divisional purposes and you'll get a friend request on psn so you'll be able to join the lounge you're suppose to be in.

Yeah, you will start in division 2. top three finishers for the night move up to division 1. The room we use is Zeros lounge. Im sure if I havent been ninja'd yet, he will be sending you an invite shortly.

Me and puddin_head were wondering how many snails drifted as we love to do some drifting. Maybe it's something we can do one night? It's fun to us to just drift and bs it up on the mic. Of there's a way to calculate points somehow that would be something I'd do on TNT.

Im a big drifter. That was my first online experience. I've had the game since release, and only start doing actual racing events online maybe two months before finding this league. And this will be my one month coming up next sunday with the league. All the rest of the time, I've been doing free runs and drifting.
I think getting a bunch of us drifters from the league would be rad, I love tandem drifting, and definitely would enjoy having some regular partners to do it with.

I've been doing the paint scheme too. Usually do white on white. But since our last race I've been painting my cars grey with gunmetal wheels. I'll be using yellow wheels now :)

I like to drift when i've had enough regular racing, I'm decent style wise but suck at points drifting. I can always use more practice if you get something started.

I just started drifting but still suck at it. I can gold all of the seasonals but am not very consistent.

I'll join you sometime if you promise not to boot me when I ram you due to my incompetence.

That's good to hear guys! I'm no pro but I feel like I'm ok for the short time I've been doing it. I'm drifting right now, trying a new car, the LFA. Y'all want to drift?

If you use HDMI then no, but if you use Component :) This is the DVR Haupagge from a few years ago, not a capture card.

Ahh, now I remember.. I was looking for an HDMI capture device, but one doesn't exist because that reason I mentioned earlier.

Here's my Youtube account, http://www.youtube.com/kcheeb

Most of the videos are from F1 2010, it gives you an idea of the quality I can get.

That's some good looking video! I'm guessing you're a Ferrari fan?

Ahh, now I remember.. I was looking for an HDMI capture device, but one doesn't exist because that reason I mentioned earlier.

Yeah, I got burned on a Black Magic recording device last year. Didn't read the fine print. I saw it had an HDMI in and out and assumed you could record from it ...

That's some good looking video! I'm guessing you're a Ferrari fan?

This was my introduction to GT Planet. It was a series that ran a while back and when I joined that was one of the teams left, so I took it :indiff:

Well im here :) And I would like to join up aswell. Sharkie and I bought the cars and were testing them out last night putting some miles on 'em.

PSN: Mighty_mopar (underscore)

Welcome to the league, we're glad to have you! I just tried sending you a friend request, but you've reached the maximum number of friends! You might want to take a look at this post. :sly:
Looking forward to racing with you all tonight. I believe Rally had said we would be in the lowest Div room, will there be room #'s posted, ect, or how does that work.

Yes, both you and sharkie will start in Division2, which means you'll both need to join my lounge on Sunday night by 9pm CST with your cars ready to go. We only post open lobby room numbers on non-league nights, which means any day other than Sunday night.
1 million dollar car eh? :drool:

Yup, just let me know what you want! You're officially the first prize recipient of the S.N.A.I.L. referral program! :lol:

Back