*EASY* things for PD to implement in GT5

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 550 comments
:lol:

Either way, I actually like the more stiffer camera.

After playing GT4 and GT5 and then going back to GT3, you always get the feeling that the car is turning a lot more than intended, so in a sense, the more dynamic camera is disorientating.

Also:

- Wet Toscana (tarmac). I already exists in the rally special events.

Makes you wonder why PD decided to make wet versions of certain tracks unavailable in Practice mode when they are already modelled in the game.

:lol:

Either way, I actually like the more stiffer camera.

After playing GT4 and GT5 and then going back to GT3, you always get the feeling that the car is turning a lot more than intended, so in a sense, the more dynamic camera is disorientating.

GT2 had 2 chase cams one close 1 far away.I like the current cam in gt5.the cam that came with 2.03? that was "glitching" was good enough and it should have been the 2nd chase with the current chase cam being the first.Chase cam prior to 2.03 was wayy too stiff.I was watching some older videos of a an m3 going around nurb then I went around nurb in a m3 and I thought the track was bumpier but it was really just the cam isnt as stuck to the car as it was at first.
Wiith the 2 chase cam option add a dynamic cam.Like the one where you move the whole cam around the car .. while driving.Wanted that since .. gt3

They will not change too much, probably they considering that GT5 commercial carreer has already passed it's halfway

I'm fearing that a little also, as they are getting more busy with developing installment 6 maybe the GT5 plan for 2012 and onwards is; a couple of DLC cars every 3 months to get some money out of it and add the weekly A-spec B-spec and time trial seasonals.

Let's just hope if this is the case, they actually read the million good ideas on GTplanet to improve the game, and implement them in GT6...

A nice feature, that in my opinion it would be easy to implement , is a custom event creator , where you can choose track , track conditions , number of laps , have the ability to choose each opponent AI car individually and also ( if you don't want to chose each AI car individually ) to be able to set up restrictions for HP , PP , weight etc, for opponent AI cars!

It would be nice also (in my opinion), If that feature could give us the ability to create our custom racing series/tournaments , by combining more than one tracks!

Last edited:
The strangest thing for me, is that PD did not have the foresight to implement most of this for v1.00.

Last edited:
Wait wait wait.

Day/night cycle isn't exactly easy to do. It's not just reducing lightning and add a couple of lights along the track. A friend of mine teached me you need to check dynamic shadows of every object of the track, rewrite shaders, redo some textures, and much more.

That being said, I agree that some track layouts could be easily added (for instance Nurburgring GP with day/night cycle and dynamic weather, as well as Cape Ring layouts in reverse or Suzuka west) because they are already there.

About Top Gear Test Track, I don't remember if PD modeled all the track or just that straight used in the license test.

So please, just reaaaaaally easy things ^^ Thank you all, OP updated.

Last edited:
I dunno if it's easy or not.... I want the cockpit view to have windshield... it glares when there's sun, it reflects the upper dashboard etc, it breaks when u crash. It add realism...

The option to stop the car rotating when you're choosing the colour in the Dealership would be great.

+1^ So annoying when you wanna see it at the front and it changes view, just stay ****ing still!!!

"- An option (a simple option) to disable daily login bonus for paint and museum cards"

Why?

What reason would there be for turning it off when it gives you more stuff and the least it gives you is the same as having it turned off isn't it?

Yes I want them to make you choose what cars or types of cars you race agents In arcade mode e.g GT1, 2 or 3, LMP, Rally, F1 or even a mix like in Le mans Races that is a feature I would love to have, for me that would be a game changer indeed , I hate it wen I tune my car only to race agest way under power cars or way over powerful cars like a whole grid of veyrons :/

Wait wait wait.

Day/night cycle isn't exactly easy to do. It's not just reducing lightning and add a couple of lights along the track. A friend of mine teached me you need to check dynamic shadows of every object of the track, rewrite shaders, redo some textures, and much more.

That being said, I agree that some track layouts could be easily added (for instance Nurburgring GP with day/night cycle and dynamic weather, as well as Cape Ring layouts in reverse or Suzuka west) because they are already there.

About Top Gear Test Track, I don't remember if PD modeled all the track or just that straight used in the license test.

So please, just reaaaaaally easy things ^^ Thank you all, OP updated.
👍

Eiger Nordwand Short and High Speed Ring need reverse layouts with Weather.

The option to stop the car rotating when you're choosing the colour in the Dealership would be great.
👍
Yes I want them to make you choose what cars or types of cars you race against In arcade mode e.g GT1, 2 or 3, LMP, Rally, F1 or even a mix like in Le mans Races that is a feature I would love to have, for me that would be a game changer indeed , I hate it wen I tune my car only to race agest way under power cars or way over powerful cars like a whole grid of veyrons :/
Being able to specifically choose the Opponent cars would be awesome. We should have to choose from whatever's in our Garage only.

full use of the top gear runway. just remove one wall!!
Remove all the walls when it's a Free Run/Time Trial in Arcade Mode and Practice, races would stay the same as it is now for cheating, obviously.

Last edited:
Arcade mode with payment.
Ability to change the units of measurement and speed in option menu just like GT5prologue.

At this point in time I think it's a waste of time suggesting 'easy' updates. I assumed it would have been easy to add several hundred more A-Spec events but here we are 15 months after release and not one new (permanent, offline) event. So either things aren't as easy as we think or our idea of easy updates don't match PDs ideas.

- Rolling starts in online races
- Weather on Top Gear Test Track
- Mileage counted in online free runs/track days
- In online spec races(using cars from the recommended list) equip them with the highest grade tire the room allows, not what they come with stock
- Make a street car restriction for online lobbies
- Allow karts to race on weather change tracks

If you're in free practice mode, why not select the 'realistic' setting once for all occasions (like SRF off or auto/manual), it's a minor thing but would be a convenient one.

"- An option (a simple option) to disable daily login bonus for paint and museum cards"

Why?

What reason would there be for turning it off when it gives you more stuff and the least it gives you is the same as having it turned off isn't it?
Because, a year in, I don't need more paint chips and museum cards, and I hate that the game requires to save right after that (and if you try to go the garage, you need to wait until the end of the save before being able to load the garage), and when you have a save file of 3MB or more, the saving process takes some time.

At this point in time I think it's a waste of time suggesting 'easy' updates. I assumed it would have been easy to add several hundred more A-Spec events but here we are 15 months after release and not one new (permanent, offline) event. So either things aren't as easy as we think or our idea of easy updates don't match PDs ideas.
You're probably right, but we can try and see if something happens :) At this point we have nothing to lose.

- Suzuka West.
- Lighting up redline lights in cars which they don't work in.
- Allowing us to STAY in the dealership while we buy multiple cars.

There's more I can think of, but that's enough for now.

The option to change your car from the start race screen
Access gt auto features within the settings screen
Pick specific cars for use in an online race, so you could pick a beetle one-make race, for example (might already be implemented, dunno)
Once you unlock a car in gt mode, you can use it in arcade mode like in gt4.
Add back the awesome guitar bit when you start the race from gt3

Last edited:
Back