Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are Career Road Course Ratings. Graph is sorted by highest rating. This graph is not organized by number of race starts. So data may be skewed as Droptop suggests.

I didn't get to post career average finish for ovals last night, so both career oval and career overall average finish tables will get posted tonight. I might even throw in a career exhibition average finish table too.

All votes must be in by midnight Est tonight. I have quite a few but believe I'm still waiting in at least four or five.

Clocks ticking down to make sure your votes count. Whoever gets Ohio will win ;)

Here are Career Oval Ratings. Graph is sorted by Rating.

Rating = ((Wins+Top3+Top5+Top10)/# of Starts)

4.0 is highest obtainable Rating, 0.0 is the lowest

4.0 - Perfect (A+)
3.0 - Great (A-)
2.0 - Good (solid B)
1.0 - Average (Solid C+ to C)
Below 1.0 - Below Average (C- to D-)
0.0 - FAIL! Need some driving lessons (F)

I didn't get to post career average finish for ovals last night, so both career oval and career overall average finish tables will get posted tonight. I might even throw in a career exhibition average finish table too.

I'll be at a big fat 0 for exhibition races because I've always been busy on the day of them. If the S3 Bud Shootout counts as an exhibition race, it'll be my first.

Here's a bonus sheet for today. Fastest Lap Times. Feel Free to fill in any blanks, post data here.

Attachments

• fastest_LapTimes.pdf
    134.6 KB · Views: 18
I'll be at a big fat 0 for exhibition races because I've always been busy on the day of them. If the S3 Bud Shootout counts as an exhibition race, it'll be my first.

The Bud Shootout from season 1 and 2 both count. Last season's Christmas Daytona 250 and SSRX exhibitions both count. For season three, the Bud Shootout and the Sprint All-Star Race main event both count, but not the Sprint All-Star Qualifying race.

The Bud Shootout from season 1 and 2 both count. Last season's Christmas Daytona 250 and SSRX exhibitions both count. For season three, the Bud Shootout and the Sprint All-Star Race main event both count, but not the Sprint All-Star Qualifying race.

I'm treating the Qualifying Race as an actual Series Race. I would like to see myself or one of my teammates make it in. Of course only if we need to, seeing that we will probably grab a win or two prior and won't have to rely on the Qualifying Race :sly:

I can't count the open qualifying race towards exhibition race wins stats, as it will exclude every prior race winner. Whoever wins the main event race will have an exhibition win added to their stats, though.

I can't count the open qualifying race towards exhibition race wins stats, as it will exclude every prior race winner. Whoever wins the main event race will have an exhibition win added to their stats, though.

I'll be sure not to include the qualifier in any stats. But I will add the Main Event to Exhibition stats.

Good news for Ford: our Nationwide driver F_Filipe will be able to replace Furi in the races that he can't make, apart from SSRX as he currently doesn't have it.

All votes must be in by midnight Est tonight. I have quite a few but believe I'm still waiting in at least four or five.

Clocks ticking down to make sure your votes count. Whoever gets Ohio will win ;)

Alright, let's see some results! :scared:

TheSprintsLogo2.png

Welcome to the First Annual SPRINT Awards. Throughout the next few hours we will honour those drivers who, throughout Season 2, have earned the right to have been nominated, and voted for, to recieve a SPRINT Award.

We got a strong number of voters putting their votes, views and comments forward as to why the recipients in the six categories are justified. It's been quite interesting watching the votes come in, with some out and out clear cut, and some very close calls with one leaving me to make the deciding vote in a category where I was already torn between two nominees.

So, without further ado, our first SPRINT is in the category of:

ROOKIE OF THE SEASON​

This award is eligible for any driver who has participated in 5 or more races in Season 2, and did not compete in any more than 2 races in Season 1. And the nominees were:

M-Stall41
Furinkazen
Dowhat
Mudd
JakobNascar88

Not all votes were given to any one driver, but the overwhelming winner of our very first award, is M-Stall41.

This was sown up very early with coming into the fold, not only winning two races, but having these at both a road course and an oval, demonstrating that he will always be a serious contender moving forward.

It was only his bad luck throughout The Chase, with lag incidents, that he did not compete in the end for the Championship, which I am sure Niop, Joe and Homeslice are kind of thankful for.

With M-Stall now being the Gibbs Team Owner, and fielding a very strong team for Season 3, the S2 Rookie of the Season could easily become a Most Improved Driver of the Season for next year, with a potential Championship to boot.

Congratulations go out to both Mudd and Dowhat who also received votes in this category, however, I am sure no-one will disagree that M-Stall is a deserved winner.

M-Stall, this Rookie of the Season award is yours. Congratulations man.

ivzpf7.png

Thanks to Chqr for all Images. Had this waiting in the background for a long time now 👍

TheSprintsLogo2.png

RIVALRY OF THE SEASON​

And the Nominees are:

Niop / Mstall
Niop / Furi
ACDC / Furi
Crazy / Hendrick
Hendrick / Ford
Hendrick / Toyota
Gibbs / Ford
Toyota / Ford

I don't think it's any surprise that all the votes that came in here, involved Hendrick in some form. What surprises me more is that we actually had three of the above voted for, when most expected there to be only one winner.

I am sure Drop is very happy with this category, and is almost exactly what he wanted to see when introducing the team aspect to this Series.

Good job to Ford and Toyota for both getting a vote each (against Hendrick), but the overwhelming winner for this SPRINT, is Crazy Bassist -v- Hendrick Motor Sports.

Crazy even voted for this himself, recognising how intense this rivalry became, and even a couple of weeks after the Season finished, was still continuing even though Crazy is now Hendrick Team Owner.

With all the changes in the teams this season, no one can predict where this category will go next season, although, I have an incling :nervous:

Congratulations to Crazy and Hendrick for winning Season 2 Rivalry of the Season. I'll let you guys fight over who takes the award home!

ivzpf7.png

PS, unfortunately the late vote that just came in was past the vote deadline and therefore cannot count. You know who you are :lol:

Congratulations to Crazy and Hendrick for winning Season 2 Rivalry of the Season. I'll let you guys fight over who takes the award home!

I think the only way to settle this is with a heavy damage, boost-on, 5-lap demolition derby at Daytona between Crazy and ACDC. Winner takes the trophy.

I think the only way to settle this is with a heavy damage, boost-on, 5-lap demolition derby at Daytona between Crazy and ACDC. Winner takes the trophy.

Can we actually have this before the shootout next week? I need to see this?

I think a half mile oval with no pit lane would work best for that. :D

TheSprintsLogo2.png

UNLUCKIEST DRIVER OF THE SEASON​

And the nominees for this SPRINT are:

Chqr - 2 incidents, four drive throughs and a DC in the first Daytona race.

Mudd - Got caught up in at least 5 incidents throughout the season that we not his doing, resulting in lower results than expected.

Knelly - 3 times being pushed back into contention to lead pack, the pusher in all three occasions was DC'd taking him out of potential race win contention. Plus three non fault spins at HSR everytime he pulled back to taking positions.

Joe - multiple DC's early on in Season, plus being taken out of contention at Chase 2 by a lapped car, on last lap battling for win.

Stall - Sarthe DC on lap 4 from a strong position, plus two Chase lag incidents.

Furi, multiple DC's throughout the season.

Five different drivers received nominations for this award, however the overwhelming winner pipping Knelly to the prize by four votes is Mudd.

Mudds' misfortune seemed to come early on in the season, and there weren't so many in the Chase races which meant he started to threaten my fifth position near the end. However, I think Mudd himself will agree (as a rookie at this stage) that his apprehension in the packs etc is what his downfall was, and as he got more confident with those around him, and not so much of a pushover, his results started to improve.

Congratulations Mudd in being voted the unluckiest driver in GTP NASCAR. Don't drop the trophy :nervous:

ivzpf7.png

~uses what he has learned this season and forcefully shoves Knelly off to the side to receive his award~. :D

~uses what he has learned this season and forcefully shoves Knelly off to the side to receive his award~. :D

I already have my vote ready for "Most Improved Driver" for season three. :lol: :lol:

EDIT - the trophy should have had his arm in a sling.

~before he realises that it's easier said than done to push him off in these cars and that his Unluckiest Driver of the Season award, would turn into a Most Broken Bones award ~ :crazy:

TheSprintsLogo2.png

MOST IMPROVED DRIVER OF THE SEASON​

Drivers are only eligible who participated in Season 1, for more than 2 races. Anyone can vote, whether new or not. And the nominees are:

RFLX_Niop
Knelly
Droptop
Crazy Bassist
Homeslice
Joe
ACDC

Five of the drivers here, received votes and was very close between three. Well done to Joe and Crazy receiving votes, and unlucky to Knelly and Homeslice who were pipped to the award by Niop.

It was conisdered that for Niop to win a second consecutive title, in a much improved field of contenders, Niop needed to improve and stretch his personal goals to stay ahead of the field.

Well done Niop on winning the Most Improved Driver of the Season award. Let's hope that what you learnt last season can help your team mate improve his fifth place finish for the forthcoming season :sly:

ivzpf7.png

Guys, I will try to make the shootout on the 17th, may I sub in for someone?

Slightly ambitious as empty Sprint Cup seats will be most likely filled up by full-time Nationwide drivers. No harm in trying though, I recommend you try and grab a full-time or part-time seat in the Nationwide if you are sidelined in the Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back