Fido's PhotoZone ||| [Avr 22] Dakar 2003

Verrrry nice shots there Fid! 👍 The citroen GT shot from the front is maybe a bit too saturated for my taste though. Keep it up!

Amazing set, but this pic is....

6815246170_774347afaf_z.jpg

Beautiful :drool:👍

Looking damn good!
Thanks a lot Pascal !
So... so good shots!! :D:tup:👍👍

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

BkS
When did the BBC hire you for Top Gear? D:
These shots are amazing Fido! I was supposed to join the lobby but I completely forgot. Perhaps you can message me next time. ^_^ :dopey:
You think I can send them my application? :D
I'll message you for sure next time ! 👍
Really amazing shots !
Can't pick a favorite really.
Fantastic.

Thanks Bo! I'm glad you like them. :)
Fantastic !
Lovely shots, Fido ! :drool::drool::drool:👍👍👍

:drool: Thanks a lot Shaolin !!! :drool:
Verrrry nice shots there Fid! 👍 The citroen GT shot from the front is maybe a bit too saturated for my taste though. Keep it up!

You're right about the Citroën GT shot. I was trying a different editing but it's true that it stand out oddly with the rest of the set. 👍
Amazing set, but this pic is....

Beautiful :drool:👍

Thanks Darky. It's one of my fav too ^_^
:drool::tup:x9001 for the Maserati shot
Edit:I mean the 15th shot

This one is my fav :D The Maserati always looks realistic in the pics I see on GTP. Glad mine looks that way too. Thanks GT HP ;)
Every single shot is awesome!
Thanks mate !

Thanks a lot guys for all the great comments ! :)

Now it's preview time. :D

Leftovers from the tournament Qualifying Round.
I have 64 of those. How do you think I should proceed?
I wanna post them all but should I post them in one post or should I split them?

Definetly split them.
Most likely into 4 Parts. That would be 16 Pictures per Update and definetly not too much nor too less. :)

Looking forward to it, Thomas!

Nah, post it all man, I've tried to post like 70 pics at the same time, it worked greeeeeeaaaat. :lol:

And wow, I love your set from the photoshooting last week, especially the ones with the Esprit. ;)

:) Hey guys. :)
First of all, sorry for those of you who have a limited bandwith cause this update will be very huge.
That's why a lot of these shots are in small size here but please, view them full size as the miniatures really don't do them justice.
Now, this set theme is :

Super GT !
I took these pics for the Qualifying round of the Tourney and I must say that I was kinda proud when I saw my pic in the 5 most voted ! :sly:
I wasn't so lucky in Round 1 though. :D
Anyway, I took lots and lots of pics for this round and it was really hard to pick just one.
That's why I edited so much of them.
Enjoy the pics 👍

And that's it. Finally.
I know that's a lot to view guys that's why I posted only half of the set here.
The rest can be seen in my flickr gallery.
As always, C&C are welcomed and also, I'm curious to know which one you would've picked for the tournament. Post the link below if it's one of the flickr bonuses ;) (240px max please).
Thanks for watching ;)

Fantastic tones you've got going on in here, Fido! 👍

That Lexus LF-A shot in the smoke, though, is just jaw-droppingly good!

Wow, wow, wow! I can only say that. :drool:
Thanks Adrian. Much appreciated mate ;)
Fantastic tones you've got going on in here, Fido! 👍
That Lexus LF-A shot in the smoke, though, is just jaw-droppingly good!
I'm glad you like it Bram. ;)
I'm still experiencing with my modest editing software though. :indiff:
I'm glad you like the LFA shot, it's one of my favorites in that set. :)

By the way, I updated the OP with some new banners.
The previous ones were too big and were taking too much space IMO. ;)

super pictures :drool:👍
Lovely OP! :)
Thanks a lot guys !

Time for another set.
To be honest, I think it is quite bad.
I don't like it and I find that most of the pics are bland and uninspired.
But hey, nobody's perfect and I still spent some time with it so here it is anyway :

So there it is. Chrysler Crossfire.
I absolutely love the design of this car! Even though it is not as good as the Concept, Chrysler still did a good job with.
Too bad it didn't sold that well.
I actually saw one of these the other day and I thought : "I have to do a set with this car".
Sadly, I believe this is one of the worst standard in the game. It looks real bad during the replay and in Photomode...
Anyway, have a look and tell me what do you think. ;)

That's it folks!
I hope you enjoyed this one despite what I said earlier.
A lot of cleanup was required on that one although I didn't spend as much time as I should have.
Here's a bonus shot so you can see what I was up against :

18bonus.jpg

An awful pixel mass on the side of the car. So gross! I barely removed it on several shots and didn't even bothered on others.
Nevermind.
I'll let you guys comment and then we'll move on to something more exciting I hope. ;)

Actually, this is a great set - you've done very well with this (sub)standard. 👍
I certainly wouldn't call it uninspired - as c_f said "really nice compositions and colours".
Would love to Re-Mix a couple of these and tidy up the car some more. :)

Great shots there! You've made a rather ugly car look fantastic! :drool:
SVX
Standard? For real? Naaaaaaaaaaah, it can't be!
Lovely set Fido. :drool:
Really nice compositions and colors -- I can't believe how bad the modeling is in that one shot! O_O
Actually, this is a great set - you've done very well with this (sub)standard. 👍
I certainly wouldn't call it uninspired - as c_f said "really nice compositions and colours".
Would love to Re-Mix a couple of these and tidy up the car some more. :)
Thanks a lot guys!
And Nato, I'm sorry but I have the bad habit of editing pics and erasing the original ones. :indiff:
I'm trying to change that now that this RE:MIX thing is taking off.
Unfortunately, no Crossfire set for you.
But you should do one of your own, I'm curious to see a good set with a cleaned up Crossfire ;)👍

I like the 1st one, the Chrysler fits the petrol station (is it?) perfectly 👍
Great shots , Fido ! :drool::drool::drool:👍
That car doesn't look like a standart :D
Thanks guys! :P

Here's my new set.
It's something I made a while ago but it will make a nice place holder while you wait for the next one :D

I actually made this back in December and it was supposed to be a "Happy New Year" special.
It would have been very similar to my "Merry Christmas" set but due to a lack of time, I gave up the idea.
But, I still wanted to post these shots so here they are.
A nice collection of Phototravel shots.
Enjoy. ;)

Hey guys !
Looks like my Phototravel update wasn't so interesting.
No problem at all cause here's a new one, much better I think :

You may have seen a preview of this in the 2.0 poll this week.
Although I'm not doing very good in that poll, I believe this set was worth posting anyway.
Unlike my previous ones, I like this one a lot and I'm quite pleased with the result.
I actually took these pics for last week 2.0 comp. I didn't want to use one of the usual suspects when it comes to Legends so I looked for something a bit different.
That's when I found out about this Camaro Trans-Am, driven in '68, '69 by Mark Donahue. The car, registered by the Penske Racing Team won the Trans-Am Series in 1968 and 1969.
To be honest, I didn't know much about Trans-Am before that and I thought it would be cool to have something different in the competition.
So, I tried to recreate the 1969 Penske Sunoco Camaro.
Wanna see the result? Have a look below and I hope you'll enjoy the set ;)

Et voila!
What do you think? C&C are encouraged.
The next set will probably feature one of my latest entries in the Photomode comps so place your bets!
This same next set will also make it into the RE:MIX thread very soon.
And to finish, I'm preparing a special set about a very famous race driver. Place your bets again !
Winner gets an internet cookie :D

Hey you! Yeah! You!!

Thanks a nice Chevy Z28 you got there. :sly: Awesome photos dude, some perhaps a little dull, but you've definitely got the realism down. 👍

Back