*EASY* things for PD to implement in GT5

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 550 comments
Bring back the fixed starts like we had them before, not really a fan of the nascar type rolling starts in 90% of the events now...

How about drift competitions? People will drift to earn points. You can "give" each user a track to drift instead of having everyone clustered together and your odds of winning are 0. There could be an option to let x amount of players each track for a formula drift feel.

Well if not all than maybe one or two every so often. It's not like creating a brand new track from scratch.
Yes, but they still need to re-texture everything. But I'll add this request in the "Not that easy, but still doable" list :)

Thanks guys, OP updated.

Let's begin operation "spam Kaz twitter" :lol:

Yes, but they still need to re-texture everything. But I'll add this request in the "Not that easy, but still doable" list :)

Thanks guys, OP updated.

Let's begin operation "spam Kaz twitter" :lol:

Dont spam his twitter. This can make the door close forever. But sent him a link to this thread once and lets make it popular. This way we can get pd attention.

Well, this post includes part of one written in July, and still, there are many things that remained unchanged since then

Saving the menu order preferences
Every time you start the game, you need to change your preferences in the garage order, item order, even in GT2 you could sort the cars order and your preferences were saved, when you started a new game session, the order was there

Saving your preferred camera angle
Every single time the game is started, the camera is in the bumper, it irritates, again I remember previous GT editions to point that your favourite angle was saved

Paint system should be improved, the paint colours should be permanent, enable a "return to original colour" option, similar to the one available in the wheel shop

Enable an option to buy original wheel models from the manufacturer of the car, for example, allowing the 599 to be fitted with the F430 wheels, like it was in GT4 where you could fit RS4 wheels into the RS6, for example

Autosave to be optional, could be turned off or turned on, allowing to get back from where saved, without resorting to USB or another external storage

Another point that should be improved is the turbo, enable more cars to have turbo kits installed, and improve the hp gain, there are many cars where the turbo kit gives less than 50 hp of improvement while others have giant hp gain

Likewise, when we create a new lobby, the game should either have the option to have a prescribed setting or should remember the way we put it the last time. For instance, I like to set the Mechanical Damage to Heavy, but when I open a new lobby, it's automatically set to Light. Having to change all the settings is quite time consuming.

This is weird. Seeing so many changes for a game and for people asking for more changes, updates, bug fixes. I can't think of another console PS3 game were there are so many changes being done. I guess Gran Turismo 5 fans will never be satisfied.

Cape Ring courses in reverse. Suzuka West. Tsukuba Short.

Thank you and great thread here 👍

Renn Sport
Well, this post includes part of one written in July, and still, there are many things that remained unchanged since then

Saving the menu order preferences
Every time you start the game, you need to change your preferences in the garage order, item order, even in GT2 you could sort the cars order and your preferences were saved, when you started a new game session, the order was there

Saving your preferred camera angle
Every single time the game is started, the camera is in the bumper, it irritates, again I remember previous GT editions to point that your favourite angle was saved

Paint system should be improved, the paint colours should be permanent, enable a "return to original colour" option, similar to the one available in the wheel shop

Enable an option to buy original wheel models from the manufacturer of the car, for example, allowing the 599 to be fitted with the F430 wheels, like it was in GT4 where you could fit RS4 wheels into the RS6, for example

Autosave to be optional, could be turned off or turned on, allowing to get back from where saved, without resorting to USB or another external storage

Another point that should be improved is the turbo, enable more cars to have turbo kits installed, and improve the hp gain, there are many cars where the turbo kit gives less than 50 hp of improvement while others have giant hp gain

I agree with just about all of your points. The lack of menu/preferences saving drives me the most crazy. Tc 5 popping back on all the time, always starting with the view I never use, etc.

I often wish there was an event creator with the same settings to screen cars as the lobby. I'm tired of racing the citroen GT concept when nobody's online. Being able to fill out the ranks with bot drivers so a race between you and your one friend that's on can feel like a bigger event would be awesome. I often wonder why I need to be online to race the seasonals if I can't race with my friends against each other and a bunch of bots?

TH8 RS the official shifter of GT5 really needs some official support.

-Ability to use sequential mode in GT5
-Ability to button map the controller

Ability to turn off daily login bonus.

I'm so sick of deleting old items to make room for new. (7000 limit) I don't want new paint chips everyday. I have enough already let me turn it off!!!

Better inventory management.

I wish there was a way I could select everything I wanted to delete that hit delete. What kills me is hitting delete than waiting a few seconds for the game to process. Say I want to speed up my game by deleting all of my paintchips? That would take an entire day with the current system we have.

This is weird. Seeing so many changes for a game and for people asking for more changes, updates, bug fixes. I can't think of another console PS3 game were there are so many changes being done. I guess Gran Turismo 5 fans will never be satisfied.
I can't think of another console PS3 game with a community this big and a developer who listen to the fan base ;)

Cape Ring courses in reverse. Suzuka West. Tsukuba Short.

Thank you and great thread here 👍
Thank you amar, I'm glad you like the idea.

Personally I don't think standard cars and premium cars should be in different garages. I want to look at all of my Audi's at once rather than go back and forth between garages. Ya know?

Personally I don't think standard cars and premium cars should be in different garages. I want to look at all of my Audi's at once rather than go back and forth between garages. Ya know?

This. When I see a car I might want in the UCD and am not sure if I have one already, I would like to be able to look through just one garage instead of having to check both the Standard and Premium garages. Granted most of the cars in the UCD are Standards, but I don't have the Premiums memorized to know for sure if the car I'm buying is a Premium or Standard. Unless I've been wrong this entire time, and all the UCD cars are Standard? :dunce:

(And I'm not saying to do away with the separate garages, just add one named "All" or something.)

+1... I hate the way they are separated. Standard, premium, vans, wagons, sports, coupés, sedans, hatchbacks.

Cars are cars. I want all in the same place.

This could easily be implemented by allowing Custom tabs in the garage. I would actually like the karts to be seperate from the cars. I'd also like a "fully loaded" tab for cars that have every upgrade available.

All possible with a "Create a new Tab" garage option.

On/off switch for the pace cars warning lights, please.

We can already flash our highbeams in premium cars with a separate button, so I think it wouldn't be that hard to add an on/off feature for the pace car.

Be able to set default car options, ie Have TCS 0 instead of TCS 5 for every car I get.

I wish they would bring back the old in the car view during pit stops or at least give us the option. It totally destroys the sense of realism with the circling arcade view.

Latest Posts

Back