◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,692 comments
No Nordschleife? I hope that was sarcasm... :(

The main problem with the Nordschleife is that it's so long that it would make it pretty much impossible for us to finish all three rounds within our two hour time limit. You have to do two laps just to to get a qualifying time (the clock doesn't start until you complete a lap) and then the only we'd only be able to have a one lap race. I guess we could try it out one day is someone really wants to pick it using their Prize A or Prize B selection, but I don't think it would be ideal.

Plus, we get enough of the Nordschleife during our Cat & Mouse nights! :lol:

Sorry Glock...I keep forgetting that while the cat can slow down from that speed, the little mouse tends to not fare so well :scared:

Thanks for comin out everyone. good fun to be had. next week is rally, with possibly rally C&M

hey zero i'd like to participate in your races! Devious sent me and had let me know quite a bit about it so far. Im pretty interested in joining

hey zero i'd like to participate in your races! Devious sent me and had let me know quite a bit about it so far. Im pretty interested in joining

Welcome to the league! I've just sent you a friend request, so please proceed to Step 2 of the instructions at the bottom of the original post. We also have events throughout the week that build up to our Sunday league night, so be sure to check our full schedule if you're interested.

CHANGE ALERT

After a long and successful run, the RX-7 is being retired. The replacement for this will be the Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window.

Car & Track Selection

Okay, I've been giving it some thought, and I've finally made my choice.

The Car:
Honda S2000 `06

The Track:
Autumn Ring

I think this is going to be a fun and yet challenging track.

Thanks to Bowler and Devious for making their car/track choices so quickly. I've updated the line-up for easy reference. Here's to another week of fun, practice, and build-up to Sunday night! :cheers:

Hey all. I just wanted to give advance notice to Zero or whomever keeps track, but I won't be able to make the next 2 Sundays. (18th and 25th) as I'll be on Vacation. So, just an FYI. I don't care whatever the answer is, but does that mean when I get back I''ll be bumped down to D3? Just curious, and it's probably a good place to start over from scratch if so.
Happy Tuesday to all!

Here's hoping the classroom is open tonight :sly: I need some tutoring 👍

Devious, let us know if you're going to do a classroom session tonight. If so, perhaps we can find a way to let it compliment Dirty's TNT. Since he starts it up an hour earlier than our usually start time, maybe he can host the first part and then have you take over for the second part?

I know it won't always be possible for everyone to be on the same practice vs. fun schedule, but I'd like to coordinate whenever possible.

Hey Devious. All these racers you got to join, are they on the same level as you? In a few weeks, division 1 might get intense if that's the case.

Don't know if I've been added or not since I got no direct response. If not, I'd like to be. Mopar and I go way back and I know Devious too (she actually invited me).
PSN: HogsterGT

Here I am. And I'm interested. I hope I can make a good showing and not fall asleep before it's over! Sign me up, please?

Oops! Sorry about that. Another league member posted immediately after you did so I must've overlooked your post. I've just sent you a friend invite. Please proceed to Steps 2 through 5 of the original post. If you want to race with us before Sunday night, be sure to check our weekday schedule as well. Thanks!

Here's hoping the classroom is open tonight :sly: I need some tutoring 👍

Mopar and I will have a classroom session up tonight, and we can both handle 2 pupils - 1 in front of us to watch what you are doing and offer tips and suggests & 1 behind behind us to see what we are doing, how we did it, as well as offer tips. Please keep in mind that our attention will be divided so we might see everything we'd like to point out, simply because of all the voice chat traffic in the room. Last night we had about 7 people all wanting help, which is great, but we are only 2 people and can only offer so much at a time. LOL So I might reduce the maximum capacity from 16 to 6 so that we can offer better hands on help.

With that being said, a private 1 on 1 session or 2 on 1 session is also possible but we would need to make time for something like that. A Private Tutoring Session would give you the most attention, obviously, and it would allow Mopar and myself to show more advanced tactics when drivers are ready for that.

Either a group session or a private session is fine with us, but we (Mopar and myself) also like to practice the car & track combos every night, so we need to be sure to leave time for that as well.

Devious, let us know if you're going to do a classroom session tonight. If so, perhaps we can find a way to let it compliment Dirty's TNT. Since he starts it up an hour earlier than our usually start time, maybe he can host the first part and then have you take over for the second part?

I know it won't always be possible for everyone to be on the same practice vs. fun schedule, but I'd like to coordinate whenever possible.

I'll talk about this with Mopar and see what he'd like to do tonight. The fun & games is great, and I have enjoyed the things we've done in the past, but I do like to practice. I try to avoid contact as much as possible. LOL I don't see a problem with doing both, but it would mean less time for the classroom.

Hey Devious. All these racers you got to join, are they on the same level as you? In a few weeks, division 1 might get intense if that's the case.

LOL Thank you for the reference . :sly: The truth of the matter is not everyone I have invite are on the same level. Some are close, and some are just very clean racers. I know the drivers I have invited would love a league like this, but some are too busy with Real Life to be bothered, like ApexVGear, He's FAST and CLEAN!! I invited so many people because I know that Zero wants to grow the league and Mopar and I were already thinking about starting a league of our own when Mopar found this group. It only seems fitting to invite the people I would have had in my league to join this league instead - so I did just that.

Is that okay, should I stop telling people about the league? I will if needed, just let me know Zero

Don't know if I've been added or not since I got no direct response. If not, I'd like to be. Mopar and I go way back and I know Devious too (she actually invited me).
PSN: HogsterGT

HogsterGT!!! Sup?!? Welcome! Glad to see you join the group! You should be up to speed in no time. This group is fun and for the most part Very Clean - there is the issue of lag from Sunday, but I'm not going to go into that, it's behind us. I'm pretty sure you will like it here.

Mopar and I will have a classroom session up tonight, and we can both handle 2 pupils - 1 in front of us to watch what you are doing and offer tips and suggests & 1 behind behind us to see what we are doing, how we did it, as well as offer tips. Please keep in mind that our attention will be divided so we might see everything we'd like to point out, simply because of all the voice chat traffic in the room. Last night we had about 7 people all wanting help, which is great, but we are only 2 people and can only offer so much at a time. LOL So I might reduce the maximum capacity from 16 to 6 so that we can offer better hands on help.

With that being said, a private 1 on 1 session or 2 on 1 session is also possible but we would need to make time for something like that. A Private Tutoring Session would give you the most attention, obviously, and it would allow Mopar and myself to show more advanced tactics when drivers are ready for that.

Either a group session or a private session is fine with us, but we (Mopar and myself) also like to practice the car & track combos every night, so we need to be sure to leave time for that as well.

I'll talk about this with Mopar and see what he'd like to do tonight. The fun & games is great, and I have enjoyed the things we've done in the past, but I do like to practice. I try to avoid contact as much as possible. LOL I don't see a problem with doing both, but it would mean less time for the classroom.

Sharkie and Mopar, I really appreciate you guys going the extra mile to help the laptime challenged out. I'll do whatever works best for you guys. I don't want to be the cause of you going slower on Sundays, no really :sly:

👍

The list of people I have invited to this league has been updated.

Thank you

*EDIT*
...on a side note, I wish some people would get back to me instead of being left to wonder WTF.

Sharkie and Mopar, I really appreciate you guys going the extra mile to help the laptime challenged out. I'll do whatever works best for you guys. I don't want to be the cause of you going slower on Sundays, no really :sly:

👍

Mopar & I are glad to give the knowledge we have to anyone who wants it. If we can improve the lap times for those who want it, then it make for better, closer & more competitive racing, which is what the league is all about. :D

Thank you for your appreciation, and You're Welcome for the help. :)

Don't stress about stuff you can't control, invite sent, you did your part 👍

Yes, I know, but still, it's just rude. If you are not interested in it, just let me know, how difficult is that? It's just basic manners. :indiff:

Naa, I dont mean it like your inviting to many people. Im just wondering how high of a caliber the d1 races are going to become.

LOL :lol:

There are fast people I have talked to, and if they join they will reach D1 for sure. I've race and drifted with ND_4_SPD and he's quick, but lately he's been on fire with his lap times when we've done practice. He's the one to keep your eye on, to be completely honest.

LOL :lol:

There are fast people I have talked to, and if they join they will reach D1 for sure. I've race and drifted with ND_4_SPD and he's quick, but lately he's been on fire with his lap times when we've done practice. He's the one to keep your eye on, to be completely honest.

Yeah, ND_4_SPD_Naruto is quick for sure. He won all but one of the races in D2 this week. He would have won all six races had it not been for a draft-assisted pass by tcrash15 on the last stretch of the last race of the night.

I got second place in two races on Sunday night, but I almost felt like I won them because ND_4_SPD_Naruto was way out ahead in his only little world lol. Had he not dominated so much, I probably would have promoted another driver to D1, but he was almost 20 points clear of the next highest points tally so I felt like he should be the only one promoted.

I actually was running better last night then I was anticipating. I did hold third with Diabolic until the 3rd round. and I was running strong to hold third until I had mechanical issues. Now maybe if I can get practice time in, I'll be running right up there too.

Back