◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,781 comments
Zero, the S2000 race would be 7 laps. Not sure about the High Speed ring track, off top of my head. Any one know the lap times roughly for that track? If so take 600 seconds, divided by the seconds it takes per lap, should be the amount of laps we will be doing. Eg 1:30 lap time = 90 seconds. 10 min race = 600 seconds. 600 Divided by 90 = 6.6 laps. Not sure if he wants to round it up to 7 laps or down to 6, Even tho we are shortening Qualifying.

Yes, I say we reduce qualifying to 10 minutes so that all of our races can be around 10 minutes long. As I discussed with Devious and Mopar last week, I didn't want to have 10 minute races until we split into three divisions. Well, we've arrived at that point so let's move forward with that plan.

Devious, what are the lap counts for each round that equal 10 minute races? All I know for sure is that Round 3 is supposed to have 5 laps. However, I'm not sure about Round 1 and 2. My guess is 7 or 8 laps each? I know you told me Round 2's lap count during Wednesday's practice, but I forgot. Please advise.

I'll do a quick test, but I believe is 7 or 8 laps for the High Speed Ring.

Also, I'm holding practice in my lounge right now, if anyone is interested.

I'm interested Sharkie, I was just practicing in my lounge but I don't know what lap times should be.

If you are already in GT5, you'll have to jump to the GT5 main menu, otherwise you will not see me in your GT5 friends list in GT Life / Community. Once at the GT5 main menu, just go to GT Life as your normally would and in "Community" you should now see my PSN-ID

See you soon

Zer05ive..

it's 8 laps at High Speed Ring with the current car. I ran 1.18's every lap except for the opening lap.

Everyone
A reminder.
Please delete your cache and restart your PS3 before entering the lounges. We want Sunday nights to be as lag/trouble free as possible so that we can finish within the 2 hour period.
For those keeping score and directing each division, remember the following (all members can assist with this too by mentioning it):
10 min qualifying time now
8 laps high speed ring
7 laps autumn ring
5 laps daytona
Don't forget to reverse grid for 2nd races
After the final race, please type in your vote for the track combo you want to get rid of (1=high speed ring, 2=autumn ring, 3=daytona) before you leave the lounge.
Good luck tonight with the races

Last edited:
Whew. That was a lot to read. I guess I was gone at just the right time.....

One thing, though. Races are from 10pm to 12am EDT...not EST.

See you, tonight, Div. 3.

I'm sure everyone is aware, but the S2000 is a tough car to tame consistently. There will be 10-16 of us on track tonight and while I think we are all capable of handling the car, there is a chance that accidents could happen. So, basically be cautious. :)

My first Sunday. Is it common for there to be only 3 of us 13 minutes before the session starts?

(just wondering if i'm in the wrong place)

For those racing in Div 3 this week, please post on this thread if Leadbedr does not show to direct tonight. Either Zero or myself will go over there and do the directing duties

My first Sunday. Is it common for there to be only 3 of us 13 minutes before the session starts?
It's fine. No one is in Div 2 lounge right now. But post back on here if Leadbedr does not show up in the lounge with 3 minutes to spare on the PSN clock

Is there a room # for D 3?

What should I filter by? Race for... Or free? Or by track?

Thx for any directions!

dvdoughboy
You should have received a friend request from snail division3. Accept that and go to that lounge

He's friend but invites? Is that in my GT Life tab or ? I am new to online racing, I apologize.

Got it!

A real learning experience. Not sure I am good enough for this league, even in D3.

Thank you for the great work by the organizers.

Best thing I learned - the podium icon on bottom left side of screen allows you to save a race to review it later.

My fault for not thinking to ask before the final race...

Don't give up handlebar. We all started from somewhere. Stick with it and you will get better. Join us during the week also for more practice time

D3 in the HOUSE. Great run tonight everyone. Clean, hard racing, just what i was looking for out of this group. Handlebar, keep at it, hard work pays off.

I agree. This was extremely good fun. I loved racing with everyone, all very clean and competitive. Exactly what I was looking for! I can't wait until May when I will be able to be a more active member of this league. Thanks guys for the amazing experience! :)

jlbolwer:
I'll watch both replays of High Speed Ring, the contact was not intention, I hope you know that. :nervous:

I have a lot of fun racing with everyone tonight. 👍

jlbolwer:
I'll watch both replays of High Speed Ring, the contact was not intention, I hope you know that. :nervous:

I have a lot of fun racing with everyone tonight. 👍

I know it's not intentional, it's racing and I can live with that.

I choose Prize A :)

Great racing all! Some how did a 1'25.394 at Autumn Ring, thought that was pretty cool.

I was suprised by the 2 wins @ Highspeed ring too. The cluster "you know what" at Daytona on the last lap, race 1 was.....a mess lol. 4 cars sat off to the sit with damage/penaltys while Diabolic drove on from 5th(?) to the win :)

*EDIT* Hogster did you race tonight?

In my first official outing I managed one pole (missed the second by a mere 0.022), one win, four seconds, and a fifth. I think I'll probably be in D2 next week. It'll be interesting to see if I can fare as well there.

Back