POLL: Would you like to be able to create your own A-Spec Races

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 162 comments

Would you like to be able to create your own A-Spec races?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even if they just gave us this, it would be great. But I would like to see an expanded filter that allows me to specify things such as make/model of car, nationality of car, year ranges, horsepower/weight levels, body type (hatch, convertible, dedicated race versus street car, etc). The more ways to filter the opponents to create my own races the more use I'll get out of the feature.

At this point, unfortunately I find that the arcade mode is of limited use. But with these enhancements I could play GT5 for ages and not get bored, because I'd be able to run enough "what if" races to keep myself entertained.

absolutely agreed

A field of Lamborghini, start at the back with Ferrari 458, then try a field of Ferrari and start at the back with a Lamborghini Miura. Or a variety of Lamborghini & Ferrari, and start at the back with a McLaren, or maybe a Jaguar XJ13

or ...well the while point is that the scenario's can be limitless, or at least limited by our interests and imagination.

I need to come back to the boards later, but I wanted to mention something quickly. For those who think this would be an unnecessarily long project and take time from better things, consider this: a bunch of that work has already been done in creating Arcade Mode.

When you go into it, you pick what you want to do, which in my case is usually Single Race. You select difficulty level in three stages. You pick a track. You choose your car, and what the car options are going to be as far as laps, tire type (sets the restriction for all cars), assists and so on. Then it generates a race with 15 competitors, lets you tune, and off you go. Arcade Mode is already a mini Event Maker.

A real Event Maker would simply offer more parameters as we've been suggesting, such as stringing together a list of tracks to make an event, championship or season. Something to think about. Anyhow, gotta race. ;)

It seems that this thread and poll has run its course,

However, my son who is 10 like to race online, and whenever I watch, I'm shocked at some of the other drivers ... puts me off racing online even more. The number of times he calls other drivers cheaters. And of course, he turns up in a Red Bull if the regulations permit.

I can see the potential for online, but I don't play enough to join a league/club. I'd just want to get racing as quickly as I can in a seasonal or A-Spec.

Anyways, in conclusion of the votes cast so far:
It allowed multiple categories to be voted on, so 389 placed 424 votes. I think it is fairly safe to assume that 35 voters selected options 3 & 4, and I'll take this into consideration.

Only 6 voted for: I'm so happy with GT5 as it is, I don't really want anymore A-Spec or Seasonal Events. Could be a slight surprise that it even got that many votes!

as for: Not a bad idea, but I expect that Seasonal Events and Online racing will be enough for me. 73 votes, less than 19% of the votes cast. From the posts, I get the impression that these were largely made up with players who have got themselves involved in online racing and love it. Happy for them, maybe a few are also relying on continual seasonals being added, PD - please keep this up

Then a massive 311 voters out of 389 want an event creation tool, most seem to think that PD have the ability to implement this relativelt easily. 139 voters would even pay for this as a DLC. Lets hope PD can work on this ... please.

Thank you to everyone who contributed.

Event Creator Choices:

–Choose the Tracks for the series (including order.. duplicates should be allowed)

for each track, choose:
-Time of day/Time Progression including Weather/Weather Changeability/Surface water
-Laps
-Qualifying / Set Grid Manually / Random Grid
-Standing / Rolling start
-Penalty Level

next screen, choose:
–Your car

–Field size
(2-16 cars)

–A.I. cars (choose individually, by PP or HP or Weight high and low limits, by Drivetrain, or by 'class'- Touring Cars, SuperGT, Kei Cars, Sports Cars, Wagons, Supercars, Classics, LMP, Multiclass, etc... It would be ten times cooler if we could *create and save a Class- for example being able to choose from our garage AND the entire car list of gt5 to create a grouping of what you, personally, would call "Classic Sports Cars". Save this class and it will be in the list until you decide to modify/delete it.)

–A.I. group or individual Tires (sometimes you just don't want that Ford GT to run away from the pack by 2 miles. Seriously. That ish is boring. I'd rather hang out and battle the pack than chase the rabbit. Let me put some Comfort Soft tires on that Ford and let's see how he likes it.)

–A.I. group or individual Difficulty (1-10 like arcade mode)

–Tire wear, Fuel depletion, Grip on wet/off track, Slow Car Boost, Slipstream on/weak, Visible/Mechanical damage off/light/heavy..

–Finally, you decide points awarded for each finishing position/ or use the pre-programmed formula. Creating and saving different Points Systems would be nice.

–Prizes should be selected by a program that factors the total difficulty after all options are set- hopefully not by PP alone, as we've seen the crap results from that method (generated opponents in arcade, anyone?). Tire selection and # of races + race length should play big roles in deciding prizes. How about helmets, suits, car tuning parts, rare paint chips, and car tickets of all levels?

–GO RACE! To Infinity! (that's not a nissan joke, I'm serious..)

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I'm with those 2 options:

Good Idea, Must be included in the next update, I'd love to create my own events! -> This should be a Must in GT6, unlocked by lvl or whatever, once I finish A-Spec, I really don't want to do the whole thing again, maybe that's because there aren't many tracks though

Great idea, I'd even pay for this feature to be added to GT5 as a DLC -> this one is because, even if the ideal would be to receive a free update, I have no problems paying for an A-Spec creator or whateverr to make me keep going with the game

Last edited:
what we're asking for here is not like building a new track, or a 20-million polygon Ferrari. It would probably take 2 or 3 programmers about 2 weeks or so to implement, and that's a conservative estimate.

This Event Creator would easily keep a large part of us playing for another couple of years, no sweat!

Brilliant idea and I'm sure many of us have thought it but not very possible to have it...

Yes it is. It would work much like how PD makes the Seasonals, which takes like five minutes. All you need is an option to decide what track, what configuration of that track (if applicable), how many laps, and what car restrictions. Now, if we had the option to choose winnings, people would take advantage and make a bunch of five-minute races with million-credit payouts, so we'd need to leave it for the game to calculate suitable winnings, but again this is a simple task; it could even be as simple as awarding winnings according to number of laps or preferably by race distance.

In Forza Motorsport 3 I did something similar to make myself races on the Nurburgring GP circuit, which was DLC that was not worked into the career mode, and I even won experience and credits for races run on my custom races, although the winnings were small. If I could do it in Forza, I don't see any reason for it not to work in GT.

i would make a 1 lap race at daytona which u get 20000000cr after winning it

This is why we can't allow players to decide their own winnings. Let the game calculate what would be fitting.

Silvia Sisters
Red Badge
perhaps an AE86 race
Yes Please

and I don't know if it would be possible but maybe a tandem drift race
The AI opponent could have a predetermined score and if you outscore you win.. if you tap opponent too hard there could be a penalty..

and also touge style runs

Probably already been said, but just give me the same control I have in my lobby. I don't even need $ prizes, I just want to be able to race offline against high pp cars other than the citroen GT!

Being able to race against our own cars driven by our bobs would be pretty fun too.

Silvia Sisters
Red Badge
perhaps an AE86 race
Yes Please

and I don't know if it would be possible but maybe a tandem drift race
The AI opponent could have a predetermined score and if you outscore you win.. if you tap opponent too hard there could be a penalty..

and also touge style runs

I don't even consider myself a drifter but your post is Top Ranking stuff. Add in a simple tournament format and we're dancin. Makes me want to go practice drifting right now- and by practice I mean doing any form of it in gt5, as that is basically all we have at the moment...

Back