CSW Community Test - Round 2: We want you!

• Thread starter LogiForce
  • 27 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

LogiForce

Premium
Netherlands
Groningen, Netherlands
LogiForce86
LogiForce
Hello everyone,

I know you've all been waiting for this. I Christiaan van Beilen as an official CTM (check qualification) would like to bring you Round 2 of the ClubSport Wheel Community Test event here on GTplanet.net.

I'd like to kick off this thread right off the bat. We are now entering round 2. This means that I as an official Community Test Manager will be looking for great volunteers here on GTplanet.net that are able to devote 14 days of testing and reviewing the ClubSport Wheel base with the CSW BMW M3 GT2 rim and CSW Formula rim.

We are looking for honest, capable people, who are good at presenting their opinions. Any previous experience (reviews, write-ups, posts) are more then welcome. Of course you should also have the necessary games you love to play at hand and the hardware they play on available during the 14 day test period.

When you think you don't have a chance on GTPlanet to participate in this event, then you might want to check out any of the other participating fora. You can find their links on Thomas his blog at 911Wheel.de.

The rules:

• Community reviewers of the CSR Elite wheel can not participate in this community review
  • Reviewer is asked to write an honest review
  • Reviewer will receive a CSW base with the two rims, but will also be offered to test compatible pedals, table clamp and a wheel stand, if he wants
  • Reviewer is required to inform the Community test supervisor about any problems he may have with the products during the test period
  • Reviewer can not leak any information regarding the products he is reviewing before embargo is lifted
  • Every reviewer will have at least 14 days to review the products, but exact review period will be determined after all the community reviewers have received the wheels
  • Due to past problems, reviewer will unfortunately be required to make a 50% deposit of the full value of products he will receive
  • After the review period is over and review is posted on-line Fanatec will ask the reviewer, if he wants to return the gear or keep it
  • He can keep it and the deposit he made earlier stays with Fanatec, so he receives a 50% discount for the effort he put in testing
  • If he decides to return some or all of the gear, Fanatec will refund his original 50% deposit + shipping costs for that gear immediately
  • only users from EU, North America, Australia and Japan can participate

Pricing for deposit:

You will need to have at least about 440 Euros OR 440 US Dollars at the ready for deposit the basic testing equipment. Base (around 225) plus two rims (around 125 for the Formula rim and 90 for the GT). You will have to take the whole package: base plus both rims. Accurate prices per device can be found in the table below.
As options you can request to test ClubSport Pedals, CSR Elite Pedals, ClubSport Tableclamp V2 and RennSport Wheelstand V2 with the base equipment for the same 50% discount. Of course the same 50% deposit is required for the options and will be added to the total deposit you will have to make.

So please take the 50% deposit well into consideration before applying​

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Products                  | Full Value Euro / USD | 50% Value Euro / USD |
| ClubSport Wheel           | 449,95 / 449,95       | 224,975 / 224,975    |
| CSW BMW M3 GT2 rim        | 249,95 / 249,95       | 124,975 / 124,975    |
| CSW Formula rim           | 179,95 / 179,95       | 89,975 / 89,975      |
| Clubsport Pedals          | 199,95 / 199,95       | 99,975 / 99,975      |
| CSR Elite pedals          | 149,95 / 149,95       | 74,975 / 74,975      |
| Clubsport Table Clamp V2  | 49,95 / 49,95         | 24,975 / 24,975      |
| Rennsport Wheel Stand V2  | 129,95 / 119,95       | 64,975 / 59,975      |

How to apply as a volunteer:

To apply as a volunteer all you have to do is fill in the form below as a reply to this thread.
Duration: 7 days from posting date of the OP (opening post). Which means applications will be closed by Saturday 7th of April 2012 at 12:00pm GTM+0. Any applications added after this time and date will NOT be taking into account for Round 3. No exceptions!

• Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally, Drift
  • Favourite Games (and platforms)
  • Current gear
  • Short introduction and statement why you would be the best for the job
  • Link to reviews/write ups/posts you made in the past

Final words:

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and do not post them in this topic as this is not a discussion topic.
So please keep topic clean and tidy and feel free to discuss your application or that of others in the main Fanatec topic.

Again if you think you don't have a chance on GTPlanet to participate in this event due to many applications or other reason, then you might want to check out any of the other participating fora. You can find their links on Thomas his blog at 911Wheel.de.

I wish you all the best of luck and make sure to impress not only me but most of all the community members of GTplanet, they in the end will be voting for you.

Updates:
3-4-2012 @ 02:11: Added a redirective text to other fora (to intro and final words) for when you think you don't have a chance anymore here for whatever reason.
1-4-2012 @ 21:23: Switched around the GT2 and Formula rim prices as they were mixed up.
1-4-2012 @ 21:00: Added table with correct prices of the equipment after the CTM of NAGP posted them in his OP over at NAGP.

Last edited:
Hello Christiaan, so finally the CSW testing is starting:)

Driving Style: F1, Rally, GT

Favourite games: GT5, RBR, Dirt 2 & 3, Iracing, Race 07, Rfactor 1&2, Project Cars (all PC except GT5)

Current gear:
CSR Elite with CSP, tripple screen 46" 55" 46" setup, OMG race seat, high end pc, BKG2 (next week)

Short Introduction:
I've been simracing for over 20 years now. I Started a long time ago with a just keyboard and i have had a lot racing gear over the years.
I have a BMW garage, so the option of finally driving with a real BMW steering wheel is just a big, very big thing for me.

Why me: My review would be about the CSW, but also about the CSW compared to the CSR Elite as a lot sim racers want to be informed about the differences betweem them. I also have very good technical background (beeing a mechanic) and a two and half year history with the fanatec products.

Reviews: Nothing yet. This would be my first one

Last edited:
Hello Christiaan, this trial comes just in time for my next purchase!

Driving Style: F1, GT, Rally

Favourite games: GT5, GTR/Race07, NKP, KRP, Project Cars, rFactor, Dirt 3, F1 2011, NFS Shift (owns almost every PC racing game)

Current gear:
Logitech G25, Projector 100", Rinoseat, PC+PS3

Short Introduction:
I've been a gamer from last 30 years, starting from ZX Spectrum. Simracing has become my top interest since first Simbin's GTR. I'll have, finally, some spare time in coming months and would like to build a second rig here in Germany (my first gear is in Italy) also I have a friend with PS3+100" Projector 500mt away (wonder who suggested him to buy it :) )
I have a BMW in garage too, modded Mini Cooper S. And I'm still looking for a decent simulation of it!

Why me: My review would be honest and unbiased, I played most of Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels, less experience with Fanatec products. I have a strong background in IT, it's my job, much less in cars/mechanics it's just an hobby to me.

Reviews: Any in last 10 years or so, but I certainly know how to write a review as I'm an avid reader. My first duty at work is very similar, I write documents for enterprises: analysis, R&D reports, technical requirements, etc. In the past I wrote some articles for the PCWorld magazine in Italy.

Not interested in testing but great to know how much they'll approx. cost - good luck to everyone. :)

Even tho that's not what Logi wants to see. :P

Last edited:
Driving style
  • Road GT
Favourite Games (and platforms)
  • iRacing road @ PC
Current gear
  • PC
  • Triple Screen - 24"
  • AMD 7970
  • W7
  • 16 Gb
  • SSD 120 Gb
  • 1Tb HDD
  • Seperate PC for telemetry & Basshakers
  • Fanatec 911 GT3 RS V2
  • CSP
  • Self build rig with racechair
Country
The Netherlands

I'm very active @ gathering.tweakers.net with helping people with iRacing, setting up tournaments and I race a lot.
Due to my technical background (rl racing, RC racing) combined with my passion for sim-racing I'm the guy for the Netherlands / Benelux to test a set.

Hey Christiaan, thanks a lot for your commitment. Attached you will find my application:

Driving Style: Road F1, Road GT, Rally

Favorite games: GT5, F1 2011, GTR 1&2, Rfactor, Dirt 3

Current gear: 911 GT3 RS with CSP, Wheel stand pro, Caterham Racing Shell Seat, PC, PS3

Short Introduction:
My Name is Michael and ever since I can remember I have been fascinated by motorsport, not to say that I am a little fanatic. My very first game was the classic “Stunts”. Growing up I also got more and more interested in the technical aspects of motorsport in general and Formula 1 in particular. That was also the time when Simracing moved into my focus.

Why me:
During the last three years I was a member of a Formula Student Racing Team. My tasks were developing, the suspension and driving the team’s racing car at different contests. Practicing on PS3 and PC helped me a lot to prepare for competition. During this time I tested different steering wheels to be as close as possible to the real feeling and racing experience. I have been following the CSW project since it first started. Now I would like to be part of the next big step in Simracing hardware, sharing my knowledge about motorsports and my own experiences driving racing cars. Being an honest person I have to admit that I`m not a hardcore Simracer spending hours on it every day. However I think I got a very good and interesting background with my studies in automotive engineering being almost finished, internships at different racing teams and experience in driving a racing car on the track. Feeling in front of a screen what comes as close as possible to the real experience on the track, is what makes the crucial difference between an average and an excellent gaming experience. It is this difficult task I would be proud to be part of.

Reviews: This will be my first one

Driving style: Road LMP/GT/F1, Oval Nascar/IRL, Rally ( but really anything that is in the dirt games, even run some Richard Burns rally.

Favourite Games iRacing as number 1, love some GT5, dirt 1/2/3, and f1 2012

Current gear: i run a g25 and a g27. i have a home made steal simrig with racing bucket. Computer, PS3. PS3 has every racing game I play, besides iRacing.

Age 22

Country USA / FL

Introduction I feel I would be a good candidate for this type review. I , like most of us, have been waiting some time now for this wheel. i purchased Club Sport peddles in October (when wheel was going be coming in December). i have good writing skills and feel i can be easily understood. i have the room for this type of review, the DSLR for pictures, and more importantly time. racing is a passion for me, its something i love to do, and something i work hard at to ever improve. i firmly believe i am not the only one that feels this way. but what i can do is review this wheel, and show my fellow Simracers if this is the wheel is everything they thought it would be. I'm not here to post a review and go on my lovely way. i am here to do a job, have fun no less, but do a serious job and make sure i cover every aspect of this wheel, show what it looks like inside and out, and answer questions. i know i hate asking a question and it just falls threw the cracks. I want to answer every person questions to my best ability and in a timely manner because i think this wheel is going to be a big deal and the last thing WE all want to do is spend our hard earned money on something we are not more than satisfied with.

reviews/write ups/posts I'm more of a quiet fellow popping in and out when i need too. i post most frequently in the iRacing forums on this site, its almost a family over there i love it. but i still do the post every now and then in the gt5 sections. always like looking at the photos people do.

Last edited:
Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Rally WRC

Favourite Games (and platforms)
PC: rFactor, F1 2011, Dirt series, NFS Shift series
Xbox: Forza 4 triple screen
PS3: GT5 triple screen

Current gear

D-Box motion platform
Alienware PC running a triple 50" projection setup
Visionracer VR3 custom with CSR-E and Dual TH8 shifters with handbrake
Perfect pedal modded G27 pedals

Short introduction and statement why you would be the best for the job:

I've been sim racing for many years and have had many different racing setups. I also drive my cars at autocross and track day events.

Link to reviews/write ups/posts you made in the past:

http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=5479

Over 13K views

Hi Christiaan

Driving style :

Road GT, Road F1, Oval

Favourite Games :

PC - İracing ( husnu guven )
PS3 - GT5 ( MtkP-TR )
XBOX - Forza ( MtkP Husnu )

Current gear

23'' Triple Screen PC Setup
Custom Sim Rig , buttkicker gamer ( http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n551/Husnuguven/Fotoraf0274.jpg )
911 Turbo S Wheel and CS Pedals (CST F1 3B coming )

Short introduction and statement why you would be the best for the job

I love sim racing and simulation equipments . I would like to CSW 👍

Link to reviews/write ups/posts you made in the past

http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_48922844/mpage_6/tm.htm

Good luck all 👍

Hello Christiaan

Driving Style: GT, F1, Rally

Favourite games: GT5, rFactor 1 & 2, simraceway, iracing, DIRT 3, F1 2010 & 2011, Project Cars.

Current gear:
Obutto Gaming Chair, Triple Screen Setup 24", 2 sets of Fanatec Clubsports with Tuning kit,Fanatec Elite, Fanatec GT2 & GT3RS Version 2, Rennsport WheelStand, Playstation,

Short Introduction:
I have only been Sim racing on a hardcore level for the last 2 years but I go back to Gran Turismo on the original playstation. I have been sucked in by all the technological advance to bring the realism to you right in your home. I currently run with three leagues on the computer (VOR, CMSRacing and WCGTR2.com) for at least the better part of the week. I spend about 1-2 hours a day practicing to race days.

Why me: I think I would be a good reviewer because I have had all the complete line of Fanatec wheels to be of good comparison to users out there on the fence on getting this wheel. I come from a background of pushing products to the limit and finding their flaws and trying to improve upon them. I think working together with fanatec, I can help release a product that will provide excellent user experience.

Reviews: Nothing yet.

Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Oval, and Rally

Favourite Games (and platforms): Iracing & Richard Burns Rally (PC), GT5 (PS3)

Current gear: Fanatec CSR wheel & shifter set, Clubsport Pedals, Playseat
Evolution Alcantara race seat, ibuypower gaming pc, PS3

Short introduction and statement why you would be the best for the job:

I first started sim racing with GT on PS1 and Nascar racing on PC. I didn't get serious about it being a hobby until the PS3 came out and being able to race online with others. Been racing seriouly since then. End of last year I got a gaming pc and got into iracing. That's what I mostly race now along with RBR. I've ran a SBK bike racing league & forum for over a year and I have been in mutiple road and oval leagues on both iracing and PS3.

I think I would be a great tester for multiple reasons. I've been sim racing for quite a few years now and have played lots of sim racing games. I have both PC and PS3 to test the CSW on. Also I currently & competitively race road, oval and rally. I believe by racing in all these different styles of racing that I can give a review that will benefit all types of sim racers and not just a certain type of racer. I've also been using fanatec products since joining iracing. Another good reason I think I could give a complete review is because I own and have used 4 different wheels in the last 8 months. I have a Logitech momo, DFGT, Fanatec GT2 & currently a CSR.

Link to reviews/write ups/posts you made in the past:

I have yet to write a official wheel or sim product review, but I have given my insight on various games and products on different forums like my league forum at http://onlinesimracing.proboards.com.

I guess it is 9 people so far that wish to test this thing. If anyone still wants to apply, do this before the clock strikes midnight on Saturday (GMT+0 / London Time).

Only a bit more then 1 day left. 31 hours to be exact until the closing bell.
If anyone still wants to join in?

Hello there Christiaan,

After giving it some though I decided to apply too ;)

Driving Style:
GT, F1, Rally

Favourite games:
GTR, GTR2, NFS: Porsche Unleashed, GT5, FM4, Project C.A.R.S., Dirt 3, F1 2011, NFS Shift

Current gear:
CSR Elite Wheel, CSP pedals, Custom made rig (can be found here)

Cyprus

Short Introduction:
I have been racing since 1 NFS and 1 GT came out, back then the best controllers were a keyboard and the DS1.
Racing is something you either like or you don't and as most of the guys here love it. My first wheel was MS Side Winder and I remember watching Senna's last races with my father.

Why me:
While I might not have 14 hours a day to race I do have some very dedicated time when I pay attention to the details. I have all the equipment and titles that might be required for the test as well as the other Fanatec gear that might be required for a comparison test. I like Fanatec but I equally respect all other brands so I will be fare and honest in my review.

Also I do run a website/forum with my friends/members (who are very experienced and great racers) dedicated to sim-racing. I believe that it definitely adds to an experience. The link to the website can be found in my signature.

Reviews:
I have not yet done any reviews, mostly short write ups regarding different hardware. A small review of a CSR Elite wheel can be found at my cockpit page given above.

I wish Fanatec, Christiaan and all guys that applied best of luck and challenging competition as this wheel deserves it.

Last edited:
amf7
This is going to be a tough vote now!

Who said it needs to be easy? ;)

So 10 out of 10 people now. Of anyone else wants to apply and think they have better qualifications then what they think is the worst application of the 10 people above, then please feel free to apply still. However above 10 applications it means I will have to pick 10 people my self that I think are best suited for round 3. So ehm... I can be bribed. Kidding! ;)

Driving style:
Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally

Favourite Games (and platforms):
iRacing, netKar Pro, rFactor2, CARS, GT5, F1 2011, RBR

Current gear:
Gaming PC
PS3
XBOX 360
ButtKicker Gamer 2
43" Triple Screen Setup
Playseat
Logitech G27
GoPro HD Hero2

USA

I don't really have any track racing experience, but I've always loved motor sports and I've been sim racing for over three years and spend almost all my free time doing it. I've also done a decent amount of autocross racing and have used the OMP Superturismo, OMP Corisca and Sparco 375, which are similar to the BMW rim. Sim racing has definitely helped with autocross and autocross has helped with sim racing so I think the experience in both will be beneficial when testing these products. With my work schedule I have almost unlimited time to test so I would be able to commit a lot of time to deliver a highly detailed and thorough review. I have experience using the G25, G27, Fanatec 911 GT3 and Thrustmaster GT500RS and would contribute a completely unbiased review including high quality photos and video. I also just purchased a GoPro HD Hero2 so I can film some awesome first-person videos of the wheel in action. The possible camera angles with the GoPro provide a unique perspective of the wheel in action.

I haven't participated in any product reviews in the past, but I've already started doing research to figure out the most important aspects for the review and will put in the work to provide the in-depth information potential customers will be looking for. I know the amount of comprehensive research I do any time I'm searching for a product and I know how beneficial unbiased and detailed reviews are so I'll do my best to deliver that. If I get this opportunity I would also be completely open to questions and requests to help provide any specific information people are looking for. I might not have the most experience, but I'll definitely put in the time and effort to deliver a review that covers everything you want to know about these products and more. The sim racing community has always been super helpful and it would be awesome to get this opportunity to be a part of that and contribute to the product development.

Alright a little more then 8 hours till the closing bell with currently 11 people.

Hmm this guy that just posted has posted in a lot of forums including the one I'm running...

That will be sorted out during the election I guess. I think it is a community test and the voters know exactly who is active part of this community and who is not.

But I agree with you that this has a bit of a taste.

Hey, I just wanted to say I'm definitely not trying to be shady or anything. I found out about this opportunity through reading a lot of forums and blogs, but unfortunately, I'm not really active in many forums. I would definitely put in a lot of time and effort and I think people might enjoy and get a unique perspective from the GoPro videos so I wanted to apply for the chance. Definitely appreciate the opportunity so thank you.

Sign me up. I have some design experience and SCCA Auto-X experience also. I play GT5 mostly, but use to be more of PC Sim with Grand Prix II, CART Precision Racing, some Rally games and play a little of Iracing. My list of equipment's are Logitech Driving Force GT.

Photos of my RIGG: Click here.

Radracing
Sign me up. I have some design experience and SCCA Auto-X experience also. I play GT5 mostly, but use to be more of PC Sim with Grand Prix II, CART Precision Racing, some Rally games and play a little of Iracing. My list of equipment's are Logitech Driving Force GT.

Photos of my RIGG: Click here.

Read the OP and apply properly please.

A little more then an hour before closing.

Radracing, please send in a proper application before I close this thread or I will not count you in. An example is in the OP and the other 11 applicants above you.

Since the Radracing wasn't able to fill in a proper application form as requested, he will be excluded from participation in round 3. The reasoning for this is as follows. Even though I asked him after 3 minutes of his post and a little more again 1 hour before closing, he didn't reply in time. Also I will have to base my decision on his first impression, which is that he wasn't able to diligently read the OP and apply like the 11 other participants before him (thus had enough examples) thus I can not trust in him to diligently test the products with sincerity and accuracy so that the consumers can enjoy a more finished product.

Also I like to note that I asked special permission to include the 11th person who also diligently was able to apply in a proper manner. So all 11 will go to the next round where there will be a most democratic decision made, namely by all of the people on GTplanet.net.

Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back