Fido's PhotoZone ||| [Avr 22] Dakar 2003

That's an awesome set! :drool: I love the tones and I think you've got the saturation just perfect. 👍 :)

That's a real nice Chevy set!!! I can almost hear the engine roar. Gorgeous photos :drool: And there's a great panning mode 1 in there.

BkS
[Hey you! Yeah! You!!
Thanks a nice Chevy Z28 you got there. :sly: Awesome photos dude, some perhaps a little dull, but you've definitely got the realism down. 👍
Awesome shots , Fido !!! :drool::drool::drool:
That's an awesome set! :drool: I love the tones and I think you've got the saturation just perfect. 👍 :)
SVX
Toning is perfectly spot on. :drool:
Awesome, just awesome!
QFT. :drool:
Amazing work Fido, especially considering the editing software you use. :bowdown:
That's a real nice Chevy set!!! I can almost hear the engine roar. Gorgeous photos :drool: And there's a great panning mode 1 in there.
Thanks a lot for all the nice comments guys! :)

Excellent work, BMW and WV are my favorites in the fototravel collection, also very good job with the Z28, but... What is that red thing in the headlights :lol:

The Crossfire! :drool:
I nearly bought it last week, but thought it looks too ugly.....now I regret it! :grumpy:

Great sets Fido! 👍
Especially some of those randoms and the Camaro set! Awesome:drool:👍

Excellent work, BMW and WV are my favorites in the fototravel collection, also very good job with the Z28, but... What is that red thing in the headlights :lol:
wow great pics but how did you make front headlights red ?
The Crossfire! :drool:
I nearly bought it last week, but thought it looks too ugly.....now I regret it! :grumpy:
Great sets Fido! 👍
Especially some of those randoms and the Camaro set! Awesome:drool:👍
Fantastic work on the Chevy shots and nice job on making that horrible looking car look almost premium!
I love the Chevy Z28 set!!! the tone makes it nostalgic
Good work!
Thank you all for all the comments ! :)
About the red headlights, I know they are a little odd but like I said, I wanted to do a replica of the '69 Sunoco Camaro which had a red thing over the headlights. I don't know what it was for and if it only had an aesthetic purpose. Have a look at these pics to see the real car :

Hi everyone !
After a little break, it's time for an update again.
And I think this one will please a certain Mitchy that hangs out around here...

RUF :D
I took these pics for the German VS. Italy PMC comp so most of you have already seen this car (and probably even voted for it) :P
So basically, nothing more to add. That car is amazingly fast and also very tail happy.
Since I'm lacking inspiration today, I'll just let you watch the set :D

Did you enjoy it?
As always, C&C would be nice.
On a related note, this set will soon be available for R3M!X.
Just let me upload it to mediafire and it should be on Garrett's thread in a few days.

You know you will always get me with shots from a RUF aka. Porsche! :dopey:👍

But this set, well, I think I havent seen a better and bigger BTR set yet! Mind-boggling work Fido! 👍

Truely awesome photos Fido. There's so many I like, that I'm just going to favourite all of them. :D

Oh and congrats on getting Explored! =]

You know you will always get me with shots from a RUF aka. Porsche! :dopey:👍
But this set, well, I think I havent seen a better and bigger BTR set yet! Mind-boggling work Fido! 👍
I knew I'll make you come here with this little RUF set :D
I don't think it's the best BTR set out there though but I appreciate the comment nonetheless 👍
Awesome Work, Thomas!
Simply love the RUF.
It's just sooooo raw and powerful.
Thanks Pascal.
Agreed on the raw and powerful part. That car is crazy! :scared:
BkS
Truely awesome photos Fido. There's so many I like, that I'm just going to favourite all of them. :D
Oh and congrats on getting Explored! =]
Thanks my friend!
The Explored thing stunned me as well.
Never expected that^^

Hi guys !
I hope you got plenty of eggs today and had a nice Easter Day.
It's time for a PhotoZone update!
This time featuring a Formula One World Champion who recently resumed his F1 career :

Kimi Räikkönen.
Since the Ice Man is back in F1, I thought it would be cool to do a special set for him.
It isn't my favorite F1 driver but he was almost the only one to have a car in GT5 so... :D
I'm not particularly fan of Kimi, especially because of his reputation of being an unsmilling guy but still, he is a great driver and so, he deserves a spot in my gallery :D
So let's head back to 2007. The year he became F1 Champion.
On this update, we'll get back to five Grand Prix and see how Kimi did back then.

--------------------------------

Kimi started the season with a victory in the opening GP at Albert Park and 3rd place in Malaysia and Bahrain. Following an abandon at Barcelona, he wanted to get back on his feet at Monaco. However, he crashed during the qualifying and started the race 16th on the starting grid.
During the race, he was able to move up the field and eventually finished 8th, scoring one little championship point. Point that proved essential later in the season...

After Monaco, Ice Man finished 5th at Montreal and was 4th in the championship before the US Grand Prix at Indy.
Kimi qualified 4th but at the first turn of the race, he got slowed down by a crash. During the race, he was never able to catch the two McLaren of Hamilton and Alonso and eventually ended up 4th, just behind his teammate Felipe Massa.

Fortunately, Räikkönen scored two wins in France and at Silverstone. He was 3rd in the championship before the European GP at the Nürburgring.
Weather was cloudy that weekend but Kimi still managed to take the pole on a dry track.
The race started on the dry as well but heavy rain started to fall during the first lap, resulting in a massive chaos. A lot of cars started to spin and all of them went back to the pits to put on wet tyres. All but Kimi who made a mistake before the last turn and slipped wide on the track, missing the pit entry! He had to do an extra lap on dry tyres and lost all chances of winning the Grand Prix. The weather became so bad that the race was red flagged and restarted 15 minutes later. Unfortunately, as he was third and catching up on the leaders, Kimi was forced to retire because of an hydraulics problem on his car.
He went back to 4th place in the championship after this GP.

After this debacle, Räikkönen finished the season with very good results, starting with two 2nd place in Hungary and Turkey.
Then came the Italian Grand Prix at Monza.
Qualifying went ok for the Ice Man as he managed to take the 5th place on the grid. At the start of the race, Kimi gained a position immediately thanks to a great start. He eventually took the third position when his teammate Massa was forced to retire due to a suspension failure. Kimi briefly took the lead when Alonso pitted and after hiw own pit stop, Hamilton re-took the second place after a daring move at turn 1. The finn eventually took the third place of the race after a nice GP.

One week later, the Formula One circus was at the beautiful Spa Circuit for the Belgian Grand Prix. This weekend would prove particularly good for Räikkönen. During the Qualifying, he beat Massa's time to take the pole, allowing the front row for the Ferraris.
Kimi led the race from start to end, securing an easy victory for him.
However, he was still 3rd in the championship with only three races to go...

But, you know how the story ends. Thanks to a difficult end of the season for Alonso and Hamilton, Kimi won his first (and yet only) F1 Title by finishing 3rd at Fuji and 1st in China and Brazil.
And remember that little point won at Monaco five months before? It was thanks to that one point that Kimi won the Championship, defeating both Hamilton and Alonso by a single point (110 VS 109).
The 2007 F1 season was one of the greatest with an awesome suspenseful ending.

Kimi finished 3rd in 2008 and 6th in 2009 before retiring from F1 and pursuing a WRC career with Citroën. However, in 2012, he is back with the legendary Lotus Team and doing OK so far.
We'll see how the season unfolds for the Ice Man.

--------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this update.
I must say I spent quite a few times reading Wikipedia pages to get things right.
Thanks for the kind comments about the previous update and start making new ones !

This is one of the best pictures I have ever seen. Realism and the balanced editing just make it one of the best of the best.

Well done, Thomas! 👍

Thanks a lot guys ! I'm glad you like it !

@ Pascal : I'm surprised this shot is your favorite. I spent ages trying to get rid of some awful artifacts in the sky. I almost decided not to put it in the set.

Thanks my friend ;)
Too bad Massa isn't as good as he was a couple of years ago.
Things aren't looking too good for him right now :/

Yes, after the Hungarian Grand Prix crash he seemed to be not as good as he was, but actually, he might have won at least one championship (2008)

Back