*EASY* things for PD to implement in GT5

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 550 comments
hazellnut134
Tsukuba Wet from GT4 was left out- maybe include it as a permanently wet track, or change weather.

That would be cool just like High Speed Ring wet I'll like that and they should bring back SS Route 5 wet also

Some more thoughts:

Fix the ECU bug: Anyone notice how you can slap an ECU on just about any car in the game, regardless of year? I didn't know that the old Dodge Challenger came with that back in 1970. The first engine control module wasn't introduced on a consumer car until December 1980 when Motorola unveiled one for Ford. I don't think it would be terribly difficult at all to introduce a rule so that the ECU upgrade is not available for any car prior to 1981. The problem I guess lies with the people who already have such cars with ECU and how that would be approached. Other than that, easy fix. Right now, it's a free 30 horses.

Similar engines: I find it interesting how I can get more horsepower out of a 97' Civic Type R than the 98' Type R when they are the EXACT SAME ENGINE! Same thing with the CRX, Del Sol and the Civic SIR II (B16A1). All of those cars have the exact same powerplant yet the horsepower difference when fully tuned is over 100 horsepower. Perhaps a bit too picky but something that really bugs me. This is what happens when you have so many variants of the same freakin' car!

Reduce horsepower gains from oil change: I am a Honda tech as well as a ODU student studying Motorsports Engineering and I can tell you that there is NO WAY that someone can gain anything more than 10 horses simply by changing the oil; even that is pushing it a bit. Yes, it is true that by going to say AMSOIL, Royal Purple or other performance oil from a conventional blend you can pick up an extra 5 horsepower. Expensive as hell it is, but the chemical makeup of the racing synthetic stuff will be a bit better then compared to the regular Mobil 1 you can pick up at AutoZone (which I use religiously). That equals less friction and heat which = more horsepower. Still, even so, you're only getting about 4 horses at best which is very marginal and I don't think that justifies the extra $20. Another factor to consider is viscosity. A lower viscosity oil is thinner and therefore produces less friction through fluid drag than a thicker oil thus more power. Again however, don't expect to see anything substantial from going from 5w30 to 5w20 or even 5w40 to 5w20 although it will help a bit in cold weather.

The HP gains from oil changes makes it more of a game. It's always been that way. GT has always had arcade factors like that. Cars are difficult to flip over and you have to figure out ways to end up rolling one over. There are reasons for that. Damage, the way crashes are and were like in the past. Rubber-band trick come to mind? They've changed that last year, so the oil thing might change too.

Add ghosts to the AMG driving academy. Would be a great way to focus on improving sections of the Nurb, even if you've already golded them. I still remember how disappointed I was when I discovered ghosts were disabled for these events. Seemed pretty cruel and spiteful thing for PD to do for us first-time players who wanted to learn the track.

-Assign someone with knowledge of the english language, to read certain forums and pick up good ideas to improve the game.
-Then hire some extra programmers to get the job done.

Hope this ends up on top of the wishlist ;)

The HP gains from oil changes makes it more of a game. It's always been that way. GT has always had arcade factors like that. Cars are difficult to flip over and you have to figure out ways to end up rolling one over. There are reasons for that. Damage, the way crashes are and were like in the past. Rubber-band trick come to mind? They've changed that last year, so the oil thing might change too.

In what sense? I don't see any logic to the 'it's always been like that, leave it alone' argument. What if PD took that attitude to everything. Oh the physics have always been so-so, let's leave them alone.

Actually if their serious about trying to set different cars into seperate classes they may want to start thinking of getting rid of HP gain/losses.
Its hard enough to try to regulate cars to a similar class, without having a variable value thrown into the mix.

Just my thoughts.

Loads of great ideas here!

I'll add on I just posted in the feedback section as well:

Custom A-spec races

Allow players to create their own A-spec challenges with appropriate rewards.

Options should include (at least):

Car choice: Manufacturer, Country, Drivetrain, Weight, Power, Year, Normal/Racecar, Modified/unmodified, PP, Tyres.

Track choice: Track, Weather conditions, Time of day, number of laps, fuel useage, tire wear, time change.

AI Opponents (randomly chosen within set conditions):

-Average range below PP/Weight/Power limitations (0%-5%, 5%-10%, 10%-20%)

-Tyres used by AI

Rewards would be automatically determined based on number of laps and chosen "range" for opponents. A 5 lap race with the most competitive opponent-range should award slightly less than a 5 lap seasonal (to prevent seasonals becoming obsolete). More laps would cause a linear increase in rewards.

Custom races should be saveable and shareable.

Actually if their serious about trying to set different cars into seperate classes they may want to start thinking of getting rid of HP gain/losses.
Its hard enough to try to regulate cars to a similar class, without having a variable value thrown into the mix.

Just my thoughts.

I agree, does not make any better the game. We're just losing so MUCH time in GTauto. (either wash, oil, chassis or engine swap)

For online free roam they should add a race start countdown that you can activate with the push of a button. You know how when you're drag racing in a free roam lobby online and you can start at the exact same time as your racing buddies, this would prevent that from happening. Maybe once the button is activated, all the participating racers would automatically snap to a preset, nearby grid so that they all line up.

The one thing that would make me very happy is the real V8 Muscle Car engine growl after you add racing exhaust. Next would be to have the wheels that you buy available to your other cars like in previous GTs. Wheels by MFGs like previous GTs. Stop the standard vs. premium cars so all mods like aero, carbon fiber hoods and wheels are available for all cars. Lastly bring back some of our favorite tracks like Midfield, Apricot Hill & Seattle.

Some more thoughts:

Fix the ECU bug: Anyone notice how you can slap an ECU on just about any car in the game, regardless of year? I didn't know that the old Dodge Challenger came with that back in 1970. The first engine control module wasn't introduced on a consumer car until December 1980 when Motorola unveiled one for Ford. I don't think it would be terribly difficult at all to introduce a rule so that the ECU upgrade is not available for any car prior to 1981. The problem I guess lies with the people who already have such cars with ECU and how that would be approached. Other than that, easy fix. Right now, it's a free 30 horses.

You can put an ECU on just about any car in real life from simple monitoring modules and data loggers to full blown injection conversions so having a ECU upgrade for every car in the game does make sense in that regard it should cost more to add that upgrade to a car which was too old for a ECU to be fitted as standard.

I was at a motorshow back in 97 I believe where there was a Rolls-Royce Meteor engine converted to full sequential injection via two ECU's, not sure what the intended use of the engine was but it was still impressive.

Couldn't see this on the list, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd like the timing sheet for the tracks to not include the same car.

For example I do some testing on Spa with the FGT. I set 10 lap times, all slightly better then the last. I then look on my timing sheet (the screen before you enter the track, you can change your driving options and settings on this screen) and it shows me 10 times, all from my FGT. I'd like this not to happen, it should only show my best time.

GranTurismo916
Change the AI on seasonal races.

I agree to a certain point. When the A-spec Nurburgring seasonal came out, I was getting frustrated by the AI - it seemed the cars were all over the course, taking different racing lines and holding you up from passing. I just kept racing it a bunch of times, and eventually got a feel for what the cars would do at certain parts of the course. Now I just zoom right by them with no problems.

Put a damn pitstop penalty online on every track (especially Sarthe) for not slowing down before entering pits. Only a few tracks have this penalty (where the pit crew all have their hands raised and they are obviously finished but you are still stuck in the pits for 5 extra seconds)

Daytona at night, and a 24hr Daytona Road Course with weather change, plus the AMA Superbike Circuit at Daytona.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Daytona_International_Speedway_-_Moto_Course.png

Daytona uses full lighting on the oval for the Coke Zero 400, but only 20% for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

Also, add a double yellow line around the edge of the apron. A 2011-spec surface may be on the limits of being easy, but is very doable. (the NEXTEL logos would be replaced with SPRINT logos to reflect the change)

Is it easy for them to somehow add a deadzone option for the GT wheel / pedals ???

I want 5% deadzone to try to combat a sticky brake pedal....very frustrating pulling the pedals apart, cleaning them and putting them together again.....thats time i should be driving !!

I would like them to disable the Start race button/option in rooms designated as free run rooms.

It is already disabled from normal participants but I would like them to disable it from the host aswell.

That way there wouldn't be any accidental races, or in case the original host leaves, the noob next in line can't just jump in his X1 and start a race.

I host rooms myself every once in a while, usually marked "Free run, no race" and in several cases I have been extremely close of starting an accidental race when trying to write a message either when waiting in the pits or using the pause menu to reply to someone.

Couldn't see this on the list, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd like the timing sheet for the tracks to not include the same car.

For example I do some testing on Spa with the FGT. I set 10 lap times, all slightly better then the last. I then look on my timing sheet (the screen before you enter the track, you can change your driving options and settings on this screen) and it shows me 10 times, all from my FGT. I'd like this not to happen, it should only show my best time.

This. Or at the very least allow us to individually delete a lap time on the sheet. And maybe include an option at that screen to see a larger timing sheet with 50 or 100 or more lap times.

Please excuse me if this has been said before. But how about the garage filters staying active through the sections so it wont have to keep re-sorting them? Maybe keeping garage sorted when you leave until restart? This must be more difficult than it appears as it seems like such a no-brainer
http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/18386047.jpg

Back