◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Ah, now you know my pain, Rally. The DFGT has the same 900˚ rotation.

(I should add that I love it for racing, but it's tough for drifting.)

Last edited:
I'm starting to feel it. I think my issue is now relearning throttle and brake control. Everything feels different on this wheel, but Im kinda getting the hang of it. I got a feeling I'll be able to drift much better with this wheel then my old one. Once I get the hang of it anyway. It is way better for racing though! Like nuts better! Better watch out guys, I'm gunning for some podiums. The accuracy and control is outstanding. No wonder I couldn't keep up. Hitting the apex doesn't feel like a crap shot anymore. Shame I gotta sit in D2 for the next race series.

Hey. Just wanted to give a heads up. I'm retiring from S.N.A.I.L Racing series. Its just not for me.:guilty:

I'm gonna try my hand back to where I originated in Rally racing.
picture.php

I wish you all the best and hope great things come from your series. Those in the series who have me added can delete me to make room for people who are seriously interested in the series.

Hey. Just wanted to give a heads up. I'm retiring from S.N.A.I.L Racing series. Its just not for me.:guilty:

I'm gonna try my hand back to where I originated in Rally racing.
picture.php

I wish you all the best and hope great things come from your series. Those in the series who have me added can delete me to make room for people who are seriously interested in the series.

Before you officially quit, I think you and I should talk about things first. You are fast fast enough for Division 1 and we all know it. There are a bad habit we need to break you from and a couple of minor things about your driving & racing just needs a little refinement. That's all, honest. I'm willing to work with you on them, if you are willing to re-learn what you "think" you already know. Rally racing is not the same as grip, or even drift, they are completely different disciplines and require a different approach to driving, which you have down - for the most part. You like 95% ready to go, just need to teach you the last 5%. You are so close!

Look man, bottom line is no one here denies how fast you are. I watched your races from this past Sunday, and I seen incredible decisions in racing - VERY IMPRESSIVE!! Are you really going to just turn away from learning something different that will potentially improve you as a driver? It's your choice, but I hate to see you give up simply because of 2 bad weeks. If you give me an honest 2 weeks, I can give you that last 5%. If by the end of the 2 weeks, you still feel SNAIL is not for you, I'll respect decision. I don't make this offer to everyone, so what do you say?

If Zero decides not to hold official races Sunday night, maybe instead all of us who would like to race could get together and still hold some kind of session. I was thinking maybe mini enduros on the track/car combos. with each round being one race instead of qualifying and 2 races. we can do reverse grid and skip qualifying after the first race.

dirtythursday.png

Fear not, racers, for Dirty Thursday is upon us. (10pm Eastern, 9pm Central Starting 12 Apr 2012)

***Team Cat & Mouse***

1. Format:

-Room will be divided into two different color teams via a "Shootout" which is a one-lap one-make no-rules race at a "random" circuit. Odd finishers will be a team, and even finishers will be a team. Each team will select one driver to act as "mouse" and all other drivers will act as "cats." Cars to be used will be selected from the Recommended List and added to this thread prior to event time. Cats will be fast cars, and mice will be slow cars, very slow cars.

-I will change the track each race "randomly" from a predermined list which will be added to this post prior to event time, and the number of laps will depend on track length.

-All driving Aids will be set to "off", except ABS, and all tire compounds will be allowed. (Racing Soft highly recommended. 👍) Grip reduction will be set to "low" to allow mice a better chance of escaping when forced off-course. Starting grid will be set to "reverse finish order" for all races.

-Your team's objective is to get your mouse across the finish line by any means necessary. Communication and division of labor are KEY!

-In the event that there are an odd number of drivers in the room, one person will serve as a "Bulldog." This player will select a car of a different color than either team, and serve as an extra attacker on whichever mouse is currently in the lead.

-After each race, teams may change the player acting as mouse.

2. Rules:

-Team whose mouse crosses the finish line first wins.

-Cats may not drive backwards from a trailing lap to the leading lap, and may not drive forward from the leading lap to a trailing lap. This creates problems with the finish. (If you're in last, you should not be going backwards toward the pack, and if you're in first, you should not be going forwards toward the pack.)

-Any mouse that is forced into the pits by the opposing team automatically forfeits the race.

-Any mouse that is lapped by the opposing team's mouse automatically forfeits the race. In the event of a lapped mouse, teams may be considered uneven and redivided via another Shootout. This will be left up to the losing team.

-No crying! Whaaaaaambulances are very expensive. :grumpy:

Car list:

Cats: Nissan GT-R '07, Audi R8 FSI quattro '09, GT by Citroën Road Car, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08, Mine's R34 N1

Mice: Suzuki Swift Sport '07, Peugeot 207 GTI '08

Track list:

Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
Daytona Road Course
Fuji Speedway F
Fuji Speedway GT
Indianapolis Road Course
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Nurburgring GP/D
Nurburgring GP/F
Suzuka Circuit
Tsukuba Circuit
Autumn Ring / Reverse
Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse
Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Grand Valley Speedway East / Reverse
Trial Mountain / Reverse
Cote d' Azur

Notes:

Last edited:
Rallywagon
If Zero decides not to hold official races Sunday night, maybe instead all of us who would like to race could get together and still hold some kind of session. I was thinking maybe mini enduros on the track/car combos. with each round being one race instead of qualifying and 2 races. we can do reverse grid and skip qualifying after the first race.

I'd be into that. I just want to race Sunday.

Easter Sunday is a time for family. Hard to justify playing the game to my wife! (hopefully that keeps the giggling down)

PS: I've got an idea for a banner for Diabolic Friday. It looks a bit satanic at the moment and if it goes south...Which it poetically will, May I call on the one called Dude for guidance?

Last edited:
I wont lie, that is what I read first, I did have to reread that line. The part of my family that makes easter important to me is with her mother, so after some family time earlier in the day, I'll be free to race afterwards. Besides, 10pm is a little late of a little tike to be up anyway.

Easter Sunday is a time for family.

This is basically my take. The odds are that I'll be at home in time for racing Sunday night, but it just wouldn't feel like it was the right thing to do. Hence my response that I'll likely not be racing.

It's official. Sunday's races are cancelled. I wanted to see if we were going to have a higher than usual number of absences and that is indeed what we will have. Therefore, everyone who wants to race on Sunday just meet in the Division 1 lounge, regardless of what division you're in. Rally will host the session, which will start at the usual time. No points will be recorded and no elimination votes will be cast. I'll update the line-up later tonight with the new cars and tracks and the dates they will be used.

That being said, all of the other events will remain unchanged. For example, tonight's practice races are still on as scheduled. 👍

Have I told you guys yet just how amazing the g27 is? Jeez! I will tell you ds3 guys. You are really missing out. Like really! Imagine if cyborgs used wheels! They would need their own division. Just going from my old wheel to this is insane! Yep. Fiancée is going to hate this purchase.

Have I told you guys yet just how amazing the g27 is? Jeez! I will tell you ds3 guys. You are really missing out. Like really! Imagine if cyborgs used wheels! They would need their own division. Just going from my old wheel to this is insane! Yep. Fiancée is going to hate this purchase.

I do love the pedals, but mine are from a G25. I'm running a Fanatec CSR now, and it feels about the same, quality wise, as the G25.

Wednesday night schedule

9pm Central Standard Time
Rather than 2 different hours and styles, we will be running a simulated Sunday lineup including qualifying but open to all divisions. See you all tonight

Back