PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
Or yeah, even easier is this:

Your first flying lap must start before [deadline time (maybe around 2:30?)] total race time as displayed on the timing.

Splitting hairs.. splitting hairs.. Just go guys!! 👍

Eddies idea is bullet proof. Go with that one! 👍

Splitting hairs.. splitting hairs.. Just go guys!! 👍
But I like splitting hairs. :P

Honestly, I don't see why we're opposed to 100% surface water, 100% weather and 0% change for qualifying. Yes, you have poor visibility, but other than that, the track remains constant.

In retrospect, I would have lobbied at the start of the season to race Monza with 100% rain with Spa being the one with variable weather. Oh well.

Helll yeah, if Spa has variable weather but dry qualifying I'd be quite bloody well chuffed.

I just used my Indianapolis tune (which was 2.345 seconds off the pace of fastest lap at Indy) to get a rough idea of what that tune can do here. I understand it's apples and oranges, but I just managed a 2:12.328 on my second flier which is 3 seconds behind outlaw's 2:09.3 in the wet.

I had originally started out with my Nuerburgring -- sorry my phone doesn't have umlauts -- tune and only managed a 2:15.xxx. Which was 2.975 seconds off of pace there. Granted that means nothing here... and I'm rambling on and have lost the point of this post. :dunce:

Last edited:
Helll yeah, if Spa has variable weather but dry qualifying I'd be quite bloody well chuffed.

My whole thought for weather tracks this season was to match them with the real life weather forecast. It just happens to be raining at Monza on Saturday so here we are. And about qualifying, it only makes sense to qualify in the same conditions you are racing in. (plus it's raining all week in Monza anyway...)

Room settings are set. Let's just go... :)

The race info sheet will be posted tomorrow.

I just used my Indianapolis tune (which was 2.345 seconds off the pace of fastest lap at Indy) to get a rough idea of what that tune can do here. I understand it's apples and oranges, but I just managed a 2:12.328 on my second flier which is 3 seconds behind outlaw's 2:09.3 in the wet.

I had originally started out with my Nuerburgring -- sorry my phone doesn't have umlauts -- tune and only managed a 2:15.xxx. Which was 2.975 seconds off of pace there. Granted that means nothing here... and I'm rambling on and have lost the point of this post. :dunce:
To entertain, maybe? :lol:

It's always good to experiment with different settings. Sometimes, one fits most tracks while others are specific to one or two. With Monza, my current tune is based on concepts that I haven't used in quite a while.
My whole thought for weather tracks this season was to match them with the real life weather forecast. It just happens to be raining at Monza on Saturday so here we are. And about qualifying, it only makes sense to qualify in the same conditions you are racing in. (plus it's raining all week in Monza anyway...)

Room settings are set. Let's just go... :)

The race info sheet will be posted tomorrow.
I'm assuming final room settings will accompany the info sheet? My mind's a mixed salad right now. :lol: :dunce:

Race settings are kind of on the sheet except for the surface water, which you should know and I can remind you Saturday if needed. (I'll have access to the app) I put a nice note at the top of the qualifying input sheet for qualifying track settings.

And about qualifying, it only makes sense to qualify in the same conditions you are racing in. (plus it's raining all week in Monza anyway...)

...so why does the sun break through just when we're about to qualify :sly:

I really don't mind how we qualify, but to hear things like 'bullet-proof', 'fair' and 'equal' (not sure if that was used ;)) would lead me to believe that the best way to run qualifying would be Surface 100%, Weather 100%, Change 0, so it wouldn't matter how long you were on track for qualifying as it will always be 100% surface water. Therefore, just like a dry track is 'Always' 0%. If however, we want to replicate real life, then set the track conditions relevant to live weather at the time each person decides to run his qualifier :ouch: ;)

I guess I'm just stirring the pot some more here, but either way, I'm looking forward to it, especially with variable weather and tyre options for the race :D

Just no fiddling around on your out lap is good enough for me. Weaving to warm tires isn't going to do much good when the track is soaked, you'll probably just spin out. (in which case you would be forced to restart)

Just go out and do your thing.

Who's Jenson?

button_2177936b.jpg

"It's raining?!?" :embarrassed:

Who's Jenson?
9.8 on a dirty lap, but I could do it clean, I was on a junk setup. Outlaw is in the 9.3s

Cool, yeah I ment Jenson Button cause I know you like racing in the rain ;), I'll need to get somelaps in laps in later anyone gona be on ?

Cool, yeah I ment Jenson Button cause I know you like racing in the rain ;), I'll need to get somelaps in laps in later anyone gona be on ?

Yeah. When you gonna be on? I ran a few laps earlier and did a 2:08.8. Might need to grap a rain tune from someone though!

I've just opened a room 1472 - 6118 -3916 -1738 -1205

I've left that room pretty sure it's closed

Last edited:
Hoping to actually get on for the first time in weeks tonight. Anyone have a good tune for the rain yet?

Here's my not-so-special setup. Essentially, it's values that I had used in the past for other series.

pngcarsetup.php

This tune requires proper brake/throttle application through corners. If it's still too loose, bump up the dampers to 3/5 - 5/3.

Wait. What?

So it's 50% surface water 50% weather 0 change, or 50% surface water 0% weather 0 change? :confused:

Are you serious? Where did you get that? :lol:

Qualifying - 0% weather, 0 change, 100% surface.

Race - 50% weather, 0 change, 30% surface.

Back