◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,851 comments
Those who were in D2 last week would have noticed that I was not running the color shifting orange with black rims. Too many orange cars in D1 so I switched it up. I will now be running GT Polarized 001 for the body color and red for the rim color.

I wanted to use that color too, but I couldn't find a way to duplicate any of the colors that started with a "GT" (they can't be gifted). If you've found a way to do that, then the color is all yours. However, please confirm that you are able to duplicate the color before I update the list.

Matte Blue and white rims.

your color has been updated.

AJK-VAIL, please pick any shade of blue other than matte blue.

*Zero, I will be using the Red/Silver Color Scheme as you asked above.*

M3GTR Challenge by cmbeal317, on Flickr

M3 GTR Race Car Challenge
Date and Time:

Saturday April 07, 2012
10:00pm to approx. 11:00pm EDT

Car:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car ‘01
If you do not own the car it is available in the OCD for 1,000,000 cr.

Race:
20 Laps of Autodromo Nazionale Monza
We will be running the usual league regulations for no tuning and the restriction of certain driving aids. We will start with 20 minutes of practice/qualifying at 10pm EDT. The room will be limited to 14 people, and the usual policy on mics will be in effect. I do have a mic, though I usually don’t use it as it has the ear clip and bothers me to use it. After seeing that the Saturday endurance races have unfortunately been canceled I am weighing the possibility of turning this into a cup series of around 7 or 8 races. These would all be around 40 minutes each for the races, with 20 minutes of practice/qualifying.

After the completion of the race the track will be open for anyone that wants to stay and have an open track day.

cmbeal, this looks great! I've updated the schedule to include your event on Saturday night.

I wanted to use that color too, but I couldn't find a way to duplicate any of the colors that started with a "GT" (they can't be gifted). If you've found a way to do that, then the color is all yours. However, please confirm that you are able to duplicate the color before I update the list.

your color has been updated.

AJK-VAIL, please pick any shade of blue other than matte blue.

I am not able to dupe the color. I can however create a car a day in the color and never run out of paint chips.

However you do it, that color is freakin' sweet.

*cue Diabolic's Peter Griffin impersonation*

I am not able to dupe the color. I can however create a car a day in the color and never run out of paint chips.

Create a car a day, or dupe a car a day in the DLC color?

And it may sound semantic, but I've never done it because I thought you had to paint the car, gift the car, and then shut down without saving (same as duping). That would preserve the chip.

But, the way I read your comment, the DLC chips regenerate themselves every day. If that is the case... well.. awesome. I thought it was epically stupid that you only got one chip as part of a DLC.

I thought it was epically stupid that you only got one chip as part of a DLC.
Super quote status. Most quoted post of the day.
I agree. I got it twice on accident, ass well as the tc cars. :ouch:
Bright side to this is that I dont have to wonder just what one of the GT colors would look like on a car, cause I have a back up.

btw, the duping that bowler is doing isnt quite duping. its car trading. see here what I mean. Good idea, glad I still have all of my colors. Its an Involved process, but it would go along with my daily dupe routine anyway.

BTW, Im trying to recruit some more people. Just met them online today. Turns out we all are from or grew up around the same areas. One kid disc golfs at the same course I do in Lansing. Anyway. Gonna see if I can get them on board, the would fit with this group. One of them is a cyborg in training with his weird ds3 method.

However you do it, that color is freakin' sweet.

*cue Diabolic's Peter Griffin impersonation*

"Dad, what's the blow-hole for?"
"I'll tell you what its not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never return to Sea World."

hehehehe hehe hehe he.... I'm funny.

Date and Time:

Saturday April 07, 2012

Car:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car ‘01

Race:
We will be running the usual league regulations for no tuning and the restriction of certain driving aids. We will start with 20 minutes of practice/qualifying at 10pm EDT. The room will be limited to 14 people, and the usual policy on mics will be in effect. I do have a mic, though I usually don’t use it as it has the ear clip and bothers me to use it. After seeing that the Saturday endurance races have unfortunately been canceled I am weighing the possibility of turning this into a cup series of around 7 or 8 races. These would all be around 40 minutes each for the races, with 20 minutes of practice/qualifying.

After the completion of the race the track will be open for anyone that wants to stay and have an open track day.

*Update*
I forgot earlier to include that we will be running two different tire compounds tomorrow night. They are Racing Hard and Racing Medium. There will be a mandatory pit stop during the race and you will be required to use both compounds.

Updated this to include the tire regulations I had forgot to add in the beginning. Hope to see a good crowd tomorrow night!:)

Updated this to include the tire regulations I had forgot to add in the beginning. Hope to see a good crowd tomorrow night!:)

I dont' think I can make Saturdays. I am surprised I"m making Sundays. But...

if you want to do a cup series, you could do it with an RM. No real advantage, save everyone could paint and number them.

Oh, to add to the paint list, Zero, if it ever matters I'll take number 3.

I dont' think I can make Saturdays. I am surprised I"m making Sundays. But...

if you want to do a cup series, you could do it with an RM. No real advantage, save everyone could paint and number them.

That's not a problem if you can't make it, to be honest it was a little short notice any way.

I never really thought of using an RM car, though they do have the advantages of letting everyone choose color and numbers. I really don't want to change the whole event right now, but seeing as this will serve as a test to see if interest in running a Cup series. Perhaps we could run the RM VW Golf GTI IV and have a multi-class race. I still want to run just the M3 tomorrow night for the official race, but instead of having an open track day for the remainder of the night, we could experiment running both cars alongside each other.

Then if we start the series, we could have two classes running alongside each other. They would be separate from each other, with a total of 7 cars in each series to meet the max of 14 cars. If enough people want to run the both cars, then we could do the Golf the first hour and the M3 the second hour. I would keep points for the series and at the end have prizes for the winners. These would range from replicas of certain cars not available(M3 GTS, 1M and others) or various level tickets. Also I will be taking suggestions for the tracks that would be used in the series. If we go forward with the series, I would like to visit 7 or 8 tracks. Then we would decide on a new car(s) and start all over again, unless something else would be brought up to do on Saturday nights.

Is the BMW race full? If it is, can I get on a waiting list?

Thanks,
Machine.

Actually, I believe that tezgm99 is the only confirmed racer for tomorrow night. I am limiting the room to 14, so there is plenty of room left. See you tomorrow!:)

Okay, I went poking about, but... I need some feedback. I just can't decide:

Aston Martin's Solent Silver
Jaguar's XJR-9 Purple
Subaru's WR Blue Mica
Chrysler's Orange Pearl Coat (from the Prowler)

Date and Time:

Saturday April 07, 2012

Car:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car ‘01

Race:

*Update*
I forgot earlier to include that we will be running two different tire compounds tomorrow night. They are Racing Hard and Racing Medium. There will be a mandatory pit stop during the race and you will be required to use both compounds.

I have a question regarding this race event.

What will the "Boost" be set to?

Zero, my colors are black body on gold rims. No specific black, just whatever comes with the car when I purchase it from the NCD.

I have a question regarding this race event.

What will the "Boost" be set to?

I'm going to have boost off as is outlined in the settings on page 1, all other settings will be the same, except that we will be using two tire compounds(Racing Hard and Racing Medium). In allowing two tire compounds, I'm also making a requirement to use both types throughout the race.

The race itself will be taking up the first hour from 10pm to 11pm EDT. Then till midnight EDT, we are going to experiment with running the M3 alongside the Race Modified Golf GTI IV. Hope to see you there.:)

On another note, I keep forgetting to thank you for using my B-Spec drivers. I never use them a whole lot, except for the seasonal events anymore, and it was nice to get a credit boost. Thanks again!:)

I'm going to have boost off as is outlined in the settings on page 1, all other settings will be the same, except that we will be using two tire compounds(Racing Hard and Racing Medium). In allowing two tire compounds, I'm also making a requirement to use both types throughout the race.

The race itself will be taking up the first hour from 10pm to 11pm EDT. Then till midnight EDT, we are going to experiment with running the M3 alongside the Race Modified Golf GTI IV. Hope to see you there.:)

On another note, I keep forgetting to thank you for using my B-Spec drivers. I never use them a whole lot, except for the seasonal events anymore, and it was nice to get a credit boost. Thanks again!:)

Thank you for clearing up the boost issue for me.

When I first read your comment about the having the 2 tires compounds, I took that to be that we are required to make a pit stop at some point during the race (in this case 20.1 laps - 20 laps, 1 pit stop) and we had to use a set of RM and then a set of RH (or vise-versa). Now from what I'm reading it seems you are saying we are required to run both the RM & RH tire compounds at the same time?

Please clarify.

Thank you for clearing up the boost issue for me.

When I first read your comment about the having the 2 tires compounds, I took that to be that we are required to make a pit stop at some point during the race (in this case 20.1 laps - 20 laps, 1 pit stop) and we had to use a set of RM and then a set of RH (or vise-versa). Now from what I'm reading it seems you are saying we are required to run both the RM & RH tire compounds at the same time?

Please clarify.

That's a good point, I'm confused too now :crazy:

Edit: I'm going to guess it means we have to use both compounds, but not at the same time, so we have to stop at least once to switch to the other compound.

Last edited:
Thursday Tutoring!!

IS CLOSED!!

The primary focus for these tutoring sessions will be to give students a leg up on their competition by giving them the tools they need to become better, faster, more confident, and more importantly, to become more competitive drivers. Whether you want to learn everything or just a couple of things, I can help you.

These lessons will be taught using the current Car & Track combos of the SNAIL races, so that everything students learn will be of immediate value.

* Wednesday is practice night - You can see where you need help.
* Thursday is Tutoring - We can work with you on the areas giving you problems.

This is a tutoring session and not practice session. This means, the class has the the right of way on track, at all times - not Hot Lap traffic. Here is how it will work;

* We will do a break-down for each of the turns or point on track, giving you the needed information to be faster and smoother. This includes braking zone, turn-in points, apex, throttle point, & exit point.
* Then it will be time to do hot laps at a reduced top speed. This is give the student the opportunity to work on the information received, and put it to practical use. This also allows the instructors to make sure you are hitting your marks and on the racing line.
* We will increase the top speed of traffic when students are consistently hitting their marks. top Speed will be increased by 10mph to ensure that there is not much change, but enough to spot the top speed of slower turns and force students to work slower turns prior to engaging higher speed turns. When students again are consistently hitting their marks, the speed will be increased again and repeat process, until full speed is reached.
* The instructors will be on track with the student to help correct minor issues as well as to ensure & enforce your development at every step.

The tutoring lessons will include, but will not be limited to the follow:

• Driving Skills
  • Track Etiquette
  • The Ideal Racing Line
  • Passing Etiquette
  • Car Physics
  • Braking
  • Throttle Control
  • Weight Transfer
  • Reference Point Selection
  • Turn Identification
  • Turn Negotiation

Racing Skills
  • Advanced Braking
  • Neutral Steering
  • Alternative Racing Lines (yes, there is more than one line, depending on situation)
  • Advanced Turn Identification

The list goes on but those are only some of the things I'm offering to teach students. If you are not able to attend the public tutoring, just send me a PM, and we'll see about setting up either a public or a private tutoring session for you.
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back