Fido's PhotoZone ||| [Avr 22] Dakar 2003

Time for a little update.

I shot that car a few weeks ago for one of the competitions.
I had many leftovers so I figured they would do a nice set.
I don't know how I feel about the real thing. I'm sensing that the lack of sound and gas smell might feel like something is missing.
I'm a hundred percent in favor of alternative energy though.
Anyway, enjoy the set ;)

That's it folks.
Have a nice day and as always, comments and criticisms are welcome ;)

I think I never really looked through your gallery. Thats a pitty:nervous:
And I'm very happy I've done it now. Because I really adore your gallery!

So many great shots and so much effort to introduce them. Love it Fido! 👍

I like the 2nd, 4th , 7th and 9th shot, great editing :)👍
Also, Isotope Green (from Lotus Evora) may fit the car more (at least that's what I do ;))

that is a very great set :bowdown:
love that car :drool:
Thanks my friend ! :D
I think I never really looked through your gallery. Thats a pitty:nervous:
And I'm very happy I've done it now. Because I really adore your gallery!
So many great shots and so much effort to introduce them. Love it Fido! 👍
Thanks for all the kind words Mitchy!
I like the 2nd, 4th , 7th and 9th shot, great editing :)👍
Also, Isotope Green (from Lotus Evora) may fit the car more (at least that's what I do ;))
Thanks mate. I haven't checked Isotope Green so I wouldn't know. I'll have a look at it later. By the way, the color I used is Fluorescence Yellow from the Paint DLC. ;)

Wow, love the last two shots together with the first one.

You did great with such fluorescent colour! Well done!

Amazing set of the F1:drool:👍. But that E-cell SLS is very well made as original. Its great to see something new and fresh. For that reason 10/10 👍:sly:.

The penultimate shot looks sooooo real :drool:
Wow, love the last two shots together with the first one.
You did great with such fluorescent colour! Well done!
Dat color , dat car ... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
You can't even imagine how much I like these photos ! :)
A W E S O M E ! ! !
I like the whole set :drool:
The F1 set it's great :bowdown:
Amazing set of the F1:drool:👍. But that E-cell SLS is very well made as original. Its great to see something new and fresh. For that reason 10/10 👍:sly:.
Thanks a lot for all the kind words guys ! Means a lot ! 👍

Here's another update for you :

Like most of my sets, I took this one for a competition. I decided to go for a Dakar feel. The only real option was to shoot at Toscana but I had to limit the amount of background... For the editing, I chose warm tones to get some kind of desert athmosphere. I was too lazy however to do the clean-up work required with standards so sorry about that. I think it could have been much worse considering the dust projected on dirt tracks.
Anyway, hope you like it ;)

So, did you enjoy this Dakar set ? It was a bit challenging to recreate something that isn't from GT5 and I hope it's not too bad...
C&C are encouraged so tell me chat you guys think about this. ;)

Last edited:
Lovely Rally Shots.
Always hard to capture, but not a big problem for someone with your skill.

Well done, Thomas!

This most recent shot is making me think of all the options you could've had if PD had given us Grand Canyon again! That said, considering the framework you had to work within, I think you nailed it, Fido. You've transformed Toscana - it all looks straight out of a documentary, following the team across the desert. Well done!

Looking back at the last page, I really enjoy the SLS set, as it shows it off beautifully, even in the eye-searing paint colour. I share a similar opinion on the car too, and it's certainly interesting, something I can't wait to read about once it's officially out on the roads. The Kimi update is just inspirational; I don't follow F1 that much these days past getting the post-race updates from places like Autoblog, but that... that is just perfect!

@ GT HP Nut : Thanks! #1, #5 and the last one are my own favorites ;)

@ evertV12 : Thanks mate ! Glad you liked that one ;)👍

@ Fishy : Thanks Fishy :embarrassed:

@ AdrianF1 : Thanks for the kind words. I didn't do any cleanup though so I made sure to take pics without any major ugly artifacts. It took me ages to redo some shots that were awful. ;)

@ Pascal : Someone with my skills? Believe me, I'm wa out of my league with guys like you around. But I'm proud that you like some of my pics. Thanks again Pascal :)

@ TVRFF : Thanks, I like it as well. I tried to recreate some kind of helicopter shot on that one.

@ Nato : Appreciate it Nato! Glad you like the set :)

@ Ilya : :embarrassed: Thanks Ilya. Still far from your skills but I'm trying :D

@ SlipZ : Wow, thanks for all the kind words SlipZ. I must say you made my day when I saw your post. Full disclosure, I must say that you are the photographer that inspired the most here on GTP. I'm a huge fan of your gallery and your incredible skills. Your presentations are always amazing and always insanely creative (my #1 post from you is that GT1 tribute with the GT1 home page). I follow you work since the GT4 days (I was lurking :lol:) and it is always a pleasure to see shots from you. So a huge thank you for the vote of confidence 👍
Back on topic : I agree on Grand Canyon. I would have taken shot there for sure!

Thanks a lot guys!

Back