VCRC *80s Skyline & RX-7 @ Nürburgring 24hrs* Complete Results posted

I am going to make like a baby and head out....of town...so I won't make the race tomorrow...another spot has opened up:grumpy:

I can send one of the cars John but I'm not sure you can get both of them in the next 24 hours...FR me if you're interested with a car choice.
 
@ John Wells: I have a spare Skyline on PSN: amoreenabooboo
Get the FR in and I should get it to you before the Tuesday. 👍
Johnnypenso might be able to send you the RX-7, so send a FR to him.

I'm in if there are spots left.

Yep there's spots in both events, which one or both?

Just a heads up, everyone has seen this here on the OP, right??

Race Start Rule:
Upon race start, cars will line up in single file & stay in grid order
through Turn #1 (right) and Turn #2 (left).
Full speed coming out of turn #2 (left) onto the straight between Turn #2 & #3

Just that after the jag race warm-up lap hilarity... :eek: It got quite bungled because at least 3 people didn't realize there was a warm up lap, even though it was advertised 10 days prior, detailed in the OP, mentioned & discussed in at least 15 posts in the thread, and then I made 3 announcements about it in the lounge immediately before the race.

So forgive me if I seem like I'm treating everyone like they're stupid. :dunce:
I'm not.
I'm treating everyone from now on like they've got early onset senility. :lol: :sly:
Just in case. ;)

Upon race start, cars will line up in single file & stay in grid order
through Turn #1 (right) and Turn #2 (left).
Full speed coming out of turn #2 (left) onto the straight between Turn #2 & #3
 
Monday event.
Skyline Mandarin.
Mazda Aqua Metallic.
Thank you.
 
Thanks Melon sorry for late reply:guilty:

I need both cars I have sent Johnny a FR so should get them for race tomorrow. If you can send me a the spare of what you offered that would be great:dopey:

I will return after the race:tup:
 
Thanks Melon sorry for late reply:guilty:

I need both cars I have sent Johnny a FR so should get them for race tomorrow. If you can send me a the spare of what you offered that would be great:dopey:

I will return after the race:tup:

I have sent you rx7 . No need to return it.
 
John I'll send the Skyline 83 from PSN: amoreenabooboo as soon as I get the FR.
(No need to return either.)
 
My cars are both daytona yellow with I can't remember what shade of blue wheels!
 
I will see what I can do for you about entering ;)
 
@ John Wells: I have a spare Skyline on PSN: amoreenabooboo
Get the FR in and I should get it to you before the Tuesday. 👍
Johnnypenso might be able to send you the RX-7, so send a FR to him.



Yep there's spots in both events, which one or both?

Just a heads up, everyone has seen this here on the OP, right??

Yup, both. My bad. Should have specified.
 
Apologies have to bail at the last minute for tonight's race :(
 
MONDAY RESULTS

Division 1

Race #1
  1. Nicktune / Nic-KL / RX-7
  2. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / RX-7: Aqua Metallic
  3. IMZIZ / IMZIZ / RX-7
Race #2
  1. Nicktune / Nic-KL / Skyline
  2. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Skyline: Mandarin
  3. IMZIZ / IMZIZ / Skyline

Division 2

Race #1
  1. TomBrady / HugoStiglitz_420 / Skyline
  2. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Skyline: Bornit
Race #2
  1. TomBrady / HugoStiglitz_420 / RX-7
  2. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / RX-7: Electric Green
 
Last edited:
Congrats Nicktune on another sweeper!

I think if I drove this track 5000 more times I could not drive it nearly as fast as Nicktune. :nervous: Particularly in the dark - which does not seem to slow him!! :eek:

Looking forward to seeing if he can repeat it again. :scared:


@ John Wells : sent the Skyline car tonight. 👍 Should be waiting for you when you sign on.
 
And please note the qualifying procedure for the event:

Qualifying:

  • * @ Nürburgring GP/D
  • * ALL racers in Mazda SAVANNA RX-7 GT-Limited (FC) '85
  • * Race director enters track first (to allow for monitor afterward)
  • * Drivers enter the track in stagger to spread out, in order of lounge list position
  • * Each driver to put in 3 qualifying laps
  • * After completing 3 laps, all racers exit track back to the lounge
  • * Racers split into divisions based upon qualifying position.
  • * 1st half grid = Division 1, 2nd half grid = Division 2
  • * Racers then will re-enter track in proper assigned car and NOT hit drive
  • * Stay in pit waiting for race start.

Just to keep things tidy & save time with several cars on track for qualifying. 👍


(Note: I mention this because we had a small grid in the Monday event, so it was informal qualifying. But there's several more cars expected in the Tuesday. 👍)
 
Great racing today; really enjoyed it. It seemed there was always someone within sight of me (except for the last lap on race 1). Race 1 was good fun: started on pole but Nic got by me at Aremburg on lap 1, from there on I was racing IMZIZ for second place (for most of the rest of the race). It went back and forth, but never any touches. Last lap IMZIZ made some mistakes and I was able to pull a gap.

Race 2 might have been even better in terms of action: I made mistakes and went off track a few times and I drove a little ragged when night fell, but I really enjoyed the battles with Nic, Hugo and IMZIZ. 👍

Congrats Nic, another double. 👍

Few photos of race 1:
Nrburgring24h_8.jpg

Nrburgring24h_7.jpg

Nrburgring24h_6.jpg

Nrburgring24h_5.jpg

Nrburgring24h_4.jpg

Nrburgring24h_3.jpg

Nrburgring24h_2.jpg

Nrburgring24h_1.jpg

Nrburgring24h.jpg
 
Can I take part in this event?
And if someone have spare skyline it would be nice :)
 
If no one has a spare for you, send me a FR (sagarismic) and I'll lend you mine. Unfortunately I can't race, so if you can't get a permanent one, I'll send mine before I leave home tomorrow.

Edit: PS. Melon, the colour of my RX-7 is simply "Aqua Metallic". It's a Lotus paint actually, not from Mazda.
 
Watermelon I would like to enter for tonight's race but I need to check if I have the cars when I get home from work. I should be able to confirm by about 18:30 BST. I hope this is ok.
 
Can I take part in this event?
And if someone have spare skyline it would be nice :)

Let me know if you get the car from Sag.
I don't have a spare skyline - sent mine to John Wells.
And Jackargent has used his car-gifting for today.
Most people are happy to gift a car. But unfortunately with the limit on car-gifting, last minute car sending can be difficult. :(

Watermelon I would like to enter for tonight's race but I need to check if I have the cars when I get home from work. I should be able to confirm by about 18:30 BST. I hope this is ok.

You're in if you can be! 👍
Both of these cars were in the OCD last month, so if you're a regular OCD shopper, you likely have them.

Edit: PS. Melon, the colour of my RX-7 is simply "Aqua Metallic". It's a Lotus paint actually, not from Mazda.

:lol: :dopey: That was a copy/paste error I imagine. ?
It's the colour of your Mazda, so maybe when you said your Mazda is Aqua Metallic, I copied the whole thing. ? haha
(If you saw how fast I type & do the ctrl+c/ctrl+v, you'd get why I make errors like this. lol I test at 75wpm+ ... with a zero % error rate if there's money involved. LOL LOL ;))

Nice photomodes btw! :) 👍 👍 👍

I wish more people would post photomodes. :)
(hint hint ha ha)

I was surprised actually by how stable the Skyline is on the carousel... considering how much it fishtails for me everywhere else!!! :boggled:
 
I will be unable to race tonight, had a painful injury at school involving my arm.
This I am unable to means drive tonight unless the doctors can do a miricle... Sorry guys, really didnt want to miss another race at the Nurburgring (my favrioute track) :(

I hope all of you enjoy yourselves though
 
The rule for the start after turn two is still valid?
 
The rule for the start after turn two is still valid?

Yes, especially because there are many more drivers on track for today's event.
 
All good got both cars.
Skyline- red with red wheels
Rx7 - green with green wheels

Don't ask, My 3 year old son Picked the paints lol
 
@ geeky30 : I miss school!! :lol:

@ Alfabob46 : 👍 on the watermelon theme. LOL
I sometimes like to match wheels to the car colour. I'm a little older than 3 though. :lol: :guilty: :sly:
 
Gathering in the VCRC lounge NOW. :)

Qualifying to start in an orderly fashion on the hour. (couple minutes from now)
 
A few photos from Monday's race 2:
Nrburgring24h_13.jpg


2 x 2 wide!!
Nrburgring24h_12.jpg


Nrburgring24h_11.jpg


Hugo: I was about a meter ahead before braking, more than completely alongside, but I backed out of the overtake. Which was the right decision as you cut across to the apex as if I wasn't there. We would have collided had I stayed on it. You need to give more room at the apex in the future.
Nrburgring24h_10.jpg


Nrburgring24h_9.jpg
 
Last edited:
TUESDAY RESULTS

Division 1

Race #1
  1. Nicktune / Nic-KL / Skyline
  2. Alfabob46 / Alfabob46 / Skyline
  3. TomBrady / HugoStiglitz_420 / Skyline
  4. Zorrin / Ditquois / Skyline: Champion Yellow 4 & Noir Obsidien
  5. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Skyline: Bornit

Race #2
  1. Zorrin / Ditquois / RX-7: Champion Yellow 4 & Noir Obsidien
  2. Alfabob46 / Alfabob46 / RX-7: green & green
  3. TomBrady / HugoStiglitz_420 / RX-7
  4. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / RX-7: Electric Green

Division 2

Race #1
  1. dmihaylov / mitaches / RX-7
  2. mgrtuga / mgrtuga / RX-7
  3. cc570 / cc570 / RX-7
  4. jackargent / jackargent / RX-7: Daytona Yellow & blue
  5. John Wells / johnwells69 / RX-7

Race #2
  1. mgrtuga / mgrtuga / Skyline
  2. dmihaylov / mitaches / Skyline
  3. jackargent / jackargent / Skyline: Daytona Yellow & blue
  4. John Wells / johnwells69 / Skyline
  5. cc570 / cc570 / Skyline
 
10x for the great races. Thanks to SagarisGTB for sending me the Skyline.
 
Back