*EASY* things for PD to implement in GT5

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 550 comments
It would be an addon but i would really love to see the standard racing flag system implemented, ( caution - yellow , let car past - blue flag, etc. etc.) other than that a button to limit speed going into the pits so you dont get a penalty for entering too fast and a slider bar so you could change the ratio of wear for mediums and hards compared to softs, seeing as most endurance races online are still won by using the best tyre available and pitting more often, it would be nice to have an endurance race where hard and soft tyre stratagies both come together at the end of a race, you can set races up to work like this but that obviously take a lot of testing before hand.

1. The ability to have changed the wheels on any car in a lobby where "tuning is prohibited" Seems silly that different wheels to stock would restrict you from those rooms.

1. The ability to have changed the wheels on any car in a lobby where "tuning is prohibited" Seems silly that different wheels to stock would restrict you from those rooms.

Try resetting the transmission if the car comes with one.

Something I didn't notice on the list, correct me if I'm wrong. But when my DS3 disconnects the start menu doesn't show up, the car just keeps on rolling. In many other games a start menu shows up when your controller disconnects. I know I should be keeping an eye on my charge level but sometimes I forgot, and it's irritating to be in the middle of a race when your car suddenly doesn't respond.

Last edited:
Add in the coffee break licence tests (gymkhana)! And if you complete them all, you unlock a cool car or something. You could create your own gymkhana courses, share them with friends, and set a reward in cr or a car.

Rally licenses with more rally events!

This. Or at the very least allow us to individually delete a lap time on the sheet. And maybe include an option at that screen to see a larger timing sheet with 50 or 100 or more lap times.

Yeah, the ability to delete individual times. "Same car" is hard to define, because every time you drive a car it's not exactly the same as it was before (due to engine wear or your own tuning adjustments.)

Multiple sheets would be ideal I think, with the ability to name them. Eg. "550pp Sports/Soft" etc. And, of course, the ability to delete entire sheets. Even better - the ability to set up these restrictions to prevent you from putting up times with cars that don't qualify.

Alternately, a leaderboard system that only saved the time if you saved the replay, and the ability to sort through and load/play replays from this leaderboard. Again, with the ability to group them yourself, by PP & tires.

Probably mentioned before, but worth requesting again - include the final time, tires, PP and assists in the replay so they could be displayed on playback and verified.

Try resetting the transmission if the car comes with one.

Lancer, thanks for the info, it did work as you said. The game must alter the tranny for the new wheels automatically.

Does anyone know if changing the gear box back to default has much effect to the performance of the car when you have changed the wheels?? I cant imagine it will make much diff but wont get to test till late tonight.

Thanks again

Stu

what about a feature that turns off the fan on the X2010/11, so it can be limited to the speed of LMP and Group C cars

How about a feature that allows you to put your Favorite cars in a garage on a USB flash drive? That way if you're going to a friend's place and you want to do a 2-player race, you'd be able to use your own cars (kind of like the concept from the previous GT titles). Yeah, I know you can share cars online, but that's only 6 of them...

pepsibottle1
Reduce horsepower gains from oil change: I am a Honda tech as well as a ODU student studying Motorsports Engineering and I can tell you that there is NO WAY that someone can gain anything more than 10 horses simply by changing the oil; even that is pushing it a bit. Yes, it is true that by going to say AMSOIL, Royal Purple or other performance oil from a conventional blend you can pick up an extra 5 horsepower. Expensive as hell it is, but the chemical makeup of the racing synthetic stuff will be a bit better then compared to the regular Mobil 1 you can pick up at AutoZone (which I use religiously). That equals less friction and heat which = more horsepower. Still, even so, you're only getting about 4 horses at best which is very marginal and I don't think that justifies the extra $20. Another factor to consider is viscosity. A lower viscosity oil is thinner and therefore produces less friction through fluid drag than a thicker oil thus more power. Again however, don't expect to see anything substantial from going from 5w30 to 5w20 or even 5w40 to 5w20 although it will help a bit in cold weather.

I'm ignorant to some of the ins and out of lubrication of an engine; on the inverse, is it possible for an engine to lose 10 or more hp as a result of old oil?

An easy thing to implement could be a GT5 meme thread integrated with the main menu where Kaz can freely troll about Skylines.

Straight from his twitter account, using a proper app.

Penalty to be applied to turn 3 at deep forrest before the first tunnel.

When you consider some of the penalties at other tracks for running off the racing line, this one seems like a no brainer....

Lol man the amount of easy things PD could do is pretty much unlimited. They had a 60 million dollar budget, a team of the best game designers in the world and back by Sony. What is possibly hard to do with all that. Yet for some reason they make a lot of strange choices.

How about a feature that allows you to put your Favorite cars in a garage on a USB flash drive? That way if you're going to a friend's place and you want to do a 2-player race, you'd be able to use your own cars (kind of like the concept from the previous GT titles). Yeah, I know you can share cars online, but that's only 6 of them...

Yeah, nice idea though!
We had this option recently on PS1 or PS2 via Memory Cards (which they were still flash drives actually :-) )

Lol man the amount of easy things PD could do is pretty much unlimited. They had a 60 million dollar budget, a team of the best game designers in the world and back by Sony. What is possibly hard to do with all that. Yet for some reason they make a lot of strange choices.

Still sold 6million first week of release, they gotta be doin somethin right :boggled:

*EASY* things for PD to implement in GT5

Everytime you sign in, you'll revieve a message:
'GT6 will come ''soon'', so any improvements you want will not be implemented. Due to your nagging you bonus is reduced to -150%.'

My idea for PD to easily implement into GT5 would be a leaderboard when the race is paused ... currently working through the endurance races and a lot of the time it can be difficult to know who your main rival is :confused:

In car visual damage can be enhanced, such as breaking/cracking glass, removal of sideview mirrors, hoods flying off of road cars.

Now, of course, this depends on the manufacturers...but it would be excellent to see. Shouldn't require too much!

One thing I would find really useful is being able to use a headset in b-spec mode and tell your driver exactly what you want him to do. With the new seasonal at Monaco, I kept yelling at the tv "don't pass on the inside at the chicane, stupid!!"....he didn't seem to listen..lol

Probably won't see this in 5, but it might make a good addition for 6.

make the motion of the camera when using Left/Right View in Cockpit View more smoother, like in NFS:Shift. You know, like a real head moving, not like a spring snapping back into place when you release the button/stick. They should also add an Up/Down View. :)

I have a few easy things to change, to improve drift mode.

Get rid of the gear change handicap, when using the H shifter in drift mode.

In drift mode allow me to turn off the score meter and the drift mode sound effects.

In drift mode using DS3, the clutch should disengage at the same time (digital button), if not slightly before you pull the handbrake (analogue button) and not seconds after, this would give DS3 users the ability to use the clutch also for clutch kicking.

Get rid of the clutch smoothing or what ever it is that stops you from shocking the transmission properly.

How about drift mode for online? Just the extra steering angle will do for now.

Ok, I've got a couple good ones here, Miky.

1. Allow us to change the number of race laps in the "pre-race" menu (where you can see the track/adjust course settings/start race, etc.) A lot of times you get into a race and realize that more laps would be appropriate, and we shouldn't have to back all the way out to the "select race" screen and reload the whole darn thing just to change the # of laps. It should be very easy to give us this option.

2. Have Force Feedback settings available for EACH CAR. Why not? The game already has dozens of different settings being saved for each car in the tuning screen/settings sheets. What would it do for immersion if each car could have a different FFB setting for your wheel? Smaller, lighter cars could have a much lighter feel- and big, heavy monsters like the Mitsubishi GTO could have that heavier, stronger steering action to really put you into the game. This would be amazing, and of course, easy to implement.

:drool:

Last edited:
Make a pit stop in The Top Gear Test Track

Make the 20,000,000M cap longer. Maybe 40-50M?

For Muscle cars a option to add a blower

More ASPEC events

Back