◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,693 comments
UGH!! I guess the stress of D1 frazzled me and I totally forgot to take the elimination vote! D1 drivers, please just post your votes on the thread. Sorry about that! :banghead:

UGH!! I guess the stress of D1 frazzled me and I totally forgot to take the elimination vote! D1 drivers, please just post your votes on the thread. Sorry about that! :banghead:

I vote for 1

Yes, several times. And I reset my router, quit the game, disconnected from PSN, etc.

The last time I tried just now I tried to watch the race and two of the cars were just sitting at the start line, then they disappeared and shortly afterwards I disconnected. This happened twice with the same two cars but I don't understand why as I cleared the cache and reset my router in between.

My NAT type was 2 when I checked before the race. I've had connection issues before but nothing this persistent.

This is depressing.

I'm not going to try connecting anymore tonight for fear of lagging the race. But I really need to get this figured out before next weekend.

Edit: It's DrKronin and bigbarnesbefast that I kept seeing stuck at the start. Maybe it's just them that I can't connect to. But either way, I've run out of things to try. I'm going to eat some icecream and cry about my unfulfilled dreams, or whatever people do.

Set up a DMZ or open your ports. Do this for your router and your modem, if applicable/possible. Works wonders.

Next time, if you cannot do that, get in earlier and stay out of your car until those people who give you trouble are in. Then pray.

I just wanted to thank everyone in D3 for making my first league night such a great experience. It was without doubt the most fun I've had in GT5. I'm kicking myself for not doing this earlier. I'll definitely be back next Sunday :cheers:

I've got an Idea for something we could do this week. If everyone isn't aware, Motor Sports legend Carroll Shelby passed away Thursday. And my Idea is to run either Shelby made vehicles or just Ford in general in remembrance of Carroll Shelby. Just and idea I would like to share

And i second Eat leads suggestion. Carrol shelby is a motorsports legend, i think a tribute activity of sum sort wld be awsome way to pay our respects..

Had a blast tonight fellas!! Hell of a good time. Cant wait till next week now. On another note how do i clear my cache on GT5?

In GT5, go to Options, and then find Networking. There's a little box to click on there that clears the cache.

P.S.: Great racing tonight. I had a lot of fun with you on that last race. I think you were faster, so I was pretty happy to hold you off :)

I just wanted to thank everyone in D3 for making my first league night such a great experience. It was without doubt the most fun I've had in GT5. I'm kicking myself for not doing this earlier. I'll definitely be back next Sunday :cheers:

Thanks for racing guys.
I vote for "round 2".

Had a blast tonight fellas!! Hell of a good time. Cant wait till next week now. On another note how do i clear my cache on GT5?

Thanks to the new guys for giving S.N.A.I.L. a try! Glad you enjoyed it! :cheers:

bigbarnesbefast, you have to go to the main menu and go to Settings, then scroll all the way to the bottom and look for "Clear System Cache"

Heck yea Dr.kronin u put up a good race! U did a great job my friend i look forward to next weekend when we meet again and duke it out once more! And thanx to SNAIL racing. Excellent program you all run. I cant imagine doing all that organizing and extra work you all put in without drawing a pay check from all of us lol. U guys rock

Tonight was a bad night for me. I was scrambling to set up my wheel at 9:50, and finally got in 2 minute into qualifying. There were a few good position battles with Ap, Rally, lead and the rest of D2, but I couldn't stay consistant enough.

Rally, the Detroit Region SCCA has 3 more events at the Pontiac Silverdome this season. Maybe us snails can try to attend those instead of putting on a private event. http://detroit-scca.org

I've got an Idea for something we could do this week. If everyone isn't aware, Motor Sports legend Carroll Shelby passed away Thursday. And my Idea is to run either Shelby made vehicles or just Ford in general in remembrance of Carroll Shelby. Just and idea I would like to share

And i second Eat leads suggestion. Carrol shelby is a motorsports legend, i think a tribute activity of sum sort wld be awsome way to pay our respects..

We should do some races mid-week with the Cobra 427, Mustang GT350R, and Series One, at American tracks.

What a great night of racing! It's also awesome to hear the guys that did their first races as SNAIL's had a good time! This was week 6 for me and it just keeps getting better. Tonight was my second foray into D2 and I did a little better than my first try with them. Man I had a great time racing with you all! (I'm so sorry about all the confusion with the restarts. I need to get a headset so I can hear what is going on better) It was noted a couple of posts before that the SNAIL organizers do a great job. I want to second that. A huge thanks to all of you that put in so much time and effort to make this league what it is. The SNAIL league is pure class! Not an easy thing in a cyber world full of trash! Again, THANK YOU ALL!!

I also am in for a "Shelby" night. If this does come about, (at the risk of sounding cheezy) I would also request we all do a parade lap together in his honor... :)

What a great night of racing! It's also awesome to hear the guys that did their first races as SNAIL's had a good time! This was week 6 for me and it just keeps getting better. Tonight was my second foray into D2 and I did a little better than my first try with them. Man I had a great time racing with you all! (I'm so sorry about all the confusion with the restarts. I need to get a headset so I can hear what is going on better) It was noted a couple of posts before that the SNAIL organizers do a great job. I want to second that. A huge thanks to all of you that put in so much time and effort to make this league what it is. The SNAIL league is pure class! Not an easy thing in a cyber world full of trash! Again, THANK YOU ALL!!

Exo, we really appreciate the support! I too would like to give a huge thanks to all the SNAILs who make this league run as smoothly as it does. Well done and thank you for your efforts! :cheers:

We should do some races mid-week with the Cobra 427, Mustang GT350R, and Series One, at American tracks.

We could also lobby the Prize A and Prize B winners to consider Mr. Shelby when selecting their cars and tracks for next week! :D

I also am in for a "Shelby" night. If this does come about, (at the risk of sounding cheezy) I would also request we all do a parade lap together in his honor... :)

I second a parade lap exo!

That doesn't sound cheesy at all. In fact, after the parade lap, we could all line up in Shelby cars (in our chosen color combos) and then have a photo shoot. We could then decide on the best picture and use it as the S.N.A.I.L. banner at the top of the original post for a while. Then we could have one of our many talented graphic artists add text that says something like, "S.N.A.I.L. honors Carroll Shelby 1923 -2012". Let me know what you guys think.

What do I do to get my preferences on that list? Post here? If so, I prefer #42, and black body / red wheels :)

Actually, that Google Doc is something I've been wanting to overhaul for a while, but I just haven't had the time to get to it yet. What I had in mind was adding a column for each of the Sundays that we've raced, and then awarding 100 points to everyone who participated in those races. Then I wanted to added another column that had the number of posts that everyone has contributed to this thread. And finally, I wanted to add a "TOTAL" column that tallied up everyone's points.

In summary, it would be sort of a "tenure calculator". Everyone would get 100 points for each Sunday they participate in, and then get 1 point for every post they contribute to this thread. In other words, racing on Sunday is worth one hundred times as much making a post, but I still want to reward members who are involved in the league conversation. Because each post is only worth 1 point, this factor would more often than not just be used as a tie-breaker.

The more points a driver has, the more "tenure" they have and are therefore higher on the priority list. The higher priority you have, the better chance you have at choosing your color combo of choice as well as your number of choice (for Race Modified cars). Let me know what you guys think of this idea. More importantly, let me know if any of you want to take on the responsibility of tracking this data! Like I said, I've been thinking about doing this for a while, just haven't had the time to get to it due to all of the other work that goes into the league.

Here are the official results from our league night on May 13th, 2012. This is the third night using our "PERFECT 100" points system and it was marked by dominant performances in each division. Devious dominated D1 with a total of 97 points. JLBowler was a single point away from a PERFECT 100 score in D2. And dsgerbc won D3 with an impressive 93 points. It's also important to note that jlbowler and dsgerbc also won the "Triple Crown" bonus point for winning pole in all three rounds!

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. M1SS-D3V10US ---- selected Prize A
  2. iceburgeson -------- selected Prize B
  3. racefan78 ---------- selected Prize C
  4. ckoerner210 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. AJK-VAIL ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. ADR_BRONCO ------- did not submit vote
  9. ND_4_SPD_Naruto -- did not submit vote
  10. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • kcheeb ------------ DNR with advanced notice
  • AG07WRXTR -------- DNR with advanced notice
  • GTP_esh ----------- DNR with advanced notice
  • Mighty_mopar ------ DNR with late notice
  • dabneyd ----------- DNR with late notice

Division 2
  1. jlbowler* ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Psycho-Tuber ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. spooble ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Apmaddock -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. leadbedr ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. GTP_BeRandom ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. rallywgn81 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR with advanced notice
  • rofajole ------------ DNR with advanced notice
  • SeattleTyler -------- DNR with late notice
  • aubdogg ------------ DNR with late notice (but did not post on thread)

Division 3
  1. dsgerbc* ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  2. bullseye915 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. bigbarnesbefast ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. autoxse-r ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. DrKronin ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Vol_Jbolaz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Eat_Lead89 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. ChuthuluGoat ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Handlebar-Man ----- did not submit vote
  • GTP_dylansan ------ DNR due to network issues
  • GlennGolfer1 -------- DNR with advanced notice
  • dvdoughboy -------- DNR with advanced notice
  • tcoffin014 ---------- DNR with advanced notice
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF -- no-showed without notice (provided notice afterwards)
  • Justin5447 ---------- no-showed without notice
  • JaySin85 ----------- no-showed without notice

* - awarded Triple Crown bonus point

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 @Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since M1SS-D3V10US selected Prize A, she gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 3 - Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 @Tsukuba Circuit
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since iceburgeson selected Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

racefan78 gets the upgraded Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Here are the preliminary results from our league night on May 13th, 2012. This is the third night using our "PERFECT 100" points system and it was marked by dominant performances in each division. Devious dominated D1 with a total of 97 points. JLBowler was a single point away from a PERFECT 100 score in D2. And dsgerbc won D3 with an impressive 93 points. It's important to note that each division winner also won the "Triple Crown" bonus point for winning pole in all three rounds! Not only was this only the second, third, and fourth times this has happened, but it was the first time that it happened in all three divisions in the same week!

Correction: I don't want to take anything away from others, so I have to say that I didn't earn a "Triple Crown", I only managed to take 2/3 of the pole positions. Racefan78 took the pole position in round 1 & I took both poles for round 2 & 3. The point you show for me (97) are correct. My numbers are as follows:

Rnd1
P. Pos: 0
Race1: 16 (1st)
Race2: 15 (2nd)

Rnd2
P. Pos: 1
Race1: 16
Race2: 16

Rnd3
P. Pos: 1
Race1: 16
Race2: 16

TripleC: 0 (need all 3 poles)

Total: 97

I just wanted to be sure to point out that I appreciate the credit for the triple crown, I didn't earn it. Good Job Racefan78 for the pole in Rd,1. Also would like to say, Good Job to Bronco for his win in race 2 - both of you robbed me of a perfect score. LOL

Great job Sharkie, I hope I was able to provide you with some fun competition in the absence of mopar and esh.

I vote round 1

Oops, thanks for correcting that! Yeah I totally remember racefan78 winning poll in Round 1. Nice job, racefan78!!

Btw, thanks for submitting your vote as well. I can't believe I forgot to take the vote. Usually, the division directors in the D2 lounge for the post-race debrief which is where I already am. However, last night was the first time I wasn't already in the D2 lounge so I didn't want to be late lol.

Division 1
  1. M1SS-D3V10US ---- selected Prize ??? (in case of points change, voted for Round 1)
  2. racefan78 ---------- selected Prize ??? (in case of points change, voted for Round 1)
  3. iceburgeson -------- selected Prize ???
  4. ckoerner210 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. AJK-VAIL ----------- voted to eliminate Round ???
  7. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. ADR_BRONCO ------- voted to eliminate Round ???
  9. ND_4_SPD_Naruto -- voted to eliminate Round ???
  10. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round ???

• kcheeb ------------ DNR with advanced notice
  • AG07WRXTR -------- DNR with advanced notice
  • Mighty_mopar ------ DNR with late notice
  • dabneyd ----------- DNR with late notice
  • GTP_esh ----------- no-showed without notice

esh
Going with track...

Tsukuba!

Also, put me down as not here this weekend though there's a good chance I will make it. Going out of town and may not be back until late Sunday. I will however definitely not be here Memorial Day weekend as I'm sure a lot of others won't be either.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7067746#post7067746

Didn't make it back in time to unwind before sitting in a cockpit for 2 hours.

Latest Posts

Back