◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
I have a good connection and can host if needed.

Thanks Oshawa-Joe! Please log into the D3 lounge about 20-30 minutes early to make sure you're the first one in. If someone is already in there, please ask them to leave and then come back.

hey i haven't touched my ps3 since last Sunday :scared: can anyone give me their lap times on at least Spa so I can have an idea of what to shoot for? Please and thank you :)

So I just turned on my PS3 all ready to get some final practice in, and I can't sign into PSN. I don't know what the problem is as my internet connection is working on my computer and phone. I'll let you know if I get it sorted out. This stuff always happens to me on raceday. Sorry for the late notice. It was working yesterday too!

Gt5 used to freeze up for me a lot, and I've got really good Internet, the problem was in the settings of the ps3, unless you manually turn it off, it searches for a media server the whole time you are on, i used to freeze up every day, without fail, I just switched it off Friday morning, and I haven't froze since, I know it's only 2 and a half days but trust me I woulda froze, it worked for me, give it a shot.

S.N.A.I.L. GTP Online Rules & Guidlines Highlite

Todays highlite is about the start, the place that seems to have the potential for incidents. Everyone is in a pack and wants to find an edge to gain places, patience will reward you. Please give this a read as it can save you and others a lot of frustration.

Let's have some good racing tonight everyone!

09: Standing Start Guidelines:
A:
Additional caution and care must be taken when beginning a race with a standing start. All of the above rules in regard to contact apply during the start and first corner of the race.

B:
Be Patient. Begin the race at a normal pace that will not cause you to run into cars in front of you. Don't begin by steering to one side and attempting to barge through the pack. Conversely, don't begin at a slow pace that will make you an obstruction or barrier to cars behind you.

C:
Your goal on turn 1 should not be to get to the front, but rather to convert a double wide start field to a single file running order. Look ahead more than one car. Due to field compression, a compact field will run slower through the first few turns than a spread out one. Leave some extra space, but not too much. Drivers behind you won't be expecting sudden braking.

D:
When approaching the first corner, keep in mind that on a public server, there will be times that you are punted off, especially when racing unknown or untrusted drivers. In a crowded field, pinball is quite possible. A racer who runs into you may have been punted. Don't automatically assume malicious intent.

E:
All of the rules in regard to contact concession apply if you knock a racer off track during the start of the race. If you cause a wreck, you are required to wait for all players who go off track as a result, regardless of whether you contacted them directly or not. If you are involved in a wreck which you did not cause, you are not required to wait

Ugh. Connection issues again... and everything was fine on Friday.

I'm getting really really tired of this.

Well, I officially missed Tsukuba, my hopes aren't high for the rest of the races.

I don't usually swear or get angry but I'm 🤬 pissed off right now.

I stayed connected to the room until literally one minute before the first race started.

Edit: I give up. I'm not racing tonight. 🤬.

Hey D2. I forgot to ask if you will be racing next Sunday. So if you could, place your votes here with a simple yes or no.

Hey D2. I forgot to ask if you will be racing next Sunday. So if you could, place your votes here with a simple yes or no.

I'm going with a 'no' at this stage as my bet is on me being very tired having watched Monaco, Indy and the 600 all day, lol

Ugh. Connection issues again... and everything was fine on Friday.

I'm getting really really tired of this.

Well, I officially missed Tsukuba, my hopes aren't high for the rest of the races.

I don't usually swear or get angry but I'm 🤬 pissed off right now.

I stayed connected to the room until literally one minute before the first race started.

Edit: I give up. I'm not racing tonight. 🤬.

That sucks, again!

Not sure what to say, seems Sunday's are a problem for you. Why don't we try a late afternoon Sunday test with some of the people from D3 and see what we can work out.

I'll try to get one organized.

Right now I'm going to say "No," because I have an autocross event the next day at 7am. Meaning 6am wake-up time.:grumpy:

Great racing tonight D2. Ap, I think we had a few more Gentlemanly moments tonight.:sly:

Here are the official results from our league night on May 20th, 2012. Devious won D1 by 20 points, but 2nd through 7th place finished within only 5 points of each other! dsgerbc won D2 by 20 points as well, and he also achieved the first PERFECT 100 score in league history (this is our fourth week of using the PERFECT 100 points system). Oshawa-Joe won D3 by 6 points.

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. M1SS-D3V10US ---- selected Prize A
  2. ADR_BRONCO ------ selected Prize B
  3. dabneyd ----------- selected Prize C (used tie-breaking vote to eliminate Round 2)
  4. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. AG07WRXTR ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. ckoerner210 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. GTP_esh ----------- did not submit vote
  10. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR with advanced notice
  • ND_4_SPD_Naruto -- DNR with advanced notice
  • Mighty_mopar ------ DNR with advanced notice
  • jlbowler ------------ DNR with advanced notice
  • iceburgeson -------- DNR due to network issues
  • racefan78 ---------- no-showed without notice

Division 2
  1. dsgerbc** --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  2. rallywgn81 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. GTP_BeRandom ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Apmaddock -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. leadbedr ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • Psycho-Tuber ------ DNR with advanced notice
  • spooble ------------ DNR with advanced notice
  • ExoSphere64 ------- DNR with advanced notice
  • bullseye915 -------- DNR with late notice
  • rofajole ------------ no-showed without notice
  • SeattleTyler -------- no-showed without notice

Division 3
  1. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  2. DrKronin ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. aubdogg ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Vol_Jbolaz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. bigbarnesbefast ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. ChuthuluGoat ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. SCREAMING_CHIEF -- did not submit vote
  • GTP_dylansan ------ DNR due to network issues
  • Handlebar-Man ----- DNR with advanced notice
  • dvdoughboy -------- DNR with late notice
  • tcoffin014 ---------- DNR with late notice
  • autoxse-r ----------- no-showed without notice
  • Eat_Lead89 --------- no-showed without notice
  • Justin5447 ---------- no-showed without notice
  • JaySin85 ----------- no-showed without notice
  • SmokeyLungz ------- no-showed without notice
** - achieved PERFECT 100 score

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Nissan Silvia SPEC-R Aero (S15) RM '02 @Nürburgring GP/F
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since M1SS-D3V10US selected Prize A, she gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 1 - Fiat Punto HGT Abarth '00 @Tsukuba Circuit
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since ADR_BRONCO selected Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

dabneyd gets the upgraded Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
The details for tomorrow night's parity series is set:

22 May 2012: GT500 World Tour
  • Car Selection: Any Premium or Standard JGTC or Super GT GT500 Race Car
  • Initial Performance Point Level: 575
  • Lower Performance Point Level: 565
  • Upper Performance Point Level: 590
  • Performance Point Increment: 5
  • Tire Selection: Racing Medium
  • Track Selection: Indianapolis Road Course, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Nurburgring GP/F, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Suzuka Circuit

Yeah. Sounds like great racing. Do you think that a 5PP increment will be enough, though?

Well last night just plain sucked. I got up to go to the bathroom after race 4 and when I came back my ps3 was restarting and I couldn't connect to psn. Which is just as well as I was not enjoying the races. Don't know if it was that I was just slow last night or if it was all the contact. I started pushing in race 4 and was driving in a manner that I don't normally.

Sorry for no-showing last night guys. I was at my friends graduation party and I was having so much fun I totally for got there was a race going on :/

Guys, I am so sorry for not showing up last night and not letting you guys know of it. I was called to go to work right in the morning to do a banquet. Turned out I got to work at around 3pm and only left the restaurant at 1am and I completely forgot to tell you guys I couldn't show up. :(

Ah, right. To be on the safe side I'll vote a "no" as well.

I don't know who that guy was. But the lag that he threw down when he showed up the second time cost me six seconds, at least. If anyone wants to see it, download the replay of that race and skip to about 4:00 in.

Latest Posts

Back