◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,783 comments
Just for clarification, the karts must be the PDI version, not the DLC karts that for some reason aren't PDI but are physically exactly the same as far as can be determined?

My biggest obstacle is I am an "old" guy and busy with family life/kids, etc. on EST is not starting until 10 pm. Getting up at 5:30 is not helping. :-(

I grew up in the PST, so I do understand, but there are probably 2 or 3 events a week I "think I could'a" but for starting so late... No can do. I really wish I could.

I do understand, it is *my* problem. SNAIL is enough quality (and then some) that I wish I could be a bigger or better part of it.

And no, I would not besmirch SNAILs by competing or taking a spot of another. I am only a trainee SNAIL.

Well bro, if we do the one on one thing, you would have a week to figure out a time with your opponent for that week, if you lose you're out, if you win you're in next week, I personally think there would be some time during the week that you can find a mutually agreeable time, I know I'm flexible, just not 8 am, lol, and you wouldn't be taking anyone's spot, there could be a million spots, it wouldn't matter.

GlennGolfer1
Well bro, if we do the one on one thing, you would have a week to figure out a time with your opponent for that week, if you lose you're out, if you win you're in next week, I personally think there would be some time during the week that you can find a mutually agreeable time, I know I'm flexible, just not 8 am, lol, and you wouldn't be taking anyone's spot, there could be a million spots, it wouldn't matter.

I did not get the 1 vs 1 format. Apologies.

Just for clarification, the karts must be the PDI version, not the DLC karts that for some reason aren't PDI but are physically exactly the same as far as can be determined?

I ran 50+ laps with each, and as far as I could tell, they're identical. Devious did say the PDI version though, so I assume that's all that will be allowed.

Edit: If anyone really could get a 36.XXX lap (without drafting), I would be highly impressed. I hit my limit at 37.7 :)

I did not get the 1 vs 1 format. Apologies.

I'm just checking if there's interest, and if so what kind of racing do people prefer, one on one, or group, either way I'm good with it, if there's over ten people I will write up something formal, but right now there's just three that I know of, me, Joe, and Kcheeb, if you or anyone else is interested let me know, and I'll mark you down, I wouldn't really worry about time though, I'm sure we can all work something out.

I'm just checking if there's interest, and if so what kind of racing do people prefer, one on one, or group, either way I'm good with it, if there's over ten people I will write up something formal, but right now there's just three that I know of, me, Joe, and Kcheeb, if you or anyone else is interested let me know, and I'll mark you down, I wouldn't really worry about time though, I'm sure we can all work something out.

It sounds interesting to me. It might not be a realistic idea for me until July though. I won't have a lot of predictably free evenings over the next six weeks or so.

That's four, nice time on the time trial, by the way.

Thanks :) I think I might still have 6 tenths left in me if I can put together the perfect lap. I'll still be almost 3 seconds off those aliens at the top though. Immortalpilot is amazing.

F1 spot challenges sounds cool. I'm in.

Awesome, half way there.

Hey Dr. You got me by three seconds, I'm at 1:15.2, but I have about a second I can shave I think, anyway, I noticed something today, you guys probably know this but just in case. I adjusted the first three gears to be a little longer than before, now I'm slightly slower on the straights, but much faster around the turns, now if I could only stop hitting the darn wall:grumpy:

*UPDATE ON TONIGHT'S FORMAT / INTEREST CHECK ON FRIENDLY CHALLENGE*

I spoke with our Wednesday night director and host (tcrash15), and we decided to mix things up tonight. Because we won't have official league races again until June 3rd, we don't want the current lineup to get stale before we even reach that date. Therefore, we'll be using the cars and tracks from the current lineup only for the first hour tonight, which means only one race per round instead of the usual two. The second hour will follow this format:
  1. Winner of the previous race picks the track or a car off of the recommended list
  2. Second place of the previous race picks whichever option the winner does not pick (car or track)
  3. Repeat this until the second hour of racing concludes
This will also make it possible for us to have true spec (one-make) races with "pubbers" in the Open Lobby. We will likely be following this same format next week as well. However, I would like to know if any SNAILs would be interested in competing against this team in a friendly challenge next Wednesday night (May 30th). Our Round 3 combo meets their 500PP - 600PP requirement so if we have at least four SNAILs interested in this, I'll reply to their post to work out the details. This is what I would propose to them if we have enough interest:

Ferrari F430 '06 (Racing Hard tires)
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (number of laps set to equal about a 1-hour endurance race)

Please post a reply on this thread if you are interested.

I'll race if needed.:)

7260167948_2de4c20572_o.jpg

Thanks, Psycho Tuber! I've updated our original post with your banner. The banner itself is a clickable hyperlink that take you to page 307 (where all of the pictures are). 👍

Also, I'd like to announce an open competition to create a new banner for S.N.A.I.L. Please let me know if you're interested in submitting a design.

Great googlymooglies!

The new online dealership cars are great! If I ever won the lottery, umm.. Or D1 (same odds at the moment...), I know where I'd be shopping.

;-)

I received an unsolicited FR from the Snail2 Lounge. Anyone know what that's about?

zer05ive
Thanks, Psycho Tuber! I've updated our original post with your banner. The banner itself is a clickable hyperlink that take you to page 307 (where all of the pictures are). 👍

Also, I'd like to announce an open competition to create a new banner for S.N.A.I.L. Please let me know if you're interested in submitting a design.

I'm half-way decent at Draw Something.....are those good enough credentials?? Lol. Just kidding, my banner would look like something from that game though. Lol.

See y'all.

I received an unsolicited FR from the Snail2 Lounge. Anyone know what that's about?

Hey Johnny, it was sent based on this post so that you can watch the race next Wednesday. Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. Feel free to delete the FR if you didn't actually want to watch the race. :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone, don't post much but enjoy the racing on Sunday's.

I just want to say, how enjoyable it is to be part of this league. The way we treat one another, the generosity, and gentlemanly (or lady like) competition among us is phenomenal.

The range of ages, to geographical locations is astounding. I want to thank those of you that do all the hard work of stewardship, hosting, and just general management of this league, so that I can just pop-in on Sunday nights and enjoy the race.

Having said that I realize that I may not be contributing enough, and if there is anything I can do for this league (time permitting) I would be more than willing to do so. I'm a programmer with sql, asp.net, html, and vb experience, and just an overall computer guy.

Again, thanks to everyone for making Sunday nights something to look forward to.

Hey everyone, don't post much but enjoy the racing on Sunday's.

I just want to say, how enjoyable it is to be part of this league. The way we treat one another, the generosity, and gentlemanly (or lady like) competition among us is phenomenal.

The range of ages, to geographical locations is astounding. I want to thank those of you that do all the hard work of stewardship, hosting, and just general management of this league, so that I can just pop-in on Sunday nights and enjoy the race.

Having said that I realize that I may not be contributing enough, and if there is anything I can do for this league (time permitting) I would be more than willing to do so. I'm a programmer with sql, asp.net, html, and vb experience, and just an overall computer guy.

Again, thanks to everyone for making Sunday nights something to look forward to.

Aaron, thanks for dropping a line! This league would not be what it is if it weren't for so many SNAILs contributing their own unique talents to the cause. If you (or anyone else for that matter) would like to contribute but aren't sure exactly how to, here's my suggestion:

POST PICTURES OF THE RACES!! There can never, ever, ever be enough pictures posted on the thread! They are time capsules that allows us to go back months and get a glimpse of the action from the past. I'm not saying that I'm a picture-whore, but.. Okay, I'm a picture-whore. :D

Last edited:
It's been quite a while since I've uploaded any pictures, but I have been able to get some pictures from last Sunday's race. Enjoy!

Tsukuba Circuit_2 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Tsukuba Circuit_1 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Nürburgring GP_F_3 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Nürburgring GP_F_2 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Nürburgring GP_F by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Sunday during the first race I had quite a bad accident. Kept me away from the grass there the rest of the night.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Also later today I'll be making an announcement regarding the M3 GTR Challenge Saturday night.

Back