E3 2012 coming soon GT6 will be announced??

GT6 an E3 2012 yes or no??

• Yes

Votes: 54 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 349 66.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 124 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
E3´s calendar (take a look at Secret E3 games):

Monday, June 4

9:30am E3 Begins
9:30am Microsoft Press Conference
1:00pm EA Press Conference
3:00pm Ubisoft Press Conference
6:00pm Sony Press Conference

Tuesday, June 5

9:00am E3 Begins
9:00am Nintendo Press Conference
1:00pm Assassin's Creed 3
1:30pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
2:00pm Tomb Raider
2:20pm Dead Space 3
2:40pm Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
3:00pm Resident Evil 6
3:20pm LEGO Lord of the Rings
3:40pm Darksiders II
4:00pm Forza Horizon
4:20pm Fable: The Journey
4:40pm Halo 4
5:00pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
5:20pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
5:40pm PS All Stars
6:00pm Star Wars 1313
6:20pm God of War: Ascension
6:40pm The Last of Us

Wednesday, June 6

10:00am E3 Begins
11:00am Ni No Kuni
11:20am Far Cry 3
11:40am SECRET E3 GAME!!
12:00pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
12:20pm Crysis 3
12:40pm Sleeping Dogs
2:00pm Kingdom Hearts 3DS
2:20pm Hitman: Absolution
2:40pm Spec Ops: The Line
3:00pm Transformers: FoC
3:20pm The Walking Dead: Episode 2
3:40pm Dead or Alive 5
4:00pm LittleBigPlanet Karting
4:20pm Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
4:40pm The Unfinished Swan
5:00pm The Amazing Spider-Man
5:20pm Dishonored
5:40pm XCOM: Enemy Unknown
6:00pm Borderlands 2
6:20pm Dust 514
6:40pm The Elder Scrolls Online

Thursday, June 7

10:00am E3 Begins
11:00am Tekken Tag Tournament 2
11:20am LEGO Batman 2
11:40am Persona 4 Arena
12:00pm DmC (Devil May Cry)
12:20pm Lost Planet 3
12:40pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
2:00pm World of Warplanes
2:20pm Quantum Conundrum
2:40pm Metro: Last Light
3:00pm PlanetSide 2
3:20pm Disney Epic Mickey 2
3:40pm Aliens: Colonial Marines
4:00pm LittleBigPlanet Vita
4:20pm SECRET E3 GAME!!
4:40pm SimCity
5:00pm Star Trek
5:40pm IGN's Game of the Show!

Way too low possibilities to see a GT game there. 7 unknown games yet. Let´s hope.
Correct me if I'm wrong, the only racing title in this list is Forza Horizon for x360. Actually there are ZERO racing games presented at E3 for PS3. Let's forget PD for a sec, where the hell are all the other pubblishers? Is pCars the only racing game developed for 2013?

Correct me if I'm wrong, the only racing title in this list is Forza Horizon for x360. Actually there are ZERO racing games presented at E3 for PS3. Let's forget PD for a sec, where the hell are all the other pubblishers? Is pCars the only racing game developed for 2013?

I guess there is F1 2012, but that will probably hardly be anything new. :crazy:

F1 by Codies usually come out around september/october it's going to be a 2012 title. For 2013 we know about pCars but that's it. The market seems to be screw'd up, everyone is doing a shooter, and than they ask themselves "why my shooter didn't sell" :rolleyes: Also there are no arcade racers either...

F1 2012
Forza Horizon
Test Drive: Ferrari

pCARS
rFactor 2
Asetto Corsa
Need for Speed Most Wanted
GRID 2
DIRT 4
WRC 3
F1 2013
Forza Motorsports 5 (from what can be observed with *Horizon* introduction, FM5 will probably (certainly) be a launch game for Xbox8 at holiday season 2013)

Honourable mentions of Sonic and LPB Karts and many upcoming arcade racers for WiiU of course.

F1 2012
Forza Horizon

pCARS
rFactor 2
Asetto Corsa
GRID 2
DIRT 4
WRC 3
F1 2013
Forza Motorsports 5 (from what can be observed with *Horizon* introduction, FM5 will probably (certainly) be a launch game for Xbox8 at holiday season 2013)

Honourable mentions of Sonic and LPB Karts and many upcoming arcade racers for WiiU of course.

And GT6? :nervous::nervous: C'mon PD and Sony :grumpy:

And GT6? :nervous::nervous: C'mon PD and Sony :grumpy:

I didn't want to speculate in my above list, hence no GT6.

All above titles have been either confirmed for 2012/13 release or we have strong rumours/clarifications they're on the 2013 scheduling.

Hell no, but here is hoping that everybody hopes, I hope that our hopes won't be crushed..... I hope.

F1 2012
Forza Horizon

pCARS
rFactor 2
Asetto Corsa
GRID 2
DIRT 4
WRC 3
F1 2013

Thats it for my patience, XBOX 2013 here i come! I'm not gonna wait yet another 2-3 years for a GT6 that GT5 should have been already; Hence good offline racing, original car lineups and good sounds.

The only thing that made me buy a PS3 was my loyalty to the brand and Gran Turismo, now that Forza is on a equal level regarding physics, and they DO listen to their customers why bother with Sony anymore. All good games you have on PS are out on Xbox anyway.

Good luck with GT academy kaz.

Too early for a GT6 reveal,maybe a slight chance of a rendered trailer of stuff that isn't in the game,NASCAR grid,jets,decent damage etc....

My money is on GT Vita. Isn't GT Sony's biggest system-seller? It must have been in the works for a while by now and may explain what PD have been up to...

My money is on GT Vita. Isn't GT Sony's biggest system-seller? It must have been in the works for a while by now and may explain what PD have been up to...

I seriously hope not. Does anyone really want a driving simulator on a handheld console, controlled by sticks and buttons? I know I don't, I don't have a Vita but I had the original PSP and GT PSP, ignoring the fact there was no career mode it was still really the wrong sort of game for a handheld.

To me that is part of the reason the PSP and Vita fail, they try to put full on console games on a handheld rather than creating games specifically for handhelds. I mean look at the Vita Uncharted game, sure it looks great but who wouldn't rather be playing it on their PS3?

I mean imagine a GT5 Vita, are you really going to sit on the train and do a 25 lap Formula GT race? I wouldn't. I wan fun pick up and play games on a handheld personally, which is why the DS sold so well.

I seriously hope not. Does anyone really want a driving simulator on a handheld console, controlled by sticks and buttons? I know I don't, I don't have a Vita but I had the original PSP and GT PSP, ignoring the fact there was no career mode it was still really the wrong sort of game for a handheld.

I agree with you on this 100%.

Here is my post on this matter from one other forum:

Serious driving on handheld(s) sucks, period. Despite heavy assists and buffering in steering, playing GTPSP on PSP was even nowhere near ancient analogy of GT2 for instance (when played with original Dual Shock and analog thumbs).

I had a chance to play few *driving* games on Vita (with analogue steering on left trigger and analogue accel/brake on right) and it is the same problem. You just can't have decent amount of analogy on sticks such short.

Now we can argue about personal preferences of *feel* while driving, but despite having 2 analogue sticks, Vita just can't offer you the same sensation and appropriate reaction needed for consistency while driving. And not to even throw races longer than few laps in the ring - even Vita is not wide enough to prevent small cramps and loss of stamina in fingers after 10 minutes of constant concentrated driving when its dimensions and position of your hands are in picture. Now throw in manual shifting and you're in the gravel of Suzuka in the first turn of lap 4.

I would be the happiest man alive to get some GT game on Vita and PS3 as a cross platform title, but I really do not see any way to make it enjoyable experience for any race longer than few laps and in constrains of *full core* race setup (no assists, no ABS, real surface grip, changeable weather, etc.) with Vita's ergonomy.

People bashed GTPSP to hell and back, but nobody didn't took into account how actual structure of the game was heavily designed with ergonomy of the PSP in mind. Just go and try to race any stronger car - and I do not even speak about racecars - for more than 5 laps. And then imagine running a 10 lap race with 16 opponents around you on Monaco for instance.

I would welcome compatibility of "big" GT game with Vita, but in some perspective of enhanced functionalities. It would bee great to buy a GT5 Vita application on Store which would allow you to drive short Arcade-Style races as in GTPSP (and than transfer prizes to your main game or unlock cars/tracks for the Arcade mode for instance), manage your B-Spec races and do Remote racing, race your B-Spec driver against other B-Spec drivers online, take photos of cars, watch cloud-save replays on the go, arrange garage on the go, tune your cars, share cars, communicate with Friends on the go, create courses trough Course Editor (of course, to be able to drive them in Test Runs), and dozen of others that I'm too lazy to type - and finally use Vita as an secondary display for the PS3 game, where you can opt to have all in-race data available there as remote HUD in the real-time (or as legendary rear-view mirror, which would be glorious).

But driving another GT game on Vita as a 100% full cross-play game.. No way man. No way without serious downscaling the experience.

I'm with you on this point. GTPSP is interesting. Good for a few laps, when you're far from the "main" GT game... or in the last months, to remember the great GT4 track selection.

But I'm with you both. We don't need another "full" GT game on Vita. Just an "extension" or an extra application.

dream mode: ON
That could be made for Android and be compatible with the whole lineup of Sony Xperia. I can only dream. (they invested on Xperia Play, and now they are full on their line of phones... why not?)
dream mode: OFF

Open world, interesting physics... with that car selection it's almost irresistible. :scared:

Believe me you'll love it. It's like a true adventure with cars as characters exploring the world on wheels. With that variety in a big open area, who wouldn't join in? :P

And I agree with you guys. Honestly Sony would be crazy to put GT on that crazy system. >:\

I agree with you on this 100%.

Here is my post on this matter from one other forum:

Serious driving on handheld(s) sucks, period. Despite heavy assists and buffering in steering, playing GTPSP on PSP was even nowhere near ancient analogy of GT2 for instance (when played with original Dual Shock and analog thumbs).

I had a chance to play few *driving* games on Vita (with analogue steering on left trigger and analogue accel/brake on right) and it is the same problem. You just can't have decent amount of analogy on sticks such short.

Now we can argue about personal preferences of *feel* while driving, but despite having 2 analogue sticks, Vita just can't offer you the same sensation and appropriate reaction needed for consistency while driving. And not to even throw races longer than few laps in the ring - even Vita is not wide enough to prevent small cramps and loss of stamina in fingers after 10 minutes of constant concentrated driving when its dimensions and position of your hands are in picture. Now throw in manual shifting and you're in the gravel of Suzuka in the first turn of lap 4.

I would be the happiest man alive to get some GT game on Vita and PS3 as a cross platform title, but I really do not see any way to make it enjoyable experience for any race longer than few laps and in constrains of *full core* race setup (no assists, no ABS, real surface grip, changeable weather, etc.) with Vita's ergonomy.

People bashed GTPSP to hell and back, but nobody didn't took into account how actual structure of the game was heavily designed with ergonomy of the PSP in mind. Just go and try to race any stronger car - and I do not even speak about racecars - for more than 5 laps. And then imagine running a 10 lap race with 16 opponents around you on Monaco for instance.

I would welcome compatibility of "big" GT game with Vita, but in some perspective of enhanced functionalities. It would bee great to buy a GT5 Vita application on Store which would allow you to drive short Arcade-Style races as in GTPSP (and than transfer prizes to your main game or unlock cars/tracks for the Arcade mode for instance), manage your B-Spec races and do Remote racing, race your B-Spec driver against other B-Spec drivers online, take photos of cars, watch cloud-save replays on the go, arrange garage on the go, tune your cars, share cars, communicate with Friends on the go, create courses trough Course Editor (of course, to be able to drive them in Test Runs), and dozen of others that I'm too lazy to type - and finally use Vita as an secondary display for the PS3 game, where you can opt to have all in-race data available there as remote HUD in the real-time (or as legendary rear-view mirror, which would be glorious).

But driving another GT game on Vita as a 100% full cross-play game.. No way man. No way without serious downscaling the experience.

I (almost) completely agree, but I just cannot imagine Sony not forcing PD to create a Vita flagship game. I would be very surprised and deeply impressed if they had some kind of cross-platform app planned instead, but I just don't see it happening. I do enjoy portable racing games and would buy GTVita, but you're right: its not the same. Doesn't mean it won't happen!
Excellent post, by the way!

Forza Horizon

rFactor 2
Asetto Corsa

and many upcoming arcade racers for WiiU of course.
I'm talking about PS3.
pCARS
GRID 2
DIRT 4
WRC 3
F1 2013
Grid 2 Officially announced? Any link / photo trailer?

Dirt 4, WRC 3, F1 2013 will probably be clones of previous titles, I'm not saying they are bad, but nothing really new.

Most Wanted could be interesting, will they include tuning?

^ It looks somewhat like Pro Street on the track, and Test Drive mix with NFS driving fast on the road and dirt and through traffic on street... :\

I'm talking about PS3.

Grid 2 Officially announced? Any link / photo trailer?

Dirt 4, WRC 3, F1 2013 will probably be clones of previous titles, I'm not saying they are bad, but nothing really new.

Most Wanted could be interesting, will they include tuning?

If you're talking only about racing genre on the PS3, than you're not taking into account more than 75% of potential platforms that also hosts the racing genre. But even than, many of games on the list are multiplattform. So, it is simply not true how there is nothing coming into genre in 2012/13.

As for GRID2, yes, here is the link from the official forums 2 days ago:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/7362273-post101.html

As for "clones of previous titles", you can tell the same for any other game in the genre foundations-wise, so I really fail to see your point here.

And we don't know anything about NFS:Most Wanted, but from logic of "MW" titles so far, if there is going to be *any* tuning, it will be very simple.

sikbeta
GT6 = PS4 Launch Title :cheers:

Yes. And so that Sony don't want to be seen to be putting pressure on, the new console will debut in 2022.

If you're talking only about racing genre on the PS3, than you're not taking into account more than 75% of potential platforms that also hosts the racing genre. But even than, many of games on the list are multiplattform.
I know but if we have no GT related news people with a PS3 will look for other racing games news on the same console.
As for GRID2, yes, here is the link from the official forums 2 days ago:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/7362273-post101.html
Thanks. looking forward to a trailer.
As for "clones of previous titles", you can tell the same for any other game in the genre foundations-wise, so I really fail to see your point here.
Dirt series are good fun but they are very similar to each other. If you completed one you don't feel the hype of a sequel. At least that's my thought. Dirt 2 was great fun but I don't need a Dirt game every year.
And we don't know anything about NFS:Most Wanted, but from logic of "MW" titles so far, if there is going to be *any* tuning, it will be very simple.
No longer interested then. Ok now back to GT, would be great to have some news, but I don't expect anything more than a GT Vita trailer which I couldn't care less.

Bottomline, my PS3 2013 Hype is going to pCars and Grid 2.

Oh and we need more futuristic racing games on PS3, Wipeout is great but Phantom level it's insane. Would be cool if studio Liverpool use the good old Rollcage brand, how cool it was. Basically a mix of Trackmania and Wipeout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back