MY GT5 GALLERY - leeislee

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 744 comments
Two great images. I really like the miev, very subtle but with a big impact. I just don't like the fact that the car is centered on the frame, but it's a great image. 👍

Two great images. I really like the miev, very subtle but with a big impact. I just don't like the fact that the car is centered on the frame, but it's a great image. 👍
Oh no, don't be another blind advocate of the 'nothing in the middle' rule. I've been a photographer for many years and composition covers many rules, not just have everything offset.

It's about weight and space, having the subject offset in a wide panorama with no great background to look at leaves too much space on one side, it makes the side the subject is on too heavy. Sure, it may look good to some and it will look good on certain photos, but on this one it looked poor having the car to one side.

Thats how i do it, i try more types of composition than the basics to see what's best for the photo. But that's just my opinion. Go with whatever makes you happy.

Thanks though, kind words :):):)

Really epic shot. :drool: I like how you added the water drops on the lens, and the car's reflection is done well. The composition isn't bad either.

Yeah i know. Good to see the before and after versions though.

OK, cross that...I preview it on 2048 x 1152...it doesn't look pixelated :dopey:

It looks awesome!

(The reason why I said it looks pixelated first is because I only look the compressed version here on your GTP gallery. sorry)

Oh no, don't be another blind advocate of the 'nothing in the middle' rule. I've been a photographer for many years and composition covers many rules, not just have everything offset.

It's about weight and space, having the subject offset in a wide panorama with no great background to look at leaves too much space on one side, it makes the side the subject is on too heavy. Sure, it may look good to some and it will look good on certain photos, but on this one it looked poor having the car to one side.

Thats how i do it, i try more types of composition than the basics to see what's best for the photo. But that's just my opinion. Go with whatever makes you happy.

Thanks though, kind words :):):)

Hey, don't get me wrong, I am in no way a blind advocate of the "nothing on center rule". ;) And I reckon there are some great shots with the subject on center, and I absolutely agree with you, it's all about weight, space and "eye lines".
I know what you tried to achieve with that shot and I have to say it's a really good one in terms of tones and editing, but part of me just wants to crop the photo, get rid of the panorama and put the subject more to one side. But don't mind me, I am no pro or anything. 👍

About the latest one, is jaw-dropping amazing! Great editing skills you have. :eek:

Hey, don't get me wrong, I am in no way a blind advocate of the "nothing on center rule". ;) And I reckon there are some great shots with the subject on center, and I absolutely agree with you, it's all about weight, space and "eye lines".
I know what you tried to achieve with that shot and I have to say it's a really good one in terms of tones and editing, but part of me just wants to crop the photo, get rid of the panorama and put the subject more to one side. But don't mind me, I am no pro or anything. 👍

About the latest one, is jaw-dropping amazing! Great editing skills you have. :eek:
Cheers mate. I appreciate it :)

I'll say that again . That 458 is F A N T A S T I C !!! :drool: :drool: :drool:
Can I ask you how you made raindrops (on the lens)? Have you made them manually or you have used a texture ?
I know how to make them but yours look so realistic 👍

I'll say that again . That 458 is F A N T A S T I C !!! :drool: :drool: :drool:
Can I ask you how you made raindrops (on the lens)? Have you made them manually or you have used a texture ?
I know how to make them but yours look so realistic 👍
They are real mate. They're from a photo of rain drops on a window. :)

Back