Caterham Fireblade Shootout

• Thread starter Ronald6
  • 117 comments
United States
Portland / Or /
Barefoot_Driver
Welcome to the Caterham 7 Fireblade Shootout!

Signups are now open for Drivers.

This event will begin one week after S2Ks '86 Shootout is over, July 29 (Sunday here). Drivers will have one week to test the vehicles. Round 1 ends and Round two begins Aug 5.

There will be two categories: 'stock' and 'fully modded.'

Group A: 'Stock'
Sports Hard Tyres
The only parts allowed are: Transmission (any); Suspension (any); LSD.
Tracks: GVS and Autumn Ring
Tuners will be broken into groups of five by random. The total combined time for both tracks will determine half the Tuners score (5pts for first place, etc.). The other half will be awarded by the Drivers based on their enjoyment of the vehicle. Again 1 through 5 points, but the Driver can assign the same points multiple times (five tunes: 4, 3, 3, 3, 2.)

Group B: 'Fully Modded'
Racing Medium Tyres
All parts allowed.
Tracks: Deep Forest and SSR5
Again: Groups of five by random but the total combined time is all that matters.

Note to Drivers:
Tyre wear: On, Grip: real.
All aids off. ABS: Drivers Choice. If you plan on running ABS: 0 then you can adjust the BB. (I plan to use ABS: 0 for Group A and 1 for B.)
Best Lap Times must (at least!) adhere to GTPs' UAP. Besides, good luck with these curbs, lol.

Last edited:
List of Tuners and Drivers:

Group A:
Jackthalad
Desperado (Harvey Wallbanger) (possibly)
NewDriver2, tune submitted, pg 2
Trackripper123, tune submitted, pg 3
GranTurist, tune submitted, pg 3

Group B:
Jackthalad
Desperado (possibly)
MrGrado, tune submitted, pg 4
Praiano, tune submitted, pg 2
Onboy123 tune submitted, pg 5
Cap_Shadow, tune submitted, pg 3
Johnyboy532

Drivers:
Ronald6 (G:AB)
Onboy123 (G:A)
MrGrado (G:B)
Metalgear696 (G:AB)
DigitalBaka (G:AB)

Last edited:
Results:

Group B: (3 entries)

NewDriver123:
DigitalBaka: 3:44.839 / 3
MetalGear696: 3:43.975 / ?
Ronald6: 3:41.408 / 3
--total: 11:10.222 / ?

GranTourist:
DigitalBaka: 3:40.320 / 5
MetalGear696: 3:42.079 / ?
Ronald6: 3:39.970 / 4
--total: 11:02.379 / ?

TrackRipper123:
DigitalBaka: 3:42.706 / 3
MetalGear696: 3:43.109 / ?
Ronald6: 3:42.062 / 3
--total: 11:07.877 / ?

Group B: (4 entries)
(MrGrados' times do not count toward scoring)

MrGrado:
DigitalBaka: 2:43.495
Ronald6: 2:43.014
MrGrado: 2:42.115
--total: 5:26.509

OnBoy123:
DigitalBaka: 2:47.115
Ronald6: 2:45.461
MrGrado: 2:40.712
--total: 5:32.576

Praiano:
DigitalBaka: 2:43.304
Ronald6: 2:44.461
MrGrado: 2:44.882
--total: 5:27.765

Cap_Shadow:
DigitalBaka: 2:44.999
Ronald6: 2:45.700
MrGrado: 2:42.528
-total: 5:30.699

In order of ranking:

Group A: (tentative)
1st place with 9.5 pts: GranTourist
2nd place with 7 pts: TrackRipper123
3rd place with 6 pts: NewDriver123

Group B: Final
1st: MrGrado: 5:26.509
2nd: Praiano: 5:27.765
3rd: Cap_Shadow: 5:30.699
4th: OnBoy123: 5:32.567

Congratulations to everyone!

Last edited:
I will enter a tune for both classes.

Only problem is I dont have this car. Can anybody spare two?

I have at least two dozen of them on my first account. I'll send you one. And anyone else who needs one.

@Trackripper:
"I like a 'Sports' tuned 'blade. Stock power parts (perhaps a supercharger), but mainly just the adjustable parts, and Sports Hard tyres." How's that different (besides the SC) than Group A?

Last edited:
Ronald6
I have at least two dozen of them on my first account. I'll send you one. And anyone else who needs one.

@Trackripper:
"I like a 'Sports' tuned 'blade. Stock power parts (perhaps a supercharger), but mainly just the adjustable parts, and Sports Hard tyres." How's that different (besides the SC) than Group A?

Oh, I forgot the "perhaps" in front of the supercharger. :lol:

Put me down for both classes as a Tuna.
Any restrictions on ballast or power limiter for either class?:odd:

Iam in SIr for group a and b but the problem that i don't have Spa tracks i didn't bought it so . What i will do help ? I will be in one track only ??

Ballast and power limiter are fully allowed. But why?
Neither group are set for a specific PP that can be tweaked to reach, just max and min HP.
Ballast might be of use for balancing, but you're going to suffer a Po/Wt reduction compared to the competition.

So Spa's out. Any other ideas for a Group B track? How about one if my personal favorites for this car: Suzuka? (172 laps anyone? lol)

Also: Sports Soft or Racing Medium tyres for Group B?

Welcome aboard Newdriver2.

Hey Ron, sign me up as a Group A tuner. 👍 Always wanted to try one of these things but just haven't gotten around to it. This is as good an excuse as any. :D

I'll be sure to send you a copy of my car once I'm done so you don't spend hours watching the little timer spin. :embarrassed:

As far as Spa, only the drivers need to have it. You could tune the car on a completely different track and pray. :lol: I would say though that Suzuka would be a good replacement if you decide to ditch Spa. GP/F isn't really similar to either of those but possibly a good test as well. SSR5 maybe?

Is it alowed to clutch twin plate , flywheel semi racing and carbon drive shaft with LSD :-) tell me ??! For groub A stock .

@DigitalBaka: Welcome aboard.

SSR5 would be a great track, probably easier to get consistent laps on, which would increase its value as a test track. Spa feels custom made for the car, especially in the in-car view. But it will probably be impossible to ask all the tuners to have it. So SSR5 it is.

@Newdriver: no other parts, sorry.

Shucks I was looking forward to Spa.:( SSR5 is good though.👍👍 Especially since I hate Suzuki...:crazy:

As for ballast, using a little to help the weight distribution may give enough edge in the cornering to more than make up for any loss in acceleration and speed...won't know until I really get into tuning the cars.:drool:

Maybe for the finale it'll be Spa, if the finalists don't have it I'll buy it for them. I could be down for that.

Ballast and power limiter are fully allowed. But why?
Neither group are set for a specific PP that can be tweaked to reach, just max and min HP.
Ballast might be of use for balancing, but you're going to suffer a Po/Wt reduction compared to the competition.

So Spa's out. Any other ideas for a Group B track? How about one if my personal favorites for this car: Suzuka? (172 laps anyone? lol)

Also: Sports Soft or Racing Medium tyres for Group B?

Welcome aboard Newdriver2.

I dont see the point in using ballast or power limiter tbh.

I'm happy with Suzuka.

How about racing hards for group B?
SSR5 would be a great track, probably easier to get consistent laps on, which would increase its value as a test track. Spa feels custom made for the car, especially in the in-car view. But it will probably be impossible to ask all the tuners to have it. So SSR5 it is.
Nooooooooooo,

Keep Spa, this car is perfect for this track :D

Boooooooo..!! Yet another Shootout I'd love to participate in, but can't 👎

On the up side, we'll be moving in in the next week or so and the cable guy is around on Friday to hook us up with internetz, TV and tellingbones 👍

{Cy}

My entry for group B:

This is an old tune but i think it can still give a lot of work to beat on any track.
One more time please, need somebody to build and share my car. Thanks a lot.

CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '2002
oAtynjMPaZbelTu2lP_0.jpg

Fully tuned 254 CH // 400 kg // 614 pp

TIRES: RACING TIRES

ABS 1

Weight Adjustment
-Ballast Amount(kg) : 31 kg
-Ballast Position : -50

Power Limiter : 100%

Transmission :
Gearing In this order please
Reset to Default
Set Final Gear to 3.270
Top Speed - 180 MPH
1st - 4.419
2nd - 3.289
3rd - 2.547
4th - 2.039
5th - 1.683
6th - 1.435
-It Will Give Top Speed Up upper right 171 MPH

LSD :
-Initial Torque : 18
-Acceleration Sensitivity : 50
-Braking sensitivity : 20

Suspension :

-Ride H : F -5 R +10
-Spring R : F 9.0 R 5.0
-Dampers E : F 8 R 1
-Dampers C : F 7 R 2
-Anti-Roll B : F 6 R 4
-Camber A : F 0.5 R 1.8
-Toe Angle : F +0,05 R 0,18

Brake Balance :
- F 3 R 2
PRT-SS-BANNER-1.jpg

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°​

praiano63
My entry for group B:

This is an old tune but i think it can still give a lot of work to beat on any track.
One more time please, need somebody to build and share my car. Thanks a lot.

CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '2002

Fully tuned 254 CH // 400 kg // 614 pp

TIRES: RACING TIRES

ABS 1

Weight Adjustment
-Ballast Amount(kg) : 31 kg
-Ballast Position : -50

Power Limiter : 100%

Transmission :
Gearing In this order please
Reset to Default
Set Final Gear to 3.270
Top Speed - 180 MPH
1st - 4.419
2nd - 3.289
3rd - 2.547
4th - 2.039
5th - 1.683
6th - 1.435
-It Will Give Top Speed Up upper right 171 MPH

LSD :
-Initial Torque : 18
-Acceleration Sensitivity : 50
-Braking sensitivity : 20

Suspension :

-Ride H : F -5 R +10
-Spring R : F 9.0 R 5.0
-Dampers E : F 8 R 1
-Dampers C : F 7 R 2
-Anti-Roll B : F 6 R 4
-Camber A : F 0.5 R 1.8
-Toe Angle : F +0,05 R 0,18

Brake Balance :
- F 3 R 2

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hi Sir . I will build it and share it later on :-)

@Priano:
Welcome aboard. I was hoping you would join.

@Jack: sending you one now. Enjoy. (It's a copy of the one I sent to ACSR. Somehow there was an fail on the download and I got it twice. I don't "dup" on purpose, but hay, it's got chrome, so...)

@Everyone: no need to send me these cars. I can easily assign an individual 'blade for each tuner and build them myself. I can put five on share.

Excellent, getting entries for both Group A and B. I'm hoping tuners and drivers alike see how much fun (G:A) and how dominating it is (G:B).

Tyres will be Racing Mediums for Group B. RS are far too grippy. SS are too weak and RH don't heat enough even with tyre wear on. (Pray for a better tyre system for GT6, but don't hold your breath.)

SSR5 will be replacing Spa (sorry Jack), but it will be featured in the finale for Group B.

Last edited:
Heh, I was telling Trackripper about my quick tune for the Caterham, and the moment I'm not by my PS3, I spot this thread. :ouch:

Yea, I'm in. Ehh&#8230;since I do neither entirely fun nor entirely quick&#8230;speed it is! Group B, tuner. And if I can, I'll see if I can not-die as a tester.

Just thinking&#8230;Bonkers racing cars period (Group B) for a bonkers pseudo-racing car (Group B)&#8230;strange coincidence, eh?

Onboy, I have you down as a Driver for Group A and a Tuner for Group B. Welcome aboard.

I think I would rather see group B use sports soft. I was driving at GVS today on sports hard tires and sports soft tires (tire wear off). Sports hard tires were a bit tricky to drive on and get a tune for (full tuned car), but sports soft tires were 100% fine.

I think I would rather see group B use sports soft. I was driving at GVS today on sports hard tires and sports soft tires (tire wear off). Sports hard tires were a bit tricky to drive on and get a tune for (full tuned car), but sports soft tires were 100% fine.

Yes…but remember, your driving style is completely different to 90 or so percent of us. Cars you can drive with almost unbelievable ease tend to kill us lot one way or the other. :lol:

What was it you said once…? Your driving style: Brake earlier than just about anyone else and you turn in earlier and more gently than just about anyone else. Hence the slight doubt I have that it'll be 100% fine for the rest of us. :lol:

Sounds likea a finesse driving style. Just what's called for with the 'blade.

But remember: Tyre wear = On. Because of its light weight the #7, IMHO, drives better with wear on. If you can break so well try ABS: 0 on a sport tune. After a while you can learn to lock up individual tyres on demand. It's a blast and it sounds like your style.

Also @MrGrato: are you tuning for Group A, B or both?

Adaptation is your friend, silly Boy! :D

Working on getting a feel for the stock 'blade now. Think I can nap between gear changes. :odd:

Also, if posts were bytes I'd have 1k. :lol: ...do these posts make my geek look big? :embarrassed:

"Improvise, adapt, and pass, now you're a driver."
Or
"This is my racer, this is my tuner. This is for fighting, this is for fun."

@Baka: yes, the tranny is, umm, unique?!

Back