SNAIL Tuning and Team Series - Season 2 Sign-ups Open

• Thread starter Vol Jbolaz
  • 632 comments
I'm looking forward to seeing the replays :)

You are welcome to try and watch it live. No idea how full the room will be, though.

I will post the replay files tomorrow. I wish I had enough time to capture and edit them.

You are welcome to try and watch it live. No idea how full the room will be, though.

I will post the replay files tomorrow. I wish I had enough time to capture and edit them.

Sweet! I'll check how many people are in the room in about 10 minutes' time.

I'll watch the replay's tomarrow, can't wait for the results. Also, my team, check your PM and message me the color of your car.

Internet cut out with 2 laps to go! Had trouble joining room, it was saying it wis full even tho it wasnt :( So i started in 2nd to last place, Esh was behind me. Had a good start , and towards the end was sitting 2nd at the time, and slowly gaining on bdubclub who was about 5 seconds ahead, when i was disco'd.

Fun night of racing! Got a little discouraged with having to leave and come back right before the race, losing my qualifying position. Then had a horrible first race, but I pulled myself up out of a hole of selfloathing and am happy with my second race results. Mabye team red could have more than one practice this time?

Ok wow, even tho i got dropped from race 1, and got 3 points :( I started on the pole in race 2, and was able to stay in the lead till time to pit, and was back in 6th i believe when i came out. Hard fought battles to regain the lead, and was able to stay there till the checkered flew. Grats to Diabolic, was able to make his way through the field, and pass bdubclub in the closing laps.
Those 350z's are tough :) Glad to see more then just Mazda's!

.......Were's my cookie!

*EDIT* Goat, why did you have to leave Qualifying?

Great racing tonight everyone. I've never raced so long with such close competition. It obviously effected my focus toward the end of each race. That just means there is room for improvement and I plan to.

I had no tire sound, I feel I am quite dependent on this to be competitive with you guys, so I had to choose. No tire sound or start last.

Good I don't think I can earn points for the team. But I'm still discombobulated about the points and all.

All in all, the points system worked in our favor tonight. Both Goat and I each had one descent finish, and one horrible finish. Basically, our horrible finishes will not count towards the constructors' championship. I feel a lot less bad about the second race knowing that. :D

I enjoyed it. Now, later in the season, gray will get it all going, and get some podiums and maybe a win.

Okay, I'll update the second and third posts with some details, and I'll put more details in the spreadsheets, but for now...

Here is the spreadsheet!

Basically, Blue got robbed. They would be clearly in the lead if not for their disconnect.

Mazda Rotarysport had some problems getting started and they have started behind.

As to the racing itself, that was totally awesome!!! I'm not fast, but the Z33 doesn't have the tire fade of the FDs, so I was able to keep up with much better drivers than me. As expected, I wasn't fast enough to contribute to my team points, but I still had a great time.

I hope to see everyone next week!

Basically, Blue got robbed. They would be clearly in the lead if not for their disconnect.

Mazda Rotarysport had some problems getting started and they have started behind.

What a great start! I'm happy it's not all rotaries! Blue really did get robbed, but I expected nothing less from the cyborg and Mr Mopar.

What do the columns under Races mean?

On the Teams sheet, they are just raw data.

So, on the Teams sheet, column B is a sum of the scores from columns C-E (drop the lowest) and F-H (drop the lowest). C-E are the scores for each of the team's drivers from Race 1, and F-H are from Race 2. For now, it works, but I'm not excited about it.

I might come up with something better by next week.

Ok wow, even tho i got dropped from race 1, and got 3 points :( I started on the pole in race 2, and was able to stay in the lead till time to pit, and was back in 6th i believe when i came out. Hard fought battles to regain the lead, and was able to stay there till the checkered flew. Grats to Diabolic, was able to make his way through the field, and pass bdubclub in the closing laps.
Those 350z's are tough :) Glad to see more then just Mazda's!

.......Were's my cookie!

*EDIT* Goat, why did you have to leave Qualifying?

I had no tire sound and had to leave as well.

I had no tire sound, I feel I am quite dependent on this to be competitive with you guys, so I had to choose. No tire sound or start last.
My tire noise cut out about 6 minutes into qualifying, so I jumped out and back in, luckily was able to get one flyer in so I ended up starting 3rd race one. Got off to a good start following kcheeb and dabney. Had quite the battle with kcheeb, made a mistake going up the hill dropping two wheels in the dirt, lucky I escaped losing just a couple seconds, could have been ugly. Got back going with my teammate zero right on my tail, put my head down and once again closed the gap to kcheeb. This time it only took me a few laps to get around him, and I was off after dabney who had a bit of a gap. He made a mistake, and I was off. From then on I was just trying to manage my gaps, making sure I didnt throw it away. Had mopar putting in a charge at the end, until he d/c'd, after that it was just a cruise to the finish.👍
Second race was going to be tough, mopar was starting on pole after his d/c, I knew we would all be racing for second. Got thru the pack much better than some(esh seemed to get screwed both races coming thru traffic). Got up to second about 10 seconds down from mopar, worked it down to about 4.5 with 4 laps to go, but cooked my tires trying to catch him and had some mistakes,(two wheels off on the uphill, once again) that allowed diabolic to close in on my tail, had nothing for him, I was lucky to hold off esh as he seemed to be the fastest driver on track in the late stages race two.
All in all, a 1, 3 score secured the overall on a track I can't stand, have to be happy about that.👍

I'm probably spam the thread today, but something I just noticed...

If we counted the total points from all drivers, then my team would be in first. *boogie* If we counted the average of all drivers, then my team would be in second. *boogie-oogie*

Sorry, am a really bad driver, probably the slowest here, so I look for little things like that to make me feel better. And that is all down to the car, really.

I'm just happy to have finished the WHOLE race! I've had an odd stretch of bad luck / timing with just getting any racing in to completion over the last month or so with either being out of town, my son getting sick, or it being obscenely hot where my setup is stored (raced in my underwear last night).

I did have a less than desirable experience in traffic for most of the night but what did me in I think was that after I got through the traffic, there was no one to draft and the gap was too large to overcome. That said, for I'm guessing a block of 10-12 laps in race 2 I was never outside of 9-10 seconds behind mopar. I did peel that away in the last few laps to 7+ but I assume that was tire wear.

Chasing bdub in race two was very thrilling. We were running (as I was not really gaining) 32s and 33s for many laps. I closed to just behind him with 5ish laps to go but realized if I passed he'd have my draft to conserve tires. I backed off for 2 laps and let him slip 4-5 second ahead before resuming the chase during lap 22.

I mismanaged the first race by conserving my tires for too long. I ran my quickest laps with only a hangul to go. By the end I was rapidly catching bdub (over a second a lap) but I needed at least 1 & probably 2 for a clean pass.

I've got to say last night was an resounding success on all fronts. I got to participate in some great competition, some excellent teamwork and awesome sportsmanship.

👍 to everyone taking part, next Tuesday is going to be a rush :)

Big thanks to Vol and everyone that contributed to the ideas for putting this together, way cool.

P.S. one of my biggest pay offs last night was hearing the excitement in Vol's voice after the races, I was ear to ear.

P.S. one of my biggest pay offs last night was hearing the excitement in Vol's voice after the races, I was ear to ear.

It was a great success. I'm still buzzed about it today.

A huge thanks to everyone that turned out. Thanks to everyone for putting in the time to build the cars. I knew my team got some practices in, and I saw other teams getting together for practices.

And the racing was fantastic. Most of the time, I saw other cars. And when I didn't, I was still close enough that I knew the gaps between me and the driver infront and the driver behind were changing, and things could change.

And I really like the team aspect. For now, my points don't matter (though, it is nice to know my points would be enough to make a difference if they did). And the races aren't but so long, and there wasn't much in the way of draft-able areas on the track last night.

In the first race, I was too slow to even see my teammates. But with reverse grid on the second race, there was a point where I really got to help! I couldn't help Dabney. He was in a big group of cars, and I just let them go without putting up a fight. But when Cheeb came by, I was able to let him pass me and then slip in behind him. I then raced a little conservatively to hold up Melancholy. Once Mel got by me, then I tried to chase him down. But I at least gave Cheeb a little bit of a head start.

Next week is going to be crazy. I think the teams will get their cars more focused now that they've seen the competition, and the course itself isn't as technical, so I'm not sure if that'll mean we'll stay in a clump for longer or if the blue Shelby cars will run away (and we'll see the legs on the FDs).

Is there a way to see who got what points? Mostly I want to see how i did against Vol.
Since we are in the same league and very close in skill, I considered you my closest competition. When I was driving next to you I was SWEATIN'!

Is there a way to see who got what points? Mostly I want to see how i did against Vol.
Since we are in the same league and very close in skill, I considered you my closest competition. When I was driving next to you I was SWEATIN'!

Hey Goat, the second tab, Drivers, of the spreadsheet has the points and the third tab, 2012-07-10 will have the usual S.N.A.I.L. stats when Vol has a chance to update them.

Last edited:
Thanks. I don't know my way around a spreadsheet so the link was helpful. Where are these TABS you speak of?

Thanks. I don't know my way around a spreadsheet so the link was helpful. Where are these TABS you speak of?

Along the bottom of the grid area, there will be tabs that are named, Teams, Drivers, 2012.07.10.

If you click the Tab Name you'll see a new spreadsheet, in the case of Drivers, you''ll see the points summary for each Driver, for 2012.07.10 you'll see the race results for each driver.

Back