◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,805 comments
You're more modern than I was, dylan....I got a '93 MX-5. Saving grace is that, according to mygranturismo, it has the highest level of rarity (10) :lol:

…that just mean nobody wants it…or will admit to owning it.

I have em all on my 'main' account - only 1 car left to churn through on the used car dealership. :crazy:

That's probably among my bigger beefs with GT5, really. How are the various iterations of Miata, or S2000, or the RX-7 somehow relevant compared to other cars? There are other eras and cars that would have been nice to include for racing. Heck, even multi-color or patterned paint schemes other than "Hey, you want one solid color? Great! Mind you, that's all we can do, bub..."

That and being able to add other parts and stuff to cars - or - shudder at the thought - being able to customize something. (Drop a V-8 into a VW Bug? That's just crazy talk - you can't really do that... right, Kaz?)

Or maybe a track editor that doesn't make me feel that Mod Nation Racers is like 4 steps ahead...

I'm enjoying GT5, but I'm really hoping the next edition has the customization that so many other franchises have used successfully this year (and last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...).

Normally Friday is Magic Lap but it's not going this week. I will probably be on later in the evening doing some kind of racing since I have an unexpected free weekend.

Apologies; I am going to withdraw from the series; I don't spend enough time playing GT5 to run in 3 different cars on 3 different tracks and be competitive.

Enjoy your racing 👍

Sorry to here that!

If your free on Sat. nights, there is also the S.P.E.C. Racing - Saturday's Premier Enduro Club at 10:00pm eastern.
Sorry that I don't know how to post the link:guilty: but I'm sure you can find it.:)

If it looks like something you can do , post for a friend request and cmbeal317 will add you to the S.P.E.C. Racing lounge.

We are practicing tomorrow night with using a pace car next season.

Come join us!

esh
Can't find vid of that film I was talking about but it's called Rendezvous and it's with a Ferrari, not sure it's the 512 though. Running with bumper cam reminded me of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68dLdECTJU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

275 gtb

Great video! When I started watching it, I recalled seeing it before. Did you notice this link in the description below. They definitely don't give the impression that it was fake. Where did you see/hear that it was?

btw, Bowler joined Vail and I after you left and beat my time with a 40.089! I had to leave, but he may have hit the 39's by now. :eek:

zer05ive
Great video! When I started watching it, I recalled seeing it before. Did you notice this link in the description below. They definitely don't give the impression that it was fake. Where did you see/hear that it was?

btw, Bowler joined Vail and I after you left and beat my time with a 40.089! I had to leave, but he may have hit the 39's by now. :eek:

I thought I read either on Wired or Jalopnik some time ago about people contesting the soundtrack not being in line with the actual speed of the car etc. I don't think it was staged but I don't think that car in the video was driven at the speeds the audio would suggest.

Tomorrow night should be interesting there.

Never did run into the 39's but I was able to run consistent 40.1 and 40.2 during a 15 lap race. Last lap of the race was 40.189.

Hi, thanks for your interest. Are you actually in Ireland as your flag indicates or are really in an North American time zone?
Yes i am from the great land of ireland.does it matter where i am from.i was asked to join bye the drivers here!

Yes i am from the great land of ireland.does it matter where i am from.i was asked to join bye the drivers here!

Paddy, it is merely a concern for network latency. Your geographical distant puts you at a network disadvantage. Can you do a speed test to a North American test site?

Back