CUBES @ OVALS *MCRC* Congrats @ Turismo.M.G!-Phouchg-MSTER232-Geeky30!

Hmmm, send fr to PSN: vcrc
We'll go there. I can sign in right now.
 
We're in the VCRC lounge right now, because i Know everyone available has that added.
 
Sorry Melon, have just come on Gtplanet now:nervous:

Can race tomorrow and Wedn:tup:
 
I can make the week day events. Sign me up psn-sethfraz22
 
25 August Saturday @ 10am US EDT / 3pm UK BST / 4pm CEST / 14:00 UTC/GMT
definitely / probably / possibly / NOT possible
26 August Sunday @ 4pm US EDT / 9pm UK BST / 10pm CEST / 20:00 UTC/GMT
definitely / probably / possibly / NOT possible
28 August Tuesday @ 3pm US EDT / 8pm UK BST / 9pm CEST / 19:00 UTC/GMT
definitely / probably / possibly / NOT possible
29 August Wednesday @ 3pm US EDT / 8pm UK BST / 9pm CEST / 19:00 UTC/GMT
definitely / probably / possibly / NOT possible
31 August Friday @ 3pm US EDT / 8pm UK BST / 9pm CEST / 19:00 UTC/GMT
definitely / probably / possibly / NOT possible
1 September Saturday @ 10am US EDT / 3pm UK BST / 4pm CEST / 14:00 UTC/GMT
definitely / probably / possibly / NOT possible
2 September Sunday @ 4pm US EDT / 9pm UK BST / 10pm CEST / 20:00 UTC/GMT
definitely / probably / possibly / NOT possible
EDIT: I don't have a Cube yet, but i usually see one often.;)
 
Last edited:
Good racing with you guys, and I hope you will remember that "think outside the Cube" moment at Indy Speedway we had today 👍 .
 
Really enjoyed it today, if you are not sure whether to take part or not, DO IT!

You will have a silly grin stack to your face the whole time!
 
I've updated my above post – basically I'm in for Friday and out for anything else.
 
Hah so you actually did race today? didn't expect that actually.. the announcement was made so late :P but i'll show up some other times :) definately on wednesday.
 
Results
25 August Saturday


  1. goldtrophy.gif
    Turismo.M.G! / webbithegooner / Passionate Pink (9pts)
  2. silvertrophy.gif
    watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light (6pts)
  3. bronzetrophy.gif
    MSTER232 / MSTER232 / Yellow (5pts)

The perk of 3 cars in a race is that everyone makes the podium. :lol: :sly:

Race #1 @ Motegi Super Speedway
  1. Turismo.M.G! / webbithegooner / Passionate Pink (3pts)
  2. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light (2pts)
  3. MSTER232 / MSTER232 / Yellow (1pt)
Race #2 @ Daytona Super Speedway
  1. Turismo.M.G! / webbithegooner / Passionate Pink (3pts)
  2. MSTER232 / MSTER232 / Yellow (2pts)
  3. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light (1pt)
Race #3 @ Indy Super Speedway
  1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light (3pts)
  2. MSTER232 / MSTER232 / Yellow (2pts)
  3. Turismo.M.G! / webbithegooner / Passionate Pink (1pt)

Race #1 @ Motegi Super Speedway

20120825motegi05%20copy.jpg

Turismo.M.G! said he was worried about blending in when he took his Cube to GT Auto to give it a paint! ;)

20120825motegi06%20copy.jpg


20120825motegi07%20copy.jpg


20120825motegi09%20copy.jpg

Turismo.M.G! crossing the finish line in 1st place, after having blinded his opponents with pink! :lol: :sly:

Race #2 @ Daytona Super Speedway

20120825daytona04%20copy.jpg


20120825daytona05%20copy.jpg

Pretty boxy!!! :lol:

20120825daytona06%20copy.jpg


20120825daytona07%20copy.jpg


20120825daytona08%20copy.jpg


20120825daytona09%20copy.jpg


20120825daytona10%20copy.jpg

Turismo.M.G! crossing the finish line in 1st place, again (*sigh* :rolleyes:), even surviving the apron! :lol:
(Which granted, the apron doesn't seem that threatening in the Cube. :lol: :dopey:)


Race #3 @ Indy Super Speedway

20120825indy03%20copy.jpg


20120825indy04%20copy.jpg

Right before Turismo.M.G! found out he couldn't manage a slipstream battle while having a phone call...
not even in a Cube. :( :lol:


20120825indy05%20copy.jpg

MSTER232, having decided to "Think outside the Cube". :lol:

20120825indy07%20copy.jpg

I got him though!! :lol: :sly:
(Though I had to do some of my own "outside the cubeness". :rolleyes:)
(The stewards probably should've penalized us both... but it would not have changed the results. :lol:)


Simply hilarious! Can't wait to do it again. :D :lol:
 
I should be able to make it today. :)👍
 
Me too! should be fun, last time i was ovalracing it was in an open room online, crash mayhem in other words.. this should be better. :)
 
Okey i just checked my garage and i do have a Nissan Cube just as you required!💡 Frankly my garage is so big i forget what cars i own sometimes:lol: My Nissan Cube is the exact one asked for. I got it from the used car dealer, got an oil change, car wash, engine restoration, chasis maintenance, rim change, custom paint and no upgrades:) Will this do?:)
 
Okay late sign-ups so I'm going to be in the VCRC lounge.
ADD ON PSN: VCRC

Does everyone have that added?

And yes, basically no aero and everything at default for tuning prohibited.
 
I'm in VCRC's lounge now but it feels awfully empty
 
Okay late sign-ups so I'm going to be in the VCRC lounge.
ADD ON PSN: VCRC

Does everyone have that added?

And yes, basically no aero and everything at default for tuning prohibited.

I can't find VCRC on my list, I didn't erase it though!! :scared:
 
Still totally empty in VCRC lounge.. :P Am I in the right lounge? ^^
 
I sent an FR to VCRC. (Though I'm sure I had it already...)
 
Aaaaawsome racing tonight! Who knew racing geometry (cubes on ovals :P ) would be so fun? Extra awesome that I won some races of course. :)
 
Bah again! Just realized I have a prior engagement Friday (golfing) so I can't make any of this event.

Poo.
 
Great googly moogly what races!
Thanks everyone for coming out.
I'll post results (and likely photomodes) tomorrow. 👍

Sorry you can't make it Apmaddock! :(
 
Sorry my internet was down, yesterday, so couldn't join:nervous:

Looked like you all had fun:)
 
Results
26 August Sunday

  1. goldtrophy.gif
    Phouchg / xNikodemusx / yellow (16pts)
  2. silvertrophy.gif
    MSTER232 / MSTER232 / orange (10pts)
  3. bronzetrophy.gif
    aceboy127 / aceboy127 / blue (9pts)
  4. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / Paprika Orange Metallic (8pts)
  5. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light (8pts)
  6. greest_lightnin / greest_lightnin / black (6pts)
Race #1 @ Motegi Super Speedway
  1. Phouchg / xNikodemusx / yellow
  2. MSTER232 / MSTER232 / orange
  3. aceboy127 / aceboy127 / blue
  4. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light
  5. greest_lightnin / greest_lightnin / black
Race #2 @ Daytona Super Speedway
  1. Phouchg / xNikodemusx / yellow
  2. MSTER232 / MSTER232 / orange
  3. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light
  4. aceboy127 / aceboy127 / blue
  5. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / Paprika Orange Metallic
  6. greest_lightnin / greest_lightnin / black
Race #3 @ Indy Super Speedway
  1. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / Paprika Orange Metallic
  2. Phouchg / xNikodemusx / yellow
  3. greest_lightnin / greest_lightnin / black
  4. aceboy127 / aceboy127 / blue
  5. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light
  6. MSTER232 / MSTER232 / orange

Race #1 @ Motegi Super Speedway

20120826motegi00%20copy.jpg


20120826motegi01%20copy.jpg


20120826motegi02%20copy.jpg


20120826motegi04%20copy.jpg


20120826motegi05%20copy.jpg

Aceboy127: "5 wide is too much!"

20120826motegi06%20copy.jpg

Pretty close finish!

Race #2 @ Daytona Super Speedway

20120826daytona00%20copy.jpg


20120826daytona01%20copy.jpg

wat3rm370n (green) gets boxed up in a mix-up early on & spins out!

20120826daytona02%20copy.jpg


20120826daytona03%20copy.jpg


20120826daytona04%20copy.jpg


20120826daytona05%20copy.jpg

Phouchg / xNikodemusx waits up to bump draft w/ wat3rm370n! (Saved!)

20120826daytona06%20copy.jpg


20120826daytona07%20copy.jpg


20120826daytona08%20copy.jpg

Aceboy127 (blue) & MSTER232 (orange) start their battle for the draft of greest_lightnin (black)

20120826daytona10%20copy.jpg

GranTurismo916 / atongo619 (Paprika Orange) watches the craziness up ahead!

20120826daytona11%20copy.jpg


20120826daytona12%20copy.jpg


20120826daytona13%20copy.jpg

Aceboy127 (blue) losing the battle for the draft of greest_lightnin (black), having gotten boxed up & spun out

20120826daytona14%20copy.jpg


20120826daytona15%20copy.jpg

GranTurismo916 / atongo619 (Paprika Orange) *rubs hands together* :lol:

20120826daytona16%20copy.jpg

wat3rm370n (green) & Phouchg / xNikodemusx (yellow) continue bump drafting gaining time each lap - regaining after being 30 seconds down from the lead!

20120826daytona17%20copy.jpg

Aceboy127 (blue) finds new draft partner, GranTurismo916 / atongo619 (Paprika Orange)

20120826daytona18%20copy.jpg

wat3rm370n (green) & Phouchg / xNikodemusx (yellow) catch up

20120826daytona19%20copy.jpg

and overtake

20120826daytona20%20copy.jpg

On the last lap, all cars reunite in the draft

20120826daytona21%20copy.jpg

Crossing the finish line in a close crowded clump!

Race #3 @ Indy Super Speedway

20120826indy00%20copy.jpg


20120826indy01%20copy.jpg


20120826indy02%20copy.jpg


20120826indy04%20copy.jpg


20120826indy05%20copy.jpg


20120826indy06%20copy.jpg


20120826indy07%20copy.jpg

MSTER232 / MSTER232 / orange has an extremely early onset senior moment, and confuses CUBES @ OVALS for being a dirty NASCAR pub lobby. :sly:
20120826indy08%20copy.jpg


20120826indy09%20copy.jpg
 
That shot where we're all in a diagonal line across the track looks pretty cool 👍 !
 
Wow I didn't realize just how close those finishes were, pretty lucky to win those two first ones. :P Love the clump finish in the second one, still can't believe we caught up. Was almost giving up when we wre still dropping more and more behind after a couple of laps trying to bump draft. But then we really got it and was going sooo fast. :)
 
Wow I didn't realize just how close those finishes were, pretty lucky to win those two first ones. :P Love the clump finish in the second one, still can't believe we caught up. Was almost giving up when we wre still dropping more and more behind after a couple of laps trying to bump draft. But then we really got it and was going sooo fast. :)

You guys who fell behind were lucky. I still can't believe you caught up just before the finish line where me and the driver in the black cube were pretty much half a track length ahead. It's pretty safe to say that a miracle happened :scared: .
 
I'm bored; is anyone up for some practice in the VCRC lounge?
 
Well it turns out today is the day I have free, not tomorrow. Maybe I'll show up a little late tomorrow though.

I might just come on Friday though, instead. Depends on when my Cube is ready. :D
 
Back