◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Glad to see that round 2 is staying. 👍

Not only is it staying, but it may have set a record! After tallying up the elimination votes from all five divisions in the league, Round 2 only received one single elimination vote! :eek:

This is my pick for photo-finish of the night in D2. Racefan got me by a hair for 4th in the second Civic race:

7870641676_9b9875b9ed_h.jpg

Nice shot! Too bad you got edged out though.. I definitely know how that feels! :sly:

Whoever gets the vote for round 3, I recommend changing the track and keeping the BMW around another week, truly a fun car, and would like to see it get opened up a bit more. Just my own opinion though =)

zeromisfit999
whoever gets the vote for round 3, i recommend changing the track and keeping the bmw around another week, truly a fun car, and would like to see it get opened up a bit more. Just my own opinion though =)

+1

Whoever gets the vote for round 3, I recommend changing the track and keeping the BMW around another week, truly a fun car, and would like to see it get opened up a bit more. Just my own opinion though =)

Based on our current prize structure, whoever ends up winning D4 will get to make this choice. Right now it's Da_Panda_Bear, but that won't be made official until the racing complaint deadline passes.

That being said, I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with how the new prize structure played out this month. I think for the most part it turned out well, but there need to be some tweaks to simplify who gets to win the prizes each week.

If anyone has any ideas on how we can improve the "formula", please let me know so that we discuss. I'd like to have something "new and improved" in place for the September season. 👍

Not only is it staying, but it may have set a record! After tallying up the elimination votes from all five divisions in the league, Round 2 only received one single elimination vote! :eek:

Wow. We need Dabney to pick the combo more often 👍

Nice shot! Too bad you got edged out though.. I definitely know how that feels! :sly:

That's nuts. .002 is closer than we were. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think it was something like seven thousandths.

Based on our current prize structure, whoever ends up winning D4 will get to make this choice. Right now it's Da_Panda_Bear, but that won't be made official until the racing complaint deadline passes.

That being said, I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with how the new prize structure played out this month. I think for the most part it turned out well, but there need to be some tweaks to simplify who gets to win the prizes each week.

If anyone has any ideas on how we can improve the "formula", please let me know so that we discuss. I'd like to have something "new and improved" in place for the September season. 👍

Here is an idea from the N00B of the league haha. Actually I have a few ideas for prize structure.

Add an additional prize, that is like a lottery. Every week after the races, one player from one division receives a prize (may keep some of the newer players around, being rewarded simply for trying rather than being discouraged)

Edit: I am pretty sure we already have a thread lottery, but maybe something like "winning name here" gets his cars broken in for him, and purchased in his paint and rim color.

Make a structure being as there are 5 Sunday's just about every other month, that one division per week will be rewarded.

I.E. Week 1: "Insert Division 1 name player here" received most points and gets to choose.

Week 2: "Insert division 2 name player here" received most points and gets to choose. 💡

The only downside in that idea, is that the months with 4 Sunday's, a division would be left out. But you could then go to the points system for the final week? Just random 4:30 am ideas

If that would get too confusing, you could possibly go by total points, but if someone is completely dominating a division then that wouldn't quite be fair either.

I agree with Zero, I like the car but was very unfamiliar with Rome reverse. I did much better with the NSX which I was surprised myself since that baby likes to shake tail a lot; that of course until my cat decided to disconnect my wheel out of power.

Well, it's not less complicated, but I had an idea kicking around my head for a while.

Basically, the higher divisions get more chances for Prize A. Prize B and C would go to any division, so the following only applies to Prize A.

Div1 - Up to 4 Prize As each month
Div2 - Up to 3
Div3 - Up to 2
Div4 - Up to 1
Div5 - None

This is not meant to harm Div5, but that Division is considered to be more of an introductory division, so I've left them out. I've no qualms against letting them choose a prize, though, so you could just bump each number up by one.

Like I said, that list is how many times any one division could win Prize A each month. The winner would continue to be picked simply by who has the highest P100 score that week. The Prizes B and C would go to the division winners with the next highest scores, regardless of division or previous winnings that month.

I guess it makes some things easier and rewards those in higher divisions for their harder competition, but it is another bit of info to keep track of.

Hey guys, as we wake up this morning, after a long night of dreaming about your races (some may be having nightmares instead) and as you start to go about your daily activities, take some time to think about an incidents you were involved in. If you feel you pulled a maneuver that would warrant steward review, don't hesitate to contact a steward about it. Or if you got jammed up, pushed off, rammed, crammed, creamed, smeared, smashed, bashed, or any other descriptor that goes against the snail orl, please do file a complaint. To see it so much as complaining though. Gt5 doesn't allow us very much in the means of correcting bad driving, as such, this process is the only means we have to correct ting and fixing unclean racing. Snail prides itself on the fact that we are not just a group of open lobby racers. In order to maintain, everyone needs to be on board, and that means with the complaint process as well. I'm not a big fan of "if your not part of the solution, then your part of the problem," however, that's kinda how it is when it comes to keeping our league dirt free. We are all at least mature enough here to be able to stand a bit of constructive criticism.
Remember snails, clean racing is your right, and your responsibility.

The Official​
S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY​

Monday every week, all S.N.A.I.L. members who raced in Sundays races will be automatically entered into the S.N.A.I.L. lottery.
I will randomly give all racers a # and roll dice to get the winner. They will be awarded anything from D1 stockpile.

This week's S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY winner is.....

tcrash15​

Just post or PM me what you would like for a prize.

So uh, how do people feel about formula cars around here...

I'd be down, but I assume it wouldn't really promote close racing. Especially for those rocking the DS3.

2. Looks like D3 drivers are stepping up their game! I'm gonna need to start practicing if I want to hang with you guys. Especially when it's an FF car. Or a track I never race (Motegi).

C. As far as prizes go, I've never been a fan of the current most-points-wins system. To me, it seems like that just rewards racers who need to be moved up. D3 drivers are so evenly matched, that we will rarely have a chance at a prize. (Except when we have someone like Jazz who was consistently 2 seconds a lap faster than me.) If you want to keep it simple, I say just randomize it. Throw the P1 drivers in and hat and draw. Or if you really want to mix it up, throw in P1-P3 from each division and draw. :)

Two things, I don't recall the rules stating one HAS to race in order to vote. Second, why would Division 5 be considered introductory? New snails are always placed there. Or were you implying something else?

Two things, I don't recall the rules stating one HAS to race in order to vote. Second, why would Division 5 be considered introductory? New snails are always placed there. Or were you implying something else?

Just because there isn't a rule doesn't mean there shouldn't be. I feel like if they didn't bother to race it, then they aren't making a completely informed decision.

You could also call it a prize for those that do bother to show up.

There was a time when all new members were placed into the lowest division. That was quite a while ago, and is no longer the practice. So I think Ap would revise that policy and include D5.

As to his policy, I don't think it should be weighted toward D1 at all. Just because they are better drivers, doesn't mean we should let them dictate all of the car/track combos. Mix it up a little.

I do admit that division winners may just be people that need to be promoted more so than people that really fought for a good finish.

C. As far as prizes go, I've never been a fan of the current most-points-wins system. To me, it seems like that just rewards racers who need to be moved up. D3 drivers are so evenly matched, that we will rarely have a chance at a prize. (Except when we have someone like Jazz who was consistently 2 seconds a lap faster than me.) If you want to keep it simple, I say just randomize it. Throw the P1 drivers in and hat and draw. Or if you really want to mix it up, throw in P1-P3 from each division and draw. :)

If you're going for simplification, I think this is the direction to go. It also doesn't make a ton of sense to me to restrict the number of times a division can win a prize per month. If we're drawing division winners names randomly, we could just say that an individual can only win each prize once per month.

The biggest drawback is that it would be technically possible to win enough times so that by the last Sunday of the month you would be ineligible for any prizes. But, it would be pretty unlikely unless the same 5 people are always winning the divisions. My statistics is pretty rusty (never took it, haha), but I'm guessing we could run this prize format for a year without much of a chance that someone would win a prize in each of the first 3 weeks in a month.

Well, it's not less complicated, but I had an idea kicking around my head for a while.

Basically, the higher divisions get more chances for Prize A. Prize B and C would go to any division, so the following only applies to Prize A.

Div1 - Up to 4 Prize As each month
Div2 - Up to 3
Div3 - Up to 2
Div4 - Up to 1
Div5 - None

This is not meant to harm Div5, but that Division is considered to be more of an introductory division, so I've left them out. I've no qualms against letting them choose a prize, though, so you could just bump each number up by one.

Like I said, that list is how many times any one division could win Prize A each month. The winner would continue to be picked simply by who has the highest P100 score that week. The Prizes B and C would go to the division winners with the next highest scores, regardless of division or previous winnings that month.

I guess it makes some things easier and rewards those in higher divisions for their harder competition, but it is another bit of info to keep track of.

To the victor goes the spoils?

I am not so worried about what division gets to choose the most prizes but I do feel that it will take a way a bit of the fun for us in lower divisions if we never get to choose prizes. Might I suggest that the only limit has to do with racers not divisions?

If each person could only choose a prize once a month then you would not have the problem of someone constantly winning a division. That seems more fair than saying since you are slower you do not get to choose.

Chiochan
The Official
S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY

Monday every week, all S.N.A.I.L. members who raced in Sundays races will be automatically entered into the S.N.A.I.L. lottery.
I will randomly give all racers a # and roll dice to get the winner. They will be awarded anything from D1 stockpile.

This week's S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY winner is.....

tcrash15

Just post or PM me what you would like for a prize.

Why , thanks! I'll let you know when I get home tonight.

Personally I'd hate to see only some of the divisions get to choose Prizes. I think everyone needs a fair opportunity. No one should get special attention because of the division they're in. Keep it simple.

As far as the formula's they're fun to drive but will definitely Not promote close racing

Interactive Format
Our unique format allows everyone to have a say on which cars and tracks we race. It is also used to strike a balance between familiarity and variety of cars and tracks. In other words, the progression of cars and tracks that we race is slow enough for us to learn them well, but fast enough that they don't get "old". At the end of league night, all of the drivers (except for the prize winners) get to vote on which car and track combo they enjoyed the least. The combo that receives the most votes is dropped from the lineup. The combo that receives the second most votes is also dropped, but only partially. This is where our prizes play an important role in our interactive format.

Taken from the first post. It already is a rule. If you're not there then you're not a driver on that given night.

zer05ive
If my memory is correct that one vote came from someone who did not have the track and was not able to race on it:(

Maybe the verbiage should read "all participating drivers" for clarity because unless I am missing something, it doesn't technically say you have to race, it says drivers. Wouldn't anyone on kcheeb's list be considered a driver?

Last edited:
Just noticed this watching a replay from last night. Are any points awarded for punting a cone over the power lines?

7873557672_b187180f3e_h.jpg

GOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLL! :dopey:

If we were to go with a totally random draw for prize winners, as some have suggested, there wouldn't be much of a reward for winning your division on a given night. Now, I understand we all do this for fun, not for the prizes, but I like having the extra incentive of a prize for winning. Now, perhaps the practice of awarding the best prize to the driver who scores the most points (out of all the division winners) isn't the best idea, since it rewards drivers who race in unballanced divisions and penalizes those in evenly matched ones, but I don't think total randomization is the way to go.

Back