◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Any late night S.N.A.I.L insomniacs out there? I am headed to D1 to do some practicing assuming I do not get any calls. Sometimes being on-call sucks. Actually being on-call almost always sucks:(

What are the other SNAILs using anyways?

f8ce0d6f.jpg

226cb446.jpg

c7f5e7ed.jpg

Still needs some finishing touches like trimming down the wood piece that is holding the wheel as well as raising the pedals a bit and getting a proper seat. But on the plus side its is a permanent setup and right next to my desk for easy access.

im still up jobe, working on the lambo races, but ill do some driving with you if you want.

Don't get me started on the Lambo seasonal, I've been struggling with it every time I attempt it 🤬

The only consolation is that my UCD is getting refreshed rather often :lol:

I got 4th in rome just now, gonna try one more before I head in for some practice... Start school thursday, a lot of painting/figure drawing/creative writing bs to deal with, so I'm gonn ahave to manage my time well haha. What lambo you using? I got the Gallardo

Nice book collection there joby. I've read and listened to all of the dark tower series about 5 times. Even have a different psn account, Blaine.the.mono. and RA Salvatore has been a favorite since I first got into fantasy. Drizzt has an awesome story. I can't wait for book 14 of the wheel of time. Once I finish up the songs of ice and fire (aka the game of thrones, about done with the third book) I'm gonna get back into the black company again. Or more Thomas Covenant.

So in summary.. jobyone drives with his head through the windshield..
c7f5e7ed.jpg

Still needs some finishing touches like trimming down the wood piece that is holding the wheel as well as raising the pedals a bit and getting a proper seat. But on the plus side its is a permanent setup and right next to my desk for easy access.

while Dragonwhisky drives from the backseat! :lol:
Here be my racin' station.

408267_272043979575144_505876732_n.jpg

zeromisfit999
I'm working on mastering the ring in the rain, can't get gold trophies to save my life haha

Yea just slow down and be smooth. In that AMG Academy you really dont even have to push, just be clean n smooth

Lmao.

I hadn't thought of it that way....

I did wonder a bit about how close jobyone's set up is. He might have some vision issues that require it be that close. I figured it might be impolite to ask.

Went to a lan party years ago and watched a guy that was legally blind playing bf1942, desert combat mod, and his nose was literally 1 inch from his 22 inch monitor. He was pretty good too.

:@: OshawaJoe,

Ok got my F10 set up I think. Don't think I ever tuned it for anything specific. I've already got 650+ miles on it and just changed the oil. Sitting at 726HP and 878PP. Only tires I had on it were RHs so went ahead and bought RMs and RS' for it in case I want to use those. Will get some practice in tomorrow early evening just to see how I run with all 3 tire sets. I forget, will we be using one of the SNAIL lounges or open lobby?

It will be in an open lobby. I'll post the number in the forum but it will be called F10 @ Spa. Full hp is 726.

I'm going to try and get a few laps in later today. What time will you be on?

Lmao.

I hadn't thought of it that way....

I did wonder a bit about how close jobyone's set up is. He might have some vision issues that require it be that close. I figured it might be impolite to ask.

Went to a lan party years ago and watched a guy that was legally blind playing bf1942, desert combat mod, and his nose was literally 1 inch from his 22 inch monitor. He was pretty good too.

Its called being old;) Actually though its only a 22" and ends up being over 2 feet from me. I plan on getting a bigger monitor so I can move it back some but for now no issues. It might have been a bit closer in that shot than normal. It doubles as a second monitor for my computer so it moves a round a lot

jobyone
Its called being old;) Actually though its only a 22" and ends up being over 2 feet from me. I plan on getting a bigger monitor so I can move it back some but for now no issues. It might have been a bit closer in that shot than normal. It doubles as a second monitor for my computer so it moves a round a lot

Just how old are you? It's a good possibility I have you beat in that department.

Oshawa-Joe
I'm going to try and get a few laps in later today. What time will you be on?

Earliest will be after 5pm ET. Depends on whether or not the wife wants to get in a tennis practice session this evening. If that happens it'll likeky be after 7.

Nice book collection there joby. I've read and listened to all of the dark tower series about 5 times. Even have a different psn account, Blaine.the.mono. and RA Salvatore has been a favorite since I first got into fantasy. Drizzt has an awesome story. I can't wait for book 14 of the wheel of time. Once I finish up the songs of ice and fire (aka the game of thrones, about done with the third book) I'm gonna get back into the black company again. Or more Thomas Covenant.

I like the way you think Rally

Rallywagon

Thanks. I love the dark tower. Just started vol 4.5 the wind through the keyhole. I keep hoping they will do the movies. Hopefully if they do I will be able to say I helped take part (I work with a company that works with movies and tv). Been reading about Drizzt since book 1. I have almost all in Hard cover. And I love the Blaine.the.mono psn:)

Last edited:
The Dark Tower series was amazing, but I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of then ending. The first four books were absolutely flawless though.

racefan78
The Dark Tower series was amazing, but I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of then ending. The first four books were absolutely flawless though.

The ending was hard but end the end I think it was right. It sure made it interesting the next time I read the series. Saw a lot more sadness as well as hope.

I have question for all those who use headsets. What headset do to recommend? It can be wired or wireless but needs to have a mic. Thoughts on why you recommend it would be great. Budget is up to 200 but I have no problem spending much less.

At heart yea. And I still can pass for 30;) not to mention I still get carded!

👍 You're only as old as you allow yourself to feel right :)

Last time I was carded was 1983, I was 23 and the drinking age was 18, I said thank you :dopey:

jobyone
I have question for all those who use headsets. What headset do to recommend? It can be wired or wireless but needs to have a mic. Thoughts on why you recommend it would be great. Budget is up to 200 but I have no problem spending much less.

Check my forum Sig for a decent logitech headset, under $200.00 I think. Bought a set for my son last Christmas and wife bought mine with the rest of my gt5 gear. Since I haven't had a ps3 very long and have had no other wireless headsets to compare it to my review might not be the best to base a decision on. It works. Mic muting is accomplished by button or boom rotation. Volume controls are easy to find and as far as gt5 goes, one will control game environment sounds while the Mic volume will control received voice comms. As for range, my home is 1400sqft with a basement and garage under it and I haven't gone anywhere in the house yet where signal was lost. Bluetooth transceiver is also the charger so not dependent on ps3 being powered up to charge. Initial charge is lengthy but set lasts about 4-5 hours and subsequent charge time are much less than initial. Speaker pods rotate so you can lay them flat on horizontal surface or take up less room on a wall hook.

Gtplanet app doesn't show PSN IDs so that riddle will have to wait for me to get home to puzzle over.

Last edited:
I use the big Sony one. It's wireless (bluetooth with dongle) so I can move around without worry of hanging myself on something. The sound is good and the range lets me get almost all the way across the house without missing out on the conversation. They are very comfortable. Some smaller ones make my ears hurt after a while, but these do get a bit hot. They will play all sound (game and voice) through the headset, so I don't bother the wife much when I'm playing. The mix of game to voice volume is adjustable, as well. They also work with my computer which is a nice bonus. They are typically under or very near $100.

I think I am the only one that liked the ending of the dark tower series. I thought it perfectly done, especially in retrospect. My only complaint is the whole Santa bit throwing sneatches. But I do love how King works in so many of his other stories into the DT. Especially Father Callahan. I read Salem's lot after that. Good stuff. Have any of you read the mistborn series by Brandon sanderson?

recently joined the online game competitions and feel that some of the players are lacking in how to play the game. I want to join a group that I feel is able to elevate my skill a bit more.

Yup. Sanderson is arguably one of the cleverest fantasy storytellers ever. His creation of the magic system is masterful. Anything by Sanderson is sure to be a good read and his selection to finish Mr. Jordan's epoch was and is the best choice his estate could have made. He carries that story forward very well and I am looking forward to the next issue, which, from the last I read about, should be first quarter next year.

Back