• Thread starter RiFTW0RkS
  • 20 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
UK
Untitled_3.gif

To the Drift Community at large ;-)

In the light of recent events my public apologies to Sean for the image hosting error on our Facebook Fan page.

We really don’t want to publicly explain this error as it may cause more harm and involve yet more of the drift community!

RiFTW0RkS have been sent lots of images for use in the webzine and in future we will check credible sources, and yes Sean this is not very professional of us, we agree on that!

Is there any hope to move on?

It’s up to you guys because RiFTW0RkS however much you hate the name are here to stay.. As adults and a group we have much experience in the gaming community and are sorry for our unwanted storm to the scene.

It’s a sad day when a community so tightly packed can’t make room for someone who really has got Drift at heart, The community and the Future of drift being a fundamental part of the GT Series !

We have been made to feel unwanted round here.. Expectedly so..

I look forward to positive feedback and let dead dogs lie..

On a parting note.... Please let there be no more death threats (You know who you are), Name calling or picking holes in my grammar. The threats over destroying our relations with the community before it even happened, is now the Real deal !...

Its skill set you guys should be looking at and the Community here is falling over with talent.. We should all work together in raising the game ;-)

Uber..

Idk what you're talking about because im kind of new. So.... Hi.

Hi there ! Thats ok... If your unaware of what its about then its best not to get involved.. The idea of this post is not to cause more stir..

Im more interested in helping the community and people like you...

RiFTW0RkS are after making a name for themselves on the drift scene, Thats all mate ! ;-)

This post is all about establishing a Relationship with the community and rebuilding lost friendships.

Ok, are you guys a team or the journalist type?

RiFTW0RkS are a Webzine for the drift community based on Facebook and here on GTP.

We Support teams with Race event coverage, Team features and ultimately endeavour to bridge the gap between drifter and tuner to help get more people into the sport !

We come to GTP to share content here in the forums with the Drift community. There are lots of things in the pipe that we are planning that will make the Drift community a better place.. Take a look here for a refreshing Team challenge were just kicking off. The D0RiKiN gives you a small taste of what we here in the office are all about !

In time RiFTW0RkS hopes to setup its very own drift team that will compete at the very highest level.

Ok.... so.... is this thread a settle down to any sort of left foot start?
No big deal for me. I just hope you watch how the things works on GT5, take some advice from the best drifters around and do your thing.

By the way, some people already tried to make a zine and keep it alive, but with not many sucess so far. So if you´re embracing the challenge, dont disapoint us again.

About the Facebook Community, i guess its lacking content... a lot. And, there´s some erroneous information right there, as exemple of... your GT5 Complete Track List. Unless you have some priviledged information about future DLC´s, that list is wrong. Very.

RiFTW0RkS
To the Drift Community at large ;-)

In the light of recent events my public apologies to Sean for the image hosting error on our Facebook Fan page.

We really don’t want to publicly explain this error as it may cause more harm and involve yet more of the drift community!

RiFTW0RkS have been sent lots of images for use in the webzine and in future we will check credible sources, and yes Sean this is not very professional of us, we agree on that!

Is there any hope to move on?

It’s up to you guys because RiFTW0RkS however much you hate the name are here to stay.. As adults and a group we have much experience in the gaming community and are sorry for our unwanted storm to the scene.

It’s a sad day when a community so tightly packed can’t make room for someone who really has got Drift at heart, The community and the Future of drift being a fundamental part of the GT Series !

We have been made to feel unwanted round here.. Expectedly so..

I look forward to positive feedback and let dead dogs lie..

On a parting note.... Please let there be no more death threats (You know who you are), Name calling or picking holes in my grammar. The threats over destroying our relations with the community before it even happened, is now the Real deal !...

Its skill set you guys should be looking at and the Community here is falling over with talent.. We should all work together in raising the game ;-)

Uber..

Damn, who have you been giving death threats too? That's not a good way to make/keep friends/people around. Words stick, if someone threatens me, its bye bye for them. I don't know you and already am not too fond of you, too hostile in my opinion.

I would have had more respect if I hadn't read this.

Good luck in the future though, you'll need it.

Avoid this guy.

Very bad attitude, bigs himself up as a big 'brand', before doing anything to involve with the community!

The stealing of Sean's image was a terrible move and handled very badly on Riftwork's side.

Bad play from him so far.

Damn, who have you been giving death threats too? That's not a good way to make/keep friends/people around. Words stick, if someone threatens me, its bye bye for them. I don't know you and already am not too fond of you, too hostile in my opinion.

I would have had more respect if I hadn't read this.

Good luck in the future though, you'll need it.

Thanks for your support, Much appreciated...

Man just keep keeping on at what yall are doing there are haters everywhere and most of them just trash on this site and nothing more keep up the good work

D-Max kindly request that 'Riftworks' leaves us alone, and to stop putting on his ridiculous performance of being a leader of some giant organisation.

199160_3450388428507_1705283724_n.jpg

His claim of
'Our wrong doing'
was protecting the photoshop work of one GTP member, who is not even part of D-Max!

Not an amazing example of "community relations".

Sir you sent us a death threat !

You represent the whole d-max team and single handed dragging it through the dirt..

I have contacted them in regards to threatening behavour.. The message is just a statement of that fact ! And you cant go round doing that as TEAM MANAGER !!

Stop being so silly we are just protecting ourselves from people who get in our way when we have done no harm..

We showed aggression from the persistent annoyance and trouble you were causing us!

I have contacted them in regards to threatening behavour

Who the hell have you contacted? (link to website)

As we have said, we have no direct link with any real world business or company.
Similar to 'Team BURST' here on GTP.

How many times do you need to read this to pay attention to it?

Whoever you have contacted, you are only annoying them, as you are us.

I wish to be able to ignore your threads and posts, safe in the knowledge that you will not be continuing to attack me or anyone else.

Last edited:
You say community a lot. Funny enough the "community" is dying because the interest has gone.

There have been amazing comps and racing that has happened and i've enjoyed. I don't see your brand? or company or what ever you call yourselfs can make a difference. You said you was developers? If im mistaken. What have you developed? So far the only thing i see what you have developed is trouble. You say it was a bad move and said sorry ect but my view your acting bigger than your boots. First impressions count but you've mucked that up for yourself.

I would or should say to both D-Max and Riftworks (with all due respect) to stop arguing and/or whatever else it is 'happening' between you. It certainly does not go down well on the GTPlanet community side of things, please do not feel like I am blaming any of you it is just telling you to take your 'inconveniences' elsewhere and by all means have them somewhere where people don't mind. I am only saying this to try and keep any of you out of trouble and keep the friendly environment within this community.

From what I have heard, Riftworks is the source of this due to him using SeanWelland's picture and a couple of other things that I may not know of and I can sympathise with D-Max and understand there feelings, but please guys do not keep 'feeding' this which is causing more and more problems between you all.

The simple thing to do is remain away from eachothers threads and just ignore them. And always ask to use other people's pictures etc.

And the final thing I will say is don't act like 'Big Shots' bringing things like age into the question, YES you or they maybe older but GTPlanet is all about reputation and length of membership and post's etc and has nothing to do with age.

If this continue's I'm guessing the moderators/administrators will come to notice this growing problem and simply solve it by banning some of you who they feel are the sources.

Death threat? What is death threat?
What this guy is smoking?

On his FB page I told him to 'die in a hole', as the hope of an expressed negative attitude would turn him away form our page.

By no means was this a death threat, and is being hyped up by this lad as a criminal offence.

It's so pathetic!

I hope to hear or see no more of 'RiFTW0RkS' through any form of communication with either me, or any D-Max member.

No offence Skidmarx. I'm not coming here on behalf of d-max. I here for myself and i have a right to point my opinion on what i think of this. Free of speech remember ;) Oh wait there is none in GTP.

RiFTWORKS I'm sorry if this offends you but I am going to add my piece to this.

I am a silent member of the D-Max team. I have been there since the begining as a member of the UDT Drift Team when we merged with ACN to become D-Max. I used to be alot more involved but in the last 12 months or so but my work and real life racing has taken over and I barely get chance to get on the PS3 for any decent length of time. What are my credentials you may ask? Well in my REAL LIFE I work for the largest Motorsport Exhibition in Europe and work alongside the largest online motoring community in the UK. I have competed in various race championships throughout my life, in everything from Drifting to Time Attack with some circuit racing thrown in for good measure. I like to think, and those from here that have met me can vouch for this, I know what I am talking about. And you sir, do not.

Anyway, I've come across people like yourself before trying to play the big 'I AM'. You strike me as a teenage kid who probably doesn't have many real life friends because you live online, be that on PS3 / PC or whatever. It's all to easy to get immursed into that life and it's kinda sad when you are putting all your efforts into a computer game.

I know some people take it seriously and fair play to them, do what makes you happy. But, I think someone saying '**** Off' on the D-Max facebook group is hardly a death threat. The D-Max corporation of Japan probably won't have even answered your email, they don't speak english (trust me, I've tried doing business with them in my day job) and they are far too busy with REAL LIFE to even care what a group of 10 or so gamers in the UK told someone else to **** off. They will not sell one less bodykit because of it.

I think what you are trying to do is great but it's not neccersary. The GTP community has long been working together, organising great competitions. Sure it's faded a bit over time, that's what happens. GT5 is no longer a new game and in that time Forza 4 came out which like it or not will have taken a bunch of other GTP'ers with it.

If you want people to take you seriously how about posting up some of your credentials (I apologise if you already have, I've got better things to do than look through all your posts). You seem to have some talent with words, you do write quite professionally, but calling everyone Sir is going a little over the top and it makes it obvious that you don't entirely know what you are on about. The other give away is the RiFTW0RKS name. The lower case i and the 0 are something no professional I have ever met uses. In fact no-one I've met above the age of 15 uses that kind of language.

So make life easy on yourself, put down the keyboard, go outside, perhaps talk to some girls? (they don't bite, you pay extra for that). Maybe then come back, delete your account and set up a new one just as yourself and blend into the community. No-one needs to know who you were before. But please, before you do, post up your credentials so we can all see the professional organisation you claim to be.

And in the intrest of fairness here are my credentials:

www.facebook.com/jameshayward29
www.twitter.com/hmsmotorsport
http://www.linkedin.com/in/haywardjames
http://exomotive.com/2012/05/04/exocet-lightweight-time-attack/
http://www.pistonheads.com/show/news.asp?storyId=404

I've shown my cards, now please show yours and we can put this whole matter to bed.

A bientot.

James

On his FB page I told him to 'die in a hole', as the hope of an expressed negative attitude would turn him away form our page.

By no means was this a death threat, and is being hyped up by this lad as a criminal offence.

It's so pathetic!

I hope to hear or see no more of 'RiFTW0RkS' through any form of communication with either me, or any D-Max member.

We will continue our quest to bring more people to your community by encouraging people to get involved. This will be done through our creative talents in and out of GT5... And onto GT6..

We encourage all feedback and look forward to serving your community in which ever way we can.

This post is our apologies to Sean for the one and only error of mixing up his picture in with a members photo's in the D-MAX Team. This got posted to our Fan page along with an article that we asked the owner to use.

ITS THAT SIMPLE !

I hope we can close this thread in the fact that I get the last say and welcome with open arms anyone who wants to help a group of people trying to do good for the community.

Uber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back