ESCarGOT: A Tasty S.N.A.I.L. Event!!! Every Thursday!

• Thread starter racefan78
  • 845 comments
United States
United States
GTP_racefan78

ESCarGoT!!!
EVERY STANDARD CAR GOES ON THURSDAYS!

ESCarGOT (Standard Car Thursdays) will be a weekly event run in association with the SNAIL leauge. Races will take place in the Snail Division 2 lounge every thursday night from 10-12 pm ET. All rules and regulations inforced by the SNAIL Leauge also apply to SNAIL ESCarGOT.

Whats DIFFERENT about ESCarGOT:
Rather than everyone racing the same car like traditional spec racing, each ESCarGOT race will have a PP limit, drivetrain restriction, and street/race car restriction. Only standard cars may be used, hence the name.

Tuning is still prohibited however!

NOTE: Use of the power limiter will be allowed. However, PLEASE use common sense. If you attempt to race with a car that is limited by more than 10% HP after an oil change, you will be asked to change to a car that better fits that rounds regulations. If you refuse to switch cars, you will not recieve any points for that round.

New format to be announced later this week!

Any questions about ESCarGOT or SNAIL? Inquire below or on the SNAIL thread. Please leave a post below if you are interested!

Last edited:
Combos for the week of 3/28/13

465 PP German Street Cars (Sports Medium)
Nurburgring GP/F, 4 Laps

475 PP American Street Cars (Sports Medium)
Laguna Seca, 6 Laps?

520 PP GT300 Race Cars (Racing Hard)
Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway, TBD Laps

Last edited:
Put me down for week one racefan. I'll likely be a little hit and miss, but I like the idea 👍

I'll be there. This looks to be more fun than the public shuffle room I was running. You need a good connection to host?

I've been getting called into work on Thursdays but I will be an occasional participant when real life allows it.

Interesting idea
I'll make an attempt to be there next Thursday .... 9/13.

I will try to be there. I am looking forward to seeing the combos:)

Ok, I have two combos up that I have already tested cars for. Now I just need one more. Does anyone have any sugestions?

If we get lots of people (I'll be there by the way) then we should try and use tracks that accomodate a large field and have tarmac wide enough to pass and race with minimal contact ... in other words, I would ask that you stay away from the go-kart type tracks and narrow street circuits with close walls that turn races into a pachinko machine :) Just my opinion here :dopey:

Well I'd love to participate in this, but how long will it be run? I won't have Thursdays all free until the summer again.

Hopefully this sticks around til then, as I love standard cars and I've been kind of itching for some non-spec PP-limited races like this.

I'm not sure that "Race Cars" can enter a room set to "Tuning Prohibited". I tried it with a CLK that has the standard stuff that all race cars do and without any additional items like adjustable diff and chassis stiffener but it wouldn't let me in the room. Has anyone had similar experience or am I just missing something here ?

I'm not sure that "Race Cars" can enter a room set to "Tuning Prohibited". I tried it with a CLK that has the standard stuff that all race cars do and without any additional items like adjustable diff and chassis stiffener but it wouldn't let me in the room. Has anyone had similar experience or am I just missing something here ?

I tested this today with a JGTC Supra I had just bought from the dealership and it worked fine. Perhaps there was some modification you made a long time ago and forgot about? Or maybe PD screwed something up with that particular car?

Does anyone else have experience with this issue?

Even setting for stock parts count as tuning I think. So if you adjusted downforce or anything it wouldn't let you in.

Even setting for stock parts count as tuning I think. So if you adjusted downforce or anything it wouldn't let you in.

Good call dylansan 👍👍 Set the aero back to default and it let me in with no problem :)

The combos for thursday are up! Please note, the ue of the power limiter will be allowed, but please use common sense. If you have to ask yourself if you're limiting a car too much, you probably are

racefan78
I tested this today with a JGTC Supra I had just bought from the dealership and it worked fine. Perhaps there was some modification you made a long time ago and forgot about? Or maybe PD screwed something up with that particular car?

Does anyone else have experience with this issue?

No. Race cars are allowed in a tune prohibited race. If you tune or add anything to it tho then you cant.

For that dudes problem, theres a bunch of different reasons that can prevent anyone from entering. Specific car regs, pp, hp and weight, tires

For anyone who is interested in participating in Standard Car Thursday this week, I will be hosting a practice session for about an hour tonight from 9-10 pm central. Ill post the room # on here and on the SNAIL thread at about 8:45 central

No. Race cars are allowed in a tune prohibited race. If you tune or add anything to it tho then you cant.

For that dudes problem, theres a bunch of different reasons that can prevent anyone from entering. Specific car regs, pp, hp and weight, tires

That dude's problem was resolved back in Post #18

I'll be there. This looks to be more fun than the public shuffle room I was running. You need a good connection to host?

Are you volunteering? If so yes, we could use someone with a good conection to host on thursday.

racefan78
Are you volunteering? If so yes, we could use someone with a good conection to host on thursday.

I suppose I am. I can't guarantee I'll be there every time, but I'll be there most times.

I know that the basis of this race was for standard cars but where does it stand on cars that we can not race on Sundays? For example cars over $1 million and DLC cars. I for one would be happy to allow them. Any thoughts?

Back