GTPlanet's 1/4 mile Leaderboard/Database - Post your times here

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 5,025 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT-R R35 TC 8.786sec by mensuramir

img0350way.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I gotta try doing these trick launches. Can someone tell me what a timed launch and retro launch is?

Ill start with the easiest, the black screen launch is simply holding the gas before the map loads so you will get consistent launches every time. A timed launch is when you smash the gas right before it says go and the point of this is to get your RPMs to a certain number at the moment of launch. Lastly and most difficult is the "Retro launch", it only works on mr,rr, and fr, drivetrains. Stretch your 1st gear all the way and if the car is powerfull enough stretch 2nd all the way too. But the points is to do a timed launch like stated earlier but this time in 1st gear and then quickly change to 2nd after launch. This is very difficult to do if you have never done it and it will take some time before you even know you did it correctly lol. The best way to know if you did it right is to do a timed launch and pass the 1 mile with a decent time, then race again but this time there will be a ghost of your previous run which you can use to help make minor adjustments and see if you launch better than your timed launch by using the retro launch.

Still haven't figured out the retro launch yet, I tried with my viper tonight but no luck. I did manage to shave off .004 from my previous best without touching my tune, getting the 2-3 shift just right and shifting at a slight different rpm than i did in the past was the key for me. I'm now at 8.990 on timed launch, 9.026 on full throttle from black screen launch. Would really like to see the result with the retro launch.
My suspension is actually quite a bit different from yours Dom. My trans is set slightly higher with no stretching of 6th gear. Figure I'll post the new time.

75ae7d07.jpg

Could anyone of you possibly give me a tutorial on how to get a good drag tune? I’m stuck at the 9 second mark using a base tune but every tweak I make seems to make any car I try slower

Could anyone of you possibly give me a tutorial on how to get a good drag tune? I’m stuck at the 9 second mark using a base tune but every tweak I make seems to make any car I try slower

First off what car are you trying to drag tune?

Last edited:
GTR black edition, viper ACR, Aventador and stuff like that

Go here and look for any base tunes where Karo is the provider. His tunes will get you under 9 Seconds 100%. However he doesn't have a Dodge Viper Acr '08 base tune but use this is, it will also get you under 8 Seconds if you shift correctly.

Go here and look for any base tunes where Karo is the provider. His tunes will get you under 9 Seconds 100%. However he doesn't have a Dodge Viper Acr '08 base tune but use this is, it will also get you under 8 Seconds if you shift correctly.

Thanks I’ve used a couple of karo’s tunes and they’re good, the problem may be the car hasn’t got full hp?

Ill start with the easiest, the black screen launch is simply holding the gas before the map loads so you will get consistent launches every time. A timed launch is when you smash the gas right before it says go and the point of this is to get your RPMs to a certain number at the moment of launch. Lastly and most difficult is the "Retro launch", it only works on mr,rr, and fr, drivetrains. Stretch your 1st gear all the way and if the car is powerfull enough stretch 2nd all the way too. But the points is to do a timed launch like stated earlier but this time in 1st gear and then quickly change to 2nd after launch. This is very difficult to do if you have never done it and it will take some time before you even know you did it correctly lol. The best way to know if you did it right is to do a timed launch and pass the 1 mile with a decent time, then race again but this time there will be a ghost of your previous run which you can use to help make minor adjustments and see if you launch better than your timed launch by using the retro launch.

Ok thanks. But, where should my rpms be at when I launch. I know it depends on the powerband. But where in the powerband. When the torque and horsepower cross?

Street Racer
Ok thanks. But, where should my rpms be at when I launch. I know it depends on the powerband. But where in the powerband. When the torque and horsepower cross?

5000rpm

So is this Leaderboard now done with? Just because the last update was almost 20 pages ago and I know its hard work to keep this updated but it's gonna be even harder trying to update the amass of submissions that continue to be posted on top of the backfill...

Last edited:
So is this Leaderboard now done with? Just because the last update was almost 20 pages ago and I know its hard work to keep this updated but it's gonna be even harder trying to update the amass of submissions that continue to be posted on top of the backfill...

No, not done, Max usually waits almost 2 months, I did notice he forgot to update the original post, he updated in late August I think, Not in June like it says. You'd think updating once a week would be easier but whatever works best for him I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back