FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks a lot Sam, you're bang on my times in the car, so well done to you, Sir.

I had to toss a coin between weight and power, at this PP the car needed the power more. It runs better at a 500PP, with less weight and similar power, but that puts it in the sights of some very fast 500PP cars, so to be honest, it's never going to be a competitive car. However, it should be a pleasure to drive, I hope you enjoyed it 👍

Damn straight I want to see a sub 1:13 in a fat arsed Alfa..!! And I don't think I speak for myself alone.

I gotta ask, where you running the damned thing on ethanol..?? :mischievous:

Oh and before I forget, xDee, I took your car for a spin around Autumn Ring ... then my PS crashed ... just sayin' :sly:

{Cy}

Whenever it finishes processing, go ahead and watch.

@Cy Thanks for testing it out your times are good.👍👍
Ssurprised you had more issues with it at HSR/R but that happens sometimes.:D

Whenever it finishes processing, go ahead and watch.
Thank you kindly, Sir. A great lap, your biggest gain was the penultimate corner, you were carrying a few more mph than I was 👍:

@Cy Thanks for testing it out your times are good.👍👍
Ssurprised you had more issues with it at HSR/R but that happens sometimes.:D

I wouldn't say I had issues, just didn't enjoy it as much. It's quite a chuckle at AR...

{Cy}

CyKosis1973
5 laps per track, per car.

Laptimes in my own car, for an indication of my overall pace:
AR: 1:23.839
HSR/R: 1:13.570
(Yes, my car is marginally faster online, go figure)
======================
Autumn Ring
======================
Group C Laptimes:
XDesperado67 - 1:23.904 (Lap 4/5)
Rotary Junkie - 1:23.594 (Lap 4/5)
NEWDRIVER2 - 1:23.325 (Lap 5/5)
Theo777 - 1:23.517 (Lap 4/5)
======================
Highspeed Ring/Reverse
======================
Group C Laptimes:
XDesperado67 - 1:13.612 (Lap 4/5)
Rotary Junkie - 1:13.576 (Lap 1/5) :'(
NEWDRIVER2 - 1:12.388 (Lap 4/5)
Theo777 - 1:13.299 (Lap 2/5)
======================

NEWDRIVER2
Weight. That's the thing that stops this car being epically quick. The stats don't lie, the car is very fast, but I had to wrestle the car the whole way. There's bags of grip on corner exit, so much so that the car wants to push wide, when you might expect it to want to spin. However, it was difficult to take advantage of this as the car required long braking distances to ensure that the rear of the car stayed under control. With the stiff suspension, weak brakes and an extra 100kg over the rear axle, the rear would constantly want to overpower the front of the car.

I expect you to make the next round, but if you want to do well there, you're going to have to manage the weight better under braking. You might want to give the front of the car a little more grip and take a little away from the rear too, to reduce the car's desire to push wide on corner exit. Otherwise, well done my fried, not once did I spin this car out, although I did come close through the various chicanes at Autumn Ring :sly:
Drivers Rating: 7

{Cy}

Wow is it my car record by you in the two tracks the fastest lap time 👍 . Maybe my car can make next round and if i will try to fix that weight . Thank you for your time testing my car i hope you injoy it and i can see that you did good time . This car i tuned to 450 pp before as 50/50 weight and i adjust the weight to be 40/60.
Any way thank you again 👍
Have a good day

ND :dopey:

Thank you for the review and the smoking times you achieved, Bravo! Can't say I made the suspension soft...the springs are quite - springy but I guess it just feels that way.
You're welcome, it was great fun.

I noticed that quite a few cars seemed softer at HSR, I suspect the higher grip is loading up the suspension more. So I am very impressed with tunes like yours that work well at such different tracks.

--------------------

By the way, my times from different groups shouldn't be compared. Since I am not very familiar with either track, I deliberately tested each group in a single sitting. So I am confident the times within each group are a fair comparison, but by the time I got to Group D I think I had got quicker than when I was testing Group A.

Err…Nomis, would that not kinda interfere with the results with a bias towards the latter groups if that was the case? Since you accumulate more skill over time in testing, you'd naturally get faster the more you drive, so it'll be…novice Nomis starting in Group A, intermediate Nomis in Group C, then advance Nomis in Group D. Eh, just my usual load of noise though, take it or leave it. :lol:

^ My Opel should have been tested last then :lol: As it seems to be a car that takes much more skill to handle and harder to get quick lap times ( leaving no room for error )

^ My Opel should have been tested last then :lol: As it seems to be a car that takes much more skill to handle and harder to get quick lap times ( leaving no room for error )

Hmm…really? I found it quite nice to drive…though I did make that slightly insane MR2. :lol: It drove quite well from my memory, shame there's no 6th gear…

From the comments of the testers who have driven my Opel, the general consensus is that the Opel is not as easy to drive like other tuner's car. I should be blamed for such a hardcore tune, a loose car that requires finesse with the throttle and perfection just to have a quick lap times.

Surprisingly, my own non ABS lap times with the Opel have not been beaten by the testers so far, so it affirms the notion that the car does need to be driven quite a while to get used to.

Oh, my lap times at AR did have some rear wheel losing traction in corners and a wheel lock up for a split second, so another second or more should be possible - 1:21.xxx/1:22.xxx. While HSR/R, I did have 1:12.6xxx with a little braking on 1st corner, a bit slow at the S bend and too much lift off on the right curve after the bridge. HSR/R times could be improved, maybe 1:11.xxx with a perfect run like that Alfa GT video:dopey:

From the comments of the testers who have driven my Opel, the general consensus is that the Opel is not as easy to drive like other tuner's car. I should be blamed for such a hardcore tune, a loose car that requires finesse with the throttle and perfection just to have a quick lap times.

Surprisingly, my own non ABS lap times with the Opel have not been beaten by the testers so far, so it affirms the notion that the car does need to be driven quite a while to get used to.

Oh, my lap times at AR did have some rear wheel losing traction in corners and a wheel lock up for a split second, so another second or more should be possible - 1:21.xxx/1:22.xxx. While HSR/R, I did have 1:12.6xxx with a little braking on 1st corner, a bit slow at the S bend and too much lift off on the right curve after the bridge. HSR/R times could be improved, maybe 1:11.xxx with a perfect run like that Alfa GT video:dopey:

Hmm…actually, I still owe you a drive in that thing, since you did both of my cars. I'll do it tomorrow, see just how close I can get to your time. It was actually pretty nice to drive if you kept it somewhat within the tyre's pink zone…if I remembered correctly.

Riddox, Your car's HSR-R time is up. About to go do Autumn Ring. Time should be up soon for that as well. I manhandled that little Opel around HSR-R, I just had to.

Edit: Autumn Time up

Last edited:
Nomis, how can RJ test Group D when his PS3's broken?

I will be driving for him too. He will be on the phone listening to the tire squeals and telling me to turn right or left. :)

Actually Nomis, I plan to test both C and D and you only have me listed as C. I have already tested Group D HSRR.

Group D Testing Results

Testing Details: Tests were conducted with five laps at each track. The best obtained lap time of each course was combined into a total time. Game settings include TCS off, ABS 1, Fuel/Damage off, Grip Real, and Controller Sensitivity 0. These tests were conducted using the Dualshock 3 controller.

trackripper123 RUF RGT ’00 40/60

Autumn Ring Lap: 01:22.167

At Autumn Ring the RGT’s road manners were wonderful. Only full throttle over a bump would unsettle the chassis. The entry and mid-corner grip were exceptional. The car did have a minor amount of understeer during the exit of higher speed corners mostly from pushing for a better lap.

High Speed Ring/R Lap: 01:11.915

High Speed Ring provided a slightly different feel. The RGT sliced through the bends with ease. The only exception was the wide bend right before the straight unsettled the chassis. The brakes were great and only really needed after the tunnel. Oh, and I managed a top speed of 159 mph on the straight. Great job! This was a very enjoyable rear engine automobile.

Drivers Choice Points: 9

Jtqmopar Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe ’04 60/40

Autumn Ring Lap: 01:24.564

The GTO is definitely an American muscle car in the handling department. The technical corners at Autumn Ring gave challenge to getting this 1680kg monster around the course. Two positive notes here were that late brake turn-in and lack of wheel spin on this car is amazing. Mid-corner was the weakness due to the weight forcing a slow speed or the widest line possible.

High Speed Ring/R Lap 01:14.575

The GTO felt relatively slow during the first lap At High Speed Ring/R, the lap time quickly dropped after taking the first corner using no braking at all. This car is big and prefers a high line around each of the corners for the quickest lap. The top speed here was lower than expected at 147 mph on the straight. This tune has become so much more than the original modern GTO of which it was based. Well done!

Drivers Choice Points: 8

HaoleHatingWRX Subaru Impreza Sedan STi ’10 60/40

Autumn Ring Lap: 01:23.586

The Impreza was a mixed bag of a automobile at Autumn Ring. On one hand it had wonderful low speed cornering manners, grip, and zero wheel spin. On the other the acceleration and high speed cornering grip felt the full force of that extra mass. Still very enjoyable through the low speed sections with short shifting.

High Speed Ring/R Lap: 01:13.663

High Speed Ring/R also gave mixed driving results. Did I mention the brakes were excellent ot both courses. The top speed was 152mph and that first corner would scrub off too much speed. The lack of acceleration was the only other weakness for this WRX. The lower speed section was easily traversed through any line and was the most enjoyable part of the track. All in all, this was a good tune for the maneuverable yet heavy Subaru. Good Work!

Drivers Choice Points: 7

Ugabugaz Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 ’67 “Gentleman’s Olds” 40/60

Autumn Ring Lap: 01:22.173

The classic Lamborghini was very quick around Autumn Ring. The acceleration was great but did require careful throttle input as the rear tires are easily upset. This is a very technical tune and if you do not follow its lead, it will throw you off at Autumn Ring. Braking required both planning and care to slow down and not lock up the rear tires.

High Speed Ring/R Lap: 01:11.479

Driving the Miura at High Speed Ring/R rewarded delicate control over brute force. The braking needed to be carefully modulated entering turn 1. The setup through the S was very important for that extra 1 mph in speed around the second to last corner. This Lamborghini did not disappoint with a top speed of 162 mph. This was a quick and technical automobile that can be a challenge on the limit. Very good that it was a fast and fun one.

Digitalbaka Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept ’10 “White Noise” 60/40

Autumn Ring Lap: 01:22.774

Autumn Ring held a bit of a surprise while testing the FT-86. This normally balanced RWD car now has understeer due to the increased weight up front. The Toyota was still quick on the straight, with good mid-speed cornering manners, and a great 1st gear for low speeds.

High Speed Ring/R Lap: 01:12.540

Those bright orange wheels helped the FT-86 to hit a top speed of 158 mph at High Speed Ring/R. The first corner was still the toughest section of the course. Down shifting to 5th while tapping the brake, all while trying not to run wide. The other section took full advantage of that great acceleration and the nicely balanced braking ability. If the understeer issue could be resolved this automobile would be perfect.

groupdtesting.jpg

Such a diverse group of tunes! Thank you to all of the tuners and also Nomis. You showed a great amount of efficiency and organization on this shootout.:bowdown: Its been a blast and I can't wait to see the combined final results. :cheers::gtpflag:

Apologies for the absence.

If you don't mind I should still be able to test a group, presumably group D?

Edit: I should be able to test the final round if you want more testers as well.

Look, please do! I'd be very interested to see what you have to say about my misweighted heap. :D:embarrassed:

Tested your car at HSR-R Onboy. Congratulations, Fastest time. Would be even quicker but your car hates taking the first corner quickly. So frustrating. I imagine if I could take it as well as I do in my Miura or Hami's Lotus, You'd be looking at breaking the 10 barrier. :P

@CSL - Test Group D, That is what you want, yes, You want to test Group D. Test Group D please.

Tested your car at HSR-R Onboy. Congratulations, Fastest time. Would be even quicker but your car hates taking the first corner quickly. So frustrating. I imagine if I could take it as well as I do in my Miura or Hami's Lotus, You'd be looking at breaking the 10 barrier. :P

Hard work getting it around? Or rather just a bit stubborn and refusing to turn? And I'll take it, either way. :lol:

Hard work getting it around? Or rather just a bit stubborn and refusing to turn? And I'll take it, either way. :lol:

Both really. Going hot into the turn I have to hit the brakes much harder and I can't really let the car slide into the outer portion of the turn. The car just wants to understeer into the wall, totally different to the other two cars I mentioned which recover quite nicely and grip away from the wall. Also exiting the turn was a pain since the back-end would stay completely put and front end would want to understeer. Had to be very careful as to when I applied gas out of the corner - too soon and I wouldn't make the turn out. Rest of the lap was flawless, easily the best (easiest) handling car on HSR-R.

BTW, Your car had the highest top speed as well.

Test Drives by Motor City Hamilton
DS3, manual, ABS1, all other aids off, grip real, best lap of five

Group D – High Speed Ring Reverse

Ugabugaz – Lamborghini Miura P400 ’67 (40/60) 1:13.120
Great tune - just edged the RUF. The car honestly felt faster than the lap time I hit. I am not sure if it was just power as compared to the RUF or if only having 5 speeds held it back a little. I really thought that I could get this car into the 1:12s.

Trackripper123 – RUF RGT ’00 (40/60) – 1:13.163
I like almost everything about this tune. My only experience with RUFs in GT5 is with the Yellow Bird. I hate that car so much that I never even purchased the other RUFs. I have tuned the Yellow Bird six different times, but have never felt good enough with the tune to post it. This Red RUF was a fantastic ride. It is great almost everywhere. I wanted a touch, minor, small bit more turning ability on the way to corner exit. The only part of the tune that I did not like was the exchange between 4th and 5th gear. There is a little bit of 5th gear bogging. I am curious to see what it is like on Autumn Ring, but on HSRR it happens at a very bad time. As I approach turn five, after the bridge, I find that I need to grab 5th gear right before turn in, then I need a little bit of a throttle lift to make the corner and going back to 4th wasn’t productive, so I had to leave it in 5th. With the necessary upshift and the breath out of the throttle, the car loses a little oomph in a crucial spot. The speed that you carry through turn five has a direct effect on the top speed gained at the end of the long straight. I think I could easily drop into the 1:12’s with a 4th/5th gear adjustment.

DigitalBaka – Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept ’10 (60/40) – 1:14.749
I like the smooth feeling of this car. It flows with the track well at HSRR. I also love the looks of this car. It was a fun ride. I want it to do two things better. First, I never topped out the rev limiter in 6th. There may have been more torque to be used from lower gears. Second, I prefer cars that are aggressive from apex to exit. I just couldn’t get on the gas very hard or very early on my way to the exit. Give me back a few of those LSD Initial Torque and LSD Accel numbers and I think I could get this tune down closer to a 1:13.

HaaleHatingWRX – Subaru Impreza Sedan STi ’10 (60/40) – 1:14.990
I need to paint more cars black. This Subaru dressed in black with gold rims looks great. It drives great too. I am always impressed when people are able to tune the push out of 4wd cars because, until recently, I had struggled to do it. This is a nice, well balanced, fun to drive tune. Not the fastest of the lot, but among the most fun. No bad habits to report. I was actually surprised by the high rear LSD settings, but the car worked great on HSSR. I am curious to see how well this tune rotates when put through the tighter corners at Autumn Ring.

JTQmopar – Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe ’04 (60/40) - 1:16.316
What a well behaved tune. This car was fun to drive with predictable handling so I was able to go fast from lap one. This tune was so consistent that my times only improved by a few tenths between laps two and five. This is my advice for anyone who drives this tune, “there is grip out there… way, way out there.” This car has awesome turn-in and is pretty good around the apex. You will get this feeling around mid-corner that you may have to lift a little to make the exit. Don’t do it! Keep your foot (or finger) buried into the throttle and trust the car. It has this cool effect where right at the exit point it somehow finds a super amount of grip. You will think that you are heading for a meeting with the wall and a possible visit to the infield medical center, but right at the last second, the car just finds this extra bit of ability. I think the only thing holding this car back is the weight. I think I would have reduced the weight a bit more and given up some power. Nice tune. I really had fun driving this car.

Group D – Autumn Ring Results

Trackripper123 – RUF RGT ’00 (40/60) – 1:22.825
This tune must have been built for Autumn Ring then adapted for HSRR? I love this tune at this track. Really tried to think of constructive criticism for this tune, but it didn’t miss a step for me. Maybe paint it some shade of obnoxiously bright green next time? In my testing, bright green paint is worth at least a half a second quicker lap time.

Ugabugaz – Lamborghini Miura P400 ’67 (40/60) – 1:23.063
This car is still a fast ride, but I had a difficult time getting comfortable with it in my five laps. I made some driver errors on a couple of laps so I gave the drive a small extension to make up for it and to confirm the fast laps. I had to be a bit conservative getting back on throttle as the outside wheel would sometimes turn red and kick the car a little sideways. Maybe a few clicks lower LSD accel number and this car could be ripped off the corners like Trackrippers Ruf? Still an enjoyable ride. Nice tune, overall.

DigitalBaka – Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept ’10 (60/40) – 1:24.160
This tune has tremendous low speed corner ability. I liked this tune better on Autumn Ring than I did on HSRR. The car does very well under braking, the turn down to the apex and through mid-corner. I have the same thoughts at this track as I did with the other. With a lower LSD Accel number I think this tune would improve the on-power ability of the corner exit.

HaaleHatingWRX – Subaru Impreza Sedan STi ’10 (60/40) – 1:24.949
I liked this car at HSRR and like it equally well here at Autumn Ring. This car isn’t the fastest of the bunch, but it is a good tune and may turn out to be one of my favorites in Group D. I do think there is a little bit more speed available from this car at this track. I wanted a touch more turning ability past mid-corner and kind of early-into the exit.

JTQmopar – Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe ’04 (60/40) – 1:25.221
This is one of the best handling cars in group D. I thought really hard about what is holding this tune back from faster lap times, and then it came to me. It’s not Japanese so PD made sure that it isn’t a good PP entry. Enter a Skyline, RX-7 or Miata next time if you want to go faster. Great tune and you deserve tons of credit for how well this car drives.

Group D – Driver’s Choice
Trackripper123 – 9 of 10
HaaleHatingWRX - 9 of 10
JTQmopar – 8.5 of 10
Ugabugaz – 8.5 of 10
DigitalBaka – 8 of 10

Last edited:
Onboy - Posted time for Autumn Ring. Quite slow I'm afraid. I'll revisit your MR2 (as well as the other cars) after I'm done with the naughty Dodge to see if I can squeeze faster laps. As always I've saved replays. Now for another fun round of FFury.

@Hami - Great to see the Miura on top. Can't wait to see what you make of it on Autumn Ring.

Onboy - Posted time for Autumn Ring. Quite slow I'm afraid. I'll revisit your MR2 (as well as the other cars) after I'm done with the naughty Dodge to see if I can squeeze faster laps. As always I've saved replays. Now for another fun round of FFury.

@Hami - Great to see the Miura on top. Can't wait to see what you make of it on Autumn Ring.

Hmm…the car does prefer short shifting, so that might be an issue…or, it's just a bit of a bastard when you don't listen to it. It's a somewhat stubborn thing if not driven its way. :lol:

Hmm…the car does prefer short shifting, so that might be an issue…or, it's just a bit of a bastard when you don't listen to it. It's a somewhat stubborn thing if not driven its way. :lol:

I use an Automatic and what is this short-shifting you speak of. A big problem on Autumn Ring is the curbs, they upset the car a lot.

I'll be putting all my Group - A Times in this post.

I test with a DS3 and an Automatic Transmission
Ghost Replays + Youtube lap uploading available. Ask if you want either.

3) Ridox2JZGTE - Opel Speedster

Autumn Ring: 1:22.394 (more can be squeezed)
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:12.133

Awesome time Ugabugaz, you have better my time on both tracks:tup: I would love to hear how was the experience of driving the Opel when you get those times.

Awesome time Ugabugaz, you have better my time on both tracks:tup: I would love to hear how was the experience of driving the Opel when you get those times.

Well, the best way is to show you the laps, If you like I can upload them to youtube. As for my feelings on the car, I'll give those in detail later but the gist is I was scared of the thing. Not so much because of a fear I would lose the car but rather that the rear would start to slide. Rear is far too playful.

On high-speed ring it was okay and not that big of a problem but I still had to be very smooth with my inputs otherwise the car would get out of shape. On Autumn Ring it was worse - not only was the car very touchy but it felt like it was flopping all around. Unless I was perfectly accurate with the throttle the body would start to swing around and make me lose my line and time. I just made sure I inputted just enough throttle but no more and kept the body in check. As I mentioned I still think I can make the Opel faster on Autumn Ring but it would take a very good lap. I know I have .150 to gain in the loop section specifically.

Very drifty rear end. Feels very much like a Yellowbird when it goes. A fun car to drive yes, but not a car that excels in competitive laps.

Errr..I kinda did a review here didn't I? Guess I'll expand it later :)

Also, I used ABS.

Ronald6

NewDriver2:
Autumn Ring: 1:23.324
HSRr: 1:12.459
Notes:
Very natural feeling and intuitive to control. If I didn't know anything about the car before I got behind the wheel I wouldn't have needed a few corners or a lap to get used to the cars handling. From the first corner the cars high accuracy shone through.
Pedal steering doesn't interfere with obtaining speed while controlling the car. The balance sits nicely toward the throttle powering rather than throttle steering.
The timing and degree in input control I need for the AR slalom is nicely mid-range. Not too little inputs is needed so that a little equals too much reaction, and not so much input is needed that the cars timing is too slow.
Unfortunately there is a smidge too much under-steer in the car. There are several corners where I want to put my foot down and rotate out the middle and through corner exit, but instead I know I have to restrain myself because of the lack of over-steer. If I did full throttle like I wanted the car would just push to the outside of the track far too early and force me to back off, and brake lift-off wouldn't rotate the car enough to compensate.
But! Despite my comments on the lack of over-steer, under-steer doesn't dominate the car, the push out is gentle and easy to control, on a few corners it's actually favorable (my driving style doesn't fit well with under-steer cars).
On HSRr the under-over problem disappears nicely. The high speed corners bring out the MR aspects of this car and help it rotate while still maintaining great grip.
Gearing is nice. 1st is a racing gear (I use it on the slower corners, rather than just hitting 2nd). The rest are spaced nicely and deliver the power evenly. It's almost bland and I wouldn't notice the gearing if I didn't think about it for this review. Which speaks well of the gearing, it's so natural that I don't think if it at all and can focus on balancing the other aspects of car control. 6th is nicely short and delivers power all the way through the long stretch on HSRr.
Braking is a little longer than the other cars in this shootout. Trail-braking almost makes up for it. On both AR and HSRr trail-braking is useful for corner entrance setup for mid- to exit full throttle. But only on mid- to high speed corners.

thank you Ron for your time testing my ride . I hope you enjoy it :) . Sorry for the under and over lack steering . But i know that you can control it thats why you did good lap time 👍
Have a good day

ND :dopey:

Back