F.I.T.T. Azure Cobra Shootout (Ended. Results on post 3.)

• Thread starter Ronald6
  • 244 comments
United States
Portland / Or /
Barefoot_Driver
Welcome to the Azure Cobra Shootout.

This tuner challenge is for one car on one track: the Shelby Cobra 427 '66 @ Cote d'Azur.

As a FITT sanctioned event all FITT rules apply except as stated/changed below.

Tune submissions end on, and testing begins: Sept 28 (Friday)
Testing ends: one week later, Oct 5th

No parts are allowed except: chassis reinforcement; custom transmission; custom LSD; and fully custom suspension. No power upgrades, weight degrades, or drivetrain changes are allowed.

The tyres will be Sports Softs.
As per usual shootout rules no aids will be allowed, except ABS which can be one or zero at the drivers discretion.
Grip = Real.

In an effort to bring a better driving experience to the testers the Brake Balance will be up to the driver. :) The tuners can list a suggested BB but that will only be a starting point for the drivers.

Post 2 will list the registered tuners and testers.

Post 3 will list the test results.

The point system:
5 points will be awarded to the tuner with the lowest time. 4 to second place and so. Each driver gets 5 through 1 points to allot to a tune he feels is fitting. He can assign 5 points to one tune, 4 to another and so on. But he only gets one of each number to assign.
The tuner with the most points wins.

I do not anticipate the need for a second round, but if enough tuners sign up I will split you all into separate groups.

Testers, please provide the following information in your results:
Tuner name:
Best lap:
ABS: 0/1, BB ?/?
Controller type:
Sensitivity or Feedback:
Notes:

Enjoy!
Ron

Last edited:
Final test results:

Because all the testers pulled out besides the tuners competing (because their is only one group competitors scores cannot count) only my, DigitalBaka and CyKosis's (CyKosies?) will count.

Fastest lap points:
Krenkme: 14
Praiano: 8
MCHami: 7
ACSR421: 7
OnBoy123: 6
ugabugaz: 3

Driver points:
Krenkme: 14
ACSR421: 8
MCHami: 7
OnBoy123: 7
Praiano: 7
Ugabugaz: 2

Total points (and the winner is...):
Krenkme: 28
Praiano: 15
ACRS421: 15
MCHami: 14
OnBoy123: 13
Ugabugaz: 5

Last edited:
You have two weeks. Should be plenty of time.

Please say you will, your tunes are always fun to drive and add to the diversity of driving styles needed. 👍

Ronald6
You have two weeks. Should be plenty of time.

Please say you will, your tunes are always fun to drive and add to the diversity of driving styles needed. 👍

I'll see, I'll do my best to have a crack at this. 👍

Praiano, my friend, welcome.

Having the alien tuner here should help draw a crowd. 👍

@All:
Break in and oil change are up to the tuner. The car they put on share, and it's condition, will be what the testers drive.

Thank you for bringing this up.

New rule: All cars must be borrowed.

By far my most favourite of cars in the whole wide world. I'll see if I get time to build one, but for now I'll just be testing, thanks Ron 👍

{Cy}

I'm in as tuner and tester, and the only changes allowed are : transmission, LSD, suspension and chassis reinforcement. I like this, I can set my own BB when testing.

I'll…try to not die and see if I can get this infamous snake to drive like the MR2…or the Garaiya, even. :D

Ridox, check out the WDSC week 4. It's the week they set up so that if the driver set ABS 0 then the driver could adjust BB. It also just happens to be the same car/track combo. ;)

It would also be a good place to get baseline times for a stock Cobra @ d'Azure. Some of the drivers have amazing times and have posted excellent videos.

I tried a stock Cobra 427, 471hp 532pp, 0 miles when I ran it on Cote D' Azur, a few laps in, 1:47.096, no ABS, no other aids, BB 9/4, steering = 0, grip = real, SS tires. There are so many corners taken with powerslides, it was too much fun not to slide ;)

On my way,1:42.xxx for the moment, hard to go down this. Still looking for an option, there is just a few without ballast..... but it's fun to drive.

I can be a tester too, for a group of 8 to 10 cars maximum.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Praiano asked and I answered: oil change and break in condition are up to the tuner. Because there isn't a PP that the tuners need to hit, break in is optional.

Praiano asked and I answered: oil change and break in condition are up to the tuner. Because there isn't a PP that the tuners need to hit, break in is optional.

Hmm&#8230;Interesting decision.

So, option 1, have the advantage on the straights, but more wild ponies to control, or option 2, hope that the power won't have that big an effect here and try to control what power there is in the 470+hp bathtub&#8230;This calls for an experiment&#8230;and for my GT5 account to be completely drained of all its cash. :lol:

I see you do not have any prizes for your shootout. Could I help you out in this? If so here is my idea:

Fastest car- Shelby Series 1 (tuned by Clueless if you'd like )
Second - Shelby 350 (tuned by Clueless if you'd like )
Third - A/C Cobra (tuned by Clueless if you'd like )
All testers get any premium car under 500,000cr (... well tuned by Clueless if you'd like )

Also if you want the slowest car (not tester) gets a Honda Z...tuned by Clueless :dopey:

If you need it that is :D:tup:

Not sure I can be a tuner for the event, but I wish you luck, and if I can tune I'll be sure to let you know :dopey:

-Adam

Ps- your in box is full :lol::dopey:

My personal opinion is that break in and oil change will not have that great an effect on the performance of this combo. LSD settings should do what dirty oil does.

If anyone is interested: this can can be raced on the Seasonal World Classic Car 500pp race. With the limiter at around 78% it qualifies, at 50% I'm receiving 900k$ per 10 minutes while I get used to the stock car. Even at 50% limiter the Comfort Soft tyres make it fun. 👍

@Krenkme:
I tried using a reward system for my Caterham Shootout but no one contacted me about them after the shootout was over. It seems that from what I've seen rewards are offered but tuners rarely ask for them at the end. I have all the cars you listed at triple zero. If the tuners want rewards I'm up for it.

We testers realize the rewards are the tunes. ;)

Last edited:
The only reason I offer with the Clueless tune, is it seems people might like a car tuned for them and not just a stock tune (seems to have worked for the shootouts I have been a part of), but it is totally up to you. It is your shootout, and you run it the way you see fit. I was just offering :dopey:

I appreciate the offer and I like the idea of a personalized tune as a reward. If you are up for it I'd love it. Thanks.

Ronald6
I appreciate the offer and I like the idea of a personalized tune as a reward. If you are up for it I'd love it. Thanks.

You bet ( it might get me off my butt and tune good cars again :dopey: )

krenkme
...and tune good cars again :dopey: )

As opposed to Clueless cars? ;)

I spent several hours today playing with the stock Cobra, both on the seasonal (nice fun cash, that) and full powered on SS in practice mode. I can't get close to my best time of 1:44.112, so far today I'm at 1:45.784.

I've played around with different views and found cockpit to be the most enjoyable, and the times are still comparable to bumper and hood. On hood view I feel the car rotate better, but for some reason my pedal control is wanting.

I played around with ABS zero and BB. It takes a long time, around five laps, to heat the front tyres enough that ABS zero is usable. Until the fronts warm up they will lock up on a dime, despite the BB.

I think my starting BB will be 2/1.

I work another graveyard shift tonight, so until later, night y'all.

Back