FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you to everyone for the valuable feedback! I really do appreciate it.

Seems the consensus is that it isn't aggressive enough at the front, which I agree with. As an effort to learn I will keep toying with this one to get it right and I might ask some folks to test it out again privately. Hopefully 2.08 won't go completely bat 🤬 crazy with the changes.

Different note, are there dates for round two yet, Sir Simon? I could have passed them up but I did want to add them to the calendar. And of course best of luck to the 6 who made it!

No time to for me to start on fixing the tune on MR2 :( . And i know that it will not make defernt any way. Round two is more strong and my score came number four :crazy: Is it still time to tune it ? :dopey:

ND

No time to for me to start on fixing the tune on MR2 :( . And i know that it will not make defernt any way. Round two is more strong and my score came number four :crazy: Is it still time to tune it ? :dopey:

ND

If you are short on time, at the very least, adjust the final gear so that the car tops out on the long front straight.

ugabugaz
When does the re-tune deadline end?

I think is today 22 Sat (00:00)GMT . And until now i didn't tune my car maybe i will use same tune :crazy: The car still on share if you want to take it for spin . And still i am waiting for your comment my friend 👍

Motor City Hami
If you are short on time, at the very least, adjust the final gear so that the car tops out on the long front straight.

Even this i did't change my final gear :( .

ND:dopey:

Last edited:
So Saturday midnight GMT time would be 8pm Eastern Standard time on Friday? So we are past deadline? I am doing a couple of test runs for RJ to help him with transmission settings. If there is a little grace period to be posted anytime on our Saturday, Eastern Standard Time, that would be great. Is that still acceptable?

If I missed the deadline, so be it. But otherwise...View changes I made to the tune by looking for the (GV) Tag. Modified a ton of stuff and made the Miura oh so very smooth. It still isn't perfect but I just don't have time to do more. Pretty sure there's more time to be gained by tweaking the back dampers. Got a hotlap of 2:01.149 - plenty more to be shaved by a good driver.

Edit: Wow, I can't believe I did something this stupid. I had accidentally left Skid Recovery on for the entire duration of my tuning session. Major :nervous:. Just noticed after taking out my Cobra and seeing Skid was ON. Re-lapped, basically a second slower. Gah, I blame alcohol. With this new development tune isn't a smooth and needs more work.:ouch:

Edit 2: All fixed. Picked a happy medium between stability and speed.

Last edited:
Mazda Altenza Sport 25Z '07
299hp, 1310kg, 460PP

8011217840_1a61253d0d.jpg

Track - Grand Valley Speedway

Don't you love it when your girlfriend goes to fat camp for a week and loses 600 pounds? Your car gets better gas mileage when you take her out on the town. It corners better. And, she doesn't crush you anymore when she wants to be on top. The world is just a better place with a girl who is 600 pounds lighter. That's kinda the same experience you're going to feel with RJ's car between round one and round two.

Tune posted here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7586926#post7586926

Car is on share for testing.

Err…how long left till the round 2 deadline? And I'm almost too sure I'll be given some hell for this, so I may as well come out with it now. I'll be using a different MR2 Spyder '99. Same model, different mileage. I've asked Nomis about it and it's fine, so there.

Anyway…I feel like crap, being downed with some disease or other, so don't be too surprised if you wind up crashing my MR2 this round. It's most likely not the driver, but me. :lol:

Err…how long left till the round 2 deadline? And I'm almost too sure I'll be given some hell for this, so I may as well come out with it now. I'll be using a different MR2 Spyder '99. Same model, different mileage. I've asked Nomis about it and it's fine, so there.

Anyway…I feel like crap, being downed with some disease or other, so don't be too surprised if you wind up crashing my MR2 this round. It's most likely not the driver, but me. :lol:

I won't be the one giving you crap for it seeing as my Atenza, well, is a different car too. Same tune sides gearing, just different parts selection/ballast weight. :lol:

Who would ever know? Besides it wouldn't make any difference in performance. I thought about posting a Zonda instead of my Lotus just for fun.

I won't be the one giving you crap for it seeing as my Atenza, well, is a different car too. Same tune sides gearing, just different parts selection/ballast weight. :lol:

I actually ended up using the exact same car, just put it on a diet. For the testing I bought two brand new Altenza's and made one fat and one skinny. Then just applied the one that you wanted to the original car. My Bob's weren't feeling up to breaking in a new car for round two.

Who would ever know? Besides it wouldn't make any difference in performance. I thought about posting a Zonda instead of my Lotus just for fun.

The parts list would tell you from the off, pretty much.

And depending on how quick it is in comparison, I'd have thanked you for it. :lol: I told Nomis that I'd try and have a crack at the top, but the MR2 is hardly a solid platform for that. And I thought retune meant the same car model? :lol:

The parts list would tell you from the off, pretty much.

And depending on how quick it is in comparison, I'd have thanked you for it. :lol: I told Nomis that I'd try and have a crack at the top, but the MR2 is hardly a solid platform for that. And I thought retune meant the same car model? :lol:

My interpretation for the retune was same car model that still meets the specs. It seems silly to hold someone to the same exact parts list and just allowing tweaks to the settings. Parts matching is part of tuning.

I also have a Ford GT tuned, but noone is going to mistake that for a Lotus. :)

Alright…the MR2 is on share. And I think I've actually made it more docile than the wing'd one… Actually, scratch that, I'd jinx it or something. :lol:

Sorry for being AWOL in the past couple of days. v2.08 about to turn our tunes upside down? Argh!!! Not now...

Different note, are there dates for round two yet, Sir Simon? I could have passed them up but I did want to add them to the calendar

So Saturday midnight GMT time would be 8pm Eastern Standard time on Friday? So we are past deadline? I am doing a couple of test runs for RJ to help him with transmission settings. If there is a little grace period to be posted anytime on our Saturday, Eastern Standard Time, that would be great. Is that still acceptable?
Yep, deadline is now passed. I posted it here, sorry that it wasn't more obvious.

The tunes to use for the final are in the tuners post now.

-------------

Any chance that round two testing can be done by September 25th?
So that we can avoid 2.08 physics playing havoc with the tunes? :nervous: Yes, that would be my preference. But the risk is we won't get enough test results in before the update hits. Anyway, we'll give it a shot. If we have less than 4 testers results submitted before 2.08 then I'll implement "Plan B".

Sooo...if you can, please test before September 25 (update 2.08).
Finalists are eligible to test, any help getting a decent number of test results in before the 2.08 update is much appreciated.

----------
Onboy123
Alright…the MR2 is on share.
Phew, I thought you'd missed the chance to re-tune. Could you please post your settings when you're not dying? (PS hope you're feeling better soon)

Last edited:
It looks like I may be installing a wood floor in the kids room Tuesday but I should be able to run 6 cars in the morning. Plus there is no learning the course for me since I use GVS as my "home" course for tuning. :mischievous:

My crappy schedule may finally be useful.

Phew, I thought you'd missed the chance to re-tune. Could you please post your settings when you're not dying? (PS hope you're feeling better soon)

Retuning the MR2 became tuning a new one for it since I forgot "retune" meant "adjust", not "change everything on the damn thing"…whatever, its good enough for me anyway, though testers will need to drive it quite hard if its to even come close to the top.

Final Round
Motor City Hami (scroll down to "Round Two Settings")
Onboy123 (car on share has correct settings)
NEWDRIVER2 (same as Round 1 settings)
Rotary Junkie (scroll down to 2nd picture)
Ugabugaz (settings in pink)
Trackripper123 (use 3.285 final drive ratio)

The OP has me wondering, tuners are putting the changes on share, right? Or are we supposed to dig through and make these changes to each car ourselves?

The OP has me wondering, tuners are putting the changes on share, right? Or are we supposed to dig through and make these changes to each car ourselves?

Cars are all shared, it's just that, if you're curious about said changes, you'd have to do what you're told in the brackets. :P

My car's shared, but the final drive might be wrong. Just check to make sure, I can't remember what it was set as.

MR2 Spec II settings for round…er…2. :lol: Car is on share…and just for you, ugabugaz, I've set the old MR2 back on share so you can get going on making things fair for me and that I'll have my review before the update. :P

MR2- GVS Setup (Please note: The car in question is WHITE, and DOES NOT have a wing. Don't test the wrong car.

Weight adjustment:
Ballast: 96 @ +50

Power limiter:
97.8%

Transmission:
Final Gear: 3.950/2.500
1st: 3.496
2nd: 2.655
3rd: 2.173
4th: 1.810
5th: 1.543
6th: 1.324